Aradia Living Armor (Jellyfish Edition) 4/23/2015

Update, now contains UUNP Special body otption for clean version.

Aradia Living Armor - Jellyfish Edition - UUNP HDT&Special 1.1.1.7z

Requires:

•  original Mod, just don't select the UUNP option, install this instead
  • XPMSE2 (for HDT options)
  • Bodyslide 2.7c

The tentacles that go "in" are not yet weighted for the special version, but i still intend to do that :)

Changelog:

1.1.1 - Fixed filestructure in archive so MO doesn't spazz out

1.1 - Added Special body option, filescructure/naming cleanup

1.0 - initial version included in main download

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The breasts are like micro, how do you fix that?

defo needs an UNPB version, preferably TBBP/HDT enabled :D

//edit: Tried to do this in bodyslide,  but it seems both bodies  that mod is using seem to be missing from the Unified UNP Project or at least i haven't found a corresponding match...

//edit2: there seems to be a considerable offset on the Y and Z axis compared to other UNP-based Bodies, you wouldn't per chance know the exact values?

//edit3: seemed to be the old CBBE vs Vanilla offset, not an issue with your meshes, but the references i was using.

luckily, Outfit Studio has the exact value, so fixing that turned out to be easier than first expected.

If you've converted this to UNPB, would you share?  Please?  :)

• 4 weeks later...

I am sorry folks for the very long silence. It would be even longer if not t3h0th3r for his BodySlide presets. It's still the UNP family but is good addition I believe. Enjoy.

Armor animation is quite tricky part. I already contacted Anton (the armors animation pioneer) for more details, now I have to find a good time for learning. As well as there is no time yet for CBBE and etc. conversions... Will see what happen next.

c.

those who are dense (like me) the actual UUNP Bodyslide is included in the main file.

atm im in the process of creating an UUNP Special (with animated 3D private parts) and an (optional) esp that adds SexLabNoStrip keyword.

if you find clipping let me know (you're more than welcome to post fixed slider data aswell).

• 1 month later...

Will the 7b version also be modified?

Hi L4pserdak,

There is actually 7b version exists of original Aradia Living Armor which converted by another author. I am thinking to port this and make the part of the Jellyfish Edition. Though did not contact with the author yet - it seems the time to do it now. Will come back with the news soon.

c.

I know this was developed by several authors, but I feel compelled to point out that each piece on this armor consists of around 13-26k vertices EACH! That's an UNGODLY amount of unnecessary detail that will do nothing but drag down your RAM and murder your processor...

This mesh is in need of some SERIOUS revision!

Guest David Oliveira

How to manufacture it ?
I have the books and nothing, not in the normal forging nor in atronach .
Thank you in advance for your help

I know this was developed by several authors, but I feel compelled to point out that each piece on this armor consists of around 13-26k vertices EACH! That's an UNGODLY amount of unnecessary detail that will do nothing but drag down your RAM and murder your processor...

The high poly mesh is still the original by Aradia (afaik). For the transparency effect it is required to duplicate the meshes, for which there was an andvisory:

Known Bugs and Caveats:
  • While it's not notable - refraction effect is achieved at the cost of performance. It at least doubles the number of the armor triangles (two armor models are rendering at the same time). In addition it adds two shaders (one per armor model) - the first one is responsible for the half transparent effect, and another for the refraction effect.

So there's 3 possible solutions for that:

1. don't use the armor if your rig can't handle it
  2. upgrade your rig so it can handle it
  3. make a low poly version of mesh (be advised that this will still needed to be duplicated).

If you provide a low poly revision of the meshes, i'm fairly certain this could be added to the archive as an option.

How to manufacture it ?

Under daedric, requires 5 ruined books and one deadra heart. If you happen to have those, but it doesn't work:

There are 2 versions of the ruined book only one of those works to craft the armor so far.

The high poly mesh is still the original by Aradia (afaik). For the transparency effect it is required to duplicate the meshes, for which there was an andvisory:

Known Bugs and Caveats:
  • While it's not notable - refraction effect is achieved at the cost of performance. It at least doubles the number of the armor triangles (two armor models are rendering at the same time). In addition it adds two shaders (one per armor model) - the first one is responsible for the half transparent effect, and another for the refraction effect.

So there's 3 possible solutions for that:

1. don't use the armor if your rig can't handle it
  2. upgrade your rig so it can handle it
  3. make a low poly version of mesh (be advised that this will still needed to be duplicated).

If you provide a low poly revision of the meshes, i'm fairly certain this could be added to the archive as an option.

How to manufacture it ?

Under daedric, requires 5 ruined books and one deadra heart. If you happen to have those, but it doesn't work:

There are 2 versions of the ruined book only one of those works to craft the armor so far.

Generating refraction does not excuse the poly count. That still means that the meshes are at the very least 6k+ vertices for each piece, of which they cover less than 5% of the body each. Transparency is not the issue here - the mesh is still stupidly high poly for such a small mesh part.

Guest David Oliveira
I tried both versions of the books .
Even put a Daedric armor and nothing .  :-/
You can do a walkthrough or tutorial.
I liked the look of the armor .  :)

Other than animation, it would also be great to work similar to Devious Devise. You either have to free yourself or embrace it for armor/magic/health bonus. Maybe it's too much to ask. :) Great work already anyway.

If you have Deviously Cursed Loot and Devious Devices Integration you can get the armour as a cursed item, its and option to use the integration mod with cursed loot, and its not pretty, nasty vampire like side effects included, think its either a quest to get rid of it or find the keys, neither of which are easy to do/find.

Other than animation, it would also be great to work similar to Devious Devise. You either have to free yourself or embrace it for armor/magic/health bonus. Maybe it's too much to ask. :) Great work already anyway.

If you have Deviously Cursed Loot and Devious Devices Integration you can get the armour as a cursed item, its and option to use the integration mod with cursed loot, and its not pretty, nasty vampire like side effects included, think its either a quest to get rid of it or find the keys, neither of which are easy to do/find.

I've been trying to sort out if all this, the textures and meshes, could be used with DD, specifically Aradia Devious. It should, I think, be a simple matter of folders and file names, but you never know...

Anyone got some insight for me? I'm not much of a fan of the original texture. The pink tentacle thing is just kinda boring.

Man, it'd be really cool to have an animated version compatible with DD! Pretty pleae?!

• 2 weeks later...

I have DDI, but DCL is conflicting with one of other mods and I don't know how to solve. Every time I start Skyrim with DCL it would immediately CTD before main screen.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

attachicon.gifAradia Living Armor - Jellyfish Edition - UUNP HDT&Special 1.1.1.7z

Requires:

• Bodyslide 2.7c

The tentacles that go "in" are not yet weighted for the special version, but i still intend to do that :)

Changelog:

The zip file is broken. =w=

• 4 months later...

attachicon.gifAradia Living Armor - Jellyfish Edition - UUNP HDT&Special 1.1.1.7z

Requires:

• Bodyslide 2.7c

Changelog:

Question:

I wish to use Hermaus Mora's Caress retexture of Aradia Living Armor, but with this version that has a supplied UUNP. When I tried direct texture replacement, I believe the mesh modifications for refraction is still in place (in what should be solid colors, it looks shiny?). What is it in nifskope that I should change in the meshes? Thanks for the effort!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...