Dibellan Defender - Naked Heroines of Skyrim

For those of you interested in SkyRe-style armor ratings, I'll include the option in version 1.0.2, whenever that happens.

Good to hear.  Not sure what you had in mind but I think it would be slick to just add a checkbox in the menu for it.

I'd personally like it if these tattoos were significantly larger (optionally) so the end effect is largely covering the body.  With how it is now there is only one body layer left for trying to deck my character out with what I'd like to be full-body art.  With a 'naked' warrior I just like the theme of full-body art more than a few little tattoos here and there.  It would give more of a tribal warrior feel than just a slutty feel imo.

For those of you interested in SkyRe-style armor ratings, I'll include the option in version 1.0.2, whenever that happens.

Good to hear.  Not sure what you had in mind but I think it would be slick to just add a checkbox in the menu for it.

I'd personally like it if these tattoos were significantly larger (optionally) so the end effect is largely covering the body.  With how it is now there is only one body layer left for trying to deck my character out with what I'd like to be full-body art.  With a 'naked' warrior I just like the theme of full-body art more than a few little tattoos here and there.  It would give more of a tribal warrior feel than just a slutty feel imo.

There won't be any problems if you just overwrite the tattoo files with different ones. I'm thinking about making several 'official' alternate texture sets for Dibellan Defender, anyhow.

Edit: It will probably just be an optional .esp that you can add to your load order if you want the higher armor values.

If you mean the slots I think you mean, you can edit how many you may have have in the nioverride.ini in your SKSE\Plugins.

Edit: I just realized you probably mean the SlaveTats slots and not the RaceMenu/ECE overlay ones. I don't know how you would get more slots in that case.

Many years ago, in a PnP roleplay I actually made something similar, well a culture the players encountered where into something similar and they had absolutely fanatical, and yes nude, slave girls around people of the upper classes and as a gift to great heroes. Lets just say three players ended up with one each and it was up to them what to do with the, as they pleased. None of them became regular followers, mostly they functioned as a stewards at their homes but occasionally they was brought along to use some special skill they had. One of them had an ability most similar to a full strength unrelenting force shout!

In any case I have experimented with the idea, in game and in drawings and come to the conclusion that total nudity is boring, they need to put something on, just not something that covers anything. In this case I would like to add a pair of sandals, bracers, and a collar. Around the hip, a belt of some kind is needed so it does not look goofy when carrying a sheathed weapon.

There won't be any problems if you just overwrite the tattoo files with different ones. I'm thinking about making several 'official' alternate texture sets for Dibellan Defender, anyhow.

Edit: It will probably just be an optional .esp that you can add to your load order if you want the higher armor values.

Nice to hear you're thinking of making alternate textures.  As for the additional .esp file, while nice, I've already had a problem with the 256 plugin limit.  ^_^

Many years ago, in a PnP roleplay I actually made something similar, well a culture the players encountered where into something similar and they had absolutely fanatical, and yes nude, slave girls around people of the upper classes and as a gift to great heroes. Lets just say three players ended up with one each and it was up to them what to do with the, as they pleased. None of them became regular followers, mostly they functioned as a stewards at their homes but occasionally they was brought along to use some special skill they had. One of them had an ability most similar to a full strength unrelenting force shout!

In any case I have experimented with the idea, in game and in drawings and come to the conclusion that total nudity is boring, they need to put something on, just not something that covers anything. In this case I would like to add a pair of sandals, bracers, and a collar. Around the hip, a belt of some kind is needed so it does not look goofy when carrying a sheathed weapon.

I've kind of been thinking the same thing.  Some expanded "jewelry" options would be nice.  I'm currently using the HDT Piercings (though there are some difficulties getting those to work right), but I'd like to put more on my character without losing the buffs (or the BUFF!  Da-dum-tish.)

Jewelry is already okay, including jewelry from mods, unless it's marked as clothing for some reason.

The condition that I can use to check for clothing doesn't differentiate between slots, so it can't tell the difference between shoes and a nun's habit. I might be able to find a better way of checking (I'll look) but for now I suggest finding more jewelry to wear, or using creation kit to remove the armor and clothing tags from your pair of sandals.

If I do find a better way of checking for nudity, let me ask: should I allow otherwise acceptable clothing if it provides an additional armor rating? I'm kind of on the fence on that.

Jewelry is already okay, including jewelry from mods, unless it's marked as clothing for some reason.

The condition that I can use to check for clothing doesn't differentiate between slots, so it can't tell the difference between shoes and a nun's habit. I might be able to find a better way of checking (I'll look) but for now I suggest finding more jewelry to wear, or using creation kit to remove the armor and clothing tags from your pair of sandals.

If I do find a better way of checking for nudity, let me ask: should I allow otherwise acceptable clothing if it provides an additional armor rating? I'm kind of on the fence on that.

Like the latest TERA clothing? Sure, why not. Although in keeping theme with nudity, I'd say the clothing would be the kind that's barely qualified as clothing. :D

Another thing I thought would be adding armor rating/enhancement on devious device itself for those who wants to roleplay as perpetual slave.

Re skyrim memory patch: tried enboost, raped my framerate to hell and back (and then back again) even after disabling most features available. Not to mention now there's actually MORE crashes than usual for my laptop. I don't feel like dealing with another enb problem again, so I think I have to pass that up. Thanks for the reference though.

Stop making cool mods so I can stop installing them and just play the game! 

Seriously, though, I would love to see just a tiny quest where you meet some faction of naked warrior women who give you the opportunity to join their group and the tattoos are added at that point. 

edit: also, Frostfall becomes an issue. Any chance of boosting heat or something with each tatoo?

Having tried it now, I agree with both of the previous posts. The arm binder tat looks too much like a truck mudflap and larger tats would fit the idea of the mod better. Love the idea, though. :)

Perhaps someone of a more artistic bent could provide appropriate replacement tats that look right? Author has already admitted a lack of skill in that area (likewise, my art skills stop at crude stick figures) so this is a chance for someone with a bit of skill to get some credit?

Any other enchanted tattoo mods that work with this?  I'm really enjoying my Naked Spellsword :)

Not yet, to my knowledge, but in principle they should be compatible once they exist.

The only other "enchanted tattoo" type mod I know about is Yakuza Tattoos on Nexus, which didn't seem compatible when I used showracemenu to change my character to one.  Maybe the application ability will work, I'll try it out and see.

Aaaand... there's Dibellan Defender 1.1.0

The visible change here is that it has a mod configuration menu, which lets you select how Dibella responds to various kinds of apparel, and also lets you select SkyRe compatibility mode (which just multiplies armor values by 2.5)

Internally, the decision about whether clothing disables your tattoos is now scripted, rather than being made by Creation Kit conditions. That's a little slower, and a lot more flexible. The script only runs when you equip or unequip an item, so it shouldn't add significant overhead.

I just noticed the (newer?) screenshot of a Dibellan Defender using a shield.  I thought that a shield, since it's classified as a heavy or light armor type, would break the tattoo effect?  Or is this a new option in 1.1.0 to allow shields?

I just noticed the (newer?) screenshot of a Dibellan Defender using a shield.  I thought that a shield, since it's classified as a heavy or light armor type, would break the tattoo effect?  Or is this a new option in 1.1.0 to allow shields?

That screenshot was picked to show off the new features. She's wearing boots, too, and the new tribal tattoos.

Edit:

Dibella's once-over works like this now:

• If it's tagged as ArmorHeavy or ArmorLight and armor is not allowed, reject it. Otherwise, treat it as ArmorClothing
  • If it's tagged as ArmorClothing, and occupies a forbidden slot, reject it

Shields occupy one of the slots that fall under the "misc" setting in the MCM, so as long as that checkbox and the "armor is allowed" checkbox are checked, shields are okay.

New designs look awesome, thanks!

Though, they do seem to be "misplaced" on my custom Bodyslide 2 body.  I gather that the two tattoos on the breasts are supposed to surround the nipple, but for me they are on/above the nipple.  The "belly" tattoo also seems a lot lower on my body than on the picture.

Still, fantastic work, thanks!

New designs look awesome, thanks!

Though, they do seem to be "misplaced" on my custom Bodyslide 2 body.  I gather that the two tattoos on the breasts are supposed to surround the nipple, but for me they are on/above the nipple.  The "belly" tattoo also seems a lot lower on my body than on the picture.

Still, fantastic work, thanks!

That's because the Tattoos are made for an UNP body. Yours is CBBE based and CBBE is slightly different mapped.

I'm having the same "Problem" ^^