[mod][wip] SSO Crime & Punishment -- Design Document

leechlord

I was trying to figure out how various bits of functionality might be implemented, and it got me on to thinking about masturbation scenes. Yes, I have got a pretty good idea about how I would differentiate between sex and masturbation on the scripting end of things, but do I need to?

In the design document I've got masturbation listed as its own crime, but now that I think about it, I can't figure out why masturbation would be punished any differently to sex. Does anyone feel strongly about keeping them separate? It wouldn't be too difficult to do, but I'm a big fan of axing 'features' that don't do anything useful. Unless someone tells me a reason why they want them to be separate, or a cool way to treat them differently, I'll probably just roll it all into one.

Sounds GREAT ! it was time that a mod punish the public nudity to add true realism to the game, enough of girls showing the ass at the air at the middle of a huge city full of Guards that should take care of the morality.  So the only place where the character can be naked was in the nature in a lonely place or at home, now that's realism ! you have my full support for this mod !  

As punishment for public nudity I suggest that the character be tied for hours or days in a public square completely naked and on a humiliant pose like on all fours in front of a dressed crowd, maybe with some temporary dirty tattoos on all his body and humiliating dialogues of the people with the mod  '' spectator crowds ''. 

I'm only dreaming. :P

One nitpick, I think that Brina Merilis if she becomes the Jarl of the Pale would replace the jailer, like she does everyone else with a loyal imperial soldier. She also seems like she would actually enforce legion discipline on her men so I'd say that should the imperials take over Dawnstar the crime and punisment behaviour should default to Solitude style.

This is quite an ambitious project and I hope it sees the light of day! Some of my favorite parts seem to rely on other mods being designed around it though (like slavery and reputation mods), so I'm trying not to get too hopeful that this could turn out to be everything I'm dreaming of. ^_^

Good luck though, I know I'll be rooting for you to pull it off!

One nitpick, I think that Brina Merilis if she becomes the Jarl of the Pale would replace the jailer, like she does everyone else with a loyal imperial soldier. She also seems like she would actually enforce legion discipline on her men so I'd say that should the imperials take over Dawnstar the crime and punisment behaviour should default to Solitude style.

Thanks, this is exactly the sort of feedback I'm looking for. I've played hundreds of hours of Skyrim, but there is still a hell of a lot that I don't know. Brina Merilis is not someone I'm overly familiar with, so I would never have known this. There is basically no information on the elderscrolls wiki about her either.

Having said that, I'll have to give it some thought. I think the point of Dawnstar's jail was that there is a sadistic jailer whose actions the Jarl may not be aware of, so it's not inconceivable that Merilis doesn't know. I also generally think that public humiliation in Dawnstar is a little bit less compelling than it would be in Solitude because (a) place is cold as hell, and the dragonborn will be naked for much of her humiliation (especially brutal with Frostfall, but I could probably just add some braziers and fire-pits etc); and (b ) the town feels too small and too empty to really get much out of a public humiliation. I also think it would be a shame to lose one of the more interesting prison experiences when the imperials conquer the place. Maybe the Dragonborn can bring the evil jailer to Merilis' attention and use that as a novel way to end the questline?

Definitely needs some thought.

Thanks, this is exactly the sort of feedback I'm looking for. I've played hundreds of hours of Skyrim, but there is still a hell of a lot that I don't know. Brina Merilis is not someone I'm overly familiar with, so I would never have known this. There is basically no information on the elderscrolls wiki about her either.

Having said that, I'll have to give it some thought. I think the point of Dawnstar's jail was that there is a sadistic jailer whose actions the Jarl may not be aware of, so it's not inconceivable that Merilis doesn't know. I also generally think that public humiliation in Dawnstar is a little bit less compelling than it would be in Solitude because (a) place is cold as hell, and the dragonborn will be naked for much of her humiliation (especially brutal with Frostfall, but I could probably just add some braziers and fire-pits etc); and (b ) the town feels too small and too empty to really get much out of a public humiliation. I also think it would be a shame to lose one of the more interesting prison experiences when the imperials conquer the place. Maybe the Dragonborn can bring the evil jailer to Merilis' attention and use that as a novel way to end the questline?

Definitely needs some thought.

See, that's what I was talking about without being able to find the correct words : in this sort of situation you could totally link your mod to the vanilla quest in Dawnstar where the whole city suffers from horrible nightmares caused by the nearby action of the Daedra Artifact, the "Skull of Corruption". It's the staff of Vaermina, Daedric entity of psychological torture.

Say, if you had an instance in your script which checks the quest at that moment, and detects if you have destroyed/taken the staff or just didn't start the quest, the whole personality of the Dawnstar jailer could be set as a regular jailer who went mad from all the nightmares and became ultimately an agent of Vaermina. His actions could be also linked to psychological torture as he would circle around the prison mumbling and suddenly stop in front of your cell every hour and stares at you blankly. He could open the door from times to time and enter your cell with a weapon drawn, then just sheath it to leave you.

If you did destroy the staff, a subtle tweak in his dialogue, like changing one sentence from something like "Her Majesty waits for her champion" to "Her Majesty was not pleased with your decision", would be completely integrated with the game. 

There are tons of other instances I can think of, like in Riften, the guard could get angry at you for killing the skooma dealers during that quest and decide to take revenge on you for destroying his mean of acquiring cheap skooma, in Windhelm the "Butcher" had a hidden accomplice and unfortunately for the player it's the jailer ! In Solitude, bad luck again, your guard follows the Cult of Potema, and he's not pleased with you investigating around. 

It wouldn't really be what Sexlab Solution does, while at the same time playing on the same wavelength. 

Just some random stuff, if you find it relevant I have lotsa more of those "instances" in mind. I'm getting a bit too excited by your project, just ignore everything if it's not doable or you just don't dig it :D Good luck with your mod again dude ! 

This looks good so far but I'm against public humiliation and rape in the pillory in the middle of a city. This change the game too much and is the reason why I'm not using Prison Overhaul. They could have a pillory inside the jail or in a jail yard  but not in the middle of the city please. 

That seems fair enough. Only three cities should have public humiliation with the current plan.

Solitude has a nice little soldier training area that Prison Overhaul already uses. Is this too public for you? Seems about right to me.

I can't remember where Windhelm's location is in Prison Overhaul, but I'm sure a similarly out-of-the-way spot could be found.

I'll need to think about Riften's one a bit though. Riften is meant to be a cesspool, and it wouldn't surprise me if humiliation was right in the middle of town square... Then again, the Jarl of Riften is being mislead to think that the city isn't all that bad. Perhaps the town center is slightly too public to keep up that illusion.

Solitude area sounds perfect. I don't think any regular citizens patrol in that area, although maybe the jail would work even better. There's a big open area there surrounded by cells. I don't doubt Ahtar has a problem with it, but I don't see Tullius or Rikke going along with the former area.

I haven't played enough of PO to know the locations either. But Windhelm too has a fairly large area outside the cells with some racks and knicknacks about.

I can't think of anything in Riften proper. Only thing that's ideal is the big house housing Maven's mercs outside of town (Black briar lodge?). But they're all aggro, and worse, the place is cramped so there isn't really much room for placement. A roomier location is the beefarm, forget the name - but again, aggro mobs - but other than that I don't see the proprietor having an issue with bringing prisoners over there to keep the mercs amused.

This looks good so far but I'm against public humiliation and rape in the pillory in the middle of a city. This change the game too much and is the reason why I'm not using Prison Overhaul. They could have a pillory inside the jail or in a jail yard  but not in the middle of the city please. 

That seems fair enough. Only three cities should have public humiliation with the current plan.

Solitude has a nice little soldier training area that Prison Overhaul already uses. Is this too public for you? Seems about right to me.

I can't remember where Windhelm's location is in Prison Overhaul, but I'm sure a similarly out-of-the-way spot could be found.

I'll need to think about Riften's one a bit though. Riften is meant to be a cesspool, and it wouldn't surprise me if humiliation was right in the middle of town square... Then again, the Jarl of Riften is being mislead to think that the city isn't all that bad. Perhaps the town center is slightly too public to keep up that illusion.

Just a thought for Riften... Maybe forced prostitution in the inn with a follow on for blackmail?

Looking forward to see what comes of this... :)

I'm just posting here to announce that the first steps towards making this idea a reality have already begun, and I've just released an early alpha of a sex-crime framework that will form the basis of the Crime & Punishment mod. Details can be found edited into the original post.

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

Great ideas leechlord. For the sections that you said could end in the player being sold into slavery, you could either do something with SD+ or you could transport the player to my SlaveTown mod, would be easy enough to do.

Well, I don't think being a thane should lower the chance of encounter but instead should be a way of persuading them to not attack you. It's possible that they don't know you are a thane because in the vanilla game, they still try to arrest you unless you tell them that you are a thane. I mean back in ancient times, not everyone knew what the ruler or any of the nobles were by their face alone and just guessed that they were someone important based on things like clothing.

Maybe you can add quests that lower the chance of these events happening.

For example, you have to do a certain number of quests to become a thane. You can be given the task of lowering this number by being the bait and then identifying the corrupt guards. Another scenario could be that you go undercover as a new guard to find out who the corrupt guards are. (I guess the jarl can take away your stuff so it would be more authentic) Maybe if things go bad and the guards find out that you are a spy, they can capture you somehow (combat or drugs) and imprison you in some remote prison where the jarl would not find you.

This remote prison is where all the corrupt guards from all the different holds come to congregate and bring in people to make slaves. From here, you can try to escape through various means (fight your way out, sneak, prison riot, find some hidden passage) or you can be obedient and make the corrupt guards put down their guard or get sold off to someone and then get out of that house since it should be easier to escape a house than a prison.

Go back to the jarl and rally up a force to destroy this prison and lower the corrupt guards in the entire world. If you didn't get caught at the start, it will just lower the corrupt guards in that hold.

Just throwing out an idea even though this sounds very complicated and sounds like an entire quest mod by itself.

Well, I don't think being a thane should lower the chance of encounter but instead should be a way of persuading them to not attack you. It's possible that they don't know you are a thane because in the vanilla game, they still try to arrest you unless you tell them that you are a thane. I mean back in ancient times, not everyone knew what the ruler or any of the nobles were by their face alone and just guessed that they were someone important based on things like clothing.

Maybe you can add quests that lower the chance of these events happening.

For example, you have to do a certain number of quests to become a thane. You can be given the task of lowering this number by being the bait and then identifying the corrupt guards. Another scenario could be that you go undercover as a new guard to find out who the corrupt guards are. (I guess the jarl can take away your stuff so it would be more authentic) Maybe if things go bad and the guards find out that you are a spy, they can capture you somehow (combat or drugs) and imprison you in some remote prison where the jarl would not find you.

This remote prison is where all the corrupt guards from all the different holds come to congregate and bring in people to make slaves. From here, you can try to escape through various means (fight your way out, sneak, prison riot, find some hidden passage) or you can be obedient and make the corrupt guards put down their guard or get sold off to someone and then get out of that house since it should be easier to escape a house than a prison.

Go back to the jarl and rally up a force to destroy this prison and lower the corrupt guards in the entire world. If you didn't get caught at the start, it will just lower the corrupt guards in that hold.

Just throwing out an idea even though this sounds very complicated and sounds like an entire quest mod by itself.

Those are seriously cool ideas. If it is at all feasible then I'm going to have to use them!

i'm Looking forward to seeing how this mod comes along, ill be keeping both Eyes on it.

From what it sounds, if you stick with it; should be something Great if done correctly; hopefully your gonna get some help getting it done and working without to many flaws.  :D

Archived