Fallout NV furry races?

Don't know if there are more, but I only remember seeing this one because it was posted about a week ago. I haven't tried it, but it looks scary because the esp file is actually named "foxrace.esp.esp".

(a custom text link isn't working) www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/56603/?

Don't know if there are more, but I only remember seeing this one because it was posted about a week ago. I haven't tried it, but it looks scary because the esp file is actually named "foxrace.esp.esp".

Saw it already, made this thread in hopes of finding more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

For those that think a furry race is lore breaking...you have giant geckos, radroaches, giant radscorpions and a whole bunch of other huge radioactive beasts...a mutated human/animal hybrid fits in perfectly.

I am also looking for anthro mods, but more-so to replace a faction since it'd get kinda lonely being the only one.

Guest endgameaddiction

I doubt anyone here on LL is going to criticize on none lore when just about everything here is not lore-friendly. This isn't Nexus.

• 4 weeks later...

For those that think a furry race is lore breaking...you have giant geckos, radroaches, giant radscorpions and a whole bunch of other huge radioactive beasts...a mutated human/animal hybrid fits in perfectly.

First-time poster here, thought I should add my thoughts.

Lore-wise, there is a precedent for adding anthropomorphic races to the Fallout universe, if only because of cut content. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/S%27Lanter

Long-story short, FEV was tested on animals with various effects and a race of mutated, intelligent raccoons were among them. A vault dedicated to further research of altered humans/animals would not be out-of-place if a race like the S'Lanter were one such product.

Either way- I hope the mod goes somewhere.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I made that fix, and yeah I screwed up in the esp.esp thing just rename it and delete 1 .esp and it should be fine. Dunno why but the problem was the custom mouth and i think upper/lower custom jaw that caused a whole bunch of crashes. The fix was mainly reverting it to it's default "human" mouth.nif and jaw.nif ((upper and lower))

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all. The female version is nearly done, but I may need some help from anyone who knows about body part placement, or EGMs for this matter. The original ears of the old fox mod are being used here as placements.The new meshes are rather finicky ATM. PM If interested in lending a hand, or can point to some good tutorial resources.

A couple of Screenshots displaying current issues with the models:

2015_09_14_00001.jpg

2015_09_14_00005.jpg

2015_09_14_00006.jpg

2015_09_14_00003.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hey all. The female version is nearly done, but I may need some help from anyone who knows about body part placement, or EGMs for this matter. The original ears of the old fox mod are being used here as placements.The new meshes are rather finicky ATM. PM If interested in lending a hand, or can point to some good tutorial resources.

2015_09_14_00001.jpg

2015_09_14_00005.jpg

2015_09_14_00006.jpg

2015_09_14_00003.jpg

Got a release date for testers? :3

• 3 weeks later...

2015_09_14_00001.jpg

2015_09_14_00005.jpg

2015_09_14_00006.jpg

2015_09_14_00003.jpg

Woah, that is such an amazing looking race mod, it's like the actual game's mesh and texture quality, no, wait, better than that.

I would really love to help you with this project, but alas, I have no experence with 3D modeling, I have tried importing meshes into gamebryo based games before, and it never worked. but as I have loads of free time on my hands (I've only just left college and am taking it easy for a while), I would be more than happy to try if someone can point me in the direction of a tutoral (preferably for newcomers).

2015_09_14_00001.jpg

2015_09_14_00005.jpg

2015_09_14_00006.jpg

2015_09_14_00003.jpg

Woah, that is such an amazing looking race mod, it's like the actual game's mesh and texture quality, no, wait, better than that.

I would really love to help you with this project, but alas, I have no experence with 3D modeling, I have tried importing meshes into gamebryo based games before, and it never worked. but as I have loads of free time on my hands (I've only just left college and am taking it easy for a while), I would be more than happy to try if someone can point me in the direction of a tutoral (preferably for newcomers).

Thanks, a friend helped me out a lot with the textures! If you noticed the date on the post it's a been a while, and a lot of progress was made. Just about all of the above issues were solved, and I plan on giving out a test version of the female race within the next few days possibly. If you plan on making your own race do message me. If you can sculpt decently in Blender (or any other 3d program) it's not as hard as it seems. The biggest hurdle was getting the facial morphs to work in-game. @_@

2015_09_14_00001.jpg

2015_09_14_00005.jpg

2015_09_14_00006.jpg

2015_09_14_00003.jpg

Thanks, a friend helped me out a lot with the textures! If you noticed the date on the post it's a been a while, and a lot of progress was made. Just about all of the above issues were solved, and I plan on giving out a test version of the female race within the next few days possibly. If you plan on making your own race do message me. If you can sculpt decently in Blender (or any other 3d program) it's not as hard as it seems. The biggest hurdle was getting the facial morphs to work in-game. @_@

Okay, I thought that the project was on halt because of the post date, I'm glad to hear that the project is going relatively smoothly though.

Thank you so much for the offer, but I wouldn't want to burden you with my idiocy. :3

I've tried to install the Nif plugin for blender, but since I have a x64 system, I couldn't install the version of blender that is compatible with the plugin. I really want to use Studio 3D max though.

I would love to make my own custom race at one point, but as you said, the facial morphs and Tri files are the biggest pain of them all.

Haha, I was complete dummy myself when I first took on this project They're not a lot of good tutorials out there, and numerous pitfalls to prevent your assets from working in-game.

Not sure if you know, but this version of Blender comes with all the scripts installed. http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/12248/?

And this is absolutely essential if you want to generate your own custom TRI to sculpt: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/9360/?

They may be from the Oblivion forums, but it functions all the same.

Haha, I was complete dummy myself when I first took on this project They're not a lot of good tutorials out there, and numerous pitfalls to prevent your assets from working in-game.

Not sure if you know, but this version of Blender comes with all the scripts installed. http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/12248/?

And this is absolutely essential if you want to generate your own custom TRI to sculpt: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/9360/?

I've looked all over for a good modeling and texturing tutorial, but I haven't be able to understand any of them, maybe I should get the basics of whatever program I'm using first. I've been messing around with 3DS max 2013 (used to be the only version with a nif plugin), and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Thank you so much for the links, I'll defiantly take a look at them, now I wonder, will these also work with Skyrim, as it doesn't use the Gamebryo engine like the others (Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout3, Fallout NV), as I've always preferred the freedom of Racemenu in Skyrim. 

I've looked all over for a good modeling and texturing tutorial, but I haven't be able to understand any of them, maybe I should get the basics of whatever program I'm using first. I've been messing around with 3DS max 2013 (used to be the only version with a nif plugin), and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Thank you so much for the links, I'll defiantly take a look at them, now I wonder, will these also work with Skyrim, as it doesn't use the Gamebryo engine like the others (Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout3, Fallout NV), as I've always preferred the freedom of Racemenu in Skyrim. 

If you're use to 3ds max you could just export your assets as obj files, then import them into Blender. Truthfully I've never done anything with Skyrim. I believe meshes and morphs work the same however. =/

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...