[New Vegas] Could you please educate me on creating a good looking female player character?

And hey, if I end up knowing how to create a nice male character, I won't get mad...

Threads like 'Show us your character' make me so jealous, I want to be able to set up my player like that.

I've stabilized my mod list, and I've added just about everything I wanted (except for a nice HUD mod, any suggestions?). All I'm lacking now is a good looking female PC.

Now, I've already got a Type 3 body replacer and the Bouncing Breasts mod. It's nothing too fancy, but I'm content with it for a body. If I can get something cooler, that's great; if I don't then it's all right too.

I have tried to use the Beauty Pack + Mikono's and then create the character with the in-game editor, but that ended up pretty horrible, even using presets. I'd say 60/40 comes down to 'I suck' and 'editor sucks'.

I've also looked at race mods, but I found some issues. Moonshadow seems cool, but is dependent on an hair pack that doesn't exist at Nexus anymore, and I'm not too big on the elf ears either (although I can live with that). Daughters of Ares also looks very well made, but android lady killer just doesn't fit in with the playthrough I'm going for. Shojo is nice if you're looking for the Japanese teen thing, but that's not really my style.

When I was looking through here for cool stuff, I saw endgameaddiction mention that the way to get the character right was with FaceGen and GECK. I see his/her point, and even though I have zero experience with GECK, I'd be up for learning how to do that stuff and doing it myself. It sounds kinda fun.

Anyway, I'm just trying to learn to create my very own femme fatale (I haven't actually played a female character since my 2nd playthrough of Fallout 2).

Thanks.

P.S.: Maybe you should have some sort of warning about posting links, I ended up having to type this twice because I had included links to the mods I mentioned.

Not to be a dick, but I kinda don't like using other people's characters. It sorta doesn't feel like my character (well, that's a dumb statement, it isn't my character...). There are some pretty well done ones in Nexus, though.

Mojave Delight looks kinda cartoony, IMO. Bombshell reminds me of Betty Boop for some reason.

Still, thank you!

I'd recommend learning enough about the GECK to make your own face preset. The in-game facial tweak menus are very limited in what they're capable of. You have a lot more customizability through greater range and significantly more slider options in the GECK's facial manipulation menus.

Other than that, most important thing is the face texture.

My loadorder

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm
FalloutNVCSS_ForRCG.esm
More Perks.esm
More Perks for Companions.esm
More Traits.esm
NevadaSkies.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
RustTownV1Master.esm
UWHNV-Core.esm
Advanced Recon Tech.esm
T6M Equipment Replacer NV.esm
CFWNV.esm
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.esm
Shogo_Heavy_Industries.esm
WMVM.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Primary Needs HUD.esm
MeleeHotkey.esm
Lings.esm
MikotoBeauty.esm
NVR-Strip.esm
T6M NPC NV.esm
NVWillow.esp
Daughters of Ares.esp
NPC Project.esm
New Vegas Redesigned II.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
Momod.esm
Monster Wars.esm
IWS-Core.esm
SomeguySeries.esm
Sexout.esm
SexoutCommonResources.esm
SexoutPregnancyV3.esm
SexoutSlavery.esm
SexoutOffSpring.esm
SexoutLegion.esm
SexoutStore.esm
SexoutSlavers2.esm
SexoutSoliciting.esm
SexoutDrugging.esm
msexBase.esm
msexTopsOffice.esm
OFT_Merge_All.esm
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm
Clean-Deluxe FNV.esm
YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp
GRA WRP Compatibility Patch.esp
Performance Of The Gods.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
RagdollOverhaulULTIMATE.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
R.A.C.E. Station.esp
Daughters of Ares - Lings Patch.esp
Daughters of Ares - CouriersStash.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
SmallerTalk.esp
FPSWeaponWheel.esp
RustTownAdditions3.esp
UWHNV-Addon-DLC.esp
UWHNV-Addon-GRA.esp
UWHNV-Addon-FollowerHome.esp
Monster Mod Wasteland Edition.esp
AWOP-MoMod.esp
AWOPMonsterPatch.esp
AWOP - Balance and Cleanup.esp
AWOPDeadMoney.esp
AWOPDeadMoneyVendorPatch.esp
AWOP Interior Music.esp
Monster Wars - Colossus Plugin.esp
Monster Wars - Behemoth Rampage.esp
Monster Wars - Behemoth Respawn Plugin.esp
Goodsprings Reborn.esp
Novac Reborn.esp
Primm Reborn.esp
NVR-Version_10.esp
50sFFFLVJOD-Freeside.esp
NVR-NPCs.esp
LevelersHouse.esp
FalloutNVCheatTerminal.esp
Wasteland Defense.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp
More Perks Update.esp
More Perks for Companions Update.esp
More Traits Update.esp
MikotoBeauty.esp
1CazyTestEsp.esp
DeepSpiritualEyes-NV.esp
LingsPrettyThings.esp
MoonShadowRace.esp
MoonShadowDolls.esp
ARESproject.esp
Bouncing Natural Breasts.esp
NPC Project - Freeside.esp
NPC Project - 188 Trading Post.esp
NVR- Recommended.esp
New Vegas redesigned- Honest Hearts.esp
MojaveDelight.esp
MojaveDelighted.esp
pipboy2500_edisleado.esp
PipBoyLight.esp
pipboyx6.esp
Advanced Recon Armor.esp
Advanced Recon Armor-Stealth With Drawn Weapon.esp
Advanced Recon Gear.esp
Advanced Recon Tech.esp
Advanced Recon Gear - Project Nevada.esp
Advanced Recon Desert Ranger Helmet.esp
NVRefugee Outfits.esp
NCRTrooperOverhaul.esp
Neckchains.esp
T6M Lingerie NV.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
SCS - CombatArmour.esp
AradiaKatoArmor.esp
1nivVSLArmors.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
WMX-POPMerged.esp
WMX-DLCMerged.esp
WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp
WMX-EVE-AllDLCMerged.esp
Project Nevada - WMX.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-AllInOne.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-GRA.esp
MNK-RHINOgaussRevolver.esp
CFW-DLC.esp
shogo_heavy_industries_amends.esp
bzArmour.esp
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Honest.Hearts.Grunt.Patch.esp
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Leveled.Lists.esp
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Store.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
NewVegasBountiesII.esp
delilah.esp
AsukaOtomED-E.esp
Cass and Veronica.esp
JIP Companions Command & Control.esp
IWS-Core-Guards.esp
IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
SexoutDamagedOutfitSwapping.esp
SexoutSex.esp
SexoutLust.esp
Sexout-Wear-And-Tear.esp
SexoutCompanions.esp
SexoutCheckMeOut.esp
SexoutSexAssault.esp
SexoutSpunk.esp
SexoutSound.esp
SexoutZAZ.esp
SexoutBreeder.esp
SexoutBangatron.esp
SexoutWorkingGirl.esp
SexoutPlayerSlave.esp
msexVeronica.esp
msexFort.esp
msexCourtesan.esp
SexoutFadeToBlack.esp
Clean-Deluxe FNV Merge - AWOP + ILO.esp
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp
NevadaSkies - Ultimate DLC Edition.esp
FONV_merge_patch.esp
Zan_AutoPurge_SmartAgro_NV.esp

Total active plugins: 185
Total plugins: 278

Yap I  use both Lings and Mikoto

I remember I find Lings data from somewhere not Nexus , u can try google

And I use Moonshadow Dolls Race this->  http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/46509/?

Not Original Moonshadow Race

I'd recommend learning enough about the GECK to make your own face preset. The in-game facial tweak menus are very limited in what they're capable of. You have a lot more customizability through greater range and significantly more slider options in the GECK's facial manipulation menus.

Other than that, most important thing is the face texture.

Now if only there was the NV/FO3 equivalent of Racemenu or ECE... the character creation menu still look crap.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to be a dick, but I kinda don't like using other people's characters. It sorta doesn't feel like my character (well, that's a dumb statement, it isn't my character...). There are some pretty well done ones in Nexus, though.

Mojave Delight looks kinda cartoony, IMO. Bombshell reminds me of Betty Boop for some reason.

:dodgy:   Maybe you should try making custom eye textures, skin textures, and presets.  You'd probably have a better appreciation of what it entails.  You can't be picky if you don't know how to do anything, dude.  Take what you can get or learn to mod.  *sheesh*

I have no problem learning to mod. I've been trying stuff out for the last couple of weeks. There's no need for that sort of response, I'm just trying to make things the best I can for myself, and I think the number of downloads and endorsements in everything that was suggested speaks for it's quality.

Guest endgameaddiction

It's not easy, I will say that. I spent two years tweaking my first preset when I began doing my own unique races. The key is to be patient when you are doing a face. Usually you may be content how it is, but in time you'll always continue to improve it. Find any and all resources you can that you find fitting to your taste and experiment.

As far as Moonshadow goes, there's hardly much for options with textures. Unless you texture yourself.

I began just like others, I used cosmetic overhauls to give off a better experience and just did the best I could with a vanilla preset. It got to the point where I wanted my character to be exclusively unique. I wanted to learn and figure out how to make my character stand out from the rest without having to share the same textures. I'll never stop shaking my head why Bethesda was so lazy when they did this. They never gave diversity and much character structure to the presets or the NPCs in the game. On a good side, I learned how to operate the GECK thanks to some tutorials and my own experimenting.

I think in the end regardless how bad or well Bethesda does faces. I'm bound to just alter all the faces in game simply to have it the way I want.

The upside about New Vegas is, you don't have to take the extra steps when creating a preset like in Fallout 3 with the whole child to adult scenario. You can just go straight to making a preset without adding extra work in FNVEdit.

Face mods like Mojave delight and moonshadow are good, used them a lot in the past, but for this play through I'm going for a more "realistic look", something that would fit in with the NPC's from FNV Redesigned 3. Nuskas presets on Nexus have decent textures. The presets in the mod are a bit too "manly" or aggressive looking for a female so I've just been playing around with it GECK (still learning how to use it). Combined with an ENB (using apocalypse ENB), I don't think I will ever go back to the cartoonish face mods. 

Here's the character I'm fiddling around with now. I just find it really hard to work with the eyebrows as you either have crazy eyes or massive forehead..

2014-08-31_00008_zps5619140b.jpg

2014-08-31_00009_zps11c03fde.jpg

2014-08-31_00007_zps5c710385.jpg

2014-08-31_00004_zps28b27539.jpg

2014-08-31_00005_zpsc70afcc9.jpg

2014-08-31_00001_zps25bb231a.jpg

As for HUD, go to Nexus and search for "iHUD" "oHUD" "Immersive HUD". Theres a cool one by Gopher which lets you adjust everything including the brackets, HUD layout and which parts you want to show...etc.

Also just a side question, does iSquall on DeviantArt make his characters in GECK? They are amazing..... Are they downloadable races? I could only find download for that blue chick from mass effect.

The hairstyle you choose can definitely help with the foreheads. Also, a little GECK tip, don't be afraid to push those sliders to ridiculousness. It doesn't automatically mean you'll create She-Hulk. Although, some pencils of her actually made her pretty hot...

My very first attempt at a face preset using only vanilla resources.

It took me about half an hour to do this. Clearly it's not very good, but the goal was mostly to learn how to use GECK. I'll probably work on this a little more, and then I'll move on to editing a modded preset. I finally got Moonshadow to work, thanks to endgameaddiction  (thank you!).

By the way, is there dynamic lightning for FaceGen? That would be killer.

1.05 - Fixed the nose. Tweaked mouth (which is being a pain).

1.10 - Done with this one. I can only make it worse at this point. Added the .esp just in case.

post-519899-0-91690000-1409876488_thumb.png

post-519899-0-87319800-1409876495_thumb.png

post-519899-0-50723500-1409876501_thumb.png

post-519899-0-01839000-1409876507_thumb.png

post-519899-0-41637300-1409877987_thumb.png

post-519899-0-55224200-1409878861_thumb.png

VanillaFemaleCustomPreset.esp

Guest endgameaddiction

No, but if you have ENB and the d3d9.dll from ENB binary installed it can give you that effect. The downside of having the d3d9.dll is that it will take longer to load GECK and it's not good to use when using the render window because it likes to lag when expanding the render window to get a larger look. it also likes to re-enable when you add or move objects in the render window which can be annoying. You can use the shift + F12 keys to enable and disable it like in game.

Rereading my comment, I'll just say that I'm unsure about the light effect from a mod. I haven't ever noticed any. I could be wrong on that.

About the face.

In time you'll get better. Everything takes practice and patience. It's definitely not easy, but you will eventually make a face you like. A tip would be to do this.

When ever you tweak a face, rename the FormID and create it as a new ID.That way if you tweak a face and accidently save it, you can delete that FormID and go back to a previous work. When you are satisfied with what you have, you can (if you like) delete the unnecessary FormIDs you don't plan to use. It's not necessary but it reduces the size of your plugin if that is something that matters, which can to a point where the game has to load all the content from the plugin. Usually that isn't a big deal unless it's a really heavy mod.

Edit: Another thing too about the d3d9.dll

Back around the 0.190 ENB Binary It had a bug. It caused GECK to instally CTD when I opened it. I brought it up here a long time ago and later found out that it was due to the d3d9.dll. So incase you do have a d3d9.dll in the future from an update and get that, it's more than likely because of that d3d9.dll

GECK has been forgiving and surprisingly stable today. Dynamic lightning is nice, but not worth the risk.

I appreciate the tip; redundancy matters. Yeah, she didn't turn out great, but she looks kinda like a person and different than the all the other Fallout models which, to me, is already pretty great.

Dealing with the mouth though, is damned hard. The upper lip always stays at this weird sharp angle. I'll have to play with it some more.

Oh, and I just saw your Anita post. Are F3 and NV presets not interchangeable?

Guest endgameaddiction

They are. FO3Edit and FNVEdit makes wonders.

Also FaceGen Exchange to FO3Edit, FaceGen Exchanger, Face Ripper (FNV) work well some what. Sometimes they don't like to port the hex values (Face Asymmetric/Geometry) correctly. And for that, I found that porting over the plugin from one game to the other using FOMM's Tessnip will work 100%

The only problem I have with Anita is her lips. I don't really like how the lips are in the vanilla texture because it makes the lips all weird formed. Many Faces does help with her face. I also tried dk female face textures by erm... what's his name?  oh right, deathknowz.

The Fallout 3 version I took screenshots with ENB and Many Face textures. The FNV version has the vanilla textures on in the screenshot.

Your profile page is weird as hell, but damn, you've got some skills with character modeling.

Anyway, I don't like to use ENBs and I run vanilla textures with NV because bigger ones would put me below 60fps, with the amount of custom content that I have.

Archived