Papyrus script that makes NPCs ignore you?

eroticfox

Hello, I'm trying to make a Papyrus script that makes NPCs ignore you. I've never made a script and I a very very very small amount of scripting with anything (if anything a tiny bit of java). 

So, I'm trying to make a mod that will make the player completely invisible and undetected from the world almost like he was never even there to begin with. While AI detection to other AI's will still work (because tdetect effects all AI detection). I was going to make a spell in Creation Kit with full invisibility, muffle, etc. but it seems after searching, some AIs still can detect you from some reason.

I'm looking in the Papyrus functions and I cannot find anything related to a NPC ignoring you. There's a lot of functions for Papyrus, so I tried searching specific keywords that may be in functions like "NPC", and "Ignore" and I didn't find anything useful. Could someone please help me or at least do me a favor of pointing me in the right direction.

I was working on this problem a couple of weeks ago. I got very annoyed when sneaking up to some game (sneak level 100, all perks unlocked, constant invisibility) when a courier came to me with a letter from a friend and disturbed my game hunting. I changed the WICourierScript so that when I am sneaking, a courier will not be able to find me.

I put the following code into the OnUpdate event:

Actor actorPlayer = Game.GetPlayer()

If !actorPlayer.IsSneaking() && !actorPlayer.HasPerk(perkStrongSneakPerk)
     ; original code of the OnUpdate event
EndIf

where perkStrongSneakPerk is defined as follows:

Perk Property perkStrongSneakPerk Auto

I replaced the original script from the WICourier quest with my changed script. Next you will have to set the property for the perkStrongSneakPerk to whatever you want. In my case it was set to the Silence perk.

Most NPCs will not detect you while sneaking at the highest level, but (most?) questgivers will, such as the couriers, the Miraak cultists, the Ebony Warrior, the Alik'r warriors the are looking for Saadia, etc. In my opinion (I have not worked on this any further) you will have to look at a lot of quests and change the scripts that are attached to these quests, maybe even including script fragments that go with the quest stages.

If this is not what you ment, have a look at the mod "No NPC Greetings" on Steam. With this mod other NPCs will completely ignore you and stop commenting to the player, including children.

I'm guessing that mod does not stop quest givers? Shame. If tdetect stops quest givers, their must be a way... At least, I think it stops quest givers...

Maybe you could the example from my first reaction. The Actor script has a lot of other functions, apart from IsSneaking that you could use, or the ActorBase script, the ObjectReference script and maybe other scripts. But I still think you have to walk through a lot of quests to see which attached scripts have to be altered.

Archived