Extreme framerate drop (2 fps!)

Pixie-K

Alright, so I've always had problems with the character creation menu, thanks to hair mods choking it up and causing sometimes CTDs. Rather recently though, when I adjust the weight slider my FPS will take a deep plunge to an unplayable rate. The slowness will persist until I click on a category with less sliders. Apparently once I adjust the weight, the sliders themselves will cause FPS drop. 

My system specs are as follows:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Processor: Intel Core2 Duo E6600 2.4ghz

Memory: 5GB DDR2 (2.75GB usable) <---WHAT?!

PLUS 4gb USB stick utilizing Windows ReadyBoost

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB

i had a similar issue when using racemenu with the charactermakingextender_plugin.dll for skse,

and then also using enhancedcharacteredit.esp along with charactermakingextender.esp....

this stuff isn't all cross-compatible, really is best you choose 1 showracemenu mod you like most ;)

I use showracemenu alternative mod, but this issue is happening on both initial character creation on new game, AND in the alternative mod's special room. It feels as though it has something to do with the number of adjustment sliders on screen at once. :(

like i said, i had the exact same problem when moving ece sliders in racemenu... i think it has to do with .tri files, or .ini files. or dll's...

using only racemenu.esp solved it for me... but then i don't need all the extra bone scaling sliders on the custom race i'm using...

hope this helps :blush:

Are your femalebody_0 and _1 of the same mod ? I know it sounds stupid but I had the same issues when I accidentally put a sevenbase _0 mesh with a UNPB _1 one... 

It could also come from a CPU blooper, as it could have issues hotswapping between the two bodies, do you have other problems in your game apart from this ? Like dialogues starting slowly, dragons appearing after a loooong time, doors taking a while to open ... 

@uktor

hmm...  I have RaceMenu.esp and RaceMenuPlugin.esp... it's been like SO long since I  began modding skyrim that I've lost track of what some things are.

@Redflyingmonkey

my bodies are all sorted out, I use bodychange so i've done a bit of fine-tuning there. No other problems present, load screens are good, doors are fine, and dragons are their derpy selves.

Haha, Bodychange, try updating it ! Are you using an elven race ? Or a custom race for that matter ? 

And I guess you already have the Precache Killer, so Imma not be "that guy" and tell you to get it, but I'm certain the problem lays with your CPU, your SKSE folder or your body meshes themselves, so if it persists and it makes the game absolutely unplayable for you, you may have to nuke some stuff and install it all over again  :s Concerning the CPU shortage, it is pretty unlikely since you don't have any other noticeable issue but this one. 

Try and post your load order, and tell us when this problem started as well as the mods you remember that don't have ESP, like loose .dll, .xml etc ... 

@uktor

hmm...  I have RaceMenu.esp and RaceMenuPlugin.esp... it's been like SO long since I  began modding skyrim that I've lost track of what some things are.

so cut the derp, i mean... if you don't know what a mod is doing in your load order... and theres something wrong with your game's performance, then maybe its time to take stock of whats being loaded...

i can almost garuantee that you're using some form of ECE / CME and Racemenu mixed, because thats what I used to do, until I broke my chargen settings and couldn't find my pretty toons face anymore...because of mixed esps, head nifs and tri files... and ini files with slider data...

derp is derp, use one mod of a type, not many of the same type...

trying doing that with monster AI and levelling and see how far you get!

Now that I think about it, this problem didn't happen until I upgraded from 4GB of RAM to 5GB. I removed one of my four 1GB sticks and replaced with a (known working) 2GB stick. My motherboard is good for it though, it can support up to four 2GB sticks totaling 8GB.  (stfu I'm a broke bitch, I know it's not that great lol)

Might just be a coincidence though, because I also upgraded my ZAZ animation pack and updated a couple sexlab mods that same day.

Here's my load order, for what it's worth. (don't judge me, we're all a little weird here)

Active Mod Files:

00  Skyrim.esm
01  Update.esm
02  Dawnguard.esm
03  HearthFires.esm
04  Dragonborn.esm
05  Falskaar.esm
06  RaceCompatibility.esm  [Version 1.60a]
07  ApachiiHair.esm
08  ApachiiHairFemales.esm
09  SexLab.esm  [Version 1.57]
0A  Devious Devices - Assets.esm  [Version 2.8.0]
0B  SexLabAroused.esm
0C  SPIKE.esm
0D  TERAArmors.esm
0E  ZaZAnimationPack.esm
0F  Devious Devices - Integration.esm
10  LevelersTower.esm
11  Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
12  AFT_NoFriendlySpellDamage.esp
13  BerserkerSword.esp
14  BlacktalonArmorV11UNP.esp
15  DD - Interactions.esp
16  SexLabStatsManipulator.esp
17  TS_SlickArmour.esp
18  Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
19  FNISspells.esp
1A  TERAArmors.esp
1B  SexLabDefeat.esp
1C  ImmersiveFP.esp
1D  Cazy Hairs-by zzjay.esp
1E  WATER DB.esp
1F  Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
20  Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
21  AsharaPrinceOfTheWoods.esp
22  TeraArmorCollection.esp
23  FF7 Bustersword.esp
24  Gatti14Yumiko.esp
25  Northgirl.esp
26  FalskaarDawnguard.esp
27  SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp
28  SexLab Submit.esp
29  MoreNastyCritters.esp
2A  RevampedExteriorFog.esp
2B  mslDeviousCaptures.esp
2C  RaceMenu.esp
++  PrisonerRagsForFemales.esp
2D  RaceMenuPlugin.esp
2E  SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp
2F  Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
30  DawnofWindhelm.esp
31  SeraphineHuntedArmor.esp
32  DeviouslyHelpless.esp
33  DTHWerewolfUnique.esp
34  SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
35  SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
36  SNPrettyMannequins.esp
37  SexLabArousedAnimations.esp
38  SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
39  ShowRaceMenuAlternative.esp
3A  Captured Dreams.esp
3B  Further Dark Dungeons for ENB.esp
3C  Cloaks.esp
3D  Devious Deviants.esp
3E  DawnofRiften.esp
3F  buildablehouse.esp
40  immersive wenches.esp
41  Kamille.esp
42  Amame_follower.esp
43  SexLab Romance.esp
44  Inigo.esp
45  HentaiCreatures.esp
46  Magic of the Magna-Ge.esp
47  Sit Anywhere.esp
48  SkyUI.esp
49  BodyChange.esp
4A  TERA Weapons.esp
4B  WhiterunAlivePiano.esp
4C  SexLabAnimalSex.esp
4D  Darklilith.esp
4E  Equipping Overhaul.esp
4F  LustmordVampireArmor.esp
50  dovahkiinrelax.esp
51  SexLabAnimalSexDawn.esp
52  SplashofRain.esp
53  StormWrathLightning.esp
54  Strap.esp
55  Supreme Storms.esp
56  Fh hairs-by zzjay.esp
57  Dibella's Beauty - NPC Overhaul.esp
58  AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
++  DovahBlingJewelry.esp
59  SuccubusRaceLite.esp
5A  TBSC_BodySuit_english.esp
5B  The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
5C  Unique Uniques.esp  [Version 1.5]
5D  WATER DG.esp
5E  WATER.esp
5F  Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp  [Version 2.4]
60  Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Do you have racemenu precache killers?

There's 2 versions, the original is it's own standalone skse plugin and another version that Expired built and released as an optional on his Racemenu page.

Make sure you've updated to the latest racemenu etc...

It could also just be bad memory configurations on the SKSE or SSME stuff.

My god, you have Apachii, you twisted perverted lady ! 

But I don't see anything that could be your problem. I just thought about something though, when you use the showracemenu is your character naked or dressed up ? If you go ²showracemenu while your body mesh is TBBP and the outfit you wear is not, I know the game kind of goes bonkers sometimes for me. Don't worry about your RAM, if that was the issue you'd have noticed a looooot of weird stuff happen before you even opened the console command. 

Now I'm probably going to say something stupid, but try to put Bodychange.esp below SuccubusLite on your load order, as I assume you are using this race, this just might be the problem ? I don't even know if this would have any impact, but I know that Bodychange has some weird shit happening with other races than the human ones. Maybe it has problems pointing to the Bodychange meshes when you are using a race whose body is not in the generic meshes/character assets folder ? If this yet doesn't work, you should try to "reset" your race on the Bodychange MCM menu, if you changed your race recently. 

@blabba

No I don't have it,  I'll have to give precache killer a shot, and see if that helps. Which version should I use? I'll check for racemenu updates too. 

@Redflyingmonkey

On new game, my character is wearing the standard prisoner rags. On ShowRaceMenu, they're wearing whatever they had on, unless I strip them 1st. I also know about the race resetting, but I'll switch the load order as you suggested.

WAIIIIIT a sec ! Don't do anything else than download and install precache killer lol, I was sure you already had it ! 

If that doesn't solve your issue I'm willing to write with hashtags. Hurgh. 

EDIT : Okay, double negation, I know I suck, actually try what I talked about, I forgot about the PK on the latest Racemenus too. (You upgraded it by the way ?) IT DOESN'T MEAN I HAVE TO WRITE WITH HASHTAGS OKAY ?? 

Sorry for the triple post, buuuut PROBLEM(s) SOLVED!  

Updating RaceMenu fixed ANY and ALL framerate drops, lag etc. on the character edit screen. It also added a lot of shiny new sliders and tabs :D THANK YOU FOR THIS

Also the suggestion to load succubuslite BEFORE bodychange fixed a whole other problem! I can now change body types when playing as Succubus race!

:heart: I FREAKING LOVE YOU PEOPLE! :heart:

PS: sadly I can only mark ONE best answer, but special thanks to both Blabba and Redflyingmonkey!

Archived