Attempting the possible - Sexout for Fallout 3

vpig

This is wonderful news' date=' great job! To answer some of your questions, whichever ones I can..

- SCR does provide the actual items for the strapon and stuff, but the models/textures come from other downloads. You could probably pull just those records (the armor records) out into a new ESM for FO3, and as long as you have the .nif files to go with them, they should work fine.

- There's a bunch of code in the NV sexout.esm to decide if the NPCs or player are supposed to get redressed after sex, all controlled through MCM. The default setting is to have the player redress automatically only after consensual sex, but not after rape. If that's not working, it could be that the default value (SexoutNG.iPlayerBody) is not set right, or it could be that there are additional timing issues in FO3 that aren't in FONV. You're getting far enough along though that I can probably spare the time in the next week or so to look at the ESM and see if I can fix it for you.

- I can't speak for others, but I have absolutely no problem with you releasing and maintaining SexoutNG for FO3 yourself. I have enough work to do in the NV edition. :) To be honest I don't even care if you credit me or not, but my work is based on UDLRs original Sexout ESM, so you should at least credit him unless he says otherwise. It may be wise to give the mod as a whole (not the ESM, just the official 'name') a unique name, like SexoutF3 or something, so people don't get confused between Sexout, SexoutNG, and "SexoutNG for FO3" -- at least not any more than they already are.[/quote']

No problems here if you want to Clone SCR into FO3, theres a heap of pregnncy junk you could trim out for now or just turn off the quests it should all have the prefix "SexoutSP"

Thanks Holstrom and Prideslayer.

Last night I added a strapon to one of the dumpster containers, then went an retrieved it. Having the strapon in my posession opened up new dialog options and the anims that go with them. So it appears that SexoutSex is fully functional.:D

It also added some dialog that does nothing, however. "Your mouth my pussy", etc. don't do anything. There appeared to be an opportunity for a threesome with Nova and Bill Creel, but I wasn't sure how to make that happen, but the dialog options were there. That's when these non-working options appeared.

Trivial matters. I'll check the dialog conditions and see what's up.

Going to look into Legion and see how the "approach" stuff is done. Maybe it can be adapted, instead of Rapers. Going to be a fun day, I think.:rolleyes:

Edit: Oh yeah, I noticed an inconsistency with references to the strapon, in the SexoutSex dialogs. Don't know if there are any issues, but I noticed the strapon is referred to both as "SexoutStrapon" and "SexoutStraponDildo". The sex initiating dialogs and the after sex dialogs disagree on what term to use. I changed everything to "SexoutStraponDildo" and FO3Edit was happy.

Thanks again.

Now' date=' my question is, are Fallout NV Sexout and Fallout 3 Sexout going to trip over each other if both are used in conjunction with Requiem for a Capitol Wasteland?

[/quote']

Contrary to the normal system, I think whichever one is FIRST in the load order will win. I believe the game engine, like the geck, will add a bunch of DUPLICATE0000 to crap from the 2nd one loaded and thus none of it will get used.

Of course if he just keeps it named Sexout.esm, it will not be possible to load both at once.

People should only use SexoutNG even with requiem, since it's an NV mod, not an FO3 mod.

Feel free to yank anything out of the Tryout mods you want to. There's also scripting inside Legion's dialog options for when the Legion takes the player and female companions as slaves that might be of interest to you.

The Tryouts now use Sexout's built-in scanner. You can probably get a good raper result by' date=' instead of launching dialog and using a walk AI package, set the AI package to always run and the script to trigger sex instead of dialog. A good way to trigger sex instead of dialog can be found in SexoutWorkingGirl.esp.

Main problem with doing a Tryout-type mod in Fallout 3? Only three settlements have any amount of people in them. Hell, the biggest settlement is a completely hostile raider base.

With a little bit of writing, and making Talon mercs and raiders not always hostile all the damn time, they might have potential. Also Vault 87.

As for places with dialog, I'd say you're looking at Underworld and Paradise Falls. A freelance prostitution system where you can fuck anyone anywhere also makes a lot of sense for Fallout 3 than compared to NV.

[/quote']

Thanks Loogie. You identified the real difference between Sexout for Fallout 3 and Sexout for New Vegas. Because of the lack of lore hooks, Fallout 3 requires a more freelance approach to sex in the wasteland.

Yes, there are some possibilities for some story weaving but a more general application would be pretty good too. And it fits with the fact that Fallout 3 isn't the future, in the way that NV is. It is limited, so adding a very good sex mod to it is one thing, but expending too many resources on it is not necessarily what I'm suggesting.

This thing keeps expanding, so it's difficult to predict where it might go. Maybe the Sexout.esm file, Common Resources, maybe a general wasteland sex plugin that brings together FO3 factions, NPC's, DLC, with Legion's slave, approach, and rape functions. If possible, fold prostitution into it. Add a vendor or two.

If someone wanted to add further, lore-friendly content to it, they would have a pretty good base to start from.

That would be a pretty good mod for FO3. Don't know about conflicts with other mods, though.

BTW, I kept all of the file names the same as in SexoutNG.:)

Thanks again.

Edit: Oh yeah' date=' I noticed an inconsistency with references to the strapon, in the SexoutSex dialogs. Don't know if there are any issues, but I noticed the strapon is referred to both as "SexoutStrapon" and "SexoutStraponDildo". The sex initiating dialogs and the after sex dialogs disagree on what term to use. I changed everything to "SexoutStraponDildo" and FO3Edit was happy.

Thanks again.[/quote']

One of those Strapons is Marrisa's Wrath, which was meant as a quest item only available in Tryouts.

A little development.

I made an adjustment to SexoutSex. There are dialogs that initiate sex and "after sex" dialogs, some of which suggest "returning the favor". But there is no natural transition for doing so. You have to re-initiate dialog.

So I added three new topics to the After Sex dialog. These are only for FvF Oral options. One topic continues from FvFOralA (where player is receiving) and then runs the script from OralB, where player is giving. The other continues from FvFOralB and so on. The third topic politely declines.

Now, when the random after sex dialog suggests returning the favor, there is a smooth transition to said act.:)

Thanks again.

Edit: Oh yeah' date=' I noticed an inconsistency with references to the strapon, in the SexoutSex dialogs. Don't know if there are any issues, but I noticed the strapon is referred to both as "SexoutStrapon" and "SexoutStraponDildo". The sex initiating dialogs and the after sex dialogs disagree on what term to use. I changed everything to "SexoutStraponDildo" and FO3Edit was happy.

Thanks again.[/quote']

One of those Strapons is Marrisa's Wrath, which was meant as a quest item only available in Tryouts.

Oh, I can change that, then. Yes, it was Marissa's Wrath.

Also figured out later that the non-working dialog options that showed up were part of the threesome setup. And I misread one of the messages.:rolleyes:

Thanks again.

Just a quick update. Not a lot to report.

Fixed the Strapon reference. SexoutSex working great. There could be some additional "return the favor" dialog. Haven't added them yet, though.

Working with SexoutLegion. Trying to get some sort of "approach" function working. So far, no luck.

I've disbaled all quests except "Legion" and "LegionLV" (could [probably disable LegionLV).

Went over the scripts and reworked them. Replaced Legion factions with Megaton factions. Reworked "fort" dialogs to create one rape scenario. Deleted all unused quest dialogs.

Checked all conditions in scripts. But nothing happens. Any idea where I might look?

So, slow progress right now.:-/

Thanks again.

Thanks Dragonzo.:)

Since I wasn't having muck luck getting Legion to work, I went back to Rapers. Decided to recreate the SexoutRapersBirds. Brought the NVRaven nifs and textures into FO3, assigned them to the RapersMarker Raven, dropped the Ravens into the wilderness and assigned the Hunter packages.

I realize that this is not a solution that can be distributed, since I've mixed original content. But I Just wanted to see if I could get it working. It feels like I'm getting close, but...

Now the RapersQuest script won't compile. It doesn't like "player", as in "ListAddForm SexoutRapersListCompanions player", etc. I can't understand why it doesn't know what "player" represents.

Seems like a simple fix- maybe another script that makes the reference? I'm stumped. I think if I can get past this, Rapers may work. Anyone have any ideas about the source of this error?

Thanks again.

Thanks Mashi. No, PlayerRef doesn't work. I was able to get around (hopefully) some of the "player" problems by borrowing something from the SexoutTest script.

I added "ref self", then "set self to player" and that satisfied all of the conditions except for the "ListAddForm" commands.

For example, "ListAddForm SexoutRapersListStalkerScan player" The specific error is: "Invalid object "player" for parameter form".

I thought "playerRef" would fix it also, but not so. Seems like a silly problem.:rolleyes:

Edit: Well, it seems the extra code I added from SexoutTest weren't necessary. THe only lines that are giving me trouble are two List commands(?).

"ListAddForm SexoutRapersListStalkerScan player"

"ListRemoveForm SexoutRapersListStalkerScan player"

I checked GECK syntax and everything looks proper. ListAddForm, then list ID, and the form. It doesn't like "player" being used as an object form here.

Anyway, just more clues.:)

Thanks again.

OK, Rapers is working with two exceptions.

Had to disable the two commands above, that allowed the player to be scanned for rape. So, the player is immune to rape at this time.

Also, wherever there's a sex act going on, there's a bigass raven right in the middle of it, or pecking around the periphery.:D:D

Is there a way to make them invisible?

Just need a workaround for those two commands. Could the problem be related to the fact that this is a quest script?

Oh, and I did notice some of the same bugs I've seen in NV. Bodies being dragged across the ground, etc. But overall, it's working well.:)

Thanks again.

Well, time for a progress report. Sorry for the length of this post. Trying to describe these issues gets pretty wordy.:s

Finally figured out a workaround for the "player" issue. Not sure but it appears that FOSE is more strict wrt syntax within a quest script.

The original block looks like this:

if stalkSelf && 0 == player.IsInList SexoutListBannedActor && 0 == player.IsInList SexoutRapersListBannedActor

ListAddForm SexoutRapersListStalkerScan player

elseif stalkSelf == 0 && player.IsInList SexoutRapersListStalkerScan

ListRemoveForm SexoutRapersListStalkerScan player

endif

Mashi, I think you were on the right track by suggesting playerRef. Turns out that FOSE doesn't seem to like the "player" being designated as an object, which I think the ListAddForm command requires (?). This may be related to the fact that this is a quest script. Not knowledegable enough to know why or if that may be the case.

FOSE seems to want to use a reference here. So this is what seems to work:

if stalkSelf && 0 == player.IsInList SexoutListBannedActor && 0 == player.IsInList SexoutRapersListBannedActor

player.ListAddReference SexoutRapersListStalkerScan

elseif stalkSelf == 0 && player.IsInList SexoutRapersListStalkerScan

;ListRemoveForm SexoutRapersListStalkerScan player

endif

Still have to keep the "remove" function disabled. This line still uses "player" as an object so, it won't compile as is. There is no "ListRemoveReference" command, so can't just do as in the first line.

So, afaik, the player reference stays in the list and cannot be removed by toggling player rape in the handbook.

Now the player can be raped too. This only affected non-combat rape. Combat rape worked even with the entire block disabled.

Haven't tested extensively, but I also got some 9.2 errors when fighting with a vicious dog near Megaton. On a different occasion, a Raider dog did rape the player character (the Raider too), so that part of creature rape was working. the 9.2 is probably related to the same problem that Prideslayer is addressing recently.

The game has been freezing now and then, and I noticed a slight increase since "fixing" the player rape line.

Some problems with missing/transparent bodies. Adjusted camera delay in the script and maybe a little better. Still happens though.

Once in a while, a glitch will happen where the player body is there, but the raper is not. Victim sound yes, raper sound no. When this happens the animation doesn't end. If I reset the player character, it works, but can't move afterward.

The birds are very visible. Sitting around Megaton, pecking and making Raven "humming sounds". I don't remember seeing any Ravens in NV, or hearing any raven sounds while rapes are happening. Checking NV Rapers, I can now see where the Ravens are placed in the world. Before, I wasn't sure that they were placed just like any other NPC or not, as I hadn't been able to locate them. Figured out how to view them (duh) so they are visible in the world. Don't know why they are not visible when tagging the victim, like mine are.

My raper birds attach themselves, visibly, to the victim. In fact, because I can see them, it allows for some possible diagnosis of problems.

The birds will usually be seen at the victim's feet. If the victim is walking, the raven hinders that- just like another NPC would do when in the way. Sometimes the raven will seem to drift, pulling the NPC with it.

Prideslayer, if you are here, this might be of some value to you. The biggest problem/fun spoiler is when the NPC bodies appear to stiffen up and be dragged along the ground, sometimes with some significant "spaghetti" effect. This happens way more than I'd like to see in Megaton.

Hope I'm not reinventing the wheel with some of these revelations. I haven't been able to go through every thread to see what others may have discovered. It appears that the stiff-dragging problem is related to a mesh(?) or something interfering with the body as it takes on the animation position.

If the body hits an object after knockdown, it will often go stiff, bounce around, get dragged along the ground and through the walls, then spaghetti effect. I think the raper birds may contribute to this occurrence. If the SexoutRapers (NV) birds are affecting the NPC's the same way mine seem to do, this may be the source of some of the problems with Rapers.

When the NPC is knocked down and the raper bird happens to be in such a position to interfere with the body as it assumes the animation, this could be why this problem happens so much with Rapers. Also, the "drifting" effect I saw with some of the birds, and the way it would drag the NPC with it before rape, may be related to the "dragging" problem.

So, I'm thinking that the raper birds were a very clever solution to a tricky problem (how to predesignate raper targets when they are a constant variable) but also may have introduced a problem with it- that the raven NPC's will sometimes interfere with the bodies.

So, here is where this project stands- Sexout is working as it should. SexoutSex is also working as it should. I did have one occurrence where the strapon would not unequip and there was no way to do it. Had to revert to an older save. That only happened once.

Rapers is working with these exceptions: Can't remove player from rape list. 9.2 error with some creatures (Viscious Dog only, so far). Ravens are visible and make noise. Player does not reDress after sex (minor). Freezes- this has increased a little since enabling player to be added to rapers scan list. May be related to the ravens somehow.

Still to be done- Add Sexout Handbook for basic configuration capability. Fix problems above. Fix Rape Weapon and Reset Gun so they work.

Thanks again.

For the record, you are always supposed to use PlayerREF, both in FO3 and FONV. We're all just extremely lazy since "player" does work in FONV; the GECK silently replaces it with playerREF for you during the script compile.

Like any other creature or NPC that is instantiated in the world (persistent ref) via the GECK, they do actually mean two different things.

Player is the base form, id 0x000007.

PlayerREF is the reference, id 0x000014.

(above IDs are for FONV, the actual values may be different in FO3).

Loogie, I checked the strapon dialogs and they all have a "1" after the equip command. It was probably a solar flare or something.:P Waiting to see if it happens again.

Prideslayer, thanks for the clarification. Base ID for player is also 00000007 in FO3. Can't confirm PlayerRef ID but probably the same. Thanks for that info.

Prideslayer, do you have any comment on the ravens and their potential effect on the bodies?

Thanks again.

Vpig' date=' if you want the strapon to remove correctly, get rid of those 1s. If you want to be a hero to the people, upload that file to the SexoutSex thread and anounce you've fixed the strapon not unequipping problem.

[/quote']

Loogie, I'll be glad to try to fix the strpon problem. There's one hitch. I'm not using Common Resources right now. I created the strapon armor inside the SexoutSex.esp.

Prideslayer's somewhat incredulous answer:D about the Rapers birds question made me realize that maybe there is a better way already in use. Well, duh, BrutalRapers seems to be the new direction, so it must be working better, without the birds.

OK, so I made a BrutalRapers plugin and then realized that I should probably also get Common Resources going, if possible.

SO- Once I get CommonResources working, I can test to see if the strapon unequips using Common Resources, instead of having it coded within SexoutSex. If it works, I'll test it with NV and if that works I'll upload it.

Right now, I'm trying to locate the data files for "Blindfold", "Ball Gag", Anal Plug", etc. Know where I can find them?

Thanks again.

OH this does bring up an interesting point for items that are not supposed to be removable. Currently there is no method to check if that flag is set on an item or not. That means if you take an item off in a script, you don't know which flag is *right* when you put it back on.

This is a "problem" in sexout because anything I take off when stripping the characters gets put back on with that flag set to 0, even if it was supposed to be 1.

Sounds like a job for NVSE.. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Prideslayer, I need some "forensics" help with Sexout/FO3 port. It's nice to see Sexout moving forward and taking full advantage of NVSE. However, since FOSE can't keep up with NVSE, I think a decision has to be made to fix Sexout-FO3 to a version that does not rely as heavily on NVSE. Right now, I'm using SexoutNG ver 3.52 and it is working pretty well with only a couple of issues.

I was able to fix the creature rape/9.2 issue by adding standard creature factions to the conditions, where applicable. The body redress issue was fixed with a plugin. When I convert to an .esm file, I'll incorporate the fix. The Rape Punch still doesn't work with this version, though.

Can you tell me what you did to fix the Rape Punch? Also, can you tell me what you did to remove support for Body By Race? I never had a problem with Body By Race and would like to get it working with this port. I've ported it to FO3 and it works fine, except for during sex. Then, the standard Sexout body is used. I don't have MCM (never will, it seems) or the Sexout handbook (yet), so can't configure bodies, etc.

Thanks for your help, Prideslayer.

Edit: Oops. Just saw the thread about Prideslayer not being around. Hope everything is OK, buddy. Whenever you have a chance; just want to try to wrap up the .esm file. Thanks again for all of your help.

I'm not sure what would be involved but would it be possible to cover the difference between FOSE and NVSE with a FOSE version of the "NVSE Extender" that's elsewhere on these forums? Or maybe ask the FOSE developers to update FOSE to NVSEs capabilities?

Sorry if this is a silly question.

No, not a silly question, especially after all of the flailing I've done on this thread.:rolleyes: I just don't know enough about FOSE/NVSE or even scripting to know if there is a viable path to extending FOSE. My understanding is that FOSE has been left behind, so we are pretty much stuck with what we have.

So far, FOSE has been able to handle almost everything in the SexoutNG scripts, with a few exceptions. But an MCM port to FO3 doen't seem likely; even the mod's author thinks FOSE couldn't do it.

So there are some built-in limitations. Accepting that, I'm happy with the functionality of this Sexout port. Getting the Sexout Handbook working and restoring Body By Race (as an option again) would be the final step. After that, it is ready to be downloaded, with Prideslayer's approval.:)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived