Bondage Escape Game -- Lia's Rebellion

Aelie

Hey, great games, but I'm stuck towards the end:

I am completely unbound and possess the white star key. I have found the Diamond Key, Heart Key, Club Key, and Joker Key. I have tried everything I could think of to get the keys to interact with the cabinet, but to no avail. Am I missing something (like, a Spade Key or a special command to unlock the cabinet)?

Hey, great games, but I'm stuck towards the end:

I am completely unbound and possess the white star key. I have found the Diamond Key, Heart Key, Club Key, and Joker Key. I have tried everything I could think of to get the keys to interact with the cabinet, but to no avail. Am I missing something (like, a Spade Key or a special command to unlock the cabinet)?

There is indeed a spade key hidden somewhere in the room as well. The cabinet will only open if you possess all of them. Search and move everything.

Ok, here my review:

The story is great, with a bondage reluctant/consensual theme which only one true bondage fan can do, and which I love!

The immersion follows the same high quality of the written texts by urbansniper.

The bondage focus is very well done, for those who enjoy it is impossible not to get aroused.

There is also some good jokes and funny actions.

My biggest complaint: The sadistic difficulty. In my opinion is a overly difficult game, I took several hours to "brute force" when stuck (I refused to ask for help twice). This may be debatable (for those who completed easily: "you have my admiration" and for those who got extremely frustrated: "you are not alone"), but I base my opinion on the desynchronized hints, which does not combine with the step you are. For example:

In the hint : "try to [Move]ing your arms" there is no the update after you move -> arms, which induced me to think it was not so simple and made me test every possible combination of Move and Remove, when the answer was "Open somedrawer".

Seems the hint only updates every 2 or 3 successful actions, which inevitably leads to error, frustrates even more a stuck player and has the opposite effect it should.

Another example:
In the hint: "You will find a key in the something", is the most useless hint which does not help (and hinders) the next very hard step "Remove cuffs with Feet".

There are other examples but the idea is the same.

Overall it's a great game, thanks for the work and I hope for future new stories! :heart:

Seems the hint only updates every 2 or 3 successful actions, which inevitably leads to error, frustrates even more a stuck player and has the opposite effect it should.

Another example:

There is a trade off here.  in the first game i was, in a lot of places, duplicating entire stages to change one little thing on the map and change 1 or 2 out of 100+ actions.  the hints also changed every single time.   this was a lot of repetition and on the other hand i felt like the hint counter reset too often.

in this second one i added new tech which let me change the map on the fly without changing to an entirely new stage and also undo a lot of the repetition of the code in the first game.  this meant that the hints sometimes went a few actions without changing (i tried to compensate with the hints but i wasnt always successful.  its hard to tell where people will get stuck when you already know all the answers!)

i debated adding in a third level of hint that would just straight up tell you the answer.  i ended up not doing this but maybe i should have?

Please, I didn't want to sound pissed or ungrateful. I really enjoyed it otherwise would not have come to the end.
I really mean it when I said thank you for your work. So to answer your question:

There is a trade off here.  in the first game i was, in a lot of places, duplicating entire stages to change one little thing on the map and change 1 or 2 out of 100+ actions.  the hints also changed every single time.   this was a lot of repetition and on the other hand i felt like the hint counter reset too often.

I liked it more how it was before. Just because the hint count reset too often doesn't mean I'll use it every time. In the first game I used the hints about 3 times and I was glad it was exactly what I needed (no try-every-possible-combination needed).

(its hard to tell where people will get stuck when you already know all the answers!)

I think there is some common sense here, things like "examine newly discovered items" are obvious (yet there are hints about this), things like "removing things (which is a combination of two items) even more with old already forgotten item or things that you have started with and now, because your change your situation or something, you can do something that previously not, are very difficult (yet there are cases that there is no hint about it).

i debated adding in a third level of hint that would just straight up tell you the answer.  i ended up not doing this but maybe i should have?

Sorry but the tips explicitness are already completely inconsistent. Sometimes the master tip is "do something different", others "use this, this and that in order to Open this" Wtf?
Again, the problem is not the explicitness, the problem is the tip to be totally unrelated to your current step.

And that is it! Again I thank you for sharing your great work and for your attention.

And that is it! Again I thank you for sharing your great work and for your attention.

I changed some of the hints around.  now they should give you at least one 'part' of the final solution (verb object object) so you can narrow your search a bit

As challenging as I found the games, I enjoyed them. I even went as far as to go to the original website and play them in their original language...continuously copy-pasting into a translator to get the general gist of what was going on. Text-based games still hold value, even in the era of high end graphics, because it's kind of hard to beat...well...your imagination.

Loved this one, tried to get all the endings but for some reason I cannot get the first one, gonna try later again to get it.

BTW, did you translate the game from TripleQ yourself? If so, you should definitely translate more of those, I love it all, nice challenging puzzles ^^ If not, where did you get it? 

Loved this one, tried to get all the endings but for some reason I cannot get the first one, gonna try later again to get it.

BTW, did you translate the game from TripleQ yourself? If so, you should definitely translate more of those, I love it all, nice challenging puzzles ^^ If not, where did you get it? 

First one requires you to screw up before removing the first piece of bondage gear; if you know how to do that, then you know what you need to move in order to get the bad ending. If not...

...move the rug before removing the blindfold.

The Lia games were the idea of Aelie, with a couple of endings being written by myself on the 2nd one. The TripleQ games were the inspiration, but Lia's stories are all original.  They do however use the same engine (with a bit of modification), namely the You DID it! engine found here: https://gitorious.org/you-did-it/pages/Home

Oh, of course, that I didn't think of that o.O Getting that ending was quite easy after all. XD

I know it is Aelie's own creation, the thing I wondered about, is that I played the Escape 03 game on Aelie's page which was made by TripleQ and I wondered where Aelie got it from. ^^

Ugh. Pokey pokey pokey hint pokey hint pokey pokey pokey hint hint hint ... Been at this an age and I've got all four suit keys, removed everything except the belt and got a hint that I'll need to use the wire cutters, bolt cutters and crowbar to "solve the crate inside the cabinet" ... but I can't get INTO the cabinet because I haven't got the yellow square key!

Edit: Ah, right. By madly clicking every pixel on the map I got another item on the items list and found that key. Onward ...

Archived