[WIP] Coldharbor mod

xenic

Coldharbour Mod

What is this?

This mod aims to bring the realm of Coldharbor into Skyrim. Currently, Coldharbor is accessible via an Oblivion Gate hidden in Morvath’s Lair or via a spell. However, things have been known to go wrong when mages attempt to open their own pathways into Oblivion.

What is currently here?

Currently there are 4 locations:

The Forgotten Prison

Coldharbor Prisons

Great Hall of Horrors (interior)

The Courtyard of Bones

Dark Solitude

The Dark Palace (interior)

The Domination Wing (interior)

Enshrouded Raiment ( Radiant Raiment )

Angeline’s Poisons (Angeline’s Aromatics)

Bits and Pieces (Bits and Bobs)

The Forgotten Prison:

This is where the foolish end up. Are you clever enough to find the way out?

Coldharbor Prisons:

This area used to hold the unfortunate souls trapped by Molag Bal. However, they are only a remnant of their former glory.

The Great Hall of Horrors is situated in this area. It is a feasting hall for the various inhabitants.

The Courtyard of Bones

This is a crossroads between the various locations in this part of Coldharbor. From here you can reach Dark Solitude, the Coldharbor prisons, or Tamriel via an Oblivion gate.

Dark Solitude

This is the seat of power in this part of Coldharbor, ruled by Elisif the Cruel and the vampire elite. Her dremora guards put down any resistance. The inhabitants are not allowed to leave the city. Some find this a comforting home and others an oppressive nightmare.

The Dark Palace is the seat of power for Dark Solitude. From here Elisif the Cruel rules over her people.

The Domination Wing (formerly the Pelagius Wing) is where Elisif practices her twisted experiments on the non vampire denizens of Coldharbor.

Notes

This mod is far from perfect. You can use NMM to install and uninstall. Do not use this for a serious playthrough. It is far from ready. There are currently no quests here and the vendors are present but not set up yet. There is a lot of terrain texture work to be done. But the version posted will give you an idea of the way the mod is going.

Now that you know all of that, enjoy and let me know what you think. Coldharbor beta WIP 8 19 14.7z 

Old verisons: 

Mod Resources / Credits 

Thanks to all those that are helping with the project:

Jormungandr (LL) – custom sign, Teleport to Coldharbour spell and tome, and good friend through this whole mod creation

gvman3670 (LL) – retex for the Black Books

Oblivion Gates – Hanaisee  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18957/?

Would you like to help?

I am trying to keep this as lore friendly as possible. There are a few things that I really need and I'm not sure how to get them. Size is all relative. I can increase the size as much as will be needed.

1) I need a burning sky. The Apocrypha sky retexured to a reddish orange would be good but it needs to be       standalone.

2) I need some blue atronachs. 

3) Ideas for locations, twisted decor, etc

4) Altered humans and other races. (amputees, disfigurations, floating heads as a static object)

I need someone to make this (it's twisted) 

A quadruple amputee that walks on all fours. For the body UNP/UNPB head using something like SG Textures.

I know it sounds weird but I've got a story bit for it.

5) Molag Bal Banners (anyone got a good screenshot from ESO?)

6) Dark versions of herbs : Dragon's Tongue, Mountain Flower, Thistle, Lavender

Some pics:

2014_07_24_00004.jpg

2014_07_24_00005.jpg

2014_07_24_00010.jpg

2014_07_24_00013.jpg

The Dark Palace :

2014_07_25_00007.jpg

2014_07_25_00009.jpg

Current sky : 

2014_07_24_00014.jpg

Thank you to everyone helping with ideas and/or assets. If you'd like to help please let me know.

Updates:

08-19-14

Darkspire manor decorated by Jormungandr

Removed floats and added a tunnel into the city

added some ground textures outside the city

add lighting 

Oh yeahhhhh ! Go xenic, go !! 

I have SO many ideas to make Skyrim really creepy, but so little knowledge and resources to do so ... I could literally fill this thread with suggestions if I wanted to look like an overexcited 10 year old ! 

Just some stuff, you know how Coldharbour is an exact replica of Nirn, but like, Molag Bal flavored right ? Well I have some ideas for Solitude/Coldharbour version, where, for example, instead of running around playing tag, all the kids walk in a creepy as hell orderly line around the town and just stare at you, or how the execution could be altered, the head could start flying away laughing, or how all the soldiers in the town could be replaced by creepy static draugr ...

You know, like a Silent Hill kind of place, one time you're in normal Solitude and all of a sudden what the fuck, you're transported on MB's plane where everything turns apeshit, and all the people you just talked to normally are now creepy silent mofos ! 

Edit : Oops, shoulda read better, a set of islands okay ! You know what makes an island creepy ? A rundown dock, with high grass growing around it, kind of swampy. I saw an island like this near Cyprus when I was on holidays, we landed on that creepy ass dock with broken ships about, and man, it was terrifying for some reason, like people were living there fishing and stuff and some kind of horrible shit happened ... Talking too much again, less coffee less coffee 

I have SO many ideas to make Skyrim really creepy, but so little knowledge and resources to do so ... I could literally fill this thread with suggestions if I wanted to look like an overexcited 10 year old ! 

Just some stuff, you know how Coldharbour is an exact replica of Nirn, but like, Molag Bal flavored right ? Well I have some ideas for Solitude/Coldharbour version, where, for example, instead of running around playing tag, all the kids walk in a creepy as hell orderly line around the town and just stare at you, or how the execution could be altered, the head could start flying away laughing, or how all the soldiers in the town could be replaced by creepy static draugr ...

You know, like a Silent Hill kind of place, one time you're in normal Solitude and all of a sudden what the fuck, you're transported on MB's plane where everything turns apeshit, and all the people you just talked to normally are now creepy silent mofos ! 

Edit : Oops, shoulda read better, a set of islands okay ! You know what makes an island creepy ? A rundown dock, with high grass growing around it, kind of swampy. I saw an island like this near Cyprus when I was on holidays, we landed on that creepy ass dock with broken ships about, and man, it was terrifying for some reason, like people were living there fishing and stuff and some kind of horrible shit happened ... Talking too much again, less coffee less coffee 

I would love to do that but unfortunately I don't know how to copy an existing worldspace, hence the islands. I may try to recreate sections of the city. As for flying heads, I really want someone to add the head of a person onto a wisp and replace all animals with human cattle. Hence the thing about amputees. I mean, he is the god of domination after all. He's got standards (dark creepy ones).

Yo chief, for the flying heads, perhaps this is of help.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18277/?

Looks good so far. :D

I'll have to play around with that. I really want fleshy heads but that should help me figure that out.  :)

If you'd like i can turn those and whatever fleshy heads you might find into creatures, for the coldharbour mod.

That decapitation mod uses only vanilla assets so there shouldn't be any problem with using it permission-wise.

Otherwise i'll just plant the skull on the whisp myself lol. :dodgy:

Yo chief, for the flying heads, perhaps this is of help.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18277/?

Looks good so far. :D

I'll have to play around with that. I really want fleshy heads but that should help me figure that out.  :)

If you'd like i can turn those and whatever fleshy heads you might find into creatures, for the coldharbour mod.

That decapitation mod uses only vanilla assets so there shouldn't be any problem with using it permission-wise.

Otherwise i'll just plant the skull on the whisp myself lol. :dodgy:

If I could have moaning heads floating around that'd be great. I have a friend with a mic that may be willing to add the male moans.

I took your advice. Dark Solitude has been added. Check up top for pics.

are you going to add Molag Bal and the PureBlood Vampire Ritual AsWell ??

I really want to add Molag Bal, but he's not anywhere in the game. I remember seeing a picture that looked like someone had a Moloag Bal npc. 

I'm also adding a vampire version of Elisif. I can't decide if she'll be evil, a victim, or Molag Bal's pet/consort. 

The idea I'm running with is that most of the npc's in Dark Solitude will be vampires.

are you going to add Molag Bal and the PureBlood Vampire Ritual AsWell ??

I really want to add Molag Bal, but he's not anywhere in the game. I remember seeing a picture that looked like someone had a Moloag Bal npc. 

I'm also adding a vampire version of Elisif. I can't decide if she'll be evil, a victim, or Molag Bal's pet/consort. 

The idea I'm running with is that most of the npc's in Dark Solitude will be vampires.

I vote for Elisif being Bals slave bitch. ;)

Send you a pm about my Molag Bal image.

I took your advice. Dark Solitude has been added. Check up top for pics.

Awesommmmme ! 

Oh also, you know the Wisp's mother minions ? The little light ball meshes who form this white ghost chick, you could totally clutter the place with those ballz, would give it some kind of Fable 2-style creepy look ! 

I second the Daedra of Coldharbour, the mod also includes a blue flame atronach that you might find interesting. Vicn Creature Resources also has some Molag Bal npcs and other creatures based on Bal's shrine.

Also, retexturing herbs into dark variations is easy enough but would there really be much flora in such a realm, in all the sludge and fire? I always thought it'd be mostly dead trees and bushes.

I second the Daedra of Coldharbour, the mod also includes a blue flame atronach that you might find interesting. Vicn Creature Resources also has some Molag Bal npcs and other creatures based on Bal's shrine.

Also, retexturing herbs into dark variations is easy enough but would there really be much flora in such a realm, in all the sludge and fire? I always thought it'd be mostly dead trees and bushes.

Yeah, probably don't need many herbs. I actually finished  the Dark Solitude are and took out most of the herbs. I also replaced all the plants with dead and / or burning ones.

YES! This NEEDS to happen! The Corrupter is pleased with you! Ride forth, champion! >.> Molag Bal is my favorite Daedra Lord.

I have minimal modding skills, but I can write/edit/proofread. If you want help with dialogue, quests, or books, I can bounce some ideas around with you and maybe write some stuff up. (and I do have writing samples I can show if you don't believe me lol)

Another idea. Instead of making a whole new worldspace which would double the size of things, you might consider something like an ENB (or more performance-friendly option of recoloring the way the world looks) to give the existing world a new feel. Then, just alter stuff in the existing world that would get replaced when a script is activated like walking through an Oblivion gate, and the originals put back in place when another script runs (going back through the Oblivion gate). So, it would be the same world, with a toggle to replace certain specifics of it that make it more hellish.

PM me if you are interested in talking more.

YES! This NEEDS to happen! The Corrupter is pleased with you! Ride forth, champion! >.> Molag Bal is my favorite Daedra Lord.

I have minimal modding skills, but I can write/edit/proofread. If you want help with dialogue, quests, or books, I can bounce some ideas around with you and maybe write some stuff up. (and I do have writing samples I can show if you don't believe me lol)

Another idea. Instead of making a whole new worldspace which would double the size of things, you might consider something like an ENB (or more performance-friendly option of recoloring the way the world looks) to give the existing world a new feel. Then, just alter stuff in the existing world that would get replaced when a script is activated like walking through an Oblivion gate, and the originals put back in place when another script runs (going back through the Oblivion gate). So, it would be the same world, with a toggle to replace certain specifics of it that make it more hellish.

PM me if you are interested in talking more.

Well, the world space is already made. The whole thing is only possible because of having it's own worldspace. It also means I could make it as large as the Skyrim landmass (I don't plan on making it that big.) I sent you a PM about the stories.

You know you don't HAVE to have Molag Bal himself in the game. It would be more logical that he would reside in the Imperial Palace copy rather than Skyrim. Just a lore-friendly way to get around seeing him, if you have to :)

True, but I'm looking at trying to throw his voice into the mod. A few threatening lines.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It will be a sexlab mod, or not ?

Anyway, it's a good idea... like a parralel world, and it will no cost you lot of assets to construct...

If the player want to be a coldharbour vampire, do you will allowed to have the scene with Molag Ball, as Serena descrived ?

Archived