Aradia Living Armor (Jellyfish Edition) 4/23/2015

View File

Materials granted by Aradia:

http://www.loverslab...lingerie-armor/

The parts of this mod are developed by several authors and compiled in a single installer. While I'am keeping all this updated and tested, it's recommended to follow their official pages to get most from them - requests, questions, tips and etc:

• t3h0th3r: official post - author and manager of the conversion for Unified UNP for BodySlide

Description:

This is a rework and conversion of original "Aradia Living Armour". The idea was to implement a refraction effect, so armor would look like a jellyfish in the end. Supported bodies:

Screenshots:

jellyfish1.jpg jellyfish2.jpg jellyfish3.jpg

Requirements:

Installation:

• Download and run 7z archive in the chosen Mod Manager
  • Select the body type you use
  • Read requirements and place them BEFORE this mod in a priority list
  • Activate "Aradia Living Armor - Jellyfish Edition" in your Mod Manager

Uninstallation:

• Remove "Aradia Living Armor - Jellyfish Edition" from the Mod Manager

How to get your armor:

• Craft it, if you know how to find Ruined Books; or
  • Type "help aradia" in console and find ID which corresponds to the armor. Then type player.getitem XXXXXXXX 1, where XXXXXXX if the armor ID in the game.

Known Bugs and Caveats:

• In some cases with the UNP BCPB you may experience seams at the hands. That is known issue and require a lot of time to be fixed.
  • Refraction in Skyrim is very whimsical. You may experience invisible parts of the refracted objects in combination with a water and fire effects.
  • While it's not notable - refraction effect is achieved at the cost of performance. It at least doubles the number of the armor triangles (two armor models are rendering at the same time). In addition it adds two shaders (one per armor model) - the first one is responsible for the half transparent effect, and another for the refraction effect.

Working on:

• Gathering tools and preparing for making a 7b conversion

Change Log:

• 4/23/2015 1.2
    - A nice BodySlide presets for "Unified UNP" by t3h0th3r
    - t3h0th3r added a "NoHide Keyword" for the Devious Devices. Now it should not hide devices because of armor transparency
    - UNP BCPB package should come with UNP BCPB body now
    - FOMOD support for easier installation wizard. It is highly recommended to use Skyrim Mod Organizer
  • 7/29/2014 1.1
    - UNP Skinny conversion with a "Weight" slider support
    - A few armor visual glitches were fixed
  • 7/27/2014 1.0
    - Initial Upload

Credits and Permissions:

- authorship, ownership and all credits are going to Aradia. Please send your permission requests directly to Aradia

- many thanks to Jexsam for retexture

- t3h0th3r for his "Unified UNP" BodySlide presets

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/27/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    UNP Skinny or BodySlide with "Unified UNP" support (included in v2.4 or higher)
  • Special Edition Compatible

is this retexture ? 

or it has other tweak ???

Yes, this is a tweaked version:

1. Mesh objects were duplicated - one per transparency effect and another one for the refraction effect.
  2. The textures were taken from Hermaeus Mora Caress and got an alpha channel modified in order to support textured transparency (ex. visible tentacle suckers)
  3. One of the NiTriShape objects were separated into a several pieces in order to support 3DSMax Export

4. ... and of course conversion to UNP BCPB

My kingdom for a CBBE convert, sigh...

That is damn problematic. I got almost no hair on head trying to make CBBE conversion in BodySlide 2. I believe that should be easier with the UNP Skinny -> CBBE, once skinny version ready for release.

Is it always a "living" armor ? I dont see it's moving.

does armor moving while wearing it be cool tho

Forget my question, I was sure living armor was an animated armor.

Just a dream... :(

Not a dream at all in fact. It seems animated armor era begun already and people are making more and more that kind of stuff. Personally I am interested in this as well, so I contacted recently with one of the pioneers, who is also developing a special tools to speedup the process! http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27356-rel-animated-gauntlet-prototype/

Just have to learn whole workflow myself, that would definitely take a time.

can you make it for cbbe??????

Yes I am looking into this too. Just have to find extra time.

does armor moving while wearing it be cool tho

Forget my question, I was sure living armor was an animated armor.

Just a dream... :(

Not a dream at all in fact. It seems animated armor era begun already and people are making more and more that kind of stuff. Personally I am interested in this as well, so I contacted recently with one of the pioneers, who is also developing a special tools to speedup the process! http://www.loverslab.com/topic/27356-rel-animated-gauntlet-prototype/

Just have to learn whole workflow myself, that would definitely take a time.

can you make it for cbbe??????

Yes I am looking into this too. Just have to find extra time.

cant wait for cbbe to come out ;s

There's a CBBE version of Aradia here, but when I try to combine the transparent textures with the CBBE mesh in BodySlide, nothing's transparent. Any ideas? Because in between this and the PSQ mod, we could get a really cool succubus model. Think less "eye-catching but out of place anime succubus" and more "Sanguine and Boethiah had a baby, Mora was the godfather and the result will rip your soul from your living flesh, if it feels like a post-coital snack."

Can you convert this to the HDT body?

Hello Raziel,

I am quite confused with HDT bodies. Please could you link me the sources on that stuff?

I got two requests (UNPB and CBBE) which I want to start working on as soon as possible. Are those two somehow different from the HDT versions?

There's a CBBE version of Aradia here, but when I try to combine the transparent textures with the CBBE mesh in BodySlide, nothing's transparent. Any ideas? Because in between this and the PSQ mod, we could get a really cool succubus model. Think less "eye-catching but out of place anime succubus" and more "Sanguine and Boethiah had a baby, Mora was the godfather and the result will rip your soul from your living flesh, if it feels like a post-coital snack."

Hmm. I would suggest to morph armor in the BodySlide and then to tweak transparency and refraction in the NifScope. Both effects require a copy of the mesh (please check the jellyfish edition).

PS. Recently I found it is still possible to apply EffectShader in the Creation Kit. Hopefully that is another way of transparency+refraction on the same mesh without duplicating the meshes.

• 3 weeks later...

I play nekkid. (My character is naked too.) Sometimes a too-tough fight will come along and some armor is appreciated. This instantly became my "go-to" armor of choice for those tough fights.

I heartily agree with those who've asked for an animated version. I have no idea what would be involved or even it is realistically possible, but it would be seriously, seriously cool.

A question though: I visited the original Japanese modder's page and there was a screen shot of tentacle sex featuring this armor. There was no description. Is that a function of the armor, or was that screenie using a different mod? If it was a different mod, do you know mod it is? 

• 3 weeks later...