[idea] Dangerous loot (Cursed devious loot) (Mod released by Kim77)

My idea is that devious devices are obtainable in random loot chests and enemy bodies.

Those devices will equip automaticly when looting the body or container, to make looting a bit more exciting and give you more ways to get devices equiped to the player.

I sadly don't have the skills to mod this but i hope someone does who is willing to give this a go.

EDIT:

This idea is now a reality:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/33986-deviously-cursed-loot/

Thanks to Kim77.

Guest smellbo

Since Devious Devices For The Masses already adds lootable devices to the world, you might be better off asking there, as at least that mod includes a part of your idea  :shy:

Since Devious Devices For The Masses already adds lootable devices to the world, you might be better off asking there, as at least that mod includes a part of your idea  :shy:

I already asked there, still waiting for a response.

I just wanted to throw the idea into the open, not just a few people.

Pretty cool idea!

I personally like a little story in my Devious Devices, so I think this would be more fun as a quest mod of sorts. For instance, while going about her normal business (killing and looting), the PC will eventually pick up a cursed Devious Device that equips itself as you mentioned. Also on that particular corpse would be a note, pointing her at a particular NPC somewhere. Or maybe it could be hinted some other way that there's a person who knows about cursed devices, but either way, when the PC finds him/her she is probably taken advantage of and then informed that the only way to break the curse is to collect all the devices, then travel to some shrine and perform a ritual. Naturally, each device would lead her further into peril and debauchery, and the final ritual would be the greatest example of this. I'm just throwing this out there, so haven't fleshed out any details, but I think it could be very fun anyhow. ^_^

This idea actually sounds quite simple.

Can someone point me in the right direction to mod this myself?

Things like this can easily be done with a perk. First you need to create a perk and then right click on the white "Perk Entry" field and add conditions determining what containers you want to trigger the script. Then set Entry Point to "Activate" and turn on the "Run Immediately" flag. And then run the functions you want from the papyrus fragment below. Activating any object pointed by the conditions will run the script you wrote. Because of that you'll also have to add some safeguards against it happening all the time like cooldown or random chance and so on.

I think this is the simplest and least intrusive way ^^

This idea actually sounds quite simple.

Can someone point me in the right direction to mod this myself?

Things like this can easily be done with a perk. First you need to create a perk and then right click on the white "Perk Entry" field and add conditions determining what containers you want to trigger the script. Then set Entry Point to "Activate" and turn on the "Run Immediately" flag. And then run the functions you want from the papyrus fragment below. Activating any object pointed by the conditions will run the script you wrote. Because of that you'll also have to add some safeguards against it happening all the time like cooldown or random chance and so on.

I think this is the simplest and least intrusive way ^^

Ok, thanks.

I'll give it a go.

Pretty cool idea!

I personally like a little story in my Devious Devices, so I think this would be more fun as a quest mod of sorts. For instance, while going about her normal business (killing and looting), the PC will eventually pick up a cursed Devious Device that equips itself as you mentioned. Also on that particular corpse would be a note, pointing her at a particular NPC somewhere. Or maybe it could be hinted some other way that there's a person who knows about cursed devices, but either way, when the PC finds him/her she is probably taken advantage of and then informed that the only way to break the curse is to collect all the devices, then travel to some shrine and perform a ritual. Naturally, each device would lead her further into peril and debauchery, and the final ritual would be the greatest example of this. I'm just throwing this out there, so haven't fleshed out any details, but I think it could be very fun anyhow. ^_^

I did have a similar idea a few months ago for a quest that would lead you to collect different devices all over the world, and would require you to lock them on. The catch being that they'd be impossible to remove at all, they would have some extra enchantments on them to compensate though. Or perhaps allow choosing before the quest somehow if there was an NPC after completing the whole thing that could remove them, in some hard to reach place. I did have some story ideas for it and how the NPC would be quite central character in it.

I did make the items but never got around to the quest ;)

Pretty cool idea!

I did have a similar idea a few months ago for a quest that would lead you to collect different devices all over the world, and would require you to lock them on. The catch being that they'd be impossible to remove at all, they would have some extra enchantments on them to compensate though. Or perhaps allow choosing before the quest somehow if there was an NPC after completing the whole thing that could remove them, in some hard to reach place. I did have some story ideas for it and how the NPC would be quite central character in it.

I did make the items but never got around to the quest ;)

I should have known! Ehehe. ^_^

If anyone could do a mod like that justice, it would totally be you, Srende! Since you already have the devices made, were you thinking about going ahead with it, or at least using them in some way? Devices with both a boon and a curse would be quite awesome.

I love the idea of cursed devices that auto-equip on you when you loot them and toyed around with Papyrus code a little. I wrote a little patch for DD Integration that does pretty much what the OP suggested - if you loot a DD item from any container, there is a chance it will "curse" you and equip itself on you. I made it dependent on the player character's arousal, so the more aroused she is, the higher the chance that the DD item will "curse" her into tying herself up. Being REALLY aroused comes with the additional chance to equip other items in the player's inventory or even her misplacing her keys while being brainwashed by the device. So, looting DD items in mid-combat is now a pretty dangerous thing to do, and my poor character has managed to hopelessly tie up herself in mid-combat a few times (which in my case triggers Deviously Helpless...*giggles*).

It's really just a proof of concept at this point and there are probably a lot more elegant ways to do it than my dirty hack of altering the DD code directly. The finer workings of the Creation Kit elude me at this point, though (and Papyrus is such a confusing language, too...). I'd normally post my patch if someone wants to try it for giggles (it's really fairly crude at this time, though), but DD Integration's licence doesn't permit bundling (part of) its code with other mods if I interpret it right - and so far I didn't figure out a (working) way how to implement it without directly hooking into zadEquipScript.

I will keep playing and see what I can do. :)

I love the idea of making quests involving cursed items too, but I am too much a noob modder to seriously look into that at this point. I...have no idea how to set up a quest with the CK. :(

I love the idea of cursed devices that auto-equip on you when you loot them and toyed around with Papyrus code a little. I wrote a little patch for DD Integration that does pretty much what the OP suggested - if you loot a DD item from any container, there is a chance it will "curse" you and equip itself on you. I made it dependent on the player character's arousal, so the more aroused she is, the higher the chance that the DD item will "curse" her into tying herself up. Being REALLY aroused comes with the additional chance to equip other items in the player's inventory or even her misplacing her keys while being brainwashed by the device. So, looting DD items in mid-combat is now a pretty dangerous thing to do, and my poor character has managed to hopelessly tie up herself in mid-combat a few times (which in my case triggers Deviously Helpless...*giggles*).

It's really just a proof of concept at this point and there are probably a lot more elegant ways to do it than my dirty hack of altering the DD code directly. The finer workings of the Creation Kit elude me at this point, though (and Papyrus is such a confusing language, too...). I'd normally post my patch if someone wants to try it for giggles (it's really fairly crude at this time, though), but DD Integration's licence doesn't permit bundling (part of) its code with other mods if I interpret it right - and so far I didn't figure out a (working) way how to implement it without directly hooking into zadEquipScript.

I love the idea of making quests involving cursed items too, but I am too much a noob modder to seriously look into that at this point. I...have no idea how to set up a quest with the CK. :(

Sounds great.

I'm just starting to mod and i want to be able to do something like that, so how did you do that?

Can you tell me what you added/editted i really want to know how. :D

You might want to send Kim77 a PM, as sometimes these threads can escape peoples' notice if they aren't specifically watching them. It sounds like a really fun idea, so I hope something comes of it.

Ok, thanks i'll do that then.

Love everything about this potential mod.

Question though; if a bandit/chest has, say, a belt are we talking auto equip when its picked up or would it auto place in inventory and equip simply by opening loot screen.

Either way it sounds great

I fiddled with a similar idea for myself a bit ago, but never got beyond modelling the collar, where those small dwemer chests that always hold gemstones and jewelry would have a chance of ejecting that dwemer collar. The thing locks around your neck and counts down from 7 days, after which it snaps fully shut and rips your head from your shoulders. As the fatal day approaches it gets tighter and tighter, causing a black blurry ring to slowly gobble up your screen to show how bad you have it.

You can try pick it, reducing the timer or get NPC's to look at it for a favour or gold, such as the thieves guild. Some may know outright how to remove it, such as Delvin Mallory or Vex (depending on if you want a master or mistress), but they will want a costly favour in return: your freedom and for you to attain them several valueable items before they let you go. In the meanwhile ofcourse they're not shy to make some good use of you while they can and if you take too long, they might just draw the thieves guild symbol on you, marking you as a cache for the whole guild. But be sure to hurry, because they have no intent to fully disable the device and will at most turn the timer back by a few days!

I would think you'd have to pick it up before it auto-equips, not just look at the inventory. It would be a nastier curse if the item could jump into your inventory as soon as you open the chest containing it, but I don't know if Skyrim could do that.

The way I implemented it is making a check whenever you loot a device from a dead body or chest. It's probably possible to make the check as soon as the menu is opened too, but I guess it might be a major PITA to get to work with all the different containers in Skyrim. So far I think it's more immersive if some action on the player's side is required other than just opening a chest and "poof, you're now in chains", so I didn't explore that option a lot myself.

Btw. I asked the author of DDI if it would be ok to post my patch here. I haven't got an answer yet, though. In the meantime I am looking for ways to implement my patch without directly altering DDI functions. I am a very inexperienced in modding Skyrim and why Papyrus does some of the things it does is still an enigma to me. My main challenge right now is that I can't seem to overload some of DDI's functions from my own scripts in a working fashion (it works for all sorts of things, but not with DD items, oddly).

I'd still love to turn this idea into a proper mod, so I will keep trying. :)

You could try an Idea I'm experimenting with.

Have a cursed collar equip to the player from an quest.

Have an enchantment and event added to the collar so it will add unremovable cuffs, armbinder, gag and blindfold when the player excitement at 40, 60, 75, 90 etc and the cuffs, armbinder, gag and blind will only be remove form the player when he/she climax but still reappear on them when their excitement increases again until he/she get the curse collar removed.

That may make things easilier on event set up by using the npc add and remove item command with a quest event adding the collar.