Creating Mods, Advice and Help needed

What i want to do is add player home that works with Skyrim Slavery System Framwork. I was hoping that this  house could be the home of the slavers guild and be a place where nobles can buy and sell slaves. I would like to add a quest line for you to revive the dead guild and become it's guild master.  I have did some of the walk though that bethesda has for  CK dungeon creation. Out side of that i don't know how to do much else and not sure what i need for this project. so any advice and help you can give would be great.

Look at the individual elements that you need to create and what you will need to do to make them. Here are some things you will need to create and what you will need to know to create them:

1- The House: You will need to learn to create/edit the navmesh so npc's can move around properly in it. The navmesh generator in the CK is ok but usually has a number of mistakes. You will also need to figure out things like the weapon racks and bookshelves, they are not drag and drop items.

2- NPC's: Most parts of npc creation are not difficult but the AI packages that control them can be confusing. Most of the time simple sandbox and sleep packages are all you need but you will need to create custom ones especially with scenes.

3- Quests: There are a number of things to learn for quests: Dialogue, Scenes, Aliases and Scripting.

--- Dialogue: Keep the dialogue organized or you will get lost when trying to link it all together.

--- Scenes: You will need to know how to create AI packages as these control what the actors do.

--- Aliases: These will identify the actors and other things in scenes and be used in scripting in some cases.

--- Scripting: You will need to know this since the quests are controlled by scripts, from advancing the stages to displaying and completing objectives as well as doing most interaction between the actors and the world. Take learning this step by step with the tutorials and look at other peoples scripts.

4- How the Skyrim Slavery System works: You will probably have to have a working knowledge of this to make your mod and it work together.

Archived