13 minutes ago, -Caden- said:

"Q: Will this mod ever support male player characters?
A: No. Blame it on me being lazy or on the general lack of interest of the LL community in DD support for males. It's also just fair, because the gaming industry is making me play guy characters in their games all the time and I don't like that either."

i can always localize the mod so you can add your male dialogue, as you did in DF.

And as @Pfiffy said, there's always DD for him for the devices.
Speaking of DF... version 1.53 needs the male dialogue redone. i wasn't able to salvage enough between versions to re-apply it properly.

2 minutes ago, CGi said:

i can always localize the mod so you can add your male dialogue, as you did in DF.

Speaking of DF... version 1.53 needs the male dialogue redone. i wasn't able to salvage enough between versions to re-apply it properly.

I guess there are few more mods, that I have to take a look at....

26 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

Wasn't there a DD for him?

I thought DD for Him hadn't been updated for 4.0's keyword changes and caused problems due to overwriting DD assets/scripts.  I could be wrong however, but I seem to recall that mod being a contributor to "broken" DD installs directly after 4.0 was fully released. 

If it has been/could be updated to work with 4.0/4.1 it would provide some limited male DD support - obviously DD has progressed well beyond the scope that mod was trying to cover however with the inclusion of so many more devices, some of which definitely would not work on a male character or require heavy mesh editing to make sense (breast bondage yoke?/Curvy full body Hobble Dress?).

DD for Him's modpage does boldly advertise:

THIS MOD NEEDS ADOPTING
There are still a few parts of the mod that needs improving that I won't get around to myself. If you're wishing to get into modding or expand your mod portfolio, please feel free to adopt this mod.

So those interested would at least have a decent starting point in the quest to add male support to DD.  The problem is the monumental time/effort such a project would involve, which I imagine is the reason the main DD team has zero interest in attempting it themselves.

12 minutes ago, -Caden- said:

A: No. Blame it on me being lazy or on the general lack of interest of the LL community in DD support for males. It's also just fair, because the gaming industry is making me play guy characters in their games all the time and I don't like that either."

First off appreciate your work and everyone involved in all the work put into the DD series, but to be very forward about the statement " general lack of interest of the LL community in DD support for males" is a bullshit statement, its not "lack of interest", its lack of modders supporting more than one gender.( So people want to make a mod and use DD for a dependency for there mod so they have to go female only as well)

This not a bitch statement, its just calling BS, a lot of players are not given the choice to play anything but a female character because of the modders choice to only go one way with the mods.

Unfortunately I am unable to use this mod along with others as people have requested that I have DD hook into Radiant Prostitution/Gigolo, but I will not be able to do that do to the BS reasons of why it is not Male supported. "Blame it on me being lazy", ok that one I will give to you, modders get burnt out and that I do understand and agree with but "because the gaming industry is making me play guy characters in their games all the time and I don't like that either." that is a cop-out, and out of control of every modder and gamer on here.

With that said, again this was not meant to bash your work, because your work is great, and much appreciated, but using the "I will not support males because of some BS excuse" is exactly that..BS!

Just my two cents..I am sure I will get backlash or be called a racist or bigot for giving my opinion ..haha but oh well it needed to be said.

Hey its your mod, and your choices, but you miss out on a lot of people who would use it here and support your Patreon!

Have a great day.

I am finding myself in agreement with this post. I cannot find enjoyment in Skyrim, playing a F/ Dragonborn. So, I am really at a loss here.  It' been said......"Make your own" So that's what I am doing......well, attempting... since I'm not very good at it. I am finding myself needeing to go back and lean to script from scratch.

But yeah, I would love to see how Leah would handle a M / Dragonborn. (That wasn't a request, I was just sayin)

7 minutes ago, bishlapped said:

I am finding myself in agreement with this post. I cannot find enjoyment in Skyrim, playing a F/ Dragonborn. So, I am really at a loss here.  It' been said......"Make your own" So that's what I am doing......well, attempting... since I'm not very good at it. I am finding myself needeing to go back and lean to script from scratch.

But yeah, I would love to see how Leah would handle a M / Dragonborn. (That wasn't a request, I was just sayin)

I think you will find a lot of help online - from video tutorials, to asking specific questions in the forum.

One of your best resources is looking at code doing something similar to what you want to do.

Honestly, it is not that hard. For my own use, I started by modifying existing mods. And learning is good!

18 minutes ago, bishlapped said:

if you really want to pull through with this then remove DCL's lockdown - that disables DCL completly in case of a male character - first.

Afterwards it's mostly dialogue and a few devices that need replacing imo.

Is it possible to remove the console functionality while locked in Devious Devices?
I have always had the problem of just using the console to escape if things were too hard. I don't know how hard that would be, but would think this could be a nice addition. Maybe put it under Debug and it is disabled by default. That way you can experience true hardcore Devious Devices.

21 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

I thought DD for Him hadn't been updated for 4.0's keyword changes and caused problems due to overwriting DD assets/scripts.  I could be wrong however, but I seem to recall that mod being a contributor to "broken" DD installs directly after 4.0 was fully released. 

If it has been/could be updated to work with 4.0/4.1 it would provide some limited male DD support - obviously DD has progressed well beyond the scope that mod was trying to cover however with the inclusion of so many more devices, some of which definitely would not work on a male character or require heavy mesh editing to make sense (breast bondage yoke?/Curvy full body Hobble Dress?).

DD for Him's modpage does boldly advertise:

THIS MOD NEEDS ADOPTING
There are still a few parts of the mod that needs improving that I won't get around to myself. If you're wishing to get into modding or expand your mod portfolio, please feel free to adopt this mod.

So those interested would at least have a decent starting point in the quest to add male support to DD.  The problem is the monumental time/effort such a project would involve, which I imagine is the reason the main DD team has zero interest in attempting it themselves.

Well, in some cases it would be just a bit more degrading to put a male into a female role by letting him wear female clothes. From that aspect, there will not be so much left, that needs real editing. A lot of silly things can simply be done with KGTools. And ballet shoes for man are the same as for woman. The main problem I see is, that it would be hell of a work to get a seperate mod to the state ddx 4.1 and keeping track with the devolpment. It would be easier if the DD Team takes this into their own hands and stays in control over the files. Which would also mean, that there are no longer any compatibility issues. 

Lacking interest / LL demand... Well, if i see a mod that genderspecific and doesn't fit to my way of playing, I usually don't read any further. I don't think that I'm alone with that. I don't think that there is no demand, It is just not shown, because : 

This statement is closing the door.

Just a few thoughts about that...The worst thing that I could imagine is that someone does an independent male-only version, that's conflicting with DD. 

1 hour ago, fred200 said:

I think you will find a lot of help online - from video tutorials, to asking specific questions in the forum.

One of your best resources is looking at code doing something similar to what you want to do.

Honestly, it is not that hard. For my own use, I started by modifying existing mods. And learning is good!

I've actually started this already. I'm using, Submissive Lola, a mod that was formally abandoned by the author. I'm attempting to re work it with this goal in mind. I've had rather limited success in accomplishing what I want. But still some. 

1 hour ago, Estorio said:

Is it possible to remove the console functionality while locked in Devious Devices?
I have always had the problem of just using the console to escape if things were too hard. I don't know how hard that would be, but would think this could be a nice addition. Maybe put it under Debug and it is disabled by default. That way you can experience true hardcore Devious Devices.

There is a mod called Devious Anticheat in loverslab.

You can set it up to punish console use for acquiring keys. It has a hardcore mod too. But be careful you can break your game permanently if you set it up wrong.

2 hours ago, CGi said:

I will get it done for you in the next couple days, and yes DD for him was last updated a year ago, that was not my point, was just the reasoning of not supporting males seemed out there a little, but its all good, not my mod, but If no one else is able to take over DD for him, I might once work inn RL slows down a bit

2 hours ago, fred200 said:

Modders make mods that they enjoy.

If your tastes run differently - go make a mod and share it with others of like tastes. Nothing stopping you - except inertia.

Yes and no, a few other modders right now making mods, are not supporting certain genders because the dependent mod they need do no allow for both genders, so it goes in a circle, again I am not arguing that is not the right of the mod creator to make the mod the way they want, just don't give a bunch of BS as to why you do not support both genders..that's all

46 minutes ago, -Caden- said:

I will get it done for you in the next couple days, and yes DD for him was last updated a year ago, that was not my point, was just the reasoning of not supporting males seemed out there a little, but its all good, not my mod, but If no one else is able to take over DD for him, I might once work inn RL slows down a bit

Take your time.

And don't forget that modders create mods they like to play in the first place. Making them public is a decission we should respect because it always comes with a backlash.

i would like to see more gender conditional dialogue too but i want to see new content as well and a modders day doesn't have more hours then ours nor is their life less complex. But at least we can contribute, so if i would like to see more conditional dialogue this urgently, then i would create it in a mergable form so i can reapply it when needed or give it to the mod author so it may become a part of the mod itself.

it's rare that we don't have multiple solutons at our disposal, it's just that time limits us.

30 minutes ago, Hiderius said:

compatible with frostfall

It's not a hard incompatibility. Just a soft one. The thing is, that you will probably be naked for many hours/days while playing DCL. If FF is active, you'll die pretty soon the way.

To play compatible: either be immune to the cold, the ice and the snow or simply switch of the temperature processing in FF. Done. Switch it back on, when you are not doing any DCL quests and are clothed again.

Enjoy playing ;)

4 minutes ago, worik said:

It's not a hard incompatibility. Just a soft one. The thing is, that you will probably be naked for many hours/days while playing DCL. If FF is active, you'll die pretty soon the way.

To play compatible: either be immune to the cold, the ice and the snow or simply switch of the temperature processing in FF. Done. Switch it back on, when you are not doing any DCL quests and are clothed again.

Enjoy playing ;)

true on that, just something I was wondering no big deal not missing out on anything. I do have multiple profiles on MO that if I want to use frostfall I can switch to that

13 minutes ago, CGi said:

Take your time.

And don't forget that modders create mods they like to play in the first place. Making them public is a decission we should respect because it always comes with a backlash.

i would like to see more gender conditional dialogue too but i want to see new content as well and a modders day doesn't have more hours then ours nor is their life less complex. But at least we can contribute, so if i would like to see more conditional dialogue this urgently, then i would create it in a mergable form so i can reapply it when needed or give it to the mod author so it may become a part of the mod itself.

it's rare that we don't have multiple solutons at our disposal, it's just that time limits us. 

very good point, sometimes I forget that, that's my bad, thanks ?

10 minutes ago, -Caden- said:

very good point, sometimes I forget that, that's my bad, thanks ?

We're humans so we're hypocrits by nature. And seeing what most mod authors are giving us and implement by request, we sometimes forget not only to take and request but to give as well ... even if it's "only" a thank you or understanding the situation one is in.
But admitting having done a mistake is a sign of strength i do admire. So you have my respect for that because it's not an easy thing to do for most.

4 hours ago, bishlapped said:

There are a couple of really good tools used primarily for translating mods that also are exceptionally good for fixing or altering any text in a mod to make it fit how you want it to go.  They won't let you add new stuff but they will allow you to alter pretty much every existing text so you can change text that isn't right so that it is.

Just make it a patch to the mod so you don't have to redo the work if there's a new release, then you'll only have to update it.

1 hour ago, WaxenFigure said:

There are a couple of really good tools used primarily for translating mods that also are exceptionally good for fixing or altering any text in a mod to make it fit how you want it to go.  They won't let you add new stuff but they will allow you to alter pretty much every existing text so you can change text that isn't right so that it is.

Just make it a patch to the mod so you don't have to redo the work if there's a new release, then you'll only have to update it.

You mean outside of TESVEdit? Or are you referring to TESVEDit? I am aware that there are script packages for the utility, but I am not overly familiar with them.

"[NPC] rolls his eyes at your attention whoring". Where is this line added? I want to change it but I couldn't find it in TES5Edit.

The problem is that it's a modern term that doesn't fit the setting or a situation where aggressors undress you against your will.  You also have to consider the fact that you might cover yourself in shame. Then "attention whoring" isn't really what you are doing. A better line would be "Is surprised by your naked body" which would work for all situations.

Is the rubber gloves bug reported yet ?
they have options try sscape and endure bound, these are simply swapped.
But after selecting endure bound, succesfuly unlocking them with hands restraint's key, the gloves remein linked in inventory...
That might be on purpose, so im asking, could we unlink the gloves when we get free of them ? Dont feel like putting them on when they are linked already :D