Argonian Hybrid

bigdawg78

theres a CBBE version just like this for kajiit. maybe u could use that and just replace it with the argonian textures?

If you already have UNP/7B argonian textures, you could easily replace the body and hands with my textures, and you'd have the naked boobs.  There may be a neck seem.  

Added some more.  I can't help myself.  I love this character.  I keep looking at Halo's tumblr and site and am hoping to see the race pop up soon.  Maybe I should make the mod, and offer to send it to him and have him release it under his own name.

kOM6Xf0l.jpg

RkfSu70l.jpg

02HnIwil.jpg

qv4qetkl.jpg

kDU1aA7l.jpg

FQkWCgnl.jpg

0pZMw7Yl.jpg

An aside, I think I've learned how to blend the scales with the stomach a little better.  I would really like to get the light color of the scales to more closely resemble the skin, but I believe I can release textures that are a very close match.  These above, show a nice blending at the side and upper breast.  I just need to do that with the abdomen.

Other than the horns in the picture a few posts back, I would love to get a hold of the equippable tongues mod with a split bifuricated tongue.

The red looks way better in the photos than it did before! If this race mod gets released, I know I'll be trying it out right away, even if it means I'll have to figure out how to get armors and such for Sevenbase. :P

I also still want the race to work with the eye mods I use, so i can pick something other than solid black.

The red looks way better in the photos than it did before! If this race mod gets released, I know I'll be trying it out right away, even if it means I'll have to figure out how to get armors and such for Sevenbase. :P

I also still want the race to work with the eye mods I use, so i can pick something other than solid black.

Well the nice thing about 7base, is you can still equip UNP, UNPB, UNPC, UNP-top model armors just fine.  The only part of the textures that is targeted to 7base on the normal map, is the 7base breast area.  I don't think you'd notice unless you equipped some UNP armor that was topless.

There are lots of tricks with lighting, depth of field, field of view, etc but I don't know any of them! I would, however, love to see some more close-ups of how your char looks with the textures installed on top of Ohmes-Raht... how did you get the lizard tail?

Hey,

I have followed your steps and used the textures with Ohmes Rat race, works like a charm with UNPB. Really appreciate your and Halo's work.

kYvTP87l.jpg

Edit: Is there a trick too get good looking screenshots? 

2 Things.  1)  Use an ENB, and enable DOF for your screenshots.  2)  Grab the pinup poser mod from Halo's website to get nice stances.  

The ENB Is the hard part.  Takes time to fiddle with different ones to find which one you like.  And generally you end up picking other mods to offset the brightness of ENB (realistic lighting, etc...)

Funny thing is, I can't remember where I gave the directions.  I'm glad it is working for you though.  If you run into any snags please ask.  I can't provide the ESP but I can explain how to do it.

There are lots of tricks with lighting, depth of field, field of view, etc but I don't know any of them! I would, however, love to see some more close-ups of how your char looks with the textures installed on top of Ohmes-Raht... how did you get the lizard tail?

I'm not sure how he got the tail, but I can tell you how I did.  Eiries Ohmes-Raht already comes with a tail mesh (a khajiit tail mesh).  The Argonian Hybrid (starting to refer to it as half-dragon race) textures will do their part, but it would still have the shape of a khajiit tail.  So you go grab a mesh for an argonian tail, and copy it into the ohmes-raht mesh folder and make sure it has the same name (i.e. tail.nif).

Really there are 2 obstacles to highjacking the Eiries Ohmes-Raht.  And only the first is critical IMHO.

1)  You've got to fix the meshes.

1a)  get correct tail mesh

1b)  remove cat ears

1c)  add human ears

Fixing tail mesh

The argonian tail came from Halo's Breezy C NPC.  

http://mod.dysintropi.me/quick-breezy-update/

meshes/actors/breezy/femaletailargonian.nif to 

to

meshes/actors/character/ohmes-raht/tail.nif

Removing Cat Ears

You may be able to simply remove the cat ear nif file, but I removed it from the race entry in Tes5Edit.  You need to do this for both the race and vampirerace.  I've shown a screenshot in this post showing where it used to be before I removed it

Note that the place where the 5 body parts are listed (soon to be 4) is more than 1/2 the way down.  The male information is listed first.

SpL2Oi0.jpg

Fixing Missing Human Ears

I replaced the femalehead.tri and femaleheadraces.tri in the Ohmes-Raht mesh folder with those from the 'All in One UNP Faces' mod.  If you get yours somewhere else, go for it.  Just be sure you use ones from a female human race and not beast race. 

2)  Fixing the race name and race abilities

I show a screen shot here in this post, where I changed the name to Argonian Hybrid.  Only change it in the right panel where is says "FULL - Name" and it will update other places appropriately.  Note this is entirely superficial.  It is only so that at the racemenu, it doesn't show "Ohmes Raht".

I show a screenshot where I have replaced the 2 khajiit racials with 3 argonian ones.  Make sure you change the 2 to a 3.

In-game Race Name and Race Ability Changes

Below is a picture showing a changed name (that will show up for the user in-game only) and racial abilities from Tes5Edit.  Please note I had to change the number of powers from 2 to 3 also.  The areas in red I changed, except the WNAM - skin.  I shouldn't have circled that in the picture as I did not change it.

UbdUcoZ.jpg

*EXTRA*

If you want sevenbase, copy the necessary nif files in from the sevenbase mod into the ohmes-raht mesh folder (make sure names are correct).  

If you use a unique skeleton, be sure you copy the beast skeleton from your skeleton mod to the ohmes-raht mesh folder.

How do I remove the ears in TES5Edit? I found the part in your screenshot, but there's no option to remove it. I'm afraid I'm a bit of a noob with this sorta thing.

EDIT: Heh I found it, and I feel like an idiot. Had to right-click on the right column, not the left, then choose 'remove'. I'm on my way!

Bigdawg78, what have you done to me?

I went through your tutorial to get the Argonian Hybrid to work, and seemed to actually manage to pull it off! Well of course, if I'm going to use this race, I need the Sevenbase body, right? Right. So I install that, which means I *of course* must have some Sevenbase armors! This prompts me to download a conversion of CT77's stuff, not to mention a big long list of cool armors I believe you either linked or I found through your sig. 

'Oh,' I thought, 'I do still want pregnancy support... I wonder if there are Sevenbase versions of PSB?'. Naturally there are! The guy who makes them also includes a recommendation for HDT support, so I figure 'Why not?' and add that as well since I've never been brave enough to try it.

So here I am, hours later, and I've finally made my coveted Argonian Hybrid. She's... not quite there yet, as the pictures I've attached will show. She has a neck seam, for one, and for two she appears to still have a Khajit tail, I think because the Ohmes Raht race uses 'tail.nif' and, though I copied the Argonian tail in, I forgot to rename it. I've fixed that but haven't gone back into the game to test.

post-246140-0-55830400-1404594808_thumb.jpg

post-246140-0-81731300-1404594816_thumb.jpg

Hmm, the neck seem is problematic.  That isn't a texture issue but an actual gap.  I'm guessing a skeleton issue, but maybe a femalehead.nif mismatch.  You need to be using a head that works with UNP as opposed to vanilla or CBBE.

I'm going to see if I can back out where all my mesh files came from.  

Skeleton:  Beast Skeleton from XPMS w/ HDT v1.93a rev50

I grabbed the beast skeleton and copied it into the ohmes-raht mesh folder

Body:  HDT 7Base Bombshell BETAv4.rar

Apparently I had modified the textures for the _0 and _1 nif to point to those in the ohmes-raht folder.  I had also linked the body nif to hdt.xml.  Or maybe the HDT 7base body already came with it linked.  I can't remember.  

76lHVFc.jpg

Feet:  FemFeet Redesigned but the feet from standard 7base should be fine

Head:  Eiries Ohmes-Raht Race femalehead.nif

I edited this to include an HDT path to Data/SKSE/hdt.xml, but it is not necessary.  

Hands:  From SeveNBase Body

femalehead.tri:  Took me a while, but I actually am using the one from Female Facial Animation.  ZazAnimation version should work.

femaleheadraces.tri:  From All in One Face UNP mod

There is a mouthhumanf.nif and mouthhumanf.tri too, but I don't think those will give you a neck seam.

For armors:  

You can use UNP, UNPB, Sevenbase, or any version there of.  It's quite flexible.  

One thread I kept linked was this one.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/22185-help-with-unpb/?p=547914

*EDIT*

Also, there is the infamous Sexy Vanilla Female Armor.

I used the standalone, and then grabbed the 7base replacer and renamed the files.

I generally use Stevierage's mods as replacers, with the exception of a few provided by Shocky.

I've still got some tweaking to do in order to make it look just like I want it, but I was able to get the neck seam to go away! Woooooot! I first made it smaller by copying the HDT versions of the head and skeleton .NIF files into the Argonian Hybrid folder... which I initially forgot to do because I had already copied the files in correctly, but afterward decided to just go all-in with HDT. So after making the seam very small that way, I opened RaceMenu and used an ECE (Extended Character Edit) slider that makes the neck longer or shorter. By tweaking that slider a bit, I found a position where the neck seam went away and didn't come back even with movement. Tail is fixed now too... I was correct in that I just forgot to rename it.

So now my only real remaining problem is that she still has hand seams which are kinda bad. Any particular way to get rid of those? In the meantime, here are a couple more pics of my new girl. I loooove the shininess of the scales.

Edit: Derp, you mentioned hands. I'm gonna try copying those because I bet I didn't.

post-246140-0-58983800-1404607176_thumb.jpg

post-246140-0-02327600-1404607183_thumb.jpg

Well it looks like my neck seam issues are in fact not over. I did manage to fix it while my character is nude, but when wearing clothing, the seam appears again. :(

Not sure if this is good news or bad, but it's apparently not specific to the Argonian Hybrid; I made a Breton, and she's having the same issue. So it looks like the whole setup I did may have some flaws. Strange, I haven't had to deal with this in such a long time because of Bodyslide.

So, bleh. Gotta try and figure this out.

Well it looks like my neck seam issues are in fact not over. I did manage to fix it while my character is nude, but when wearing clothing, the seam appears again. :(

Not sure if this is good news or bad, but it's apparently not specific to the Argonian Hybrid; I made a Breton, and she's having the same issue. So it looks like the whole setup I did may have some flaws. Strange, I haven't had to deal with this in such a long time because of Bodyslide.

So, bleh. Gotta try and figure this out.

When you wear clothes, the body adopts the body mesh that came with the armor.  So if your character is good when nude, then you've done all you can.  

Try different armor.  

Step1 is always get your character looking correct nude.  Then play around with armor.  

I'm not sure how ECE fixed things, but if it fixes the neck while nude, your character may look messed up when wearing armor.

Like I said, get her looking correct while nude.  You shouldn't have to do anything to fix seams.   You may have to back off and make a normal character with the sevenbase body, and make sure there are no seams while nude.  Then move onto a custom race using a custom body.

I do not use ECE, so I can't say how the tri files will work with ECE.  I use the latest RaceMenu which now comes built-in with Chargen.

I've still got some tweaking to do in order to make it look just like I want it, but I was able to get the neck seam to go away! Woooooot! I first made it smaller by copying the HDT versions of the head and skeleton .NIF files into the Argonian Hybrid folder... which I initially forgot to do because I had already copied the files in correctly, but afterward decided to just go all-in with HDT. So after making the seam very small that way, I opened RaceMenu and used an ECE (Extended Character Edit) slider that makes the neck longer or shorter. By tweaking that slider a bit, I found a position where the neck seam went away and didn't come back even with movement. Tail is fixed now too... I was correct in that I just forgot to rename it.

So now my only real remaining problem is that she still has hand seams which are kinda bad. Any particular way to get rid of those? In the meantime, here are a couple more pics of my new girl. I loooove the shininess of the scales.

Edit: Derp, you mentioned hands. I'm gonna try copying those because I bet I didn't.

The pics look pretty good.  I may have the same seams for all I know, but ENBs can sometimes obscur or enhance defects.  Either way she's looking great.  Just don't know why you had to adjust her neck.

I know that with the skeleton I use, female heads are always too small.  Before RaceMenu 2.7, characters would auto start with a head size 1.08 (8% larger than normal).  With RaceMenu 2.7 (or whatever the latest is) it is no longer that way, but the heads are still too small.  But the head size doesn't adjust the necks (or at least I don't think they do).

Loving the character you made.  I'll see if I can get the more pink/red textures up in the next few days.

You said a very important thing! I never used ECE before either, though I recently tried it because I was messing around with another race mod that needed it. It does add lots of cool sliders, so I decided to hang onto it.

Weeell... I decided to disable it and try again. Oh look, no neck seam! Heh. Unfortunately, because I made my first character with it, she had glitches that I couldn't quite fix, so I had to start again and make another character. Here she is! Skyrim Unbound gave me a better start this time... better gear at least. ^_^

post-246140-0-51002100-1404618633_thumb.jpg

Some more image.  After defeating Alduin, I gave her dragon wings.  I decided it was her metamorphosis.

1nwCTiCl.jpg

Earlier, on her way to face Alduin.

p01k89Ul.jpg

ksDeqtUl.jpg

Skuldafn temple

raZtpGJl.jpg

hMk7GVJl.jpg

After the battle, she began changing.  

GC2AJD6l.jpg

sIZdg32l.jpg

vYsR78El.jpg

Accepting her new gift

Phs0YeTl.jpg

lYOl0gMl.jpg

wqjfcXtl.jpg

Perched like a dragon

LMYUB9Ul.jpg

Quite lovely.

If you ever do get to turn her into a full race mod, I'm wondering if a couple things would be possible:

1) Change the default voice. I think it was using the Khajit one in my game.

2) Make the tail move to the side during Sexlab animations.  :blush:  It's weird to see it spearing through people.

I forgot to mention I did change the voice to femaleargonian.  This is also doable in Tes5Edit.

I have noticed the problem with the tail during sex scenes.  But, I have no idea how to tell the tail to move during sexlab animations.  I am unaware if it does this already for argonians and khajiit in-game.  

It would figure of course, since beast races do tend to be the most unappreciated. When I once made an Ehres Raht version with the textures on these forums, I specifically asked to have the tail removed, and someone did it for me. With the bit of playing I've done in the CK due to trying to get this race to work, I could likely do it myself if I wanted. ;) Problem is, it just doesn't feel right without the lizard tail.

I don't really know how to edit the voice, but I kinda get the idea of how it must work... just gotta find the reference in there and change it, I imagine.

I have uploaded and provided a link on the first post for modified and improved diffuse textures.  The scales are slightly more flesh-toned and the flesh is naturally closer to the scales, while still very much human-like.  Some efforts have been made to blend the scales and the flesh together.

I haven't uploaded texture comparisons because I don't have the motivation to do so.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived