[WIP] Whips 'N' Chains: Kinky Torture Furniture (ALPHA!)

WhippinGirl

This is propably among the more promising mods on loverslab now.

I absolutely love it, and I hope you continue when you find the time.

Thank you :D

FNIS for users has no warnings at all - everything is normal after your last release. And everything else works, just not the spikes.

Look in Data\Meshes\actors\character\animations\WhipsNChains\Furniture and make sure that WNC_impaledprone.hkx is in that folder ..... just in case it somehow didn't get copied. If it's there, try putting it in the parent folder ("WhipsNChains") and see if that fixes it.

Failing all of that, can you open it in the creation kit to see if it gives you any warnings or errors? I know it will say something about a missing normal map, and it will say something about a cosine power causing problems on PS3, and it may have an assertion about BSLightingShaderProperty.cpp, and some Navmesh not having a parent space, and a few others from vanilla (some MinUse doors and autoload doors). Let me know if you see any others that don't have to do with doors.

Look in Data\Meshes\actors\character\animations\WhipsNChains\Furniture and make sure that WNC_impaledprone.hkx is in that folder ..... just in case it somehow didn't get copied. If it's there, try putting it in the parent folder ("WhipsNChains") and see if that fixes it.

Failing all of that, can you open it in the creation kit to see if it gives you any warnings or errors? I know it will say something about a missing normal map, and it will say something about a cosine power causing problems on PS3, and it may have an assertion about BSLightingShaderProperty.cpp, and some Navmesh not having a parent space, and a few others from vanilla (some MinUse doors and autoload doors). Let me know if you see any others that don't have to do with doors.

WNC_impaledprone.hkx was in the Furniture directory. I pasted a copy into /WhipsNChains and the spikes do not work. (I can't move that file out of Furniture and into WhipsNChains because FNIS  of course warns about the missing behavior file.)

Concerning CK errors, the only one unlike the ones you listed was "Models: Furniture marker properties mismatch in wncWoodenHorse".

(Edited to include quote.)

WNC_impaledprone.hkx was in the Furniture directory. I pasted a copy into /WhipsNChains and the spikes do not work. (I can't move that file out of Furniture and into WhipsNChains because FNIS  of course warns about the missing behavior file.)

Concerning CK errors, the only one unlike the ones you listed was "Models: Furniture marker properties mismatch in wncWoodenHorse".

(Edited to include quote.)

What version of skyrim are you running? To find out, go to your game folder and right-click on TESV.exe and click Properties and then Details. I don't THINK it should make any difference, but it might.

One other thing. Try disabling all other mods just for troubleshooting. The mod doesn't need Sexlab or anything else. Just Skyrim.esm and Update.esm. See if it works with just those.

Other than that, I'm honestly at a loss as to why that one animation doesn't work but all the others do.

What version of skyrim are you running? To find out, go to your game folder and right-click on TESV.exe and click Properties and then Details. I don't THINK it should make any difference, but it might.

One other thing. Try disabling all other mods just for troubleshooting. The mod doesn't need Sexlab or anything else. Just Skyrim.esm and Update.esm. See if it works with just those.

Other than that, I'm honestly at a loss as to why that one animation doesn't work but all the others do.

1.9.32.0. I disabled all mods but spikes still don't work while all the others do. As it is right now my game is about as close to vanilla as I can get it without touching fundamentals like fnis or skse. There must be a problem with the animation and/or object itself. This may be a stupid question, or a mildly insulting one :P , but ... everything works fine for you while you're actually using this stuff in-game?

1.9.32.0. I disabled all mods but spikes still don't work while all the others do. As it is right now my game is about as close to vanilla as I can get it without touching fundamentals like fnis or skse. There must be a problem with the animation and/or object itself. This may be a stupid question, or a mildly insulting one :P , but ... everything works fine for you while you're actually using this stuff in-game?

post-503927-0-33632000-1407162765_thumb.jpg

Are you starting a new game when you test? I've had that be a problem before, when I test something and it doesn't want to work no matter what I do, I realize that I've been using the same test save. So I start a new one and it suddenly starts working.

I assume newest FNIS? Any other programs running in the background? Custom skeletons installed?

I double-checked my export settings and re-exported the animation. I've attached it. Replace the other HKX with this one and see if it works. This is the ANIMATION file, not the behavior file. It should go in Meshes\actors\character\animations\WhipsNChains\Furniture.

new anim.zip

attachicon.gifFullShot.jpg

Are you starting a new game when you test? I've had that be a problem before, when I test something and it doesn't want to work no matter what I do, I realize that I've been using the same test save. So I start a new one and it suddenly starts working.

I assume newest FNIS? Any other programs running in the background? Custom skeletons installed?

I double-checked my export settings and re-exported the animation. I've attached it. Replace the other HKX with this one and see if it works. This is the ANIMATION file, not the behavior file. It should go in Meshes\actors\character\animations\WhipsNChains\Furniture.

attachicon.gifnew anim.zip

Everything I have, such as fnis, is up-to-date and I have no problems with animations in any other mod, or the other animations in your mod. I've tested on new saves and old. I have switched back and forth between cells, tried save/reload, save/quit/reload. This morning after disabling every mod I went ahead and rolled a new female Breton. I've used the vanilla skeleton and xpms. With BBP and w/out. CBBE and vanilla (and UNP and sevenbase) bodies. I even tried moving the spikes away from the walls and ceiling in case they were cramping the scene and somehow blocking the animation (silly I know, but while I was in the CK I just did it anyway). Although I don't know anything about animations I have a good working knowledge of tinkering around with stuff and fixing problems at the user level. Unless someone comes forward to say the spikes are working for them I have to conclude that the problem is with the animation itself. But I'm happy to be your lab rat, just let me know what you want me to do. :)

attachicon.gifFullShot.jpg

attachicon.gifnew anim.zip

Everything I have, such as fnis, is up-to-date and I have no problems with animations in any other mod, or the other animations in your mod. I've tested on new saves and old. I have switched back and forth between cells, tried save/reload, save/quit/reload. This morning after disabling every mod I went ahead and rolled a new female Breton. I've used the vanilla skeleton and xpms. With BBP and w/out. CBBE and vanilla (and UNP and sevenbase) bodies. I even tried moving the spikes away from the walls and ceiling in case they were cramping the scene and somehow blocking the animation (silly I know, but while I was in the CK I just did it anyway). Although I don't know anything about animations I have a good working knowledge of tinkering around with stuff and fixing problems at the user level. Unless someone comes forward to say the spikes are working for them I have to conclude that the problem is with the animation itself. But I'm happy to be your lab rat, just let me know what you want me to do. :)

Did you try the new animation that I posted? It's the "new anim.zip" file. If it's the animation file, then that should do it.

If that doesn't work, then maybe I will just do the animation over again from scratch. It wasn't too terribly difficult.

Did you try the new animation that I posted? It's the "new anim.zip" file. If it's the animation file, then that should do it.

If that doesn't work, then maybe I will just do the animation over again from scratch. It wasn't too terribly difficult.

Yes, I tried the new anim - I probably should have mentioned that. :D

Yes, I tried the new anim - I probably should have mentioned that. :D

Sorry for the long delay. School is starting in a couple of weeks and I'm trying to shuffle work hours around to accommodate.

Bear with me, here. I know this is a little long, but I need to make sure something didn't get switched around somehow.

Try this first, because it's less work: Go to your FNIS directory where you have the FNIS tool that you run and run the modder version and pick the text file Data\Meshes\actors\character\animations\WhipsNChains\FNIS_WhipsNChains_List.txt. When it's done, exit and run the regular FNIS program for users.

If you get an error or warning, especially from the modder version, let me know and don't bother with the rest of this yet. If you don't get any warnings or errors, and it doesn't work, try the following:

Go into the creation kit and open the mod. Go to Gameplay->Animations. Collapse the "chicken" branch at the top and go down to the ninth one, called Actors\Character\Behaviors\0_Master.hkx and expand it.

Drill down to ActionActivate->ActivateRootChar->wncFurnitureAnims. Highlight that one (you might get some warning about capitalization) and look at the conditions. There should be three of them: "(S)isChild != 1", "(T)hasKeyword 'wncFurniture' == 1", and "(S)isFurnitureTypeAnimation 'Sit' == 1". Some of them say "NONE" in the middle part. Ignore that.

Highlight wncImpaled and check that one. It should have "(T)hasKeyword 'wncFurnitureImpalingSpike' == 1".

Expand wncFurnitureAnims and check the three child nodes. The first one should have "(S)isEnteringInteractionQuick == 1". The second should have "(S)getSitting == 2" and "(S)isEnteringInteractionQuick == 0". The last one should have "(S)getSitting >= 3" and "(S)getSitting <= 4". Each of these three should have an animation event in the drop-down box at the top. None of the others should.

If it makes it any easier, you can compare it to one of the other furniture graphs, like the crucifixion graph. They should be similar. The only exception would be the keyword "wncFurnitureImpalingSpike" would be replaced with "wncFurnitureCross" or whatever the furniture is, and the animation events.

Close the animations window after you've noted any differences, and in the object window go to WorldObjects->Furniture. Highlight that one and type "wnc" without the quotes in the filter box at the top left of the window. In the right pane, double-click wncImpalingSpike. It needs to have the keywords FurnitureSpecial, RaceToScale, wncFurniture, and wncFurnitureImpalingSpike.

Let me know if any of that is different. I hate to get this complicated, but I'm out of other ideas.

Don't worry about it , it was a small error . You haven't added the defined impaled animations in CK , it means they are defined but the animations are not selected from the list of animations  ,  they work fine when done  .

Just Make sure you add the animations in the animations tab , they were missing  so I added them and tried it out with my own esp

post-8713-0-10165800-1407387425_thumb.jpgpost-8713-0-42360400-1407387429_thumb.jpg

Cheers and keep up the good work

NP, and gratz on your 1st mod!  :)

LOL Thank you! I think I might take a break for a while and actually PLAY the game.......

We all say that...

I think the last time I played my game seriously and not just testing mods was a year ago! *checks her savegames* yups! First anniversary of my last playthrough becoming an orphan will be in exactly 2 days XD

Your first mod is actually a useful one? Very nice. Too bad I didn't have a similar depth of knowledge when I released my first mod.

Gratz.

Thank you!

I should probably admit to cheating.........  I practiced for a while first. I have several of my own mods that I use privately to customize the game to my liking. I don't think any of those would be worth releasing though. Maybe one or two, but they would need a LOT of polish and probably a lot of fixing, too.

Your first mod is actually a useful one? Very nice. Too bad I didn't have a similar depth of knowledge when I released my first mod.

Gratz.

Thank you!

I should probably admit to cheating......... I practiced for a while first. I have several of my own mods that I use privately to customize the game to my liking. I don't think any of those would be worth releasing though. Maybe one or two, but they would need a LOT of polish and probably a lot of fixing, too.

That's not cheating, it's patience; a majority of modders set out with the determination that they will release whatever is their finished product.
  • 2 weeks later...

I love the fucking machine - but what about using it for pleasure rather than torture? It would be good if this could be tied into the SexLab satisfaction measure - the existing location outside Whiterun could be used but have a host and some slaves to operate the machinery. Handgrips rather than manacles, etc. Might be easier to animate the entrance - perhaps use the get into bed one? Have some throws and a pillow on the table and a step to gain access.

• 5 months later...

I use MO to install this & it doesn't work. All of the test girls are standing still, I send my char there to trigger the raping machine, now she's stuck standing still. Yes, I ran FNIS before I start the game.

So, this must be an MO issue, isn't it?

I honestly don't know - I don't use Mod Organiser. Does FNIS recognise the behaviour file for Whips 'n' Chains? Somewhere in the log when you run FNIS, you should see something similar to

Reading WhipsNChains V0.0.1  ( 8 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 alternate animations) ...

Do you see that? If not, then the behaviour file isn't getting read.  If you don't see that, look in your Skyrim folder under "Data/Meshes/actors/character/behaviors" and see if you find "FNIS_WhipsNChains_Behavior.hkx".

If it's not there, then MO didn't put it in.  Open the zip folder and move it there manually, then run FNIS again.  You also might check to make sure the animations are getting installed.  Several .hkx files should be in "Data/Meshes/actors/character/animations/WhipsNChains/".  You should also see "FNIS_WhipsNChains_List.txt" in that folder. Again, if they aren't, open the zip file and put them in manually, then run FNIS again.

Hope that helps!  If not, see if there are any errors in your FNIS log.

Archived