Real torture :P

solarstorm2

Being the big perv that I am, one of the first things I noticed in Skyrim was that Bethesda has already included actual torture devices (as opposed to the simple shackles in Oblivion). I'm assuming it's only a matter of time before someone good at animating, etc., mods said devices to be usable.[/evil laugh]

Being the big perv that I am' date=' one of the first things I noticed in Skyrim was that Bethesda has already included actual torture devices (as opposed to the simple shackles in Oblivion). I'm assuming it's only a matter of time before someone good at animating, etc., mods said devices to be usable.[/evil laugh']

Too bad the only thing I see so far is the wall lock thingy, other than that, cage? maybe?

Bethesda needs more inspirations =P

Too bad the only thing I see so far is the wall lock thingy' date=' other than that, cage? maybe?

Bethesda needs more inspirations =P

[/quote']

The wall lock things, the big standing cages, the smaller hanging cages, and the racks.

What we need is a nice wooden horse and x-frame. ;)

I particularly like the rack. Endless possibilities with it given that most of skyrim's dungeons have the correct atmosphere already. Dark, damp, echoes, and in some cases cramped. It's exciting just thinking about it lol

One of the things I'd like to see added is a wooden horse and more dangling chains.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm working on a mod that will "clean up" any dead torture victims and replace them with new girls. I'm having the damndest time getting them to use the shackles' date=' though.

[/quote']

This is something we definitely need. For now, the girls don't have to be interactive (although that's a plus), but they need to at least be replaced when you kill them.

Try to make the girls look young too. No old grannies :P.

How about more males to torture.

e-e

On another note' date=' why not take it a step further, like a mod that has specific points on the model illicit higher "pain" reactions, do more damage, etc.

[/quote']

Maybe do two .esp versions: One with males replaced and one with females replaced.

How about more males to torture.

e-e

On another note' date=' why not take it a step further, like a mod that has specific points on the model illicit higher "pain" reactions, do more damage, etc.

[/quote']

Maybe do two .esp versions: One with males replaced and one with females replaced.

I do approve of that idea wholly and completely.

[/quote']

I don't think the hit location system in Skyrim is detailed enough to do that through aiming. No reason it can't be menu or conversation driven though.

And from a torture point-of-view, you want the locations that do more pain for less damage.

It'd also be cool (and my ulterior motives may be showing) to have things like torture skill, maybe have certain locations desensetise after a while so you need to keep changing the target ... that sort of thing.

I'm working on a mod that will "clean up" any dead torture victims and replace them with new girls. I'm having the damndest time getting them to use the shackles' date=' though.

[/quote']

There's nothing to use. It's just an idle animation. You can see for yourself in http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=4826 thread.

If you download the file and check out the pictures, it's just a pose. Which probably explains why when you kill them, they just fall out of the shackles rather than simply going limp and hanging from the shackles.

Here's a pic of my char in the Sleeping Giant Inn using the idle animation (I don't know how to use the fancy spoiler thingie):

dZNbO.jpg

[/quote']

There's nothing to use. It's just an idle animation. You can see for yourself in http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=4826 thread.

If you download the file and check out the pictures, it's just a pose. Which probably explains why when you kill them, they just fall out of the shackles rather than simply going limp and hanging from the shackles.

Here's a pic of my char in the Sleeping Giant Inn using the idle animation (I don't know how to use the fancy spoiler thingie):

dZNbO.jpg

The shackles are furniture, that ostensibly use the "sit" procedure (like the wounded floor marker). If you link an NPC to a floor marker and mark it as restrained, the NPC will writhe on the floor. NPCs I've linked to shackles do nothing.

So basically, they're not restrained by the shackles, they're restrained by the floor? That's funny, but makes sense. In Oblivion, if you'd try to move while in certain poses, your character's movement was severely compromised, so it's a similar concept perhaps.

Archived