Sexout Clothing Evaluation System (WIP/Resource)

Hey DactaSax' date=' how should we adjust the ClothingModule2 in Geck to stop showing a "Needs Biped Slots" error?

[/quote']

Oops, side effect of having it around as an armor object without biped slots. I never got the warning because I use an extended Geck or something (http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=36290 maybe).

Will fix that.

I'm in SCR now doing edits, let me know what to change :)

I'm in SCR now doing edits' date=' let me know what to change :)

[/quote']

Best thing to do would probably create a book item, like you have for pregnancy, and attach the script to that.

Then SexoutSClothingEvalModule2 under "armor" can be deleted. There's also a leftover SexoutSClothingEvalModule under misc items that should be scrapped - just noticed that.

Hmm' date=' finally took a look at this and gotta say, this is a great idea. Could definitely be used to provide a much more realistic experience by having NPC's react to specific clothing vs situation conflicts. Like an evening dress at forlorn hope or combat gear and armed to the teeth in the canteen at vault 21. Also passing comments by NPCs and influencing initial reactions and/or acting as a bonus/minus to speech checks. TBH, I can see a ton of ways that modders could leverage this for the benefit of the user experience.

[/quote']

Thanks for that :)

Now it's just a matter of cajoling other modders into using it ;)

Best thing to do would probably create a book item' date=' like you have for pregnancy, and attach the script to that.

Then SexoutSClothingEvalModule2 under "armor" can be deleted. There's also a leftover SexoutSClothingEvalModule under misc items that should be scrapped - just noticed that.[/quote']

Cool will do that, will keep the name the same to not screw up any thing refering to it :)

This is why you shouldn't use double negatives.

Oh...

oops...

(again)

Anyways, hypothetically speaking, you could write to console, run that through something to clean out stuff you do not need and then...

... my best idea so far would be to form that into a script, which you can copy and paste back into a mod.

I originally posted some stuff in a different thread, that belongs here:

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=6154&pid=120912#pid120912

DoctaSax responded there, but I should probably start following up here, so...

First' date=' I think that the popup ui should be implemented using MCM rather than taking up a key and an inventory item. [And that is a LOT of work, I imagine, changing to use MCM.']

It could be. I had a look at how to do things with MCM in the early stages of SCES but decided against it. At the time, all I needed was some way to trigger the scripts and that is easily done in-game with a hotkey, and quite economically too; 2 functions, 1 key. In any case, I wanted to get things underway quickly, and getting my head around mcm coding would have slowed me down. On the whole, I suppose that what little I know of modding comes from tweaking Oblivion mods to my liking, and that sort of determines how you set about structuring a mod from the ground up.

Ok, I can try taking this on, if it's ok with you -- rebuilding the menus to be MCM menus instead of UI menus. I would be learning MCM myself, but I want to be doing that anyways.

My big worry, here, would be if you start doing major releases before I get anything done -- then I have to start over. But I also do not want to be annoying you by "touching your stuff" without your approval.

Toggling the system on by clicking on the inventory item was a last-minute thing before it got incorporated in SCR' date=' just to make sure people didn't have to use it if they didn't want to.

In hindsight, selecting the hotkey & turning the system on/off can just as well be done with MCM, of course. [/quote']

I was thinking of moving the entire thing into MCM -- I prefer to leave in-game interfaces for in-character concepts. This interface is a meta-gaming thing, so it just feels better in MCM. (And this mod seems like the best place for me to start, for addressing this kind of issue, but it's certainly not the only mod that has this issue.)

Second' date=' I think that there should be a "pick the item" screen. I was thinking that this would have one entry for each "equip slot" and once you pick the item that screen would display some information about the item (like: its name.

[/quote']

Well, I would definitely have had to do that in Oblivion, where you mix and match outfits from different slots. Because in the fallout games clothing is either a full "upper-body" outfit or something else, that's how things ended up getting structured that way in SCES too, with full outfits being the focus of evaluation and extras being toggled. I decided against automatically identifying other-slot equipment because the scripting would have been too long and cumbersome, but admit I hadn't thought of letting people manually select which equipped gear they want to evaluate. That said, I'm not sure what you can say about for instance sunglasses other than that you're wearing them. Sexy sunglasses, classy sunglasses, ... seems a bit much.

(Note: I intended to show the name of the item under review in the message that you get as the menu opens up, but for some reason that didn't seem to work. As a workaround, you can check your console when the menu opens up - the name will be there.)

Knowing that I need to open the console to see the evaluation does help! Thanks! :)

(But I was going to try to add some additional stuff that I would like to see...)

Third' date=' I would like to have the UI items be checkboxes or something which will tell us if the item is in the underlying form list already. [/quote']

That needs a lot of IsInList checks and assorted variables to be added to the script, which I've tried to keep lean. The console readouts that you get when you press the hotkey in gamemode can give you some idea about what you've already chosen for an outfit.

Yes... in the context of MCM's design, I think would run the checks, and populate variables which would then be displayed (and in some cases editted) by MCM, and then (for the ones that can be changed) I would have a follow-on that I run to propagate the changes back into the appropriate game entities.

Finally' date=' and this really has nothing to do with your mod, I am not really sure about that "skimpy armor" category.

[/quote']

Heh, me neither now that you mention it. ;) Maybe I was aiming for having people say "call THAT armor, seriously?" or something.

Well, reading up, some of what I wrote here might look a bit defensive - I assure you I was only trying to explain past choices, that's all. I also have to admit I see SCES as a simple tool to add stuff to formlists & toggle some other stuff so that other mods can use that for gameplay & quests & what not. I'd rather work on that side of things with the time I have available than on expanding SCES itself, to be honest. But if someone wants to add to/perfect SCES functionality, then go right ahead.

Ok, thank you!

And I know that it's all too easy to take technical comments personally, and please understand that I appreciate the time you (and others) have taken to explain things to me.

Anyways, I will try to implement my concept of an SCES MCM plugin -- I cannot promise that I will have anything done soon, nor event that I will not get frustrated and give up before getting it working. But it's a place for me to start!

Thanks again...

Edit: that said... with current SCES -- how do we remove an armor from a form list?

Ok' date=' I can try taking this on, if it's ok with you -- rebuilding the menus to be MCM menus instead of UI menus. I would be learning MCM myself, but I want to be doing that anyways.

My big worry, here, would be if you start doing major releases before I get anything done -- then I have to start over. But I also do not want to be annoying you by "touching your stuff" without your approval.

I was thinking of moving the entire thing into MCM -- I prefer to leave in-game interfaces for in-character concepts. This interface is a meta-gaming thing, so it just feels better in MCM. (And this mod seems like the best place for me to start, for addressing this kind of issue, but it's certainly not the only mod that has this issue.)

(snip)

Anyways, I will try to implement my concept of an SCES MCM plugin -- I cannot promise that I will have anything done soon, nor event that I will not get frustrated and give up before getting it working. But it's a place for me to start!

[/quote']

Moving the entire thing into MCM... well, I'd be interested to see if that can work. It does seem like that takes MCM quite far - you might want to do something small with MCM to get a feel for it first. Best way to avoid getting disgusted when a big plan doesn't pan out is not to plan too big from the start ;)

I'll answer any questions on SCES itself, of course, but won't be much use with the MCM side of things.

As far as releases go, I don't plan on radical changes other than what's already listed under "plans for the future" in the OP. The only thing I want to insist on is that the SCR formlists themselves stay the same unless Halstrom & me sign off on changes, so that backwards compatibility is maintained for mods that look for them. There's also a "naked" variable that CheckMeOut looks up quite frequently, which would be a pain to replace with something else, complex conditions being, well, complex.

Edit: that said... with current SCES -- how do we remove an armor from a form list?

You don't. Just as making backups, removing stuff from categories isn't implemented - SCES in its current form is more of a proof of concept than a completely finished mod with all bells and whistles.

Personally I would limit most of the MCM stuff to just Turning on & Off the mod or Debug settings, I think the rest is fine as it is.

I would like to put MCM into SCR and have the on/off for SCES in there as well as some SCR toggles for Debug & stuff I'm planning to add one day :)

The problem you'll have with attempting an all-MCM implementation of *anything* pretty much is that even a simple MCM implementation will push you close to the character limit for scripts. You can expand your menu by using multiple main menu scripts so as to get around that but the longer the menu list gets in MCM, the more chance it has of breaking since the scrollbar doesn't function correctly so either your mod or another mod gets broken if it gets pushed down the MCM menu list too far. That's why the MCM implementations you see are kept to the minimum of settings except for Sexout itself and Prideslayer is as annoyed as everyone else at the scrollbar issue and character limit issue. It's kind of why I was recommending that his NVSE plugin implement RunBatchScript first.

oh ok, i was wondering about that suggestion... not that it was a bad one, but didnt seem to make much sense at the time.

if the MCM has such a huge limitation why did people decide to use it in the first place?... could have done all your menus via a item within the players inventory?!

altho i suppose that might seem intrusive to many people.

just wondering what the thought processes were at the time.

MCM works just fine... for a moderately sized menu. Once you get into multiple pages of choices it starts to break down as you hit either the script limitation or the scrollbar issue. TBH, once you have a lot of mods that use an MCM page it can be a problem.

I believe that I can solve the script size limit issue. But I almost want to run into it, so I will have a tangible feel for it.

My script is currently 10k of source code,and by the time I add player and gear evaluation and form list evaluation, I could easily exceed the 32k limit for source code. (Or is that 16k?)

If I hit the limit, I expect that I will extract various bits of code into other quests, and that I will be using their quest stages for "method calls". For example, the MCM quest could become a rendering target/event system, and all application logic except string definitions ecould be moved into other quests.

Features I am currently hoping to include:

1. Select any piece of equipped gear (working -- currently I am not supporting weapon nor head)

2. inspect player status (port of existing functionality that currently writes to console) -- I might skip this one, to keep the script small

3. inspect gear status (analogous to inspect player)

4. add gear to formlists (existing) and remove from formlists (new)

I am also displaying the formid for selected gear, so that people can specifically describe gear that they think should be in formlists by default (and so that they can see the original defining master or plugin -- unfortunately I do not currently have any way of finding which of those has modified the gear, but I wish I did).

That's all for now (and this is plenty, especially since I have days where I do not have time to make progress on the script -- so the above could easily keep my busy for a couple months).

I am hoping that Sexout eventually has three formlists for undressing for sex (some gags should be removed for oral sex, for example). If or when that happens, that should be a relatively minor change to this thing (just an extra formlist or two -- though perhaps a hassle if I need to rearrange a screen).

Here is my current draft of MCM support for Clothing Evaluation.

I do not yet support player evaluation. I do give you a way of evaluating your equipment (you can see which lists each piece of wearable gear is in). But you have to manually walk through all the options if you want a comprehensive view.

I am not supporting "extra" variables -- I am only adding and removing items from form lists.

I support adding and removing most equippable gear (not weapons) from the various appearance formlists (along with the base sexout "safe for sex" formlists).

I have not implemented mouseover support yet.

The basic UI is: you select a piece of gear and then you add it to formlists (or remove it from formlists). Click the top row to change your selection.

Currently the UI is sticky -- it does not reset its state when you exit and come back. It does not even reset its state when you exit the game and come back in. I need to fix that...

But the core functionality is there. (And, personally, the built in mechanism in SexoutCommonResources was acting up on me.) So, anyways, if anyone needs this, it should hopefully not be too awful.

But it is just a work in progress, for now...

And, I think it's going to need additional form lists, that mean various sorts of things. But that will be a subject for discussion later on (when people have time to be adding support for those form lists).

Here is my current draft of MCM support for Clothing Evaluation.

I do not yet support player evaluation. I do give you a way of evaluating your equipment (you can see which lists each piece of wearable gear is in). But you have to manually walk through all the options if you want a comprehensive view.

I am not supporting "extra" variables -- I am only adding and removing items from form lists.

I support adding and removing most equippable gear (not weapons) from the various appearance formlists (along with the base sexout "safe for sex" formlists).

I have not implemented mouseover support yet.

The basic UI is: you select a piece of gear and then you add it to formlists (or remove it from formlists). Click the top row to change your selection.

Currently the UI is sticky -- it does not reset its state when you exit and come back. It does not even reset its state when you exit the game and come back in. I need to fix that...

But the core functionality is there. (And' date=' personally, the built in mechanism in SexoutCommonResources was acting up on me.) So, anyways, if anyone needs this, it should hopefully not be too awful.

But it is just a work in progress, for now...

And, I think it's going to need additional form lists, that mean various sorts of things. But that will be a subject for discussion later on (when people have time to be adding support for those form lists).

[/quote']

Cools stuff is this a seperate ESP or should it be merged with SCR, in which case it would be a lot easier if you can convert it to an esm

I am thinking that this should remain separate, for now anyways -- and maybe permanently?

First, this is alpha quality, unfinished code. I have presented an early draft here, and not a finished product.

Second, one of the issues I am having with the current (inventory based) SCES is that I cannot reset it without resetting all unrelated Sexout state. And, I cannot get inventory mode to work. I could hypothetically have tried to get that working by resetting it and assigning a new key (I was using semicolon). But that would be destructive to my game.

Anyways, if I ever get this to a final, polished form (which potentially means after new form lists have been added to Sexout, to SecoutCommonResources and to SCES), then incorporating it directly into common resouces might make sense.

So, for now, I very much want this to be an independent module. (And, perhaps the existence of this thread suggests that it should always have been an independent module?)

And... in the hypothetical long run... perhaps this set of features can be moved "out of the game" and into a tool that builds data files that can be shared. SCES is something of a "modder's resource". The fundamental problem though, is that there is information associated with the meshes which sexout should have access to. So SCES turns the player into a modder. Currently, we cannot put game visible flags on the meshes and even if prideslayer's new NVSE extender supported such flags we currently have a big installed base of meshes without any such flags, and without any database describing them.

Short story: throwaway code -- so separate ESP for now. Not want throwaway in SCR.

Edit: I have attached a quick hack to reset the SCES menu on game restart. This is not a gamebreaking issue (there is no reason for you to have to be wearing armor to add it to forms or remove it from forms) but I think it's confusing to have SCES UI state persist across game loads. (And, since I have implemented everything in quest variables, its quest state which the game faithfully saves across game loads...)

I also think that as long as you're still working on some core stuff and things that need testing, it should remain a separate esp.

I'll definitely have a look at what you came up with so far soon - right now, I'm (casually) looking into altering faction status of outfits, which means checking out how vanilla handles it first (very confusingly, apparently :D ).

Second' date=' one of the issues I am having with the current (inventory based) SCES is that I cannot reset it without resetting all unrelated Sexout state. And, I cannot get inventory mode to work.

[/quote']

Care to explain what you mean by resetting? As far as I know, SCES doesn't touch any core Sexout functionality.

Also, if you chose a hotkey after toggling SCEs on, it should fire up the menu system in inventory mode. I haven't had a single instance where it didn't, but maybe some script variable got stuck or something after tinkering with it?

I'm also a little puzzled by this sudden talk of meshes, but maybe that'll become more clear when I look more closely at what you've been doing - I'm a little behind on a lot of things :)

So' date=' for now, I very much want this to be an independent module. (And, perhaps the existence of this thread suggests that it should always have been an independent module?)

[/quote']

Well, this thread was created for testing & explaining what SCES was about. It continues to exist for troubleshooting, questions and what not, because I figured it was only fair to Halstrom that I keep taking care of that side of things.

Second' date=' one of the issues I am having with the current (inventory based) SCES is that I cannot reset it without resetting all unrelated Sexout state. And, I cannot get inventory mode to work.

[/quote']

Care to explain what you mean by resetting? As far as I know, SCES doesn't touch any core Sexout functionality.

I was talking about UI state.

With the first version I posted, you could wear an outfit, bring up the MCM SCES interface and select that outfit, and save. And, then, you could exit the game, uninstall the mod that provided that outfit, start the game, and load ... and SCES would still be sitting there, with a (now bogus) reference to that outfit.

And, I never tested whether that gets treated reasonably or causes crashes or anything.

My second version eliminates that possibility by resetting UI state when the game resets.

Also' date=' if you chose a hotkey after toggling SCEs on, it should fire up the menu system in inventory mode. I haven't had a single instance where it didn't, but maybe some script variable got stuck or something after tinkering with it?

[/quote']

It was very strange. I would hit the key and nothing would happen (no console messages, or anything). And, then I would close my inventory and I would get a game-mode event from the clothing eval system.

But I decided that I did not want to spend time debugging that -- I would rather spend that time writing something that fit my tastes. If nothing else, I wanted to be able to remove gear from formlists when I made mistakes.

I make numerous mistakes. :angel:

I'm also a little puzzled by this sudden talk of meshes' date=' but maybe that'll become more clear when I look more closely at what you've been doing - I'm a little behind on a lot of things :)

[/quote']

That was entirely theoretical talk. I currently have no code dealing with meshes directly. I need to use learn python and niflib before I can do anything involving meshes.

Ah I was just unsure that people would end up trying to run 2 versions od SCES at once your version and Doctasax's one in SCR.

If you need any formlists added' date=' no problems, that's what SCR is mainly about.

[/quote']

They do not conflict. But perhaps eventually DoctaSax's version should be moved into a module?

Here is one path where I think we could decommission DoctaSax's version:

1. I implement tha "eval" part of clothing eval.

2. You, DoctaSax, and I re-implement the "extra variables" in terms of FormLists. [You create the formlists for them, I implement edit support for them, and DoctaSax makes CheckMeOut use those formlists rather than using variables.]

Anyways, I can see decommissioning DoctaSax's eval mechanism, eventually, but now is not the time.

Ah I was just unsure that people would end up trying to run 2 versions od SCES at once your version and Doctasax's one in SCR.

If you need any formlists added' date=' no problems, that's what SCR is mainly about.

[/quote']

They do not conflict. But perhaps eventually DoctaSax's version should be moved into a module?

2. You, DoctaSax, and I re-implement the "extra variables" in terms of FormLists. [You create the formlists for them, I implement edit support for them, and DoctaSax makes CheckMeOut use those formlists rather than using variables.]

Anyways, I can see decommissioning DoctaSax's eval mechanism, eventually, but now is not the time.

Cool as I'm trying to keep the coding in SCR to just the stuff that needs to be shared across mods :)

Well, I had a look at your second version in the Geck & didn't understand a thing, but that's to be expected. But looking at it in-game, it really does look promising. I made a few screenies & attached them below so ppl can see what's going on. I haven't done much in the way of toggling things on & off, and seeing whether it will stick, but the MCM menu does seem to recognize the choices I made before with old/analog SCES, as can be seen in screenies 596, 600-2, & 605.

One thing that sticks out though, but you're probably aware of it, is that the first button seems to get stuck when you're down in a submenu like "aesthetic" & try to go back via hitting "selected" , ie "ragged" or "armor" appear where they shouldn't. (ss 591, 597, 603) Even when you get the text of the button to disappear, the checkbox is still there. (ss 598, 599) Things only seem to reset when you get down in a submenu again.

A few more things:

- there's a dependency on Legion.esm; is this necessary?

- do addon1/2/3 slots fall under "other"?

- switching from "gear" to "headgear" unlocks the extra stuff like my sunglasses & earrings - maybe that should be called "extra" to allow for things that aren't headgear, like stockings & belts? Or am I missing something obvious? Navigation on the whole seems to need some more clarity. But that's the sort of thing that can be expected in an early draft, so don't see it as criticism or anything. Or just the constructive kind.

I would hit the key and nothing would happen (no console messages' date=' or anything). And, then I would close my inventory and I would get a game-mode event from the clothing eval system.

[/quote']

That is odd, seeing as the hotkey is obviously still valid if you get the gamemode message. Sometimes you need to hold it down rather than hitting it, but still. Are you sure you were in inventory? It doesn't work in stats or quest menumode.

2. You' date=' DoctaSax, and I re-implement the "extra variables" in terms of FormLists. [You create the formlists for them, I implement edit support for them, and DoctaSax makes CheckMeOut use those formlists rather than using variables.']

CheckMeOut is mostly driven by the formlists themselves. The only variable it checks up on is "Naked", which can hardly be replaced by a formlist, it being toggled when eval figures out you don't have any main outfit equipped. Other than that, I don't see a problem.

I have no qualms about seeing old SCES in SCR removed when there's a better alternative, once that is functional. I do think having a version of SCES remain in SCR, no matter which one, keeps the possibilities it unlocks in the minds of modders. That's the thing with SCES: it wants to be used & keeps bugging me about it, calling me in the middle of the night, saying "dude, you need to mod for me more"... it's really annoying.

IIRC, Halstrom was looking into adding *some* MCM to SCR. Perhaps when MCM'd SCES is more developed, you guys can roll that into one MCM entry? Maybe it could help avoid that scroll bug in MCM I keep hearing about, and an MCM'd SCES would probably also be less intrusive to SCR than old SCES. Just thinking out loud here, and it really is Halstrom's call, of course.

Well' date=' I had a look at your second version in the Geck & didn't understand a thing, but that's to be expected.[/quote']

My code is probably not the best place to start, for working with MCM. You should start with the MCM Guide -- it's the bottom-most download when you visit http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=42507.

After you master the basics, I can explain what I am doing with it?

But looking at it in-game' date=' it really does look promising. I made a few screenies & attached them below so ppl can see what's going on. I haven't done much in the way of toggling things on & off, and seeing whether it will stick, but the MCM menu does seem to recognize the choices I made before with old/analog SCES, as can be seen in screenies 596, 600-2, & 605.[/quote']

Yes.. they both update the same form lists, so they should be 100% compatible (unless I have bugs in my code).

One thing that sticks out though' date=' but you're probably aware of it, is that the first button seems to get stuck when you're down in a submenu like "aesthetic" & try to go back via hitting "selected" , ie "ragged" or "armor" appear where they shouldn't. (ss 591, 597, 603) Even when you get the text of the button to disappear, the checkbox is still there. (ss 598, 599) Things only seem to reset when you get down in a submenu again.[/quote']

I think I fixed that bug in the version that I posted in the download forums. http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=6307

A few more things:

- there's a dependency on Legion.esm; is this necessary?

- do addon1/2/3 slots fall under "other"?

- switching from "gear" to "headgear" unlocks the extra stuff like my sunglasses & earrings - maybe that should be called "extra" to allow for things that aren't headgear' date=' like stockings & belts? Or am I missing something obvious? Navigation on the whole seems to need some more clarity. But that's the sort of thing that can be expected in an early draft, so don't see it as criticism or anything. Or just the constructive kind.[/quote']

The dependency on Legion is unnecessary, and I have rebuilt the plugin to eliminate that dependency.

I have labeled Addon Slot 1 "Inserted", Addon Slot 2 "Bottom" and Addon Slot 3 "Other". This was based on the type of gear which used those biped locations in SexoutCommonResources. But it should not matter, since those are just labels -- you should also be able to identify the equipment by name (or form id).

I would hit the key and nothing would happen (no console messages' date=' or anything). And, then I would close my inventory and I would get a game-mode event from the clothing eval system.

[/quote']

That is odd, seeing as the hotkey is obviously still valid if you get the gamemode message. Sometimes you need to hold it down rather than hitting it, but still. Are you sure you were in inventory? It doesn't work in stats or quest menumode.

Yes, I tried all sorts of things -- I have held down the key for five seconds. I have struck it repeatedly. I have struck it briefly. I have tried it with apparel inventory open. I have tried it with aid inventory open. I have tried it with weapon inventory open. I have tried it with misc inventory open... I have even tried it with other non-inventory positions open.

On the positive side, my frustration with that issue was one of the things which prompted me to write this plugin.

2. You' date=' DoctaSax, and I re-implement the "extra variables" in terms of FormLists. [You create the formlists for them, I implement edit support for them, and DoctaSax makes CheckMeOut use those formlists rather than using variables.']

CheckMeOut is mostly driven by the formlists themselves. The only variable it checks up on is "Naked", which can hardly be replaced by a formlist, it being toggled when eval figures out you don't have any main outfit equipped. Other than that, I don't see a problem.

I have no qualms about seeing old SCES in SCR removed when there's a better alternative, once that is functional. I do think having a version of SCES remain in SCR, no matter which one, keeps the possibilities it unlocks in the minds of modders. That's the thing with SCES: it wants to be used & keeps bugging me about it, calling me in the middle of the night, saying "dude, you need to mod for me more"... it's really annoying.

:)

So, ok.. personally, I would like to eventually eliminate all meta-gaming inventory items from my game. But I can wait!

IIRC' date=' Halstrom was looking into adding *some* MCM to SCR. Perhaps when MCM'd SCES is more developed, you guys can roll that into one MCM entry? Maybe it could help avoid that scroll bug in MCM I keep hearing about, and an MCM'd SCES would probably also be less intrusive to SCR than old SCES. Just thinking out loud here, and it really is Halstrom's call, of course.

[/quote']

I thought the scroll issue was that MCM menus cannot scroll (without significant effort from the menu implementer)? If that is not the issue then I am totally ignorant about this topic.

I think I fixed that bug in the version that I posted in the download forums. http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=6307

Ah' date=' wasn't aware of that thread.

I have labeled Addon Slot 1 "Inserted", Addon Slot 2 "Bottom" and Addon Slot 3 "Other". This was based on the type of gear which used those biped locations in SexoutCommonResources. But it should not matter, since those are just labels -- you should also be able to identify the equipment by name (or form id).

Well, maybe the labels should simply be named after the biped locations in the geck? Clothing mods such as Tailor Maid use those slots for boots, shoulderpads, etc.

Yes' date=' I tried all sorts of things [/quote']

Sorry to hear that didn't work for you. I don't have an explanation.

So' date=' ok.. personally, I would like to eventually eliminate all meta-gaming inventory items from my game. But I can wait!

[/quote']

Well, not too long of course.

I thought the scroll issue was that MCM menus cannot scroll (without significant effort from the menu implementer)? If that is not the issue then I am totally ignorant about this topic.

It's more likely I'm the one who's ignorant about it :) I just vaguely remembered something about too many different MCM entries messing things up. Vaguely.

The MCM scroll issue is a simple one. The MCM screen you access by pressing escape and then click Mod Configuration has a malfunctioning scrollbar. What happens is you have difficulty accessing mod entries in the list when they're near the bottom. I don't know if the MCM team has fixed it or not or if it's something we should just fix ourselves and then pass on to the MCM guys if we can...

I have labeled Addon Slot 1 "Inserted"' date=' Addon Slot 2 "Bottom" and Addon Slot 3 "Other". This was based on the type of gear which used those biped locations in SexoutCommonResources. But it should not matter, since those are just labels -- you should also be able to identify the equipment by name (or form id).

[/quote']

Well, maybe the labels should simply be named after the biped locations in the geck? Clothing mods such as Tailor Maid use those slots for boots, shoulderpads, etc.

I do not like Tailor Maid's design, and I specifically designed this mod to be working with Sexout Common Resources, but I can eventually add a "verbatim" option for labeling the slots which are only distinguished by number.

The MCM scroll issue is a simple one. The MCM screen you access by pressing escape and then click Mod Configuration has a malfunctioning scrollbar. What happens is you have difficulty accessing mod entries in the list when they're near the bottom. I don't know if the MCM team has fixed it or not or if it's something we should just fix ourselves and then pass on to the MCM guys if we can...

Ok! thank you! :)

I do not have enough MCM mods installed, right now, to trigger that bug. If or when I do, I can try to see if I can solve it.