Tera Nightwinder robe, looking for an edit.

Redflyingmonkey

Hey, so I'm looking a bit desperately for a fix on the Nightwinder robe, who has this one annoying detail where one part of the robe is, well, "detached" from the rest of the mesh, and it looks kind of terrible in game. For some reasons asianboy decided the create a separate mesh, maybe to allow people to skimp-ify the outfit more easily, but the result is that there is a really noticeable line between the two. 

I don't know if someone has the time to "stick" that mesh to the robe in some way to erase that line, or explain to me how to do it (checked Nightasy's tutorials but I didn't see what I was looking for anywhere, plus I only have Blender and my lousy skills on me ...)

Thanks 

Well you can tweak gaps like that in nifskope open the nif into nifskope render it so it is easier to see how it looks. The right click the piece that you want to tweak go to transform - edit *Note* Do not mess with any one of these other then Y and Z on translation otherwise you will screw up the mesh rigging and it will not show up in game or will appear wrong and will need to have the mess rigging redone. Y moves the outfit piece forward and backwards Z moves it up and down. 0.1000 will move the piece one way -0.1000 will move it in the other direction. Each different 0 moves the piece more or less the 0 before the . moves it the most while the last 0 moves it less. You can try this and see if it will work for you I have used it quite a bit for tweaking outfits and stuff make sure to make a back up of the nifs just incase something goes wrong. Also make sure that you write down what you changed Y and Z to as you will need to do that same thing to the other nif for the outfit or it will not show up in game.

Well you can tweak gaps like that in nifskope open the nif into nifskope render it so it is easier to see how it looks. The right click the piece that you want to tweak go to transform - edit *Note* Do not mess with any one of these other then Y and Z on translation otherwise you will screw up the mesh rigging and it will not show up in game or will appear wrong and will need to have the mess rigging redone. Y moves the outfit piece forward and backwards Z moves it up and down. 0.1000 will move the piece one way -0.1000 will move it in the other direction. Each different 0 moves the piece more or less the 0 before the . moves it the most while the last 0 moves it less. You can try this and see if it will work for you I have used it quite a bit for tweaking outfits and stuff make sure to make a back up of the nifs just incase something goes wrong. Also make sure that you write down what you changed Y and Z to as you will need to do that same thing to the other nif for the outfit or it will not show up in game.

That's exactly what i was about to do.  :P

Well.. if nexus would let me download asianboys tera armor that is. :dodgy:

I see exactly what you mean.

I don't even...

post-31550-0-02464300-1404667250_thumb.png

Well, without cutting that mesh into shape it's not really possible to fit that loose part correctly into the rest of the outfit, this is fucked up to begin with. However i tried to at least lessen it a bit.

It's however visible if a certain degree of shadow falls on it, with luck your ENB might even neutralizes that.

Shadowed

post-31550-0-27567300-1404668129_thumb.png

With light.

post-31550-0-70913000-1404668155_thumb.png

I didn't looked at it ingame before i made the edit so, i hope there's at least a difference for you. Though i can keep tinkering on it if you want.

Goes into X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\TERAarmors\xTeraelegance

cuirass_0.nifcuirass_1.nif

Ah screw my dumb brain, sorry myuhinny and Jormungand, it's for those meshes, a conversion by Shocky (I believe, I took those a long time ago) with tbbp. 

cuirass_0.nifcuirass_1.nif

I've tried to do what you guys did with the original mesh without the weight paintings but I've yet to see any difference in game :( I wonder if it's because of the tbbp but it's really noticeable too, I'll try to make some screenshots once I go back on my computer. 

Well i'm a 7B user myself, but i'm not very keen on TBBP so i'm not using it, i can't check that armor ingame. But i took a look at it in nifskope and.. holy crap, the butt section is even more fucked with sevenbase, whatever the creator of the initial mesh did isn't very helpful at all.

post-31550-0-20762300-1404676697_thumb.png

Shoving the detached part into it so that it might match is gonna be a problem without editing the mesh itself in blender/max.

You can see in the lower red circle, that that part there is actually meant to fit, but the butt section is a freakin mess. Doesn't matter how to shift that, one of the two ends would always look crappy.

Nifskope is of no help here. Blender is my nemesis and my Max installation is somewhere on my graveyard HDD :dodgy:

Guess i'll just wait till someone decides to do it or till I get lucky and find a tutorial somewhere about this one thing. I've tried to think about the reason why this mesh looks like this and I just can't figure it out. asianboy is a pretty good modeler, what the hell went through his mind ... It's my favorite outfit too, dammit ! 

Thanks for the help though Jormungand, I could just take the mesh you edited for unp and rig it for tbbp, it should be close enough. 

Yeah, about that mesh......

There are a lot of reasons why it's like that, but I'll keep it short.

1. The armor originally was made and given to me by a Chinese modder, who made the robe that way. It was originally for the CBBE body and I merely converted it as is into UNP. I didn't even bother about the technicality

2. This was one of the first mesh that I've ever worked with and it showed. Back then, I have no idea how to attach, detach and weigh the armors properly, so all I could do was just convert it to UNP by moving around a few vertices and left everything intact. I was completely baffled why the original modder did it like this, but I didn't question it because I had no idea how to fix it back then since I was only a noob going into an amibitious project completely out of his ability

3. Nightwinder is also not one of my favorite armor out of the 64 sets, so it gets way less priority when I decide to redo some of the armors for 1.9 release. I completely forgot about this particular bug from way back then, and since you're the first one ever to bring it up, I just never bother fixing it because I thought, hey, it's pretty crappily made, but people seems to be fine with it ingame. So for 1.9, I devoted my time to remake the ones that I like and Nightwinder got left in the dust

Now that it was brought to my attention, I'll consider fixing it for the next update. I'll have to completely redo the mesh though, starting from extracting it from Tera and make it work for Skyrim, because the current model is beyond help.

Holy crap it's asianboy. Aaaawkward ! 

I'm relieved to know that nonsense didn't come from you, now the question is why the hell did the original modeler of the mesh do it that way ... 

Anywho, it's perfect if you are working on it for the next update, I was actually downloading 3Dmax just for this one issue eh. 

Thanks for answering dude !

• 3 weeks later...

Archived