[Outdated] Lovers Night Arena

post-15081-13597873007759_thumb.jpg

Just started playing around with this mod by OreTueee and couldn't find a translated version of the .esp so made one myself.

Lovers_NA_trans.esp

Here it is if people are interested. I think it's good fun, a mini-game. It needs to use the archaic version of the loversPK .esp provided with the full mod, so I just swap that in for a bit of Arena action and then swap it out when I want to play with the full LoversPK suite. If I develop it at all I'll try and update it to work with the latest Lovers .esp.

The translation isn't always literal (that would look odd) and I would be grateful if anyone would point out any howlers as I am still a beginner at Japanese.

post-15081-13597873008385_thumb.jpg

post-15081-13597873008571_thumb.jpg

Link to original mod

http://www.4shared.com/archive/o7j-zMGJ/...arena.html

@Gregathit

I do! I do! But I'm so lousy at fighting that I spend most of my time jogging round the arena frantically casting "heal minor wounds" while being pursued by an overendowed harpy who is constantly comparing me unfavourably to a mudcrab.

When eventually I've worn her out I end up knocking her down in a couple of blows and her armour stays intact. There is a real art to getting her armour off without knocking her down, and I haven't worked it out yet - nearly all my fights are win or die and my poor manager (Garahad) is very disappointed.

What am I doing wrong?

PS "A sword I made...." how come? The rules say you can only use the weapons provided and they disqualify you even if they break or you're disarmed. Were you cheating!?

I don't think so. You need the meshes and textures that come with this one. Unless you have a very old (1.2) .esm you don't need the extra stuff, just the Lovers_NA.esp and the lovers with PK.esp in this but it is ancient and all the recent stuff needs the latest .esp, so like I said, I swap this one in just for games where I am going to have a bit of fun in the arena.

http://www.4shared.com/archive/o7j-zMGJ/lovers_nightarena.html

Good. But it's doesn't working for me. As a Japan version. All NA not working on my Lovers :(

Maybe you can upload you version?

RCM' date=' he posted a link in post 5. :s

[/quote']

It is this version does not work. I'm usually reading all posts and then, and if I can not find an answer i'm post a question.

@RCM

Hmm. Could be a number of reasons why it doesn't work. This is what I do.

1) Take the Japanese version from that link (you have already done that)

There are some requirements mentioned in the ReadMe:

Break Undies Framework - you need this for lovers anyway. The readme says 1.01, but 2.0 seems to work, just damn difficult to achieve.

Lovers with PK esm. I take it you have this.

HGEC bodies or you get weird textures

Ren's beauty pack, or the npcs are bald.

OBSE-Elys-Universal Silent Voice or text will fly past

MaleBodyReplacerV4 which is standard for Lovers anyway

If you want to fight smaller people, x117 is required.

If you've got these essentials, then

2) I copy the mesh and texture data into my data folder (I take it you have already done).

3) I rename my "lovers with PK.esp" to "lovers with PKx.esp" in my data directory or something similar and uncheck it in wrye bash.

in the folder loversSettingesm無い人用/LoversPoseRemake/esmへの変換前 that comes with the download

is a lovers with PK.esp that is only 71k. I copy this into my data folder.

4) In WryeBash I check that my load order is

Lovers with PK.esm (the latest)

BreakUndies.esm

lovers with PK.esp (the antique one)

Lovers_NA.esp (my translated version)

LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp

And all works reasonably well. If you don't use the old Lovers with PK.esp things can't happen, (the combatant never revives for a start), as the NA esp calls functionality that no longer exists in the same way.

(I corrected a couple of Hair loss problems in my version (due to the fact that hair folder structure had changed and the original esp no longer looks in the right place). If you get bald npcs just check the path under the Character-Hair menu of the CK.)

Perhaps I should clarify a couple of things that aren't made plain in the game:

1) to initiate the "victory celebrations" you "activate" the Npc by hitting space bar when she has got up and is standing there looking shell-shocked. (As you would to talk to her).

2) if you want to hurry proceedings along a bit you can hit the left-Alt button to progress things once they are underway.

Hopefully the ingame dialogue tells you anything else, but by all means ask away if you have any other questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Night arena isn't working for me' date=' everytime i beat an opponent they just die, i can't activate them and i get stuck in the arena... Am i missing a mod or something?

[/quote']

The main reason for npcs not reviving is that the relevant bit of script in the old esp is not in the current esp - that is why you have to go through the tedious process of swapping them just to play in the arena.

If you have done everything that I do in the post #11 and it still doesn't work, then could I recommend a clean save (uncheck the mod, play the normal game maybe wait around for at least three days) and then try it again. This might clear out any memory that could be harbouring the wrong data.

If your npcs still don't revive then I suggest that you ferret around in the construction kit and try and work out what is going on. If you work out how to fix it, please could you post the reason for the bug and solution here.

Note: You can still kill the loser if you want, and it can be quite spectacular. I've done it by accident, (not intentionally, since where I come from, killing people who are wholly at your mercy is a pretty disgusting thing to do).

• 2 months later...

PS "A sword I made...." how come? The rules say you can only use the weapons provided and they disqualify you even if they break or you're disarmed. Were you cheating!?

last I checked the arena only restricted your choice of armor not weapon

We were joking around on that Sammy. :P

• 1 month later...

Is there any intention on updating this to work with the newer revs of Lovers with PK? I would offer my help' date=' but some of the stuff in the CS still bumfuddles me. Any good tutorials on it (besides the wiki for it) would be a great help.

[/quote']

This is a dead mod at this point. Lovers club cats is a mini-version of this and has been more recently updated. However it too looks to have become abandoned.

There are a ton of tut's on the CS.

You can start right here: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php/Main_Page

There are many more out there and you likely can find some of them in this section of lovers lab: http://www.loverslab.com/Forum-Tutorials-Guides--33

Cheers :)

Greg

• 1 month later...

love the mod how ever i cant win. i'm using god mode does that do anything? i'm just using lovers rapes so help would be appreciated.

What do you mean when you say you can't win? You can't defeat the opponents? Also, lovers rapers (if that's the plugin you are talking about) is not needed in this mod.

In order to win you first have to defeat the opponent. Once you do, she'll ge up and be panting (she won't attack). Trying to talk to her will result in you raping her. Keep doing this until you are satisfied. When you are finished, attack her again to kill her. Then head out and talk to the guy for your reward. Remember that you have to wear the night arena armors and weapons and them only or else you'll get disqualified. There's nothing else to it.

Just as Mad God stated with one little exception: When you are done raping your oponnnent you can just leave - you don't have to kill them.

As to why you are not working: You probably didn't read this thread. This plugin is not compatible with lovers with pk version 91. You have to use an older version to make it work. Other than that we can only guess since you have not provided enough information for us to help you (like your load order and lovers version).