UPDATE - Uploaded scriptless (installer) alternatives of the main packs (normal and color-match).

Uploaded an optional patch to make Elin 2 adult size.  Only contains the master file so you need any of the main packs pre-installed then overwrite the master file with the adult scaling patch.

Screen_Shot8.jpg

I'm guessing the issue is with NMM?  You stated you had success when manually installing an earlier version of Elin 2.

The race installed or else they would not appear when selecting a race.  However, there is the possibility that NMM did not install all of the files.

Extract the TeraElin2 main package and open '000 CORE' then compare the folders and their contents with what you have installed.  If you notice any missing folders and/or files in your installation, copy those folders (easier than copying individual files) from the extracted archive to where you have the mod installed.

Now it could be NMM having issues with the FOMOD scripts.  Solution to that would be to extract the TeraElin2 main pack, open '000 Core' and create a new archive (7z, zip, or rar, your choice) of only the contents of the '000 Core' folder.

Uninstall the Elin 2 files you already have then install the new main pack you created.

If none of these work then I have no idea since Elin 2 uses their own bodies.

ADDITION

Currently Elin 2 uses the child scaling.  I'll upload an alternative master file that makes them adult scale.  I'll have it up sometime today.

Also I'll upload a main package that does not use install scripts.

I was talking about Elin 1.

Anyway... Elin bodies just doesn't work for me, I've checked all folder structure one by one. But nevermind, I've managed to create a quite good looking Elin by installing CBBE body and Elin presets with BodySlide. Everything looks nice now and I'm happy with using your mod. Thank you!

Hello, thanks for your hard work on this mod that I am using for years now (one of the essentials mods I need If I play to Skyrim)

So I was wondering with the new Skyrim Special Edition if ever alls required mods (bodyslides, skeleton, hairs, hdt, skse...) are updated to Skyrim SE you will think about updating Tera Elin too?
I think many will have this question so if you could answer on the mod description it would stop ppl (like me) to ask the same question.

Hello, thanks for your hard work on this mod that I am using for years now (one of the essentials mods I need If I play to Skyrim)

So I was wondering with the new Skyrim Special Edition if ever alls required mods (bodyslides, skeleton, hairs, hdt, skse...) are updated to Skyrim SE you will think about updating Tera Elin too?

I think many will have this question so if you could answer on the mod description it would stop ppl (like me) to ask the same question.

I'll update Elin race 1 and 2 for SSE once I know what needs to be updated, but right now, I'm having installation issues with Visual C++ Redistribution Package which is needed for SSE.  This will take awhile as I have limited free time right now.

Great mod. I can not figure out how to remove clothes. I have tried using bodyslide. I just can't seem to get it. Can anyone send me a file or explain how to get it to work correctly with bodyslide. Thank you

When building the body, press and hold 'CTRL' key when clicking on the BUILD button.  The body meshes will be created and saved in the Bodyslide folder (same folder containing the Bodyslide executable).  Do the same for the hands and feet is applicable.  Move the body (hands and feet if created) meshes to the Elin 2 Meshes folder:

MESHES > ACTORS > TERA ELIN

Overwrite the default body meshes.  

Cant wait for the SSE update, playing without elins feels so weird. I tried copying the assets myself but they just ctd when loading the race

I finally got the Microsoft VC 2015 Redist Pack installed only to realize the game has abysmal framerate even when playing in Low setting and window mode.

Strange to be facing this considering Fallout 4 runs smooth on High setting in window mode (laptop).  Doesn't SSE run on the same engine as FO4?

Then there we have to wait for the release of the new CK and any other toolkits.

Yeah the performance is really awful. Its mostly has to do with godrays the lighting... just looking at the effects cuts your frames

Theres reports if you disable the ini Vsync in skyrim.ini and enable vsync in nvidia control panels it gives more performance? I dunno i have amd so i cant test that.

But what i learn that fallout 4's enb files works for SSE and the Vsync and frame limiter works as well if you have no other options. Which amd is lacking these..

Fallout 4's Enboost in SSE might give extra frames

My Fallout 4 has all effects enabled with no ill effects on gameplay.  Anyway, I won't be surprised if Bethesda releases a few patches for SSE.

I'm just elated that I can launch SSE after wrestling with the VC Redistribution Pack.  I'll look around for whatever is available to stabilize my game then check if any of my mods work with SSE.

Does race compatibly scripts required being recompiled or does it work after unpacking?

To use with SSE?  I guess as long as papyrus is the same then the scripts will work.  RC does not use scripting from SKSE so they should work, but the master file (as well as plugins) may need to be updated with the SSE Creation Kit.  

Found the reason why SSE had terrible framerates, fixed it by making Nvidia assign the dedicated graphics card to SSE.

installed the Elin 1 main pack, but the Elin master files did not appear in the built-in manager so the Elin race was not added to the list of playable races.

Not sure if it's because the Elin files were not activated or not compatible.  I'm guessing it's the latter..

Go to Data > SKSE and remove the SKSE.ini file then open the PLUGINS folder and remove the pre-cache killer file.  Now try selecting the Elin race in showracemenu.

If it still crashes the problem could be Race Compatibility and/or Elin race need to be updated.

I'm going to install Wrye Bash and SSEEdit and see if I'll have any level of success.

Only the ears and tails selected from Hairs > Additions slider have HDT.  I'm not totally certain it's HDT-related even though HDT does not work with the new 64-bit Skyrim.  I had the same outcomes as you so I removed the SKSE folder and replaced the HDT ears/tails and skeleton with the non-HDT versions from v1.4.1 and I still crashed when selecting the Elins in showracemenu.

It could be the headparts, but can only guess at this time.

Also, when using the SSE-compatible Wrye Bash, the game starts, but only runs as a background process; nothing show on the screen.

Its the crashing is coming from the tera elin type hair styles thats made to be used with the ears. The miku hair and the other two hair styles are ffine but these ones crashes the game upon picking the elin race in the menu.

It would look better if i could make the head bigger. waiting until skse comes might be a good idea or just mess around with the meshes until u get rid anything related to hdt

jWJQVek.jpg

Have you installed the Elin NPC and Enemies mod?  Are the Elin NPCs appearing with dark/black faces?  I've read that NPC replacers causes the dark/black face in SSE, something to do with the facegeoms.

I'll look into your claim that the Elin hairs are causing the CTD.  I hope the fix is simple or else I might need to convert new hairs.

Hmm it seems that the 2 ellin followers that was on the elin 1 download page crashes when i try to get into the area they are placed in. 

Well, Elin NPC and Enemy is another mystery.  SSE does not play nice with them and the new 64-bit CK crashes when trying to save the plugins.

The Elin NPCs that I did see (Dorthe and an Imperial soldier) did not have the dark face bug so that's a relief.

I was able to get the Painted Lady to work with SSE by recreating the master using the SSE CK.  The old Skyrim version of Painted Lady kept crashing the game.

Whether that is the problem with the Elins I can't be 100% certain, but I may as well remake the masters and plugins, maybe merge some of them, with the new CK.  If the crashing persists then I know the cause lies elsewhere possibly the meshes.

I guess I need to be "that guy"

But any chance of a port to the xbone special edition?

Short Answer:  No

Long Answer:  The Elins use assets from Tera and from other Skyrim mods.  Even if those Skyrim modders give permission, Tera does not or at least that was made known by the publisher lately (I guess when they released Tera to EU and NA their stance on porting their assets to other games has changed).

There are also some dependencies such as HDT and ECE which itself depends on SKSE.  Elin 1 does not depend on ECE, but Elin 2 does for the extra morphs.

Finally, the Elins have passed through many of modder's hands over the years and they need to give permission because of their contributions, but many can't be contacted.