On 5/12/2018 at 3:38 PM, Sathella said:

Kimy, would it be possible to adjust or add a new variant to the elbowbinders? Hear me out:

In essence, they are an upgraded version of the armbinder, significantly tighter by pulling the elbows sharply together. However, they take the same effort in game to escape from than their original cousins. What if the elbowbinders, featured a zipper with a lock rather than lacing (like the back of the hobble dresses). Then, they are impossible to escape from and you must be let out of them, just like the yokes.

An idea.

On 5/12/2018 at 4:16 PM, LazyBoot said:

Just a minor correction there, they do actually take more effort to get out of... The escape chances are quite a bit lower, so on average it'll take more tries to get out.

LazyBoot, to you I regrettably must admit that:

gRk1uZm.gif.8ad228cece18f1bf989ad5dab298e777.gif

However, that is not the point I'm trying to make.

If you will indulge me for a few sentences, I have a quick story. I remember when I first found this mod a few years ago, one of the earlier events that happened was that I got sent on the 'bondage adventure', which included the "inescapable" armbinder whose description reads as follows: This armbinder is reinforced with metal straps made from an extremely tough alloy that prevents cutting and is fitted with a custom high security lock.

I am a great fan of armbinders, I have always found them mesmerizing. Between the lines they produces, the efficient method in which they restrain, and the way they alter the way that their wearer moves. I'm going to pick on a specific device to emphasize my point. Since I already mentioned the "inescapable" armbinder, I'll continue to use that. I was disappointed to discover that said device did not match it's description at all.

- Firstly, it shared the same mesh of all armbinders. By that I mean, it did not look special for something with the word 'inescapable' in it's name.

- Secondly, "reinforced with metal straps". Yet I did not see anything of the sort. I was hoping for something like the cuff and lock that you see on the slave ballet heels.

- Thirdly, "Custom high security lock". The only locks present are the pair on the shoulder straps, again same as all the others. In my mind, I was hoping for an additional, large lock in prominent view, say a large padlock hanging on a zipper?

- Finally, despite it being classified as a "high security device", it does not look the part. There is nothing to prevent an assisting party to aid in removing the device by simply loosening the lacing. To me, a "high security device" is one that does not come off, unless a key in involved.

Now, at last I return to my original point. In my first post I say, "they [elbowbinders] are impossible to escape from and you must be let out of them, just like the yokes." That's it. Another device comparable in non-escapability to a yoke. Which, if you watch enough videos of talented, young, escape artists; I've seen more women escape from a yoke than I have a properly applied armbinder.

I was overjoyed when I downloaded DDx 4.0 and saw that the elbowbinders had been added, something I had been waiting a long time for. As to me, they are the next tier up in security. I am merely asking for them to take the next step in their evolution. Imagine how it would look, to have that narrow streamlining, accented by a clean silver zipper with a large lock at the top, or the system that fastens the corsets on (those double bars that pass through a series of loops, then secured with a lock). Something that you can't wiggle out of, unlock or cut open with a sharp object in the field. Perhaps even have them share the same debuff as the paw mittens, i mean good luck using a key yourself. They only way out (without cheating) is to return to town and ask a kind stranger to use your key and unlock it for you.

I have rambled on long enough, but does this help clarify my position?

8 hours ago, Sathella said:

I can relate to your position quite well. The at times apparent mismatch between the visual 3D model of some of the devices and their functionality/description is best explained by how DD evolved. The mod has been in development for many years now, with at least a dozen modelers, coders, animators and others involved over time. Even the lead developer role has been handed over from one to the next developer a few times as people move on to different hobbies or things in life. 

In the case of the armbinder you are referring to, this means that the 3D model was created as one of the first models, and then over time people started adding their own ideas like high sescurity locks or metal strap reinforcements. I'm just speculating now (I wasn't around on LL back then) but maybe there just wasn't a modeler available or willing to do the changes to the 3D model when the coder came up with them. Modifying existing models isn't exactly easy when it comes to complex 3D meshes like we have in DD and the modelers also want to create their own, new stuff.

There are other inconsistencies like the ones you've mentioned -- including lockable devices that have no visible locks at all -- but with way too many ideas and things already on our wish lists, I think all those will end up on the "nice to have" list of things rather than as "must have". But I must admit, the strict armbinder you describe does sound intriguing.

10 hours ago, Sathella said:

Now, at last I return to my original point. In my first post I say, "they [elbowbinders] are impossible to escape from and you must be let out of them, just like the yokes." That's it. Another device comparable in non-escapability to a yoke. Which, if you watch enough videos of talented, young, escape artists; I've seen more women escape from a yoke than I have a properly applied armbinder.

I was overjoyed when I downloaded DDx 4.0 and saw that the elbowbinders had been added, something I had been waiting a long time for. As to me, they are the next tier up in security. I am merely asking for them to take the next step in their evolution. Imagine how it would look, to have that narrow streamlining, accented by a clean silver zipper with a large lock at the top, or the system that fastens the corsets on (those double bars that pass through a series of loops, then secured with a lock). Something that you can't wiggle out of, unlock or cut open with a sharp object in the field. Perhaps even have them share the same debuff as the paw mittens, i mean good luck using a key yourself. They only way out (without cheating) is to return to town and ask a kind stranger to use your key and unlock it for you.

While I don't think it would necessarily be a bad thing to have an armbinder act like a yoke, IMO that type of unique mechanical difference would be best implemented as a custom version of the item, not the "basic" version included in the DD framework.  I like that the default elbowbinders add some variety to the shape of armbinders without completely changing their functionality, and makes them easy to use as slightly harder versions of armbinders in mods like Cursed Loot.

I think your description of your disappointment of the lack of a visual difference in the "Inescapable" armbinder is a good example of the value of having multiple variants that modders can customize to fill a gameplay need.  Now that "elbowbinders" have been implemented as a visually different version of armbinders that still functionally act the same, that Cursed Loot item's mesh could be swapped out for the elbowbinder model, the descriptions changed to accentuate the more extreme nature of the elbowbinder, and the severity of the item custom-edited to match (including any special yoke-like restrictions on self-removal).  A mod could even be set up so that all "custom" armbinders have the elbowbinder mesh, so you'd know at a glance that the binding you just got is different from "normal" armbinders and will have custom requirements attached to it.

I think it the more variety in meshes available in DD the better, so modders like Kimy don't have to rely so heavily on written descriptions to justify mechanics (example - the slave items going into detail exactly how many padlocks and zippers are on each item, almost none of which are represented visually).  However, if a slave suit with 5 obvious locks was added, I don't think the "basic" version included in the framework should have a harsh requirement of 5 keys programmed in by default - it should probably just act like any other suit and let individual modders decide if it should get custom difficulty. 

By the way, @Kimy, is there any reason why Racemenu/NiOverride is not listed as required/wanted by any of the DD mods? (on the first posts or mod pages)

Considering that DDx uses nioverride for the heels, is that not something that should be mentioned?

23 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

By the way, @Kimy, is there any reason why Racemenu/NiOverride is not listed as required/wanted by any of the DD mods? (on the first posts or mod pages)

Considering that DDx uses nioverride for the heels, is that not something that should be mentioned?

Other than me being silly, no. I will add this when we release 4.1! :smile:

Hello, I have encountered a problem.

I just did a fresh install of all my mods, and have just downloaded Zap and DD (I have all requirements). But there seems to be a problem with the armbinder not triggering the animations from Zap, because my character is in a T-pose. I ran FNIS multiple times and removed all mods that conflicted, but i cant seem to get the animations to work.

In the Zap mod menu i can trigger the armbinder animations without any problem, but DD wont trigger them by itself.

1 minute ago, marinoer said:

Hello, I have encountered a problem.

I just did a fresh install of all my mods, and have just downloaded Zap and DD (I have all requirements). But there seems to be a problem with the armbinder not triggering the animations from Zap, because my character is in a T-pose. I ran FNIS multiple times and removed all mods that conflicted, but i cant seem to get the animations to work.

In the Zap mod menu i can trigger the armbinder animations without any problem, but DD wont trigger them by itself.

What mod manager are you using? (Include version as well)

On 14.5.2018 at 1:32 AM, Agesly said:

I always get this error when running BodySlide

72SRdOs.png

On 14.5.2018 at 9:32 AM, SleepyJim said:

The "BreastRopeExtreme" isn't part of DDx, or DD as a whole. I'm fairly certain it's from one of the unofficial Zaz Animation Packs, ZAP 8 or 8+

Yes, and it is not used. It is replaced by Breastropextreme01/02. T.ara didn't deleted it...

On 5/15/2018 at 5:29 AM, Reesewow said:

While I don't think it would necessarily be a bad thing to have an armbinder act like a yoke, IMO that type of unique mechanical difference would be best implemented as a custom version of the item, not the "basic" version included in the DD framework.  I like that the default elbowbinders add some variety to the shape of armbinders without completely changing their functionality, and makes them easy to use as slightly harder versions of armbinders in mods like Cursed Loot.

I think your description of your disappointment of the lack of a visual difference in the "Inescapable" armbinder is a good example of the value of having multiple variants that modders can customize to fill a gameplay need.  Now that "elbowbinders" have been implemented as a visually different version of armbinders that still functionally act the same, that Cursed Loot item's mesh could be swapped out for the elbowbinder model, the descriptions changed to accentuate the more extreme nature of the elbowbinder, and the severity of the item custom-edited to match (including any special yoke-like restrictions on self-removal).  A mod could even be set up so that all "custom" armbinders have the elbowbinder mesh, so you'd know at a glance that the binding you just got is different from "normal" armbinders and will have custom requirements attached to it.

I think it the more variety in meshes available in DD the better, so modders like Kimy don't have to rely so heavily on written descriptions to justify mechanics (example - the slave items going into detail exactly how many padlocks and zippers are on each item, almost none of which are represented visually).  However, if a slave suit with 5 obvious locks was added, I don't think the "basic" version included in the framework should have a harsh requirement of 5 keys programmed in by default - it should probably just act like any other suit and let individual modders decide if it should get custom difficulty. 

I think all that above was just a long-winded way of saying "It would be nice if the 'impossible to escape from restraints' looked more like their description. That's all.

Does anyone using DD mods while playing like werewolf or vampire lord? I did few tests and I know that transformation to human form break wrist restraints animation but all other things seems like works normal (sometimes restraints disapear on your body but it still locked in you inventory. You could click on it and all restraints appear again).

And now I wonder, does those beast forms could broke something? I'm planning big game soon and I don't want break my save or my game at all. But also I want full game experience.

22 minutes ago, Dust+ said:

Does anyone using DD mods while playing like werewolf or vampire lord? I did few tests and I know that transformation to human form break wrist restraints animation but all other things seems like works normal (sometimes restraints disapear on your body but it still locked in you inventory. You could click on it and all restraints appear again).

And now I wonder, does those beast forms could broke something? I'm planning big game soon and I don't want break my save or my game at all. But also I want full game experience.

I didn't notice anything other that what you mentioned when I did a vampire lord playthrough.

Hey, all

First, let me apologize if this has been addressed before, I did read through the FAQ and the entire thread and did not see it in here.  I'm having a significant issue with the Leather Leg cuffs, they are freaking out bad on my toon or any NPC's that end up with them.  I don't even know how to describe it, please see the attached picture for a very mild example of the issue.  When it really goes nuts, it will actually completely obscure all vision if you have the cuffs anywhere in your line of sight, with various angled objects stretching out to infinity.  I think its a texture issue, but I am so not smart enough to say that unequivocally.  I have bodyslided all the assets, followed all the other troubleshooting advice with no joy.  I'm actually kinda confused, because when I pull up the offending items in the console, they're labled as cuffsLeatherLeg_1.nif and are shown as being part of DDX, but when I go through Bodyslide, or even Windows Explorer to find those items, they only show up in Captured Dreams Shop and do not show in DDX at all.  If anyone could point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this, I would be greatly appreciative.

ScreenShot242.jpg

ScreenShot240.jpg