TERA HDT high heels CBBE for asianboy's UNP tera collection

ttpt

Yeah, you read that right, so before you download and give it a try listen up carefully.

The TERA Armor Collection - CBBE by frigus on the nexus is not up to date with asianboy345's UNP TERA collection, plus it still uses the robes as light armor which is terrible in my opinion, so yeah, it's quite frankly no contest. asianboy345's package on the other hand is just for UNP, and since I use CBBE this presents quite a dilemma.

So what can we do about it, well, we use these:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/29410-tera-armor-cba-bodyslide-tbbpzaps-addon-11/

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22544-tera-armor-cbbe-bodyslide-addon-with-bbpnobbp-uploaded/

To create the frigus CBBE armors on bodyslide, because bodyslide is awesome. They are created into folders named TeraArmors_CBBE and TeraArmors2_CBBE, asianboy345 uses folder named TeraArmors and TeraArmors2. The folder inside those are identical between the two, so you can find stuff like xTerabluestar and Castanich09 with .nif files with identical names. So all you need to do to replace the UNP versions of the armors with the bodyslide CBBE version is to rename the two main folders TeraArmors_CBBE to TeraArmors and TeraArmors2_CBBE to TeraArmors2. This is just for the meshes, the texture folders have similar differences, but you need to keep the frigus textures in their TeraArmors_CBBE and TeraArmors2_CBBE folders otherwise you'll get no textures. Not all armors in asianboy345's package are CBBE, so the ones that aren't CBBE will continues being UNP.

That's the complicated stuff anyway, but you don't really need to do most of that, it's just a suggestion. The important thing about this package, is that I created the boots with bodyslide from tomcat214's package. With ankle size 100 because it's better for the boots to fit big rather than small. They are CBBE of course, but I renamed the folders as explained above to replace the UNP Tera boots from asianboy345's package, you still needs the textures in the TeraArmors_CBBE and TeraArmors2_CBBE from frigus's package. YOU ALSO NEED ASIANBOY345'S ESP, it probably won't work with frigu's esp since the formid's might be different, I'm not sure, I'd have to check but I ran out of time.

Most of the boots are CBBE, but since not all are converted, there's some that are UNP and they clip badly on CBBE bodies with max weight. I can probably mess with them some more in nifskope to make them bigger, but I won't have time for about a week or two, so that's gonna have to wait. nifskope is the program you need to use to move the stuff down so that HDT high heels can work its magic.

You can probably even use this with your UNP body, since it's only the boot meshes, they'll probably look sort of big but there will be less clipping with the UNP things. You still need the CBBE textures though. There was already a UNP HDT high heels download on the nexus, but it's UNP so it clipped super bad for me, this is why I did this.

So as a final reminder, you need:

asianboy345's TERA Armors Collection

frigus's TERA Armor Collection - CBBE, but only for the textures

a skeleton: xp32 extended is what I use, the offset might be different if you use a different skeleton, who knows .

HDT high heels of course

and the tera barrel test id xx03187f  where xx is the position of TERAarmors.esm. use the placeatme command.

HDTtera.7z

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the HDT addition and this guide.  I was just getting back into Skyrim and becoming frustrated that the CBBE Tera armors had not really kept up to date with the rest of my mods.  I love the armors, and frigus's work too much to give them up though.

I am a bit confused by the following steps:

[snip]

To create the frigus CBBE armors on bodyslide, because bodyslide is awesome. They are created into folders named TeraArmors_CBBE and TeraArmors2_CBBE, asianboy345 uses folder named TeraArmors and TeraArmors2. The folder inside those are identical between the two, so you can find stuff like xTerabluestar and Castanich09 with .nif files with identical names. So all you need to do to replace the UNP versions of the armors with the bodyslide CBBE version is to rename the two main folders TeraArmors_CBBE to TeraArmors and TeraArmors2_CBBE to TeraArmors2. This is just for the meshes, the texture folders have similar differences, but you need to keep the frigus textures in their TeraArmors_CBBE and TeraArmors2_CBBE folders otherwise you'll get no textures. Not all armors in asianboy345's package are CBBE, so the ones that aren't CBBE will continues being UNP.

[snip]

What I see is in effect, removing the meshes for the UNP version completely and just using the CBBE folder with the UNP .esp file.  When in game, I have to use asianboy's .esp to get Tera armors now, but they are the CBBE Bodyslide armors with HDT.  Wouldn't they be using the UNP textures though?  The previously obtained CBBE armors in game became invisible, as they no longer had any meshes after re-naming the CBBE mesh folders.

Would it be better to paste the CBBE folder contents over the UNP folder contents, thus updating the UNP files with CBBE Bodyslide files?  Would those new CBBE files be using the wrong textures, since they are CBBE meshes, but addressing asianboy's UNP textures?

Sorry for the confusion.  I just want to get things right.  Thanks for your work on the guide and HDT.  I had no idea there were any Bodyslide updates for Tera CBBE!

It's better to paste the CBBE folder contents into the UNP folder if you plan on keeping them both the asianboy and the frigus esps.

As for the texture stuff, the location of textures is baked into the .nif files, not the .esp that's why they use the frigus textures location, which are CBBE textures. It's possible to change that with nifskope but I was running low on time and just wanted to get the HDT stuff out as soon as possible

s666 completed a brand new bodyslide conversion that includes all armors in asianboy's package

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16350-bodyslide-armor-and-clothes-list-v2/?p=870857

I'll check it out as soon a it's available and start working on the boots that were UNP only when I made this package, may even work on the .nifs inside bodyslide so as to make it bodyslide compatible.

EDIT: it appears HDT is already added to that package and s666 finished the boots that were still UNP. He also fiddled with the texture paths and has textures on his package, so my big ass tutorial on renaming folders and what not shouldn't be necessary when we can finally download from the nexus

This .esp should be an update to include the robe shoes that didn't have the effect before. It's for s666's TERA bodyslide conversion which is now available on the nexus, which by the way makes my whole tutorial up there unnecessary, since he changed the texture paths and whatnot all that's needed now is asianboy's package and the conversions.

HDT System Tera BOOTS.esp

This .esp should be an update to include the robe shoes that didn't have the effect before. It's for s666's TERA bodyslide conversion which is now available on the nexus, which by the way makes my whole tutorial up there unnecessary, since he changed the texture paths and whatnot all that's needed now is asianboy's package and the conversions.

Thank you for the heads up on s666's conversion and your collaboration.  This will be a lot easier.  I replaced all my files, but don't seem to be getting HDT Heels to work on the armors now, where it was working previously.  I'll try reinstalling or changing mod order tomorrow.  The armors look good though.  I am glad for a more "one stop shop" deal.

Thanks again.

Archived