(Question) (Request) CBBE Bodyslide Armor with HDT physics

assassin4d3ath

HDT can support any outfits with TBBP weighting as far as I know (I'm not sure about BBP). 

If anyone can answer that for me on whether HDT is the same applied to BBP and TBBP because that is really the only thing stopping me from trying out SevenBase since most of the conversions is done on BBP.

i found this thread while looking for a different topic, but, i am actually working on something like this.  i have been trying to get a hdt loin cloth hdt bodyslide compatable but i am still working out the kinks. 

what i know so far:

bodyslide does not effect the skeleton bones. so, if you can make a sliderset for your HDT armor then it should work with bodyslide.

outfit studio checks referenced outfit bones against the default XPMS skeleton.  so, if there is a bone in the outfit (like ear bones for floppy ears) that does not exist in the reference skeleton (XPMS) outfit studio ignores it.

editing skeletons in MAX doesnt work right. your edited skeleton may have all the right bones, but for some reason they arent read correctly and OS will/may say they dont exist.

editing skeletons in nifskope "seems" to work.  i used my edited skeleton from max, and used nifskope to cut, paste, then re-name my edited bones into the OS default skeleton. when i load up an outfit that uses the new bones, OS sees them and passes them on to the finished project.

i am getting a lot of CTDs and other issues still but i am still working things out.  feel free to use what i have learned and experiment for yourself.

i found this thread while looking for a different topic, but, i am actually working on something like this.  i have been trying to get a hdt loin cloth hdt bodyslide compatable but i am still working out the kinks. 

what i know so far:

bodyslide does not effect the skeleton bones. so, if you can make a sliderset for your HDT armor then it should work with bodyslide.

outfit studio checks referenced outfit bones against the default XPMS skeleton.  so, if there is a bone in the outfit (like ear bones for floppy ears) that does not exist in the reference skeleton (XPMS) outfit studio ignores it.

editing skeletons in MAX doesnt work right. your edited skeleton may have all the right bones, but for some reason they arent read correctly and OS will/may say they dont exist.

editing skeletons in nifskope "seems" to work.  i used my edited skeleton from max, and used nifskope to cut, paste, then re-name my edited bones into the OS default skeleton. when i load up an outfit that uses the new bones, OS sees them and passes them on to the finished project.

i am getting a lot of CTDs and other issues still but i am still working things out.  feel free to use what i have learned and experiment for yourself.

Dunno why I never saw this thread before, but I posted way back how to do this and had an outfit done, but due to physics being messed up because collision shapes would not fit the slidermorphs I decided against uploading it.

I mean if you can work around that annoying bug that could glitch the entire outfit then yea these methods work:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25180-unofficial-bodyslide-2outfit-studio-tutorials/?p=705193

I guess if you made the Collision shapes static meshes as well and conformed them as well, then you could make a proper conversion without messing up physics. But that's too much manual work lol.

Anyway, good luck!

P.S. Max Script for Bodyslide will be done soon hopefully so eventually you could also just try using that as well.

i dont care so much about the collisions...  its the physics motion im interested in.  for example...  i dont mind that my anal beads pass thropugh my thigh once in a while, so long as they swing when i walk.

EDIT:

i read the post you linked above...  the first part is pretty much what i am doing.  but, as i mentioned , max skeleton exports are bad.  none have worked right.  i asked groovtama about it and he said not to edit a skeleton in max.  use nifskope.  so far, i have added 54 bones to the skeleton.  mostly positioned for dress/skirt/tail/ etc.  i am considering adding more, possibly along the wrist/ankle area for chains etc.  there are still issues involved though.  sometimes the entire nif is crushed.  other times it ctd.  still others look fine, but the hdt parts are frozen in place.

i dont care so much about the collisions...  its the physics motion im interested in.  for example...  i dont mind that my anal beads pass thropugh my thigh once in a while, so long as they swing when i walk.

EDIT:

i read the post you linked above...  the first part is pretty much what i am doing.  but, as i mentioned , max skeleton exports are bad.  none have worked right.  i asked groovtama about it and he said not to edit a skeleton in max.  use nifskope.  so far, i have added 54 bones to the skeleton.  mostly positioned for dress/skirt/tail/ etc.  i am considering adding more, possibly along the wrist/ankle area for chains etc.  there are still issues involved though.  sometimes the entire nif is crushed.  other times it ctd.  still others look fine, but the hdt parts are frozen in place.

I remember there was a way I did this, but I've honestly forgotten, it was such a long time ago :/

But yea, I suggest you just try the .obj way instead then. It's a lot faster and cleaner than what sounds like your method lol.

What's important is the vertex count of the morphs and their order. So take your meshes in max, make them nif's. Dunno if the release version of Outfit Studio allows for the loading of unweighted Nif's. If not, just load the nif's back into 3dsMax, and export them out as .obj (you need to make sure you have the options set right, let me know if you need Outfit Studio obj export settings) and then you can simply load the object in Outfit Studio, do the slider stuff and use save as.

Then it's just a bunch of manual work to get the bsd's matched up to your weighted nif and all that jazz.

Or you could skip all that and try using the maxscript to compile the project xml file and the BSD's together. I posted a maxscript for it over on my citrus thread.

(Important: convert meshes to NIF format FIRST!!! And then reload the nifs into Max. This is important because nif exporter changes vertex order and count to split UV edges in models. And usually people model with contiguous models with doble sided UV edges instead of single unwelded edges.)

for those following this, i had some limited success today! I edited the tail on the xenocite armor for hdt. sent it through the outfit studio and put it on in game.  the armor showed up in game, the weight was adjustable without exploding the armor, and the HDT physics were present. the downside is rather apparent in the following video.

HDT_BodySlide Hybrid.rar

here is what it is supposed to look like.  this is a single weight  version...

http://youtu.be/YmOPXs-2c60

so, it looks like it is definitely possible to have HDT+bodyslide outfits, i just need to fix the skeleton i am using.  if anyone knows how to do that...  let me know, please.

for those following this, i had some limited success today! I edited the tail on the xenocite armor for hdt. sent it through the outfit studio and put it on in game.  the armor showed up in game, the weight was adjustable without exploding the armor, and the HDT physics were present. the downside is rather apparent in the following video.

attachicon.gifHDT_BodySlide Hybrid.rar

here is what it is supposed to look like.  this is a single weight  version...

http://youtu.be/YmOPXs-2c60

so, it looks like it is definitely possible to have HDT+bodyslide outfits, i just need to fix the skeleton i am using.  if anyone knows how to do that...  let me know, please.

Got your pm. What's the "rather apparent" downside there? the clipping into the legs?

I'd think that adding collision would solve it. Look at the 'collision setup' threads around here. 

i would help you so much guys but i have no expirience with bodyslide, nif scope and 3ds max im so sorry :(

just a little photoshop.

so i hope there is some one that could do this.

delilah that video looks Great i think its  a step in the right direction :)

thanks, but i posted the wrong video in the archive...  check the post above this one ond let me know what you think.

@Delilah

im sorry xD

i tought the other video is it :)

ok its in the game like you said but i wonder why is it over your body and not on your body?

are this in the video just bbp, tbbp or hdt with Belly?

@Monsto

we (ok not we, the other) trying to fit the hdt physics clothes/armors too bodyslide and i tought you could help a little because you working lot with hdt physics

i think you saw the wrong video like me its the other video in the rar file xD

again sorry for bad english :(

small update...  i think the issue is not with outfit studio but rather with the skeleton and/or 3ds max and the niftools plugin.  the reason i say this is i decided to import the xenocite tail from the video above and use it to play with some rigging and skinning methods...  when i imported the models, everything looked fine except for the tail.  it was all folded and shit.  the other pieces looked fine.  when i turn off the skin modifier, the tail looks normal again.

http://youtu.be/LUlkrKkZxn8

so, i gotta figure out what is causing that.

Archived