43 minutes ago, Kimy said:

Cursed Loot picks animations via the DD framework, which again selects fitting bound animations from its own registry when needed. It's not a great idea to register bound animations in SexLab as this would result in them getting randomly picked even when no character is bound. When no character is wearing devices that would hinder sex, DD -will- pick random animations from SexLab, including these you registered via SLAL. The bound animations are used only for bound characters.

So would the trick on the next Cursed Loot update be for it to add DD restraints to players or followers if Sexlab then defaulted to picking a 'bound' animation from those it has registered? 

You could sell it as 'That's one small bind for a player, one giant bound for the game' 

Er, apologies to Neil Armstrong etc...    \I'll get my coat

17 minutes ago, nightwolf said:

It's not a problem for me, because I can control the available animations with SexLab and change to any animation I want during sex. So how do I override the settings so the animation is picked from ALL available animations? This is the only way to get bound animations from Funnybizness for example, while wearing handcuffs, which would still work. I tried disabling the animations filter in DD but it doesn't have any effect.

DD doesn't support picking bound animations from the general SexLab registry, because it's not good practice to register bound animations there in the first place. If you do, they will get randomly picked even when no actor is bound. Which looks pretty silly.

PS: I'd have added Funnybiz's animations to the DD registry, but the only ones he showed me back then were for creatures, and DD cannot handle creature animations.

1 hour ago, Kimy said:

DD doesn't support picking bound animations from the general SexLab registry, because it's not good practice to register bound animations there in the first place. If you do, they will get randomly picked even when no actor is bound. Which looks pretty silly.

PS: I'd have added Funnybiz's animations to the DD registry, but the only ones he showed me back then were for creatures, and DD cannot handle creature animations.

If that happens for my character I have a rope binding in my inventory that I manually equip, and for NPC vs NPC I don't really care since I haven't enabled that feature. FunnyBizness has a lot of animations, and most are for humanoids. Only some of them are bound, and those are in a separate category that you don't even have to install. Can I register his animations in DD, and how?

I also tried the Shopping Quest to get money for removing my armbinder, and while the idea is great, I have to say I'm a little disappointed by how it's implemented. I had to go to 5 different shopkeepers only to get 50g, and I could even do it with the same shopkeeper twice in a row(better to just whore myself out imo). I suggest shortening the quest to 1 or 2 shops, or make it configurable in the MCM. If it's possible, could you also block the latest chosen shop from being chosen again?

Something else that doesn't make sense is that all female shopkeepers are lesbian, but if you add the setting I suggested, you could also add a chance for them to reject you based on sexuality, or just exclude alchemy stores from the quest, since those often have a female shopkeeper. The quest would still be doable with a lower setting, and you would have a quest that makes sense in every aspect.

I am running along at 60 fps, and then just stop for a moment, and then continue, this happens a lot, so I check the debug low end system setting to see if that helps, but nope! I actually could not see any real difference the tick made.

This is only mod I have ever had this happen in.

I am only running DCL in a profile with nothing Else except it's dependency's, and clothing mod's.

I assume you must be running a lot of Scanning or something for when player does this or that, would it be possible rather than cloak, or scanning all the time to have scripted for event like opened door, opened chest, picked Plant, what ever to decrease the scanning maybe ? ( I am assuming it is a cloak, or scanning Problem )

It plays fine, stuff happens like it should ( I stay 60 FPS, but the occasional pause's are discouraging.  I never had this problem with your mod in pre 4.0 version's. I was just wondering if you might come up with a way to stream line some of the scanning, if that is indeed what might be causing the problem for Me.

Just wondering.

quick question, what happens when you unlock one of the bound girls? (i think last time, after unlocking she disappeared)

just started a new play through and they walk around naked

edit (note im not experiencing any problems, just asking a simple question) 

3 hours ago, nightwolf said:

If that happens for my character I have a rope binding in my inventory that I manually equip, and for NPC vs NPC I don't really care since I haven't enabled that feature. FunnyBizness has a lot of animations, and most are for humanoids. Only some of them are bound, and those are in a separate category that you don't even have to install. Can I register his animations in DD, and how?

You don't need to register any non-bound animations. DD will defer animation selection to SexLab whenever there are no bound characters in an animation, so your entire selection will get used.

8 hours ago, Kimy said:

You don't need to register any non-bound animations. DD will defer animation selection to SexLab whenever there are no bound characters in an animation, so your entire selection will get used.

You don't seem to understand what I'm asking here. I can force DD to select from all available animations by disabling animation filtering, even if there is a bound actor in the scene, but Cursed Loot overrides my DD settings, which gives me 4 available armbinder animations. I need a way to disable the restrictions that Cursed Loot put on bound actors please, even if I have to mod to do it.

I don't need recommendations on what will look good etc. I can take care of that part. For example a bound animation from Funnybiz or Leito will work just fine when wearing cuffs, or even an armbinder.

2 minutes ago, nightwolf said:

You don't seem to understand what I'm asking here. Can I force DD to select from all available animations, even if there is a bound actor in the scene? Impossible? I don't need recommendations on what will look good etc. I can take care of that part.

Use SexLab Tools or disable all animation you don't want to see in SL.
And you can ofc disable the filter for bound animations in DD and ZAP.

54 minutes ago, CGi said:

Use SexLab Tools or disable all animation you don't want to see in SL.
And you can ofc disable the filter for bound animations in DD and ZAP.

That doesn't work, because the framework only gives me one animation for a bound scene, even if I disable the filter in DD. I'm using the animation list you can bring up with Defeat installed by pressing 0. It works for all situations, and it shows only one animation when bound. I just need a way to disable the DD settings from Cursed Loot without shutting down the whole mod. Let the players pick their own settings.

13 hours ago, Kimy said:

@Kimy

Is there any way that next time your 'registry''could be made into something for users to be able to control on a day to day basis, rather than you having to maintain some ever changing list of options, to be varied on occasional updates?

For instance, if I understand it correctly, in 'Rape Tattoos, you can create a json file(?), which the player can set the content of, by selecting tats from whatever mods they have in their data files, and that mod then selects an appropriate one - that the player has had a say in whether or not it has valid use to be seen in their game - to apply as and when triggered. 

A similar file, issued as part of DCUR, with your current base list included, but which people could add to or remove from using the animations they have registered in SexLab in their own games, from which you could then pull off a 'bound' animation, would be fine, wouldn't it? 

Of course, it would be entirely up to the player to ensure that such a file was managed properly for their game, so that would save you any hassle too

And it wouldn't interfere with the chance to pull off a consensual one from SexLab (although I think you would need to do a check that any random anim chosen on a default to Sexlab regd anims WASN'T already in the json, so that you avoided the players selection of 'bound' ones.  The player would, of course, still get some bound ones in those circs if they haven't added them to their json list, but that would be their choice

Is that a workable proposition without upsetting too much/doing a whole heap of work?

1 hour ago, nightwolf said:

That doesn't work, because the framework only gives me one animation for a bound scene, even if I disable the filter in DD. I'm using the animation list you can bring up with Defeat installed by pressing 0. It works for all situations, and it shows only one animation when bound. I just need a way to disable the DD settings from Cursed Loot without shutting down the whole mod. Let the players pick their own settings.

Defeat's MCM menu isn't "Sexlab Tools" in its entirety.  Yes, the version included with Defeat will only give you one option in the menu when trying to swap animations while under a filter.  However, the full version of Sexlab Tools allows for searching animations by tag or name to build a full new list - meaning you should be able to open a search for "bound" or "funnybiz" ect if it is installed to bypass this issue.  This also works for situations where a mod may be looking for a particular tag which limits your "0" menu options - searching for a new tag will refresh the list to the tag you entered.

I can't really make any recommendations beyond this, because if Cursed Loot is doing any extra filtering I don't notice it because I use the full version of Sexlab Tools to pick a new animation if I am unsatisfied.

13 hours ago, Kimy said:

It's not good practice to register bound animations there in the first place. If you do, they will get randomly picked even when no actor is bound. Which looks pretty silly.

I don't much mind it.  It's easy to imagine that a temporary binding has been used.  Sexlab does much silllier things than that.  Also, bondage makes everything better!  I agree with NightWolf that it's a minor irritation that DCL chooses from a relatively small pool of bound animations.

That said, I'm curious as to how you get this to work in practice.  I just register everything in SexLab.  It seems like it would be very time consuming to go through unregistering all the bound animations, and it would presumably need to be done for each new game.  In general I'm curious to know how other people manage their animations: there are such a huge number and some are better than others, so it would be great if I could just register the good ones, but I really don't care to go through them individually.

49 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

Defeat's MCM menu isn't "Sexlab Tools" in its entirety.  Yes, the version included with Defeat will only give you one option in the menu when trying to swap animations while under a filter.  However, the full version of Sexlab Tools allows for searching animations by tag or name to build a full new list - meaning you should be able to open a search for "bound" or "funnybiz" ect if it is installed to bypass this issue.  This also works for situations where a mod may be looking for a particular tag which limits your "0" menu options - searching for a new tag will refresh the list to the tag you entered.

I can't really make any recommendations beyond this, because if Cursed Loot is doing any extra filtering I don't notice it because I use the full version of Sexlab Tools to pick a new animation if I am unsatisfied.

Thanks, that was a good tip, and something that solves my issue. I still think Kimy could allow for more bound animations though. If you make the mod look for the bound tag instead of pulling from DD(can we just agree that those animations are bad?) , it would be great. I don't see the point of having this mod override the DD settings. I think people can handle the responsibility of making settings that fit their game and their preferences.

36 minutes ago, Ytheria said:

I don't much mind it.  It's easy to imagine that a temporary binding has been used.  Sexlab does much silllier things than that.  Also, bondage makes everything better!  I agree with NightWolf that it's a minor irritation that DCL chooses from a relatively small pool of bound animations.

That said, I'm curious as to how you get this to work in practice.  I just register everything in SexLab.  It seems like it would be very time consuming to go through unregistering all the bound animations, and it would presumably need to be done for each new game.  In general I'm curious to know how other people manage their animations: there are such a huge number and some are better than others, so it would be great if I could just register the good ones, but I really don't care to go through them individually.

First of all I have SLAL, and I have learned what the animations look like from testing by starting several new games, due to mod updates and too many changes to my modlist. So I know what I animations I want in my game. I also knew that I didn't want the guro animations without testing, lol. I also have time to go through the list and make changes to it now and then if I want. It shouldn't take that much time tbh.

For people with limited time it's more difficult, but an SLAL pack would make it easier to install the animations at least. Then just play and see what the animations are. If you don't like an animation, change to something else and disable it in SexLab later. At some point you will have a list with only the animations that you want.

Until somebody... and I have grand ambitions but no time ... somebody ... sits down and writes a small, simple mod that knows the name of every animation by the popular creators, and the proper accurate information about what is in it, instead of haphazard tags that are easily misconstrued, practically every LL mod will continue to have problems with picking appropriate animations.

Once this resource exists, then mods can query it to find correct animations by criteria that allow the gender/humanity of each participant to be specified, along with that specific slot's binding type, type of participation (aggressive, passive, resisting, receptive).

Then, finally, SexLab will work with bondage, creatures and rape, in the way you would expect, instead of seeing Bound and Oral tags, and hilariously playing an animation where the rapist is bound and gives cunnilingus.

@nightwolf @Reesewow @Kimy

ok interesting usage report 

Player is naked and bound in an armbinder (Devious Followers IAS "deal" at level 3 produced this)

non DCL triggered sex scene # of available animations as per Defeat hotkey = 22 (Sexlab bound animation filter ON, over 100 with filter OFF)

DF IAS "deal", Sexlab Zzz (matchmaker alternative), and DEC triggered.

DCL triggered sex scene (misogyny) = 1 animation available (with Sexlab bound animation filter ON or OFF) and the animation is NOT registered in Sexlab (it is from the
       ZAZ Animation Pack) cannot change animations using Defeat Hotkey at all. 

using Sexlab Tools and changing the tag to "bound" i can change the animation, total available under this method = 17 (after changing the tag to only "bound" i can use 

the Defeat Hotkey to get the same 17 animations).

after changing the tag to "bound" with Sexlab Tools and changing the animation playing, the animation started initially by DCL does not show in the list of available

animations choices using Defeat Hotkey or Sexlab Tools.

DCL is choosing animation when bound (in my setup at least) by some list other than Sexlab registered animations (i did not register the ZAZ Animation Pack animations).

Solution to have access to more bound animations for DCL triggered scenes (at this time in my setup at least) is to use Sexlab Tools to change the animation tag (i use 

the "bound" tag) then change the animation.  perhaps not the best solution, but it is workable at least (for me anyway).

28 minutes ago, nightwolf said:

Thanks, that was a good tip, and something that solves my issue. I still think Kimy could allow for more bound animations though. If you make the mod look for the bound tag instead of pulling from DD(can we just agree that those animations are bad?) , it would be great. I don't see the point of having this mod override the DD settings. I think people can handle the responsibility of making settings that fit their game and their preferences.

DCL doesn't limit anything. All animations are pulled from SL and controlled by your DD and/or ZAP settings and are based on the installed animations.
Since you didn't understand me before and mixed up Sexlab Tools with Defeat, let me repeat: Disable the animation filter in DD and ZAP (only one should be active anyway).

This allows SL to choose freely from the available animations without DD or ZAP enforcing a specific animation type.

if this doesn't fullfill your needs then create your own SLAL JSON file with only the animations and tags you prefer and load only this one.

1 hour ago, CGi said:

DCL doesn't limit anything. All animations are pulled from SL and controlled by your DD and/or ZAP settings and are based on the installed animations.
Since you didn't understand me before and mixed up Sexlab Tools with Defeat, let me repeat: Disable the animation filter in DD and ZAP (only one should be active anyway).

This allows SL to choose freely from the available animations without DD or ZAP enforcing a specific animation type.

if this doesn't fullfill your needs then create your own SLAL JSON file with only the animations and tags you prefer and load only this one.

This is nothing new to me. I am going to use the same language as valcon767 here, because it becomes much clearer.

DCL triggered animation(shopping quest or rape): player wearing iron cuffs - filters in DD and ZaZ disabled. 

Number of available animations: 1 of the few that starts with DDZaP.

Radiant prostitution triggered animation: player wearing iron cuffs - filters in DD and ZaZ disabled - DCL shut down just in case. 

Number of animations available: all consensual animations from SL.

DCL doesn't limit anything? valcon proves(just above your comment) I'm not the only one experiencing this.

47 minutes ago, valcon767 said:

after changing the tag to "bound" with Sexlab Tools and changing the animation playing, the animation started initially by DCL does not show in the list of available

animations choices using Defeat Hotkey or Sexlab Tools.

DCL is choosing animation when bound (in my setup at least) by some list other than Sexlab registered animations (i did not register the ZAZ Animation Pack animations).

This behavior is normal - the DD/ZAP animations selected aren't registered in Sexlab as there would be a lot of animations you don't want to see normally (yoke or breast bondage animations without wearing the matching device ect).  Sexlab Tools doesn't look into the DD/ZAP animation files to built its lists, so you won't see the original animation when rebuilding the list using a "bound" tag - instead you'll get whatever SLAL animations you have that include that tag.

I do think it could be a cool feature to have a bit more control over specifically which DD/ZAP animation is playing when filtering does happen - but I think it would require a specialized version of Sexlab Tools.... Sexlab Devious Tools?   We have to remember that the whole animation selection thing ect is a 3rd party mod, as Sexlab itself only has the "next/previous" animation hotkeys.

3 hours ago, Ytheria said:

It's the opposite of that. If you register bound anims to SexLab, it would randomly use them for scenes when no character is even bound. So e.g. a character would have her arms in the armbinder pose, despite she isn't wearing an armbinder. It really looks silly. Yoke animations without yokes look worse.

The other scenario is bound actors performing sex acts impossible to do with the kind of bondage they are wearing. E.g. vaginal sex performed through a chastity belt. That's equally silly.

Why people would want either of that to happen is a little bit beyond me, actually. oO

But the second scenario can be allowed by disabling the DD animation filter in its MCM, if that's what you want. The first you can get done by registering ZAP's animation to SexLab.

DCL however, picks valid animations directly via DD. The MCM toggle won't affect it, because nothing actually gets filtered and the animations will always fit the context. I have honestly no intention to change that, because I don't see the point of intentionally letting a bondage mod pick animations not suitable for bondage.

That said, I'm curious as to how you get this to work in practice.  I just register everything in SexLab.  It seems like it would be very time consuming to go through unregistering all the bound animations,

There is only a handful of bound animations out there NOT in DD's registry. Namely the ones meant for "girl on creature" by Funnybizness. DD doesn't support creatures, which is why I never added them to DD. The only way to ever see them is disabling DD's filter and play with them registered to SexLab. DCL won't ever pick them either, of course.

I talked to Funnybiz a while back and told him I'd gladly add ANY non-creature bound animation to DD he'd throw my way, but he never seemed to be interested in it.

I have a bit of good news too, though: More bound animations is -totally- on our radar. The lack of variation of bound animations is one really sore spot in DD we want to tackle sooner rather than later.

In general I'm curious to know how other people manage their animations: there are such a huge number and some are better than others, so it would be great if I could just register the good ones, but I really don't care to go through them individually.

There is no really great way to organize SL animations. The way to do is picking your favorite animators and install their stuff, while skipping on those made by people you know to make stuff you don't care for.

20 hours ago, ereex said:

Would appreciate some help on this, if possible...

I managed to fix this by reinstalling Sexlabs and starting a new save. Looks like a script bugged out and I needed to reinstall it to fix it. Seems fine now. Sorry for bothering anyone.

3 hours ago, Kimy said:

It's the opposite of that. If you register bound anims to SexLab, it would randomly use them for scenes when no character is even bound. So e.g. a character would have her arms in the armbinder pose, despite she isn't wearing an armbinder. It really looks silly. Yoke animations without yokes look worse.

The other scenario is bound actors performing sex acts impossible to do with the kind of bondage they are wearing. E.g. vaginal sex performed through a chastity belt. That's equally silly.

If the first scenario happens I would either add a temporary binding to my character, imagining that they bound her, or I would simply switch to a more proper animation for the situation. It might not be immersive to pick animation yourself when bound, but I prefer that to watching an animation I don't want to see. You can also choose what animations you want available in SexLab, so ticking Yoke animations when you're not in a Yoke would just be stupid. Of course this requires some changes in MCM, but I don't mind adjusting mods to give the result I want, and I don't think other people do either. Most mods doesn't come shipped with settings or features that you like by default.

In the second case I wouldn't disable the filter, simply because I agree with you there.

With your settings in DCL that seem hardcoded, we are not given a choice and we have to use an extra mod like SexLab Tools to be able to choose bound animations from Sexlab. Why should you decide for other people what animations they get? How can you be satisfied with 4 boring animations when bound? That's what I want to know. Why not let us configure DD as we want instead of forcing a couple of settings that can't be changed?

I you agree with the second scenario (using unbound animations for bound actors) being undesirable, then let me tell you that you're making a whole lot of fuss over a HANDFUL of bound animations that DD won't use because of its lack of creature support. All other bound animations currently in circulation you can happily register to SexLab via ZAP and have it pick them in situations where they don't make any sense. Even DCL would use them! What DCL prevents (and what I have zero intention changing) is that it will NEVER pick unbound animations for situations requiring bound animations, and that's what you said you agree with getting filtered.

Generally: I am pretty sure that the very vast majority of users lets SexLab pick a random animation and sticks with it. My solution has to work for these people, and pick animations that fit the context, WITHOUT basically requiring them to manually override animations using 3rd party tools when the code picked silly ones. Also, you can't add "temporary bindings" to random SexLab animations after the animation all that easily. Most of the ones you would feel compelled to use would trigger code that would break the animation. Just saying.

PS: I am not satisfied having only a limited number of bound animations. As I said above, this is on our radar. But the solution isn't allowing misfit animations play in situations where they make zero sense, it's adding a greater choice of animations. And that's what we will do. In the meantime I am not going to waste my time writing code that would let my mod pick nonsensical animations.

Kimy,

Please forgive my ignorance, but the latter part of this thread has me completely confused.  From the perspective of you, the mod author, which settings *should* be used in DD, DCL, ZAP, and Sexlab to make sure that what animations you have intended to be used are actually being used.  I have DD, DCL, Sexlab, ZAP, and SLAL active in my load order and have manually disabled in SLAL and Sexlab those animations I don't care for.  But I have no idea what filtering settings you recommend, a recommendation I would like to follow.