9 hours ago, valcon767 said:

the "player is not vulnerable to rape" is the status of the player at the exact time it was checked.

yes some of those mods can, depending on exact circumstances temporarily block Cursed Loot events (including rape)

Great info.  Thank you very much.  :smile:

9 minutes ago, countcrapula said:

I can't install the mod at all; I've put in every single prerequisite into NMM, but when I try to activate the mod, it just says "The mod was not activated." Is there any way I can tell why this happens?

You probably have a mod installed that allows child followers or makes children killable.

22 hours ago, nigwriter said:

Running into a weird issue.  I have rape enabled, but on the status window, it says that "Player is not vulnerable to rape".  I meet all the requirements as set in the MCM, I've even tried importing my default settings, but that status does not change.

Mods I'm also using include...

Death Alternative

Devious Devices

Deviously Enslaved

Deviously Helpless

Devious Helpers

Devious Framework w/ DFW Support

Captured Dreams

Simple Slavery

SL Kidnapped

SL Adventures

SD+

Prison Overhaul Patched

Skooma Whore

and SexLab Defeat

Would there be a setting in any of these which would block the DCL rape mechanic?

Something to look into:

I found that the Leon quest, and potentially other quests from the mod, seem to put some features into a standby state in which the traps will not trigger and the "vulnerable to rape" is not applied until the quest is completed.  I think this was done intentionally to not interrupt or cause complications with the play through of the quest.

If you started any of the quests from the mod, try finishing them and you might find those things start working again.

In my case, I started the Leon quest and completed it but had other issues afterwards with the ending I chose so I rolled back to an earlier save (still within the early stages of the quest) to put it aside for later.  I played regularly for about 12 real hours after that before deciding something was definitely wrong with the traps and attacks not triggering.  I decided to finish the quest again to see if that was the cause and as soon as I completed it the features immediately started working again.

1 hour ago, SoulCrystal said:

Something to look into:

I found that the Leon quest, and potentially other quests from the mod, seem to put some features into a standby state in which the traps will not trigger and the "vulnerable to rape" is not applied until the quest is completed.  I think this was done intentionally to not interrupt or cause complications with the play through of the quest.

If you started any of the quests from the mod, try finishing them and you might find those things start working again.

In my case, I started the Leon quest and completed it but had other issues afterwards with the ending I chose so I rolled back to an earlier save (still within the early stages of the quest) to put it aside for later.  I played regularly for about 12 real hours after that before deciding something was definitely wrong with the traps and attacks not triggering.  I decided to finish the quest again to see if that was the cause and as soon as I completed it the features immediately started working again.

Well that's interesting, because it just so happened that I got Simple Slavery'd into the Leah version of the quest, and I believe that's when the trouble started happening.  Unfortunately for me, I was impatient to get back to the main quest, so I just opted for the "End Player Slavery" dialogue option.  I can't be certain, but that may very well be when the trouble started.  I'll try playing out the full quest and see if it fixes things.  Thanks very much for the info.

probably a stupid question but i'm trying to use the captured princess start and I cannot figure out how.  I have alternate start, ccas, and lal but I don't see which option starts with captured princess.  when I go to the Lal dialogue tree the only options are various difficulty settings.  please assist.

I don't think you need CCAS for the Captured Princess start. Saying that I don't think using CCAS should stop CP either.

Where exactly do you get this difficulty option? The statue of Mara should just give you a list of starts to choose from, one of which is something like 'I'm a captured princess about to be sold into slavery"

Hi, I have done the Leon quest and my PC ended up enslaved to Leon at the end, which is fine.

But I tried to leave the house, to see if the collar would prevent me - it didn't - and now I can't find Leon again. He wasn't back in his house.

Is there a way of "finding" Leon again. I tried to teleport Leon to me, but I only get the normal Leon dialogue, not Master Leon.

Any console fixes available? Unfortunately I saved over the game, so I would have to go back to a much earlier save.

Bit of a bug here...

In Shroud Hearth Barrows:

• Defeated by draugr, past the locked door after swinging blades.
  • DCL Combat surrender ports me to the start of the dungeon.
  • My stuff has been stolen.
  • It's on a (dead) draugr, back where I was defeated. The moron walked into a trap while raping me. (Unexpectedly, DCL handles this case more or less ok).

Perfect! All makes sense. And for once, the gear retrieval quest is actually possible, and not some hopeless thing where a random spawn took it then stopped existing right away.

Except it's not, the door into that area is behind a locked iron door that requires a lootable KEY and the KEY was stolen by the "gear thief".

Thieves shouldn't steal door keys. Should they?

The only way I could fix this was to tcl through the door, kill the draugr, loot my stuff back, and then unlock the door again.

If this had happened in a slightly different circumstance, I would have been stuck with quit and reload.

I guess that dungeon keys aren't always tagged as quest items. This one probably should be, but it isn't.

In any case, if the item has the word "key" in its name, and lacks a DD keyword, maybe best not to remove it?

7 hours ago, countcrapula said:

I should have been clearer. The _only_ other mods I have installed are the prerequisites. I'm so confused.

Actually I misread your post.  Your problem is apparently with Nexus Mod Mangler which is refusing to activate the mod and not in the mod itself which it is refusing to activate.

Sorry but I stopped using that POS years ago so I really cannot help you with whatever bug it's showing now.

5 hours ago, centurian said:

Hi, I have done the Leon quest and my PC ended up enslaved to Leon at the end, which is fine.

But I tried to leave the house, to see if the collar would prevent me - it didn't - and now I can't find Leon again. He wasn't back in his house.

Is there a way of "finding" Leon again. I tried to teleport Leon to me, but I only get the normal Leon dialogue, not Master Leon.

Any console fixes available? Unfortunately I saved over the game, so I would have to go back to a much earlier save.

Keep in mind that there are two Leons (two Leahs too). Only one of them has the Master dialog, while the other is used for the punishment sequences. Make sure you port in the correct version.

8 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Bit of a bug here...

In Shroud Hearth Barrows:

• Defeated by draugr, past the locked door after swinging blades.
  • DCL Combat surrender ports me to the start of the dungeon.
  • My stuff has been stolen.
  • It's on a (dead) draugr, back where I was defeated. The moron walked into a trap while raping me. (Unexpectedly, DCL handles this case more or less ok).

Perfect! All makes sense. And for once, the gear retrieval quest is actually possible, and not some hopeless thing where a random spawn took it then stopped existing right away.

Except it's not, the door into that area is behind a locked iron door that requires a lootable KEY and the KEY was stolen by the "gear thief".

Thieves shouldn't steal door keys. Should they?

The only way I could fix this was to tcl through the door, kill the draugr, loot my stuff back, and then unlock the door again.

If this had happened in a slightly different circumstance, I would have been stuck with quit and reload.

I guess that dungeon keys aren't always tagged as quest items. This one probably should be, but it isn't.

In any case, if the item has the word "key" in its name, and lacks a DD keyword, maybe best not to remove it?

I know the exact spot you are referring to.  You can loot that key off the drauger *OR JUST PICK THE DOOR LOCK*.  I think it's maybe rated as Expert difficulty for picking.  So the key you mention is not a quest item.  (Of course, if you have no lockpick you'll have to leave to find some).

7 hours ago, WaxenFigure said:

Actually I misread your post.  Your problem is apparently with Nexus Mod Mangler which is refusing to activate the mod and not in the mod itself which it is refusing to activate.

Sorry but I stopped using that POS years ago so I really cannot help you with whatever bug it's showing now.

Thank you. I dragged the files in myself and it worked perfectly. 

3 hours ago, rjn said:

I know the exact spot you are referring to.  You can loot that key off the drauger *OR JUST PICK THE DOOR LOCK*.  I think it's maybe rated as Expert difficulty for picking.  So the key you mention is not a quest item.  (Of course, if you have no lockpick you'll have to leave to find some).

No. No you cannot pick the lock. It is game-keyed door, and cannot be picked.

It did not offer me a pick locks option. You get the "THIS DOOR REQUIRES A KEY" message when you activate it.

And I had picks, the thief didn't steal those.

Immediately, after finding that door locked in my face, I went up and picked the MASTER level lock on the door at the top of the stairs to get the loot chest, in the hope there might be another door key in there. But there wasn't. Trust me, I can manage lock picking.

13 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I would think unlocking the door via the console also would work as a work-around.

23 hours ago, Fredfish said:

I don't think you need CCAS for the Captured Princess start. Saying that I don't think using CCAS should stop CP either.

Where exactly do you get this difficulty option? The statue of Mara should just give you a list of starts to choose from, one of which is something like 'I'm a captured princess about to be sold into slavery"

I talked to the mara statue, there was a large list of options.  one was something like, "I have escaped from my master" or something like that.  After selecting that option I was asked what kind of a master was he ranging from kind to cruel.  Kind=fewer devices, cruel = more devices.  I'm 99% sure that this dialogue option is from the Live a devious life resurrection since all it does is start you off with some bondage devices and it wasn't there before.  the key thing was what option started the captured princess quest and now I know that for whatever reason it isn't there.  I don't suppose you know the mod requirements for the captured princess start?  I'm going to try removing a couple of the alternative start addons and see what happens.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, griffinjohn59 said:

one was something like, "I have escaped from my master"

That's SD+

The DCL princess start is a stand alone option.

Make sure you actually have the DCL LAL plugin installed in your LO. It needs to be pretty much last, after LAL itself.

22 hours ago, Slagblah said:

Keep in mind that there are two Leons (two Leahs too). Only one of them has the Master dialog, while the other is used for the punishment sequences. Make sure you port in the correct version.

Yes, that helped. I was also using the wrong console command and creating a clone of Leon, rather than teleporting Leon to me.

Still don't get the Leah/Leon slavery quests. I always seem to be able to end the slavery whenever I want, even from the outset - probably don't understand the disposition settings enough.

Thanks

13 minutes ago, centurian said:

Still don't get the Leah/Leon slavery quests. I always seem to be able to end the slavery whenever I want, even from the outset - probably don't understand the disposition settings enough.

Are you referring to the option that has "[End player slavery]" at the end? That has "debug" in its editor ID, which leads me to believe that it's just there in case of emergency.

1 hour ago, chaimhewast said:

Are you referring to the option that has "[End player slavery]" at the end? That has "debug" in its editor ID, which leads me to believe that it's just there in case of emergency.

Yes, that's the one. I was expecting for it to be refused if my disposition is not high enough, but it always ends the slavery.

Is there another dialogue option that will only appear when disposition is high enough?

After 685 hours of play-through I was finally going to delete Skyrim because it usually takes a lot of my free-time that I could invest doing something better... and then I decided to install this mod...

Guess I'll won't be deleting skyrim in the next month.