House of the Redguard II - Official Mod Topic

DavideMitra

I know, my mod is an house mod and it is a specific one (it is developed for Redguards, wich are played by a very small number of people). But I'dd like to share my Work in Progress with all of the Skyrim modding community.

After the first attempt to bring a small piece of Hammerfell to the Skyrim Redguards ("House of the Redguard" - http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1186-house-of-the-redguard-by-davidemitra/ ), this time things are getting very serious.

The first project included a small single-room "house" that was located inside of an empty-panoramic-exterior building in Solitude.

This time, it will be a real manor.

Of course - as I made it when working to the first House of the Redguard - I succeded to beat my personal challenge: everything you will see in the pics is vanilla-made. That means I only used original meshes, textures and scripts. 

PS: As you will notice, a certain number of objects have been retextured...but I used original Skyrim textures!

Here's the project details:

- The manor will be located in Falkreath Hold - near the Hammerfell border-, in the middle of the nature. It will be accessible via Mountain Pass and it will be located in a small valley.

- This time, the house exterior will be Redguard-ish too (done)

- The house will have a big garden and will be protected by surrounding walls (done, but I have to finish some wall-particulars and I still have to fill two small garden areas)

- The garden will feature a lot of plants that will permit you to create damage health poisons - a tribute to Gothic III's Hashishin, a Varant population that was used to fight with poisoned swords - (done)

- The house will feature a Chapel of Satakal (one of the greatest Redguard Gods), that will be built in the garden area (done)

- This time, the manor will feature all of the crafting stations (done, but I don't know if I also have to add an enchanting altar...it doesn't sound great for a warrior)

- The house interior will be larger than the first one. It will also be improved and restyled. Old features will be imported to the new house. (done)

- The house will feature a small number of Redguard Guards (I think five) and two domestic sabre cats (cats are a tribute to Zuben's domestic lions in Ishtar - Gothic III). Maybe two Thalmor slaves who will take care of the garden...

- Dynamic Objects System will be improved. No more stupid small buttons. (done)

- The house will feature some tributes to the Gothic Saga (done, but I still have to add other ones!)

Now, it's time to show you some pictures. Here's what I've done...let's start with the house interior.

INTERIOR VIEW FROM ENTRANCE (the lamp vaguely resembles a Varant lamp - Gothic III. At the moment of the screenshot, the lamp was always on and still had no lighting effect: it was for representative use only. For the full version of the lamp, please go down until you will find it)

A__Interior_View_From_Entrance.jpg?async

KITCHEN AREA VIEW WITH "RELAX THEME"

B__Kitchen_Area_View_Relax_The.jpg?async

KITCHEN AREA VIEW WITH "EAT THEME"

C__Kitchen_Area_View_Eat_Theme.jpg?async

KITCHEN - WITH TANDOOR "ON" (the Tandoor is an ethnical cooking pot and it is used in all of the Middle-Eastern countries)

E__Kitchen_Tandoor_On.jpg?async&rand=0.9

LIVING AREA VIEW (the Hookah is a tribute to Gothic I, II and III. I think it's a must, because Redguards have a mixed culture that includes Middle-Eastern cultures too)

F__Living_Area_View.jpg?async&rand=0.835

SLEEPING AREA VIEW (the ships are a tribute to the Hammerfell island of Stros M'Kai)

G__Sleeping_Area_View.jpg?async&rand=0.5

ENTRANCE VIEW (that snake is a tribute to the Redguard God Satakal, wich is a Snake God)

H__View_of_the_Entrance.jpg?async&rand=0

CEILING VIEW

I__Ceiling_View.jpg?async&rand=0.2659436

WINDOW FROM INSIDE (BALCONIES OPENED)

J__Opened_Balconies_From_Insid.jpg?async

CLOSED BALCONIES FROM INSIDE

K__Closed_Balconies_From_Insid.jpg?async

OPENED BALCONIES FROM OUTSIDE

L__Opened_Balconies_From_Outsi.jpg?async

CLOSED BALCONIES FROM OUTSIDE

M__Closed_Balconies_From_Outsi.jpg?async

WARDROBE INTERIOR (it is the same of the old House of the Redguard, but I added a pic just in case you never had a look to that mod)

N__Wardrobe_Interior_View.jpg?async&rand

INTERIOR AT NIGHT - LAMP OFF

O__Interior_at_Night_-_Lamp_of.jpg?async

INTERIOR AT NIGHT - LAMP ON

P__Interior_at_Night_-_Lamp_on.jpg?async

Sorry for double posting, but I had to upload some other pictures. I reached the maximum number of pics in a post.

NOW I WILL SHOW YOU THE HOUSE EXTERIOR!!!

FRONT VIEW

P__Front_View.jpg?async&rand=0.171347327

BACK VIEW - STORAGE AREA

Q__Back_View_-_Storage_Area.jpg?async&ra

RIGHT VIEW - SMITHING AREA (Those wheels attached to the exterior wall are a tribute to Gothic III Varant houses. The weapons inside of a barrel are a tribute to Gothic I: Dark Mysteries, to Gothic II and to Gothic III)

R__Right_View_-_Smithing_Area.jpg?async&

LEFT VIEW - ALCHEMICAL AREA

S__Left_View_-_Alchemic_Area.jpg?async&r

FRONT GARDEN AREA

T__Front_Garden_Area_View.jpg?async&rand

FRONT GARDEN - ENTRANCE GATE PARTICULAR

P__Front_Gate_Particular.jpg?async&rand=

BACK GARDEN AREA (That building on the left is the Chapel of Satakal, one of the most important Redguard Gods...the Snake God)

U__Back_Garden_Area_View.jpg?async&rand=

SHRINE OF SATAKAL VIEW (The shrine vaguely resembles a Gothic III Shrine of Beliar...another tribute to the Gothic Saga)

V__Shrine_of_Satakal_View.jpg?async&rand

HOUSE VIEW FROM ENTRANCE GATE

X__House_View_from_Entrance_Ga.jpg?async

At the moment, I don't have other pics. For more updates (infos and photos), you might wait some weeks, because I don't have much spare time for modding.

Since I don't like double posting (sorry if I did it, but I had to show the exterior too), should I have some updates, I will not post them until I see at least one reply to this post.

PS: I'm not threatening anyone, but I think it's not a good idea to bump your own posts, expecially if no one cares about your work.

Thanks to everyone for your opinion! I really appreciate that!

UPDATE!

Here's what happened since my last post. Of course, new pics included!!!

- Added draining system to most of the house streets (this is a manor of a rich Redguard, and draining system was already used during the Medieval Era..so, please don't call it unrealistic).

- Finished the garden walls.

- Entrance gate area improved. Now it really looks tough and fortified!

- Do you remember of those two empty areas that were lying near the house? They are no longer empty: there's a swimming pool on the left and a garden area (for relax purposes) on the right!!!!

Practically, the manor has been completely finished. Now it will come the most difficult part: landscaping. (I'm not a landscaper but I will do my best!)

Here's some pics of my work:

THAT WAS THE OLD EMPTY GARDEN AREA ON THE RIGHT

AA__New_Garden_Area_on_the_Rig.jpg?async

PARTICULAR NEAR ONE OF THE BENCHES

BB__Particular_of_the_New_Gard.jpg?async

THAT WAS THE OLD EMPTY GARDEN AREA ON THE LEFT

CC__Swimming_Pool_Area_on_the_.jpg?async

SIT DOWN FURNITURE INCLUDED! (Do you remember of the panoramic furniture - 1st House of the Redguard project - ? Well...that's the same furniture!)

DD__Swimming_Pool_-_Relax_furn.jpg?async

ENTRANCE GATE AREA FROM INSIDE (Those pipes and the cauldron are part of the defensive hot-oil trap - for aesthetical purposes only)

EE__Entrance_Gate_from_Inside.jpg?async&

ENTRANCE GATE AREA FROM OUTSIDE (Those pipes are the terminal part of defensive hot-oil traps - for aesthetical purposes only)

FF__Entrance_Gate_from_Outside.jpg?async

HERE'S A PANORAMIC IMAGE OF THE DEFINITIVE VERSION OF THE MANOR INTERIOR AREA (Some objects - like some streets - are very far away from the Dovahkin, so, they might not look as they really are)

GG__The_manor_has_bee_finished.jpg?async

Since I don't like double posting, should I have some updates, I will not post them until I see at least one reply to this post.

PS: I'm not threatening anyone, but I think it's not a good idea to bump your own posts

hmm maybe add a few things.

1. redguard children in the hearthfire faction.

2. a  larger version with more house ment to be palatial.

3. a cleared version with only the small house for use with tundra defense.

4 If this is closed off  enough from main world ad in a larger area version with palatial home and flat ground outside of wall for tundra defense.

hmm maybe add a few things.

1. redguard children in the hearthfire faction.

2. a  larger version with more house ment to be palatial.

3. a cleared version with only the small house for use with tundra defense.

4 If this is closed off  enough from main world ad in a larger area version with palatial home and flat ground outside of wall for tundra defense.

1. Good idea! However, I can't, because there's no space for a children. The house has been designed for two npcs. I might add a children....but where does he sleep? That's unrealistic...however, thanks for the idea, because it was a really good idea!!!

2. I'm sorry, but that was all I could do. I can't build a larger house with that mesh, otherwise windows would be too much big (they already are too much big).

3. 4. What do you mean with "tundra defense" ? No garden walls and no garden?

VERY SMALL UPDATE

I decided how the house exterior should be landscaped:

- All around the exterior part of the manor, there will be a circular hole full of water and (friendly) slaughterfishes. A great defensive enhancement that was also featured in some medieval castles. I think this is a cool idea, because that is the manor of a rich Redguard, and the manor is located far away in the wilderness (wilderness is a really dangerous place, expecially if you are very far away by the cities) - PARTIALLY DONE (only frontal hole)

- A lot of pine trees will "surround the surroundings" - DONE (of course, I will also have to put trees in more distant cells)

- The street that will lead to the manor will be a classical street (with a retexture on the terrain part of the mesh) - DONE

- Ok, this is not landscaping, but I'd like to replace the entrance gate: I think those movable spears are sooo ugly. My idea is to replace them with a real fortified iron gate. - DONE

- The entrance gate will feature a working drawbridge (actually, I used the Whiterun drawbridge) - DONE (but, at the moment, the gate doesn't work)

POLL

(1) Do you like the idea of a hole full of water and slautherfishes around the manor?

(2) Do you like the new iron entrance gate?

Or did you prefer the old movable spears?

PICS (I still have to put a lot of grass details...don't look at the terrain xD LOL)

ENTRANCE AREA - PIC #1

HH__New_Gate_-_Image_1.jpg?async&rand=0.

ENTRANCE AREA - PIC #2

II__New_Gate_-_Image_2.jpg?async&rand=0.

Since I don't like double posting, should I have some updates, I will not post them until I see at least one reply to this post.

PS: I'm not threatening anyone, but I think it's not a good idea to bump your own posts

Awesome work and liking the new gate look too. I am not sure if the drawbridge is a good idea though, as it doesn't feel "Redguard" enough from my point of vue, I mean y'know, desert, Redguards, desert, drawbridge ... Yaknooow, if you want to give it a Redguard atmosphere, I believe that adding water anywhere near the house is pretty contradictory to the Alik'r feel ! I think the house looks already fine as it is. You know what I would place around the manor for the landscape ? A sand texture, like the one in Raven Rock, sand just climbing on parts of the wall. 

But I wouldn't die from the drawbridge and the slaughterfish pond, it's still a nice idea :P 

REPLIES TO YOUR POLL COMMENTS:

TO AVOID A POSSIBLE FUTURE DOUBLE POSTING, SHOULD I RECEIVE NEW POLL COMMENTS, I WILL REPLY TO THEM IN THIS POST

Personally I like the new gate.

I appreciate you like it!!!

Awesome work and liking the new gate look too. I am not sure if the drawbridge is a good idea though, as it doesn't feel "Redguard" enough from my point of vue, I mean y'know, desert, Redguards, desert, drawbridge ... Yaknooow, if you want to give it a Redguard atmosphere, I believe that adding water anywhere near the house is pretty contradictory to the Alik'r feel ! I think the house looks already fine as it is. You know what I would place around the manor for the landscape ? A sand texture, like the one in Raven Rock, sand just climbing on parts of the wall.

So, everyone likes the new gate...I'm really happy about that!

Hammerfell is stereotyped as an huge desertic region (if I say "Redguard" or "Hammerfell", everyone of you - me too - will think about the Tamriel's largest desert: the Alik'r one). However, like most Tamrielic regions, Hammerfell is a region that is formed by a lot of different byomes. In Hammerfell you can also find the classical Anvil byome (near the Cyrodiil border...expecially near the city of Ryhad), the pine forest byome (near Falkreath Hold) etc. etc.

The mod takes place in a valley that is located near the Hammerfell border, in Falkreath Hold. In a pine forest you can find a lot of water (there are things like rain, lakes, rivers etc. etc.). That's why I taught about a defensive pond around the manor walls and about a drawbridge. And that's why I didn't use a sand texture on the terrain.

If you want, here's an Hammerfell byome map (that's a really horrible map, there are better maps, but they are linked to a "rival" site).

The light blue area is the pine forest byome. Even if it does seem a small area, it's a pretty large one: pay attention, because it is as large as the Reach Hold in Skyrim. Maybe slightly larger!

F6h9G.jpg

However, even after all of that lore explaination, I think you're not completely wrong: half of the people thinks that Hammerfell is an huge desert. We know that's not true, but they might disapprove the pine forest byome and the water pond near the manor walls...drawbridge included. They don't know the truth but they think to know it, so, they make large use of stereotypes. (I was one of them, since some months ago, I taught Hammerfell was a completely desertic region). That's the situation in wich the stereotype becomes law. When most people don't know, don't knowing is the truth.

Redflyingmonkey, don't take it like an offence, because that's a typical human characteristic. How many times we don't know something but we talk about that? Thousands, I think.

PS: somebody might think that the house architecture doesn't fit with the pine forest byome.

As far as I can see, Redguards live in different byomes, but they always use the same architecture style: the Middle-Eastern one.

In real life, it would be a non-sense (for example, think about a flat house in a snowy region), but that's the history of this game, and, when playing TES games, it should be a game-law.

I think the drawbridge fits well with the walled compound and is not out of place.  I have seen many homes in the mid-east, (mini compounds really, even if they are right next to each other)  with giant gates and wooded doors on them reminiscent of  draw bridges.  I would not go with the slaughterfish though. Water is too valuable a resource in the desert.  Running water circling the compound and channeled inside for irrigation. Great. A bunch of dead fish plugging up the passageways, Not so good.   Why does my potato smell like fish?

I appreciate you like the drawbridge!

I'm not sure if I will put some slaughterfishes...maybe you're right. I was thinking...the water pond around the manor is a great defence itself, because it brings a lot of difficulty to siegers, wich are forced to use light wood-made mobile bridges or weapons like bows, catapults and crossbows.

PS: what do you mean with "water is a too valuable resource in the desert" ? The Redguards living inside of the manor are not supposed to come from the Alik'r, but from the province that surrounds Elinhir...a province that is served by a lot of water sources (the byome is the pine forest, so, think about rain, lakes, rivers etc etc).

Of course, in Skyrim you can only find Alik'r clothes, that's why those Redguards (like the Redguard in the last two photos) will be dressed like desert folks. Not that good, but I can't do anything else. I will try to do my best with vanilla resources (apart from that, I don't think some modders created new Redguard-ish clothes that should better fit for a colder climate)

I think the drawbridge fits well with the walled compound and is not out of place.  I have seen many homes in the mid-east, (mini compounds really, even if they are right next to each other)  with giant gates and wooded doors on them reminiscent of  draw bridges.  I would not go with the slaughterfish though. Water is too valuable a resource in the desert.  Running water circling the compound and channeled inside for irrigation. Great. A bunch of dead fish plugging up the passageways, Not so good.   Why does my potato smell like fish? :P

Just my half cent. :cool:

UPDATE!

During my spare time, I did several things:

- In my opinion, the manor walls looked too much flat and empty. A real fortified wall should have some walkways for the archers...or some watch towers! So, I decided to put 6 towers. My project was to create 7 watch towers, but I had no space for one of them. In that place, I decided to build a small simple walkway. It might contain 2-3 archers.

PS: Unfortunatelly, at the moment, "watch towers" = "aesthetical purposes only". They don't contain npcs and they don't actually shoot any arrow.

MY IDEA: my purpose was to create some auto-shooting arrows that will hit any hostile human/beast that will stay too close to the tower windows. Is it possible? In my opinion, it should be really simple to realize, but I'm not completely sure about that. I will do some tests. What about you...would you like fully working watch towers?

- I finished to build the defensive water pond. At the moment, no slaughterfishes at all. I think the pond itself should act like a great defense, because it's very deep and it would force any sieger to use mobile ladders/ramps or to use weapons like bows, crossbows and catapults.

- I finished to landscape the exterior part of the manor (I mean the area between the exterior walls and the water pond). Now the area is very detailed and, in my opinion, it valorizes the compound.

- I did a very little improvement to the drawbridge. I think it looks better than before...

- I created a street that leads to the manor. It has some alligned pines to the left and to the right.

- Added invisible collision boxes to all garden plants. No more ghost bushes, ghost small trees and ghost flowers. Thanks to this little trick, the garden has became much more realistic. Even if there's a collision, you're still able to harvest flowers!

Finally, here's some new pics!!!

"PANORAMIC MAP" SHOWING THE WATCH-TOWERS POSITION AND THE WATER POND (Since there are no lods, and since the Dohvakiin is very far away from the manor, a lot of objects might not be as they really are / a lot of objects won't show at all)

JJ__Map_of_Defensive_water_pon.jpg?async

EXTERIOR VIEW OF A WATCH TOWER (Those kind of spikes on the top of the tower are a tribute to Gothic III's Mora Sul towers)

KK__Exterior_View_of_a_Watch_t.jpg?async

INTERIOR VIEW OF A WATCH TOWER (Those kind of spikes on the top of the tower are a tribute to Gothic III's Mora Sul towers)

LL__Interior_View_of_a_Watch_t.jpg?async

VERY LITTLE DRAWBRIDGE AREA IMPROVEMENT (You can also notice that I created a street that leads to the manor...it's on the far left of the pic)

MM__Drawbridge_-_Little_improv.jpg?async

LANDSCAPED AREA BETWEEN THE WALL AND THE WATER POND - PIC #1

NN__Exterior_part_of_the_manor.jpg?async

LANDSCAPED AREA BETWEEN THE WALL AND THE WATER POND - PIC #2

OO__Exterior_part_of_the_manor.jpg?async

LANDSCAPED AREA BETWEEN THE WALL AND THE WATER POND - PIC #3

PP__Exterior_part_of_the_manor.jpg?async

SIMPLE SMALL WALKWAY ON THE BACK GARDEN AREA (it has been centered and it has been alligned with the house and the entrance gate)

QQ__Simple_small_walkway_in_th.jpg?async

It looks good. It looks very good.

The only issue I have with the towers, is that it's now gone from, lets say a middle class home with private garden/farm, to something only a Warlord or very wealthy merchant would have.  That all fine, but now the house is way too small.  Even if most of the towers are empty and only two or three are manned at any one time, these would be your private guards. Where do they sleep?  If you are wealthy enough to have your own private security, there not doing shift work from the local Rent-A-Guard. They would bee your own personal force. They would live within the compound and be trusted to guard your family and your personal property.  

With the addition of the towers,  the owner would "qualify" for a much larger home that would contain at least a private room for your "head of security" plus a separate living quarters for the rest of your security.

That's just my two cents for staying "lore friendly". If you have seen my work, you know I'm a firm believer that lore is in the game-pad of the player.

I still think it looks great.  :P

Edit:

Hey "Where is the bathroom?"   :P

The only issue I have with the towers, is that it's now gone from, lets say a middle class home with private garden/farm, to something only a Warlord or very wealthy merchant would have.  That all fine, but now the house is way too small.

The Dovahkiin is something like a Warlord (he kills "anything" he sees, even if he doesn't have an army..sometimes he only has a fighting companion). That's why I taught about watch towers. Also, the perimeter wall looked so empty and I had to fix this problem...watch towers were the best choice, imo.

You've got the point. The house is way too much small for the kind of manor I'm building.

Unfortunatelly, I can't do nothing because that was the biggest area the house could occupy. The house skeleton is already overscaled, and windows already look too much big. A more over-sized skeleton would bring extremely big windows. That's why I couldn't do nothing about this problem.

With the addition of the towers,  the owner would "qualify" for a much larger home that would contain at least a private room for your "head of security" plus a separate living quarters for the rest of your security.

I taught Redguard soldiers might live inside of watch towers (maybe some underground rooms or at the top of the towers...like happened inside some of the TES IV cities). Of course, I won't build any interior cell. That might only be an explaination about guards and living quarters.

Hey "Where is the bathroom?"

There's no bathroom at all.

As far as I know, medieval buildings didn't have any bathroom. People was "forced" to use a bucket or to go outside in the middle of the nature. I remember that some nobles had a special chair, but I think this furniture bornt during 1600/1700 circa.

That's why I taught to not to add a bathroom, even if it was an exterior one.

UPDATE

This is a special update: you won't see something new (expect for a small thing), but you will notice a fixed version (in other words, a way much better version) of some of my hand-made puzzle meshes.

- Some days ago, I stopped landscaping and I focused myself on a huge disgusting problem: shiny objects. They were everywhere and I was becoming mad because I didn't know how to fix them.

Thanks to Percevan - which helped me a lot during the fixing process - I was able to definitely get rid of that mesh-shiness problem (without his precious help, I wouldn't be able to fix things: I'm only an object-placer and an object creator!).

Now everything looks different and, of course, really good!!!

- Finally, it's time for the only new feature: since the patio roof isn't shiny anymore, I decided to put some invisible chairs on it. There are 8 of them (2 per side). Like it happened in House of the Redguard, now you can sit down on an elevated surface and have a look to the surroundings!

PS: I also moved the three storage-area barrels: this way, you could climb them and you can reach the roof. No loading screens!

It's time for some pics!!

NB: I'm sorry, but I completely forgot to fix the watch towers domes. You can find the fixed version of those domes in the last photo! In the other photos, they will look slightly shiny.

FIXED UPPER PART OF DEFENSIVE WALLS  AND  FIXED ENTRANCE GATE ROOF

RR__Fixed_Walls_and_Entrance_G.jpg?async

FIXED FOUNTAIN

SS__Fixed_Fountain.jpg?async&rand=0.9846

FIXED HOUSE DOME AND PATIO ROOF (The chapel dome looks a bit shiny, that's because at the time of the snapshoot I forgot to fix it)

TT__Fixed_House_Roof_and_Patio.jpg?async

FIXED WELL

UU__Fixed_Well.jpg?async&rand=0.36002987

FIXED BACK GARDEN GUARD WALKWAY

VV__Fixed_Back_Garden_Guard_Wa.jpg?async

FIXED CHAPEL DOME

XX__Fixed_Chapel_Roof.jpg?async&rand=0.4

PANORAMIC VIEW OF THE FIXED MANOR (Since there are no lods, and since the Dovhakiin is very far away by the manor, some objects might not look as they really are/some objects might seem invisible. A specific comment goes to the fountains: fountains seem to appear too much dark from distant, but they are not that dark!)

YY__Panoramic_View_of_Fixed_Ma.jpg?async

ONE OF THE EIGHT PATIO-ROOF FURNITURES (Those three barrels are the barrels you must climb in order to reach the roof)

ZZ__New_Patio_Roof_Furniture.jpg?async&r

FIXED WATCH TOWER DOME (sorry, I completely forgot about it: I fixed it some hours later and, consequentially, the other photos have a not-fixed version of the dome)

AAA__Fixed_Watch_Tower_Dome.jpg?async&ra

So, everyone likes the new gate...I'm really happy about that!

Hammerfell is stereotyped as an huge desertic region (if I say "Redguard" or "Hammerfell", everyone of you - me too - will think about the Tamriel's largest desert: the Alik'r one). However, like most Tamrielic regions, Hammerfell is a region that is formed by a lot of different byomes. In Hammerfell you can also find the classical Anvil byome (near the Cyrodiil border...expecially near the city of Ryhad), the pine forest byome (near Falkreath Hold) etc. etc.

The mod takes place in a valley that is located near the Hammerfell border, in Falkreath Hold. In a pine forest you can find a lot of water (there are things like rain, lakes, rivers etc. etc.). That's why I taught about a defensive pond around the manor walls and about a drawbridge. And that's why I didn't use a sand texture on the terrain.

If you want, here's an Hammerfell byome map (that's a really horrible map, there are better maps, but they are linked to a "rival" site).

The light blue area is the pine forest byome. Even if it does seem a small area, it's a pretty large one: pay attention, because it is as large as the Reach Hold in Skyrim. Maybe slightly larger!

F6h9G.jpg

However, even after all of that lore explaination, I think you're not completely wrong: half of the people thinks that Hammerfell is an huge desert. We know that's not true, but they might disapprove the pine forest byome and the water pond near the manor walls...drawbridge included. They don't know the truth but they think to know it, so, they make large use of stereotypes. (I was one of them, since some months ago, I taught Hammerfell was a completely desertic region). That's the situation in wich the stereotype becomes law. When most people don't know, don't knowing is the truth.

Redflyingmonkey, don't take it like an offence, because that's a typical human characteristic. How many times we don't know something but we talk about that? Thousands, I think.

PS: somebody might think that the house architecture doesn't fit with the pine forest byome.

As far as I can see, Redguards live in different byomes, but they always use the same architecture style: the Middle-Eastern one.

In real life, it would be a non-sense (for example, think about a flat house in a snowy region), but that's the history of this game, and, when playing TES games, it should be a game-law.

Hello ! Sorry I didn't answer, I completely didn't see your answer lol 

And I'm not offended at all, to tell the truth I automatically identified the style of your house to what they have South of Tunisia where I went on a vacation one day, the town is called "Kairouan", your style is very reminiscent of the houses there, so much that I found it odd for there to be drawbridges and water around the house since it would never happen in Kairouan (desertic region, only deep wells, the rivers are pretty far away)

I see from your map that Hammerfell is a peninsula and not inside the lands, so now I'm identifying your house to a Turk one and I can totally see the drawbridge  :lol:

Hello ! Sorry I didn't answer, I completely didn't see your answer lol 

And I'm not offended at all, to tell the truth I automatically identified the style of your house to what they have South of Tunisia where I went on a vacation one day, the town is called "Kairouan", your style is very reminiscent of the houses there, so much that I found it odd for there to be drawbridges and water around the house since it would never happen in Kairouan (desertic region, only deep wells, the rivers are pretty far away)

I see from your map that Hammerfell is a peninsula and not inside the lands, so now I'm identifying your house to a Turk one and I can totally see the drawbridge  :lol:

Hi! I had a look to some pictures about Kairouan... I have to admit that some buildings remind me my custom Redguard-ish house!!! :) You were right!

We can't identify Redguards and their architecture: Redguards have a mixed culture that includes a lot of real word cultures...

They are Turkish, but they also are Tunisians

A GREAT UPDATE

Architectural progresses!

Today I managed to create a completely exterior wolf den: it is a cave which is directly connected to the exterior worldspace. In poor words, a cave that doesn't need any loading screen!

I'm really happy about that, because I'm a great fan of the Gothic saga, and completely exterior places always remind me the Gothic athmosphere!!

The interior isn't ready yet, but I built an entrance hall and another (unfinished) hall on the right. The only missing thing is a dead-end big room full of wolves.

The wolf den is supposed to be a small "dungeon", but I will also create bigger caves and I will place them anywhere in my worldspace.

Here's some pics about my last creation!

WOLF DEN PIC #1

CCC__Wolf_Den_1.jpg?async&rand=0.4774263

WOLF DEN PIC #2

DDD__Wolf_Den_2.jpg?async&rand=0.9436226

WOLF DEN PIC #3

EEE__Wolf_Den_3.jpg?async&rand=0.2806730

WOLF DEN PIC #4

FFF__Wolf_Den_4.jpg?async&rand=0.1854413

PROOF: THE PLAYER CAN ENTER THE DEN

GGG__Wolf_Den_5.jpg?async&rand=0.5521172

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

AHH DEAD BODY!

I didn't update the page anymore because I've never seen a reply to my last post (in poor words, I taught people wasn't following the project anymore)

My last post: 9 aug

First user reply: 15 october

The project is not dead. I already uploaded it somewhere in the internet (it's still a wip).

Since you are still interested, I will upload the mod on Loverslab too...very soon! :)

Archived