Breasts stretch REALLY far then said npc sometimes goes invisible.

It's not my player having the issue but mostly NPC's. I get it that multiple HDT items could cause an issue but I think it's coming from the clothing which I haven't had a problem before. I do believe it's the skeleton XPMSE. I'm still looking at the problem currently. However, the examples you provided in your response are not conflicting with each other. It's more of a skeleton issue. And I am being reasonable.  I wouldn't make a post if this problem was constant. I played through without this issue popping up. Now on this current play-through it's happening and my previous solutions do not work. Hence why I posted looking for help, not for someone looking for an opportunity to be an ass and tell me to be reasonable. If you DO have another solution for me or anybody else to try I would like to know. If it works I'll give you all the credit of being a genius.

You know what, I bet you didn't change the ALL THE RIGHT VALUES, A-L-L O-F T-H-E-M, it happens before, I shared the information with a couple of guys and they too had the same issue, BUT it was 'cos they didn't change all the values in  <hkparam name="maxLinearVelocity"> and <hkparam name="maxAngularVelocity">  TO 255. Just give it a try again ;)

Guest Momber

^ That's good advice for sure. If you edit the files with a good text editor like Notepad++ it's easy to find all the instances and replace them semi-automatically.

Also I would double-check that no other mod that comes with its own hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml has a higher priority. It's easy to forget one when you have a lot of mods.

And last but not least there are the standard HDT fixes/optimizations that need to be in place, like locking your fps to 60 and whatnot.

I can confirm that this works as well. Initially, I made the same mistake other folks are making by not realizing that there was more than just one instance of the "maxlinearvelocity" and "maxangularvelocity" within the hdtPhysicsExtensionDefaultBBP.xml file. 

After changing ALL the instances to 255 I'm no longer getting disappearing NPC or boobs stretching to infinity.

There is another POTENTIAL side affect to this change. It seems I'm not teleporting to the world center during sexlab scenes anymore. Some folks, like me, were having this issue. Check this topic if your unfamiliar with the glitch. I'll keep playing to confirm if this remains the case, but I'm cautiously optimistic. 

I can confirm that this works as well. Initially, I made the same mistake other folks are making by not realizing that there was more than just one instance of the "maxlinearvelocity" and "maxangularvelocity" within the hdtPhysicsExtensionDefaultBBP.xml file. 

After changing ALL the instances to 255 I'm no longer getting disappearing NPC or boobs stretching to infinity.

There is another POTENTIAL side affect to this change. It seems I'm not teleporting to the world center during sexlab scenes anymore. Some folks, like me, were having this issue. Check this topic if your unfamiliar with the glitch. I'll keep playing to confirm if this remains the case, but I'm cautiously optimistic. 

Wow! I had no idea of such thing  :blink:

I played in different savegames with THE cure above and I never experienced such thing, maybe it has to be with the sexlab mods 
you installed perhaps? I'm using Sexlab Framework, no creatures (not my kind thing), SexLab Tools v3.0, S.A.P animations v1.4, Leito's animations, SLAL NibblesAnims 3.4, SLAnimLoader, Blush When Aroused v1.3, SL Defeat v5.3.5, SexLab Eager NPCs, SexLabAroused V27c, SLAR Animation Appropriate Arousal Adjustments, Icha Kiss Mod, SexLab FadeBlack 1.3d, Dripping when aroused and AnimSpeedSexLab. None of this gives me a bug, my game is very stable and I think the Hdt stuff has nothing to do with that problem

But thank you so much for share the info, maybe others can confirm this  ^_^

Hi, you can try this. It works for me. Open the "hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml" or what ever your controlling .xml is for cape, armor, whatever, with Notepad++. Search for the lines: <hkparam name="maxLinearVelocity"> and <hkparam name="maxAngularVelocity">. You will see a parameter like <hkparam name="value">255</hkparam>. If your value is not 255, change it to 255. The stretching appears to happen when the mesh movement moves faster than the max velocity integer. If you have hdt cape, You can easily reproduce stretching simply by using Whirlwind Sprint shout. Once you change all above parameters, the stretch no longer happens. I did this for Clothes and Cloaks. I have not had any problems with stretching or invisibility on NPC or Followers. I do not use any changes to HAVOK ini. Of course your computer setup may come in to play, so results may very. Just thought I would share, because i used to have the same problems. I'm currently using HDT Clothes and Robes for all NPC's, HDT Cloaks(Myself and Sofia), HDT Underwear (Myself and Sofia), Custom version of HDT Marie Rose Hair (Myself), HDT Changeable Hair Ribbons for Marie Rose Hair (Myself), HDT Weapon Sling for XPMSE(Myself), and custom Hats/Hoods with HDT Hair (Myself), and of coures HDT Bodies (CBBE HDT including Sofia) all with no problem. Good luck, hopes this helps you to.

Worked! Be sure to check ALL of the "<hkparam name="maxLinea...ect" lines for the correct value

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, you can try this. It works for me. Open the "hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml" or what ever your controlling .xml is for cape, armor, whatever, with Notepad++. Search for the lines: <hkparam name="maxLinearVelocity"> and <hkparam name="maxAngularVelocity">. You will see a parameter like <hkparam name="value">255</hkparam>. If your value is not 255, change it to 255. The stretching appears to happen when the mesh movement moves faster than the max velocity integer. If you have hdt cape, You can easily reproduce stretching simply by using Whirlwind Sprint shout. Once you change all above parameters, the stretch no longer happens. I did this for Clothes and Cloaks. I have not had any problems with stretching or invisibility on NPC or Followers. I do not use any changes to HAVOK ini. Of course your computer setup may come in to play, so results may very. Just thought I would share, because i used to have the same problems. I'm currently using HDT Clothes and Robes for all NPC's, HDT Cloaks(Myself and Sofia), HDT Underwear (Myself and Sofia), Custom version of HDT Marie Rose Hair (Myself), HDT Changeable Hair Ribbons for Marie Rose Hair (Myself), HDT Weapon Sling for XPMSE(Myself), and custom Hats/Hoods with HDT Hair (Myself), and of coures HDT Bodies (CBBE HDT including Sofia) all with no problem. Good luck, hopes this helps you to.

OMG, it looks like you have solved a problem that i have since more than 3 Years ...

I tried this for the hdt tails mod found here on loverslab and it did not work for me.....the tails just swing around like crazy.Its driving me nuts cause I really like the tails. Any other work arounds for this type of stuff?

I tried this for the hdt tails mod found here on loverslab and it did not work for me.....the tails just swing around like crazy.Its driving me nuts cause I really like the tails. Any other work arounds for this type of stuff?

Wich mod? a lot of hdt mods are pretty bad configurated and that's the sad true, the invisible fix works but the .xml bouncing settings are a different story... cheers

Wich mod? a lot of hdt mods are pretty bad configurated and that's the sad true, the invisible fix works but the .xml bouncing settings are a different story... cheers

This is the only one that I liked http://www.loverslab.com/topic/31787-hdt-dragon-tails/ better tail movement imo

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted to say that i think this did the trick. Thank you so much dgrx. Just want to add that there are several instances of < hkparam name....  in the BBP.xml and you want to check them all. Just use ctrl + f in notepad to find them.

• 5 months later...

yes you have to look through all hdt****.xml files. I did all mine, there were several 127 in each file. I made a backup of all the  hdt***.xml files in case i needed to revert. You can have a mass updated in notepad++, change it all in all open files. works great, only took a few seconds. has been working now for 9 straight months. no odd stretching. someone also posted you need to lock hdt to 60 fps. hehe i remember doing that a long time ago, i just can't remember where.. which ini.. oh well. it all works now.

i would like to add there is a chance that a mod you have has a bsa file and that includes an xml in it. There's ways to extract it and then fix your esp, but that's for another topic.

lock to 58-55 fps so to prevent it breaking hdt by spiking past 60 on say loading into a zone like a cave. if it spikes past 60 1 time it can cause havok issues constantly till u restart game.

a example i was today trying a new enb. i capped it at 59 instead of my normal 55 i zoned into  pretty much empty inn and boom physics explosion and stuff pushing around room  and hair was stretching to infinity all cause it spiked to 61 on load.

On 24.7.2016 at 7:44 AM, dgrx said:

Thank you so much for posting this here, it worked! I changed all values in the "hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml" and in the "hdtVagina.xml".

A few hours later and everything seems to be fine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2015 at 1:09 PM, dTd said:

It's all because the game engine, mainly scripts are lagging. Optimizing your config can help but pulling script heavy mods will definitely fix it. How many cores is your cpu? in skyrim.ini with 4 core cpu these could help under [General]:

iNumHWThreads=4
iHWThread4=3
iHWThread3=2
iHWThread2=1
iHWThread1=0
iAIThread2HWThread=3
iAIThread1HWThread=2
iRenderingThread2HWThread=1
iRenderingThread1HWThread=0

Also these:

bMultiThreadMovement=1
bUseThreadedParticleSystem=1
bUseThreadedBlood=1
bUseThreadedMorpher=1
bUseThreadedTempEffects=1
bUseThreadedTextures=1
bUseThreadedMeshes=1
bUseThreadedLOD=1
bUseThreadedAI=1
bUseHardDriveCache=0
bUseBackgroundFileLoader=1
bSelectivePurgeUnusedOnFastTravel=1
iPostProcessMillisecondsLoadingQueuedPriority=5
uExterior Cell Buffer=36

And this:

[HAVOK]
iNumThreads=4

Last but not least under [Papyrus]:

fUpdateBudgetMS=1.6
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.6
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000.0

The last set gives a bit more extra time for scripts to run. Good Luck :classic_smile:

My Skyrim.ini and .pref files don't have any of these values in them.

• 1 month later...

It didn’t work for me, but I’m guessing it’s due to my current piss-poor rig. You can try all the fixes in the world, but if your CPU, RAM and your VRAM is terrible, nothing’s getting fixed. It gives me hope that when I upgrade, this might be the fix. 

(If it happens) -which it probably will. I tried to run the game with the Bijin mods on. Gave ‘em my femalebody.nif files, so they have all the bounce and collision on, but of course, their skin takes flight... Least they look okay with the remodelled armour tailored to my UNPB. :tongue: I hope I’m not talking nonsense, I’m pretty sure you need a good rig for the HDT mods to behave, right? xD 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11.2.2018 at 6:38 PM, TheMoronicalClown said:

It didn’t work for me, but I’m guessing it’s due to my current piss-poor rig. You can try all the fixes in the world, but if your CPU, RAM and your VRAM is terrible, nothing’s getting fixed. It gives me hope that when I upgrade, this might be the fix. 

(If it happens) -which it probably will. I tried to run the game with the Bijin mods on. Gave ‘em my femalebody.nif files, so they have all the bounce and collision on, but of course, their skin takes flight... Least they look okay with the remodelled armour tailored to my UNPB. :tongue: I hope I’m not talking nonsense, I’m pretty sure you need a good rig for the HDT mods to behave, right? xD 

As Skyrim isn't a very recent game you dont't need that much power. But Oldrim and it's mods frameworks are a patchwork of features and settings... If you setup your mods and Skyrim correctly you shouldn't have a problem running HDT. I myself run a 9 year old CPU (Phenom II X4) and it runs fine. And for the RAM ... as Skyrim cannot utilize more then 3(4)GB  +VRAM... So maybe reduce the number SKSE-dependent mods and maybe ditch some HDT mods itself and it should run. Also be aware of the number of NPCs which wear HDT stuff in your cell - it makes a difference if there are 10 or 20 female (naked) NPCs with HDT-hair, -vagina, -belly, -cloak, -clothes. So maybe ditch that HDT hair-mod or cloaks or a population mod and you may be fine. And overall the more load there is on your setup the more likely it will break stuff sooner or later. =)

10 hours ago, hexenhaus said:

As Skyrim isn't a very recent game you dont't need that much power. But Oldrim and it's mods frameworks are a patchwork of features and settings... If you setup your mods and Skyrim correctly you shouldn't have a problem running HDT. I myself run a 9 year old CPU (Phenom II X4) and it runs fine. And for the RAM ... as Skyrim cannot utilize more then 3(4)GB  +VRAM... So maybe reduce the number SKSE-dependent mods and maybe ditch some HDT mods itself and it should run. Also be aware of the number of NPCs which wear HDT stuff in your cell - it makes a difference if there are 10 or 20 female (naked) NPCs with HDT-hair, -vagina, -belly, -cloak, -clothes. So maybe ditch that HDT hair-mod or cloaks or a population mod and you may be fine. And overall the more load there is on your setup the more likely it will break stuff sooner or later. =)

Thanks for the advice, man. xD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I did the fix to every single .xml in Skyrim\Data\SKSE\Plugins

There was a cloak mod that used hkparam name="value" for something other than max angular and max linear, which I noticed and avoided. So be sort of careful when ctrl+f'ing your way through it all.

Serana immediately stopped being invisible. As a minor side effect, her breasts seem more jiggly than they were before the edit. Imagine the opposite of bags of sand. Hmm.

Sorry Serana, I could put in the effort to figure out HDT-SMP or redo it to a lower value, but this fix will do for now.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently downloaded the HD Cosio 4.9 package and this fix causes problems with that mod.  Specifically the breasts sporadically start shooting back and forth across the room in every direction.   Cosio 4.4 works fine.  Is anyone else having issues?  I am going to post in that thread as well.