Attempting the possible - Sexout for Fallout 3

vpig

Guest carywinton

Honestly, with how cheap the NV ultimate edition is during Steam sales and all the improvements to NVSE, it's probably better for people to get their Sexout fix by running the content for both games in TTW.

How stable is TTW? And does it support most of the mods for Fallout 3?

TTW is probably more stable than FO3 out of the box. Also, no kidding: FOSE is now a few lightyears behind NVSE, which in turn is only recently catching up with OBSE, so I think it's best to focus on making sexout fully compatible with TTW than making a FO3 version of sexout, because I expect the sexout framework to become ever more dependent on NVSE 4+. By compatible, I mean things like species & race detection for FO3-only actors, not just for sexout's own functionalities, but also those of dependent mods like pregnancy etc.

I've been experimenting with using NVSE 4+ to handle that in what I'm working on but I don't have TTW installed myself - I'm working off the original FO3 esms - so if TTW changes things like FormIDs, DT abilities, factions or skeleton paths during the install, I could do with somebody checking a few things for me. ;)

Cool, my species filters run off NV-only stuff anyway for species whose skeletons overlap etc. It's only the Pitt & PointLookout races, and a few factions like Talon company etc for Hal's faction smell system, that I have to buildref, so that's where the formid question came in. :)

Guest carywinton

Ok, that sounds viable, I just was not ready to "connect" the two worlds, but it seems things have progressed to a point where this is now a better option. I have some personal favorites I use in FO3, just like anyone else, so I suppose if they are not altered by TTW, they should be fine, if not, well I could always rebuild them to be compliant, like most things we have to do anyway. The more advanced capabilities of the Gambebryo NV engine and as you motioned DoctaSax, NVSE 4 do seriously appeal to me, anything that can improve FO3's stability is a plus in my book, it's a damn crash happy Bastard as is, lol  As I have stated before, I am here to learn and assist in any way possible, I have far more time available than most, due to the nature of my businesses, they mostly run themselves with very little intervention from me, which is probably a very good thing.

Honestly, with how cheap the NV ultimate edition is during Steam sales and all the improvements to NVSE, it's probably better for people to get their Sexout fix by running the content for both games in TTW.

It's more stable than vanilla Fallout 3. As for the mods, they need converted first (their website has the process) and a few will need scripts recompiled. Omly really complicated ones like crewing the Zeta mothership don't work.

Guest carywinton

Ok Loogie thanks for the update, I will take another look at TTW and see about getting it going, I am glad to see the project has progressed so well, congratulation to you and the folks working on it.

• 8 months later...

So this mod forum seems to be dead since no one has posted anything here for some time, but FYI if you download the fallout3 sexout and install it using NMM then download and install both sexoutng core and data this works just fine (you have to uncheck sexout.esm and sexout slavery.esm before starting the game).  If you only install the data file i get no animations.

The last thing is disappearing male bodies.  I am still working out how to fix that.  if anyone should read this (super unlikely) and have a fix please let me know.  In my experience, the first time i installed it this problem didn't exist but after re-installing breeze male mod *poof* the body was gone

I am no computer programmer and haven't written code since DOS so I don't think I can help with the complicated stuff.  If I could do those things I'd do more like port some mods over.

• 2 weeks later...

Reviving this for a mere moment, Where exactly did you find the download, Ray? I've looked on this forum befoe but I havent' seen anything. Unless I'm blind, which is probably more than likely, since I skim alot.

I'd really like to see this mod conversion come to fruition. Mnot becuase I liek FO3 better. As a matter of Fact, I've never played FO NV, because my funds and computer are very lacking. Mostly my funds. Most of my FO3 and even my Oblivionsaves tend to be in TLB mode. Which ruins alot of thigns for me, but eh, Performance over graphics has it's costs.

Anyway, again, Mind pointing me in the right direction? I want to try this out for myself.

Reviving this for a mere moment, Where exactly did you find the download, Ray? I've looked on this forum befoe but I havent' seen anything. Unless I'm blind, which is probably more than likely, since I skim alot.

I'd really like to see this mod conversion come to fruition. Mnot becuase I liek FO3 better. As a matter of Fact, I've never played FO NV, because my funds and computer are very lacking. Mostly my funds. Most of my FO3 and even my Oblivionsaves tend to be in TLB mode. Which ruins alot of thigns for me, but eh, Performance over graphics has it's costs.

Anyway, again, Mind pointing me in the right direction? I want to try this out for myself.

I tried everything and my only solution was TTW, i have all sexout mods that i like running with FO3 and FONV rolled into one game, just takes both steam versions of the game and download TTW and with a little reading you can have the best of both with sexout, from time to time you can get the games at a discount but still at $20 each is not that bad.

• 1 year later...

Archived