Race and faction settings?

Guest plobis

Guest plobis

Hey, can someone explain to me how to add for example the "vigilant of stendarr" as hostile towards my custom race in the creation kit? I was unable to find any useful guides via google, unfortunately. I hope someone have the spare time to guide me a little and I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

Not an expert, but at a cursory glance, I'd imagine faction hostility would require your PC to be part of a faction in order for a whole faction to hate you. So my thoughts would be that you have to create a faction for your PC/custom race, adjust the Interfaction Relationship between it and the Vigilant of Stendarr faction to be hostile, and then add that faction to your PC. I wouldn't use an existing faction, just in case it conflicts with anything else or causes unexpected results with any NPCs that share the PC's faction,

Adding the faction to your PC is something I can't help with, I'm afraid. Easiest way would be to take the reference ID and just add it via in-game console to your PC, but that's not very immersive. Will do in a pinch for testing though.

Guest plobis

I already had a few attempts trying to get this work with the faction settings but it didn't turn out too well. The vigiliants were still passive towards me. I've created my own faction and set VigilantOfStendarrFaction "Interfaction Relation" upon my newely created faction as "enemy" but it didn't do anything. I guess it's not as simply how I imagine? What exactly do you mean by adding it to the PC? The custom faction seem to appear in both of my custom actors (factions and ranks). I'm probably way off course. :s

Yes, the alternative option is what I'm trying to avoid. :D

I see what you mean. I had similar results when making a "I Hate Whiterun" faction, enemies with WhiterunGuards and WhiterunTownsfolk, added that to my PC, but no one attacked me.

Maybe you should take a look at how the Factions work for Vampires / Werewolves? They're attacked on site when they transform. Take a look at some of the other factions that attack the PC on site, like Bandits, Necromancers, Conjurers, Forsworn, etc. I'll check on mine as well and see if I can't find out what's making the behaviour trigger.

Guest plobis

I've tried to look upon the other factions but I couldn't read any sense out of them, they aren't much different compared to my custom faction one. I have the feeling we're still using some sort of "default faction/player faction" instead of the new custom one which seems to be ignored? Something is missing. Well, shit... where to continue? :C

Archived