I'm pretty new at this but I'm also sure I've installed everything correctly. Its only the Expansion that's crashing the game. When I hit "continue" on the menu, and when I get past that, whenever I leave/enter a place, go into my inventory, ect. Its always at random, not only that but when it actually doesn't close for once, the quests don't work. Anyone have any incite?

• 2 weeks later...

Made a spreadsheet for designing outfits, could be used as a resource (for people who have Excel).

The purpose is to detect and eliminate armor conflicts between devices. There's a data validation field where you can select any device type, and it will return a value corresponding to the respective armor addon slot(s) that the device uses. If any armor addon slot returns > 1.0, a conditional format triggers that will highlight the value red to show a conflict in that slot.

It goes a bit like this:

You select an item to start building an outfit using the dropdown, it adds a value to the corresponding armor slot(s):

image.png.9bb83171bbc1993914c1415f3746ff34.png

Then you keep adding items in whatever order you want, if there's a conflict, the count field highlights red on the respective armor slot row(s). In this case, the Harness is conflicting with the Chastity Belt and the Corset on the 49 and 58 armor slots:

image.png.e2d1c77b0bfcdd02790f8c1084ce569b.png

Removing one of the conflicting items fixes it:

image.png.f42944d1be392c00866f083e57c24e1c.png

Also, duplicate values in the input field highlight:

image.png.bfd0e147248914d62438555376932d83.png

Basically, it is just a little sheet to help with DD outfit planning, the highlights can help avoid mishaps if you are building DD outfits, or formlists, or equips via scripts...

I don't know if anyone is still providing support for this.

I noticed that I was having a clipping issue with the White Ebonite Restrictive Gloves and White Ebonite Restrictive Boots.

clip1.thumb.jpg.9ff316b30e01f14b0be15a4e3c223991.jpgclip2.jpg.22a6d4157005312f0fc5dbdcbb476dc3.jpg

I'm not really sure how to use bodyslide to fix this, and any guidance would be appreciated.

However, when I load up DDX - CBBE - Ebonite Restrictive Boots, there is no reference body which I'm led to believe is supposed to appear in the preview.

5ac6860007717_RestrictiveBoots.png.0d948997bfad5ee142969d953fead596.png

5ac68604b753e_RestrictiveGloves.png.06e9ce7424ccf546ca5e3cf8fa97d85c.png

Guidance on fixing either of these problems would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Oh, the character I'm using is a Succubus from Succubus Race.  It's using a CBBE body.

Edit: Just learning how to use the spoiler tag, sorry >.<

Edit: I've also attached my modlist.

modlist.txt

Probably nothing you can fix, exactly, though I wonder if there are other places I can download this file from?

I'm not having this problem with any other file, but this one in particular keeps failing to download. Sometimes it even stops halfway then completely restarts from the beginning. Really frustrating on a slow connection. No other file from LL is doing this, but this IS the largest file I have downloaded from Lovers Lab. 

For whatever reason it doesn't like me. If not another location, is it possible to get it broken up? Maybe LL just doesn't like me having larger downloads. Seriously, I have downloaded files a few gb worth from elsewhere with no problem. While my net IS slow, I occasionally have files fail (but trying again always works), and my isp could be better, this issue is unique for me. I'mma try again one more time, though it has been over six tries by now.

Sorry if this is in the wrong location. First post on this forum I think.

Hi! I would like some help here.

I'm new to modding, and after installing "Devious Devices - Expansion" (Devious Assets as well as Devious Integration had already been installed and running properly), my game just kept crashing when I'm trying to load my game. Could anyone guide me along the way here? I'm trying to install the "Deviously Cursed Loot" mod here and have had been trying for the past 3+ days with little success (due to my inexperience in modding my game); google-ing here and there for some of the errors took me quite a while.

Thanks!

(p.s. I have no idea how to get a Papyrus Log so if you could let me know how please. Much appreciated.)

44 minutes ago, larrylaile said:

Hi! I would like some help here.

I'm new to modding, and after installing "Devious Devices - Expansion" (Devious Assets as well as Devious Integration had already been installed and running properly), my game just kept crashing when I'm trying to load my game.

Crashing when loading is actually quite common for heavily modded Skyrim.  Few things you can try:

1. Install Crash Fixes from the Nexus (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725) - this helps with some types of load crashes and other general CTDs.

2. Try loading your save from a "safety save".  You can do this by starting a new game, and then loading your save game from there.  What I always do is type "coc qasmoke" into the console at the title screen to spawn in the test cell, then load my games from there.

3 hours ago, Reesewow said:

Crashing when loading is actually quite common for heavily modded Skyrim.  Few things you can try:

1. Install Crash Fixes from the Nexus (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725) - this helps with some types of load crashes and other general CTDs.

2. Try loading your save from a "safety save".  You can do this by starting a new game, and then loading your save game from there.  What I always do is type "coc qasmoke" into the console at the title screen to spawn in the test cell, then load my games from there.

Hi!

It works now. But I am having problems with my character body when she wears some bonded gear from "Devious Devices". Any advise?

57 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

Run Bodyslide.

I did that, as well as select the "Batch Build" option in the executable. I use nexus mod manager, and launch BodySlide through that. The processes are repeated each time I install a mod (going down the list for "Deviously Cursed Loot") just because I have no clue when is the appropriate time to do so for which mod. The same goes for FNIS.

1 minute ago, larrylaile said:

I did that, as well as select the "Batch Build" option in the executable. I use nexus mod manager, and launch BodySlide through that. The processes are repeated each time I install a mod (going down the list for "Deviously Cursed Loot") just because I have no clue when is the appropriate time to do so for which mod. The same goes for FNIS.

Probably need some more details then, what do you mean by "problems with your body"?  What devices?  I assumed you meant invisible body - which either means things have not been built properly in Bodyslide or things are not installed properly.  

1 minute ago, Reesewow said:

Probably need some more details then, what do you mean by "problems with your body"?  What devices?  I assumed you meant invisible body - which either means things have not been built properly in Bodyslide or things are not installed properly.  

The problems I state are indeed the parts of my body turning invisible whenever I equip one of the "Devious Assets" bondage items. Is there any way I can identify what has not been built properly in BodySlide or what mods I did not install properly? (best to note that whenever I run BodySlide, a "successful" message pops up).

I have uninstalled and re-installed all the mods (whatever preq for "Deviously Cursed Loot") twice already now but to no avail.

9 minutes ago, larrylaile said:

The problems I state are indeed the parts of my body turning invisible whenever I equip one of the "Devious Assets" bondage items. Is there any way I can identify what has not been built properly in BodySlide or what mods I did not install properly? (best to note that whenever I run BodySlide, a "successful" message pops up).

I have uninstalled and re-installed all the mods (whatever preq for "Deviously Cursed Loot") twice already now but to no avail.

You'd wan't to make sure you have all of the DD-related groups selected before you batch build.  In Bodyslide the group selection is the center-top dropdown menu, click "Choose Groups" and make sure all the groups with DD in the name are selected.  Then batch build should build them all to your selected preset (some items have two versions - there may be a popup window asking for you to select which versions you want - this is to choose if you want items to bounce or not if you use HDT on your bodies).

Batch Build doesn't build absolutely everything you have installed, just the groups you have selected.  All items that will be exported will show up in the drop-down in the top left corner.  That is so you can build a bunch of items at the same time without rebuilding absolutely everything.

32 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

You'd wan't to make sure you have all of the DD-related groups selected before you batch build.  In Bodyslide the group selection is the center-top dropdown menu, click "Choose Groups" and make sure all the groups with DD in the name are selected.  Then batch build should build them all to your selected preset (some items have two versions - there may be a popup window asking for you to select which versions you want - this is to choose if you want items to bounce or not if you use HDT on your bodies).

Batch Build doesn't build absolutely everything you have installed, just the groups you have selected.  All items that will be exported will show up in the drop-down in the top left corner.  That is so you can build a bunch of items at the same time without rebuilding absolutely everything.

So this is (part of) what I have in my BodySlide. Couldn't fit the whole drop in the Screenshot.

Picture1.png.347690428c20e41d2be285fb9e883c6f.png

It is also worth noting this is what I have in Nexus Mod Manager (load order, if the image isn't too small).

Picture2.png.f225cd819a65ea5ec6c8dd923aafc95f.png

This is about as much I think may be helpful to post here. Hopefully someone could point out if I did anything wrong here..?

p.s. I should also note that I've temporary uninstalled the "Deviously Cursed Loot" mod for troubleshooting. Though the invisibility issue still persisted.

18 minutes ago, larrylaile said:

This is about as much I think may be helpful to post here. Hopefully someone could point out if I did anything wrong here..?

p.s. I should also note that I've temporary uninstalled the "Deviously Cursed Loot" mod for troubleshooting. Though the invisibility issue still persisted.

That looks fine to me, you should be able to just hit "batch build" now and have all the items built.  Afterwards the meshes for the items should show up in the folders under Steam\SteamApps\common\Skryim\Data\Meshes\Devious\Devices.  If you go to that folder you should see for example beltiron_0.nif.  If that file is not there, you need to figure out where Bodyslide thinks Skyrim is installed and is putting your meshes.

8 hours ago, Reesewow said:

That looks fine to me, you should be able to just hit "batch build" now and have all the items built.  Afterwards the meshes for the items should show up in the folders under Steam\SteamApps\common\Skryim\Data\Meshes\Devious\Devices.  If you go to that folder you should see for example beltiron_0.nif.  If that file is not there, you need to figure out where Bodyslide thinks Skyrim is installed and is putting your meshes.

The files are all present in Steam\SteamApps\common\Skryim\Data\Meshes\Devious\Devices, though all I've obtained is the same result. Perhaps the order in which I had installed all those mods in the second image is inappropriate? Could I perhaps be guided on to which one of the mods I should be installing first, till the end?

p.s. I usually check the preq of each and every mods before installation towards a certain goal ("Deviously Cursed Loot" for this instance) starting from the most basic of mods that requires no preq such as "SkyUI" and "SKSE". However, it may perhaps be due to my inexperience that I may have actually somehow done the installation in the wrong order, or perhaps even mods that I had unknowingly missed out.

Salutations! I don't know if this has been broached or not, or if I just got corrupted archives when I re-downloaded after returning to Skyrim... But it seems there are some missing meshes being called for, that are not present. The one I've noticed is the White Ebonite Catsuit, and I'll provide screen shots of the file being called for in TES5edit, and the archive of the DDX-4 not having it. If this has been addressed earlier in the thread, my apologies, I did not find it when I dug through the thread.

Thank you either direction!

Missing 01.jpg

Missing 02.jpg

30 minutes ago, IthildaeNaurel said:

Salutations! I don't know if this has been broached or not, or if I just got corrupted archives when I re-downloaded after returning to Skyrim... But it seems there are some missing meshes being called for, that are not present. The one I've noticed is the White Ebonite Catsuit, and I'll provide screen shots of the file being called for in TES5edit, and the archive of the DDX-4 not having it. If this has been addressed earlier in the thread, my apologies, I did not find it when I dug through the thread.

Thank you either direction!

Missing 01.jpg

Missing 02.jpg

Did you run bodyslide? Because that is what is needed for the files to show up.

18 minutes ago, HyperonicX said:

Did you run bodyslide? Because that is what is needed for the files to show up.

Yahuh. But that wouldn't alter the fact that the file is missing from the archive I downloaded from this site, see page one for link. I have since dug through a few other archives, specifically 'CD Part 2 - Meshes and Textures - 2048k  V4.09.7z' and found an intact file structure with the missing meshes, and bodyslide data. I am in the process of importing, and rebuilding, and hopefully this will sort the issue. I also redug through the bodyslide section of the DDX-4, and there is no Catsuit mention present, so it would be a neat trick for it to spawn files it doesn't possess the information on. The files however, are present in the CD part 2 and part 3, so hopefully that'll get me rolling. I was just posting to call attention to the fact that there seems to be a few things left out of the archive... unless it's only intended use, is for CD.

22 minutes ago, IthildaeNaurel said:

Yahuh. But that wouldn't alter the fact that the file is missing from the archive I downloaded from this site, see page one for link.

Bodyslide generates nif, which is why they don't exists by default. Did you run Bodyslide and generated the nif files?

1 hour ago, bicobus said:

Bodyslide generates nif, which is why they don't exists by default. Did you run Bodyslide and generated the nif files?

I have, multiple times. So it's possible it didn't generate something it was supposed to, which wouldn't surprise me. I've been having some terrible luck.