[Request] A better elven race.

Neogeo

Since there is no mod that allows proper bonescaling of the bodies, has anyone thought of a rather tall, slender and less-human-looking elven race? Basically, slightly longer spine, legs and arms being a bit longer and the face kinda like high elves or wood elves.

Reason for this request is, I'd like to build up an elven forest survivor/hunter which doesn't just look like all those "human" races but with different face, skin color and a different ear shape.

For stats, I thought of a balanced mix of conjuration, restoration and a bit of alteration, as well as light armor and archer skills.

Perhaps also improved sneaking but no melee assassination skills like improved one handed damage or dagger damage.

As for the race power... Well, at this point I'm a little bit clueless. Would leave that up to the more experienced people around.

Any way to realise and/or someone willing to get his hands on this?

I've not really messed with ECE's version much but with RM I recall I was able to use the skeleton morph plugin to give my toon longer legs and calves, it allowed me to narrow the pelvis and also extend the lumber and neck areas - it was a bit temperamental but doable. Wouldn't that along with weight and height sliders applied to an already slender body mesh more or less get you the results you're looking for?

Most everything else you've asked for is probably achievable using mods like Custom Races customisable elf folders, EEO for some extended face morph options, and maybe something like Character Creation Overhaul  to give you a custom starter build with appropriately weighted stats for a hunter/ranger. Add an alternative  start mod like Skyrim Unbound to the mix and you could begin your life in the wilderness with leather gear, a bow and a knife, maybe use Hunterborn to help you make a living out of fur trading and making your own bone arrows and potions from animal parts,  and Camping Kit of the Northern Ranger to really nail the self sufficiency nature child thing. 

Just some suggestions while you wait for someone to make a race mod that covers all that. 

Using EEO already, face morphs shouldn't be a real big deal. Main problem is the body mesh. Well, I'm not a pro at modding, especially the way ECE and RM work, so...

Can I just install ECE and use the method you described, without worrying about problems or should I create backups of certain files before approaching this...?

Using EEO already, face morphs shouldn't be a real big deal. Main problem is the body mesh. Well, I'm not a pro at modding, especially the way ECE and RM work, so...

Can I just install ECE and use the method you described, without worrying about problems or should I create backups of certain files before approaching this...?

Just try the racemenu xpms extension, you can scale every bone your skeleton has, no other mod will allow you that degree of control. What you are asking about body mesh though is bit more complicated...

ETfeTo0.jpg

This is for example CBBE hight weight body, but its basically the same for every other body out there, they all follow certain proportion and its shared across all humanoid races. If you pay attention to measure in "heads" you will see that skyrim females are set to around 7.7~ heads height, which is someplace between average and idealistic female body (in art terms at least). What you want is something closer to 8.5~ heads stature which would require reworking the proportions of majority of body , possibly skeleton too, to make it look "realistic"... not to mention incompatibilities that would arise from that. 

I'm no expert on skeleton/rigging/animations but I think reworking body so much would require lots and lots of work. I'd suggest you stick to normal body replacers + EEO, use some slim body like DG or make a slim bodyslide preset (this is probably your best option, use something like HDT or Citrus) then rescale the bones to follow the proportions you want as best you can. Just google some body proportion plates to keep as your guideline and experiment. Granted, all of this will work only on your character, everybody else will still be the same, but its probably closest you can get to what you want.

Really, the game could use some race specific bodies. We only got tails on the beast races but we could use something more fundamentally then that. You should be able to tell an elf from an human on the silhouette alone. While Dragon Age 2 sucked balls in general, they did gives elves a special more slender body, not just a different size.

Archived