ENB Suggestion

Dro

Like so many of us, we have tried using an ENB but we always keep on going from 60+ FPS to around 25FPS. I don't have any financial means to upgrade my PC at the moment and I won't have any time soon.

But I always wanted to have an ENB, or something that just broke the emptyness fo Vanilla. I currently only use Climates of Tamriel, EL&FX and Realistic Nights.

I've tried mods like TrueVision, Sharshooter's, Project ENB and I always end up with 25FPS or worse.

Isn't there any ENB outhere that improves Vanilla and doesn't destroy my FPS? Does anyone know of anything?

Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel® Core i5-2500 CPU 3.30GHz(4CPUs), ~3.3GHz

RAM: 8GB

Grahpics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 550Ti

Guys, thanks for the all suggestions, but none of those work, either my computer can't handle them, or they don't work with Climates of Tamriel or they use Imaginator, and due to hearing and reading lots of reports about Imaginator causing save game bloats, I rather not risk it.

Leading to me still not being able to use anything besides what I already possess.

Have you tried Vividian (its good with CoT, which I didn't realize you were using sorry). You can find a guide for Skyrim Revisited (a mod collection that includes CoT & Vividian ENB) on STEP, there's also a performance guide for using it on a 2gb card setup. The enb performance tweaks, and the DDSopt instructions, are very helpful.

You could also try a performance version of Realvision, but I recommend Vividian using the performance guide I linked above.

Have you tried Vividian (its good with CoT, which I didn't realize you were using sorry). You can find a guide for Skyrim Revisited (a mod collection that includes CoT & Vividian ENB) on STEP, there's also a performance guide for using it on a 2gb card setup. The enb performance tweaks, and the DDSopt instructions, are very helpful.

You could also try a performance version of Realvision, but I recommend Vividian using the performance guide I linked above.

I appreciate the help, but my card is only 1GB and I did indeed tried it. I got 23FPS. :(

Edit: RealVision even on their lowest setting still gives low FPS also. :(

Gotcha. If I had a 1gb card I would lose CoT & ELFX in preference of RLO and Minimal ENB, but that's me.

Might I ask why? Does the Minimal ENB brings new weather types? I prefer ELFX but I used RLO in the past, so I can always change back to it.

Edit: I forgot to mention on my initial post, that I also use Skyrim HD 2k Textures.

I haven't had Imaginator cause any issues for me at all. I've been using it a while with a few different character builds, too (Mod Organizer...gotta' love it's profile system).

I use CoT, ELFX, Imaginator and Dynavision with the "I Can't Believe it's NOT an ENB" mod. Try it and if it does give you issues you can remove it and revert to an older save.

There are also lower res particle replacers that can boost Skyrim quite a bit, especially when you're near those birch trees around Riften. Geesh, those things are terrible. You could also try a texture optimizer to boost your frames as well. Then there computer tweaks that will help a lot, too.

post-243307-0-47316000-1406061958_thumb.jpgpost-243307-0-82141800-1406061960_thumb.jpgpost-243307-0-16720900-1406061962_thumb.jpg

I have a far less powerful machine than yours and I can get a playable game that still looks a lot better than vanilla.

Gotcha. If I had a 1gb card I would lose CoT & ELFX in preference of RLO and Minimal ENB, but that's me.

Might I ask why? Does the Minimal ENB brings new weather types? I prefer ELFX but I used RLO in the past, so I can always change back to it.

Edit: I forgot to mention on my initial post, that I also use Skyrim HD 2k Textures.

Hey, that reminds me, you should really DDSopt-imize your textures, really. Check out the STEP guide on that, I just finished optimizing my vanilla textures and it was a breeze (they have batch files that automate a lot of it). Next I'm going to optimize my additional textures (Skyrim HD 2k, AMB, Vivid Landscapes, etc).

If you set DDSopt to max at 2k interiors & 1k exteriors you should notice some real performance gains with little to no quality loss. And if you don;t like it you'll still have your original files for a quick switch back.

I haven't had Imaginator cause any issues for me at all. I've been using it a while with a few different character builds, too (Mod Organizer...gotta' love it's profile system).

I use CoT, ELFX, Imaginator and Dynavision with the "I Can't Believe it's NOT an ENB" mod. Try it and if it does give you issues you can remove it and revert to an older save.

There are also lower res particle replacers that can boost Skyrim quite a bit, especially when you're near those birch trees around Riften. Geesh, those things are terrible. You could also try a texture optimizer to boost your frames as well. Then there computer tweaks that will help a lot, too.

attachicon.gifTESV.exe_DX9_20140722_195815.jpgattachicon.gifTESV.exe_DX9_20140722_195951.jpgattachicon.gifTESV.exe_DX9_20140722_200841.jpg

I have a far less powerful machine than yours and I can get a playable game that still looks a lot better than vanilla.

I did a bit more search regarding the Imaginator, it seems save bloat only happens if you use the Imaginator Spells, but if you use the MCM, then it won't happen. With that said, I tried "I can't Believe It's not an ENB 2", this is definetly what I'm going to use! Much better then vanilla and no FPS loss at all! Amazing stuff!

Hey, that reminds me, you should really DDSopt-imize your textures, really. Check out the STEP guide on that, I just finished optimizing my vanilla textures and it was a breeze (they have batch files that automate a lot of it). Next I'm going to optimize my additional textures (Skyrim HD 2k, AMB, Vivid Landscapes, etc).

If you set DDSopt to max at 2k interiors & 1k exteriors you should notice some real performance gains with little to no quality loss. And if you don;t like it you'll still have your original files for a quick switch back.

I'll check it out. :)

Archived