[mod][wip] SSO Crime & Punishment -- Design Document

leechlord

Just an update for all of you -- I know I hoped to have something published by now, but a family tragedy has put me well behind schedule on both this and my *real* work. I'm just beginning to catch up on the real work now, and hopefully I'll be able to start work on this soon. Don't expect anything for at least a month though.

Hjaalmarch

Much the same as whiterun. Whilst the guards of Hjaalmarch aren’t the same morally-upstanding citizens as Whiterun’s guards, the guards are much too fearful and much too few in number to risk the Dragonborn’s retribution.

Whilst I feel like this works with the town lore-wise I can see that it might feel like a bit of a cop-out. Let me know if you have any cool suggestions for alternatives here.

Just a thought here, but you could have the Dragonborn be assaulted by vampires.  Before the town's main quest is completed there is a problem of course, but even afterwards there could be scattered angry thralls and minor vampires that want to prey on easy targets.  What better target than a criminal that no one will care about in a town with barely enough guards to protect the law-abiding citizens?  Additionally, you could add in a chance to contract Sanguinaris Vampiris into the mix.

I really like your idea, especially the inclusion of guard and nobles and the relative activities outside of prison.

If you can\want, try to build it up giving the dialogues the time they deserve. Otherwise it would soon look and feel too "artificial" like most of the mods here.

Will be following your progress, gl :)

Hmmmmm.........how hard would it be to create events for if you're caught committing a crime within an Orc Stronghold?  I shudder to imagine the delightful ideas we could come up with for how Orcs deal with thieves!

Oh my god!  I've thought this in passing before while mucking about in a few of the strongholds.  I imagine the Orc retribution would be extremely cruel and painful (to the point of lasting injury, perhaps through a status effect) but over quickly then the crime forgotten once penance paid...

I think leechlord's mod will be the most immersive crime mod available even without change to his concept summary, but it would seem a shame not to give the Orc Strongholds their own unique handling of crime .  The vanilla fight to the death is a bit of a cop-out in my opinion.

Edit:  I suppose that is to say that the Orc's brutal nature revering strength would not sacrifice it's brutality, but also not give an honorable death or victory to a "criminal".

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Long silence because family issues and huge workload over the past few months. There is light at the end of the tunnel, and the summer holidays are nearly upon me. Hopefully there will be progress soon.

Just posting to let you know that people are still excited for the time to come where you can start thinking about this design document again! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I like the idea, but I agree with the person who suggested that public rape as punishment changes the game too much.  That said, I don't see a problem with some form of public punishment (whippings/beatings or something to that effect).  Of course, you could also have an MCM option to disable rape in the pillory as a form of punishment... Also, I'd like to make a suggestion for no public strip searches as well... perhaps that could take place in the guard barracks or in the prison?

Also, I hope you'll reconsider not having the Dragonborn shackled and marched off to prison like PO, I think that is one of that mods best features personally.

In any case, good luck with the mod, and I hope you're able to make it.  I'm looking forward to it!

This is stunning!!

I love the idea, see if you can borrow functionality from other mods like. I think you should stay away from the thieves guild, something similar has already been implemented in "Sexlab: Theft, Murder and Seduction".

Anyhow, really great concept and thoroughly thought of. The opening paragraph cracked me though, lol, heavy hitting references man. Almost heard the sound effect from law and order there, lol.

One of the things I have been hoping for in skyrim is a revamp of the prisons. I think we all know what happens today in them, I imagine it would be a lot worse in a place like skyrim.

Granted this idea might be well beyond the scope of what you would like to to do, but I figure it can't hurt to suggest it. Change each cities prison to something along the lines of the chida mines. Not into mines, but just into a large prison area where all the prisoners are kept. There can be sleeping area, dinning area where they get food 3 times a day, shower area and a general open area, like a exercise yard. So if you was imprisoned you would have to deal with the other prisoners and try and figure out how to become top dog, how to get left alone, or find yourself as the prison "bitch" so to speak.

Other prisoners could demand some of your food, sex, or what have you from the PC. The PC would have several options on how to deal with it while doing their time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This mod sounds amazing if family issues become to much of a problem consider passing the mod on to someone that you trust to give credit to you?

It's been really difficult to find any time, and I honestly have no idea if and when I will. This is still something I "intend" to do, but who knows if I ever will. If TES6 or Fallout 4 get announced any time soon I may just give up altogether.

All of my mods and ideas will forever be fully open for anyone to do whatever they want. If someone with more time is keen to take on this project, they are more than welcome to.

Nothing bad can possibly come from someone else working on this or something similar. Worst case scenario for me is if they make it only kinda like what I wanted, but that would still save me time if I ever decided to do my own version.

This looks good so far but I'm against public humiliation and rape in the pillory in the middle of a city. This change the game too much and is the reason why I'm not using Prison Overhaul. They could have a pillory inside the jail or in a jail yard but not in the middle of the city please.

That seems fair enough. Only three cities should have public humiliation with the current plan.

Solitude has a nice little soldier training area that Prison Overhaul already uses. Is this too public for you? Seems about right to me.

I can't remember where Windhelm's location is in Prison Overhaul, but I'm sure a similarly out-of-the-way spot could be found.

I'll need to think about Riften's one a bit though. Riften is meant to be a cesspool, and it wouldn't surprise me if humiliation was right in the middle of town square... Then again, the Jarl of Riften is being mislead to think that the city isn't all that bad. Perhaps the town center is slightly too public to keep up that illusion.

Of course, this is just personal opinions. Add both public and not, make it a toggle.

• 2 years later...

It's going to be AMAZING!! Especially the 'Hard Time'. Can't wait. XD It'd be great if, when we commit crimes in strongholds, they'd imprison and we can either have a Hard Time or Bribe them by having sex.

You should have looked at the DATE of the posts.

There is a link to the SexCrimes mod in the original post but that's as far as it got and the author hasn't been online here in almost two years.

This looks good so far but I'm against public humiliation and rape in the pillory in the middle of a city. This change the game too much and is the reason why I'm not using Prison Overhaul. They could have a pillory inside the jail or in a jail yard  but not in the middle of the city please. 

public beheadings ok then? there are different types of restraints still displayed in villages all over England  right in the public areas because in the absence of a police force the public punished you , maybe they should be at the main gates though as a warning [no one wants to buy food with cum all over It anyhow] maybe in solitude it should be closer to the public beheading spot [public punishment should be kept to the same place or how would the mob know where to go]

It's going to be AMAZING!! Especially the 'Hard Time'. Can't wait. XD It'd be great if, when we commit crimes in strongholds, they'd imprison and we can either have a Hard Time or Bribe them by having sex.

You should have looked at the DATE of the posts.There is a link to the SexCrimes mod in the original post but that's as far as it got and the author hasn't been online here in almost two years.

I wish the author is on it. Would really love this mod especially 'Hard Time'

You should have looked at the DATE of the posts.There is a link to the SexCrimes mod in the original post but that's as far as it got and the author hasn't been online here in almost two years.

Well welcome to Lovers Lab anyways, there is something similar available in the Prison Overhaul mod plus the Prison Overhaul Patch (the Patch is bug fixes to the original mod plus a lot of extensions)

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16113-prison-overhaul/

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1935-prison-overhaul-v033-patches/

You can check out the other attempts listed here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19588-sexlab-index/ under the "Prostitution/Enslavement/Imprisonment" spoiler.

One thing you don't have to do is put up with the lame vanilla prison.

Well welcome to Lovers Lab anyways, there is something similar available in the Prison Overhaul mod plus the Prison Overhaul Patch (the Patch is bug fixes to the original mod plus a lot of extensions)

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/16113-prison-overhaul/

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1935-prison-overhaul-v033-patches/

You can check out the other attempts listed here http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19588-sexlab-index/ under the "Prostitution/Enslavement/Imprisonment" spoiler.

One thing you don't have to do is put up with the lame vanilla prison.

Well, thanks. It was helpful. I wished there were more of rape in Prison overhaul, than Exploiting and Punishing.

Archived