This mod is confuseing I don't understand how this works I try every thing on it I don't get it...

You'll need to be a little more specific about your installation and the problems you're seeing. You might want to post your load order and papyrus log to help us locate what's going wrong for you.

Is SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp activated in your load order? Is your game crashing? Have you installed and activated the dependencies? Can you access the mod configuration menu? Are you able to trigger SexLab animations at all?

I was thinking of something earlier. I had a Devious Devices event with an included animation. At that moment AC also fired and the first event got paused, then when I was underneath a horse it resumed, stopped, and I was left standing until the next horse animation sequence kicked in. It looked a little jarring. Now I don't know if AC should be handling it, but Deviously Helpless has a toggle to ignore DH if a Submit/Defeat event occurs or something, could AC likewise get a soft dependancy to ignore triggering until a DD event is done?

I was thinking of something earlier. I had a Devious Devices event with an included animation. At that moment AC also fired and the first event got paused, then when I was underneath a horse it resumed, stopped, and I was left standing until the next horse animation sequence kicked in. It looked a little jarring. Now I don't know if AC should be handling it, but Deviously Helpless has a toggle to ignore DH if a Submit/Defeat event occurs or something, could AC likewise get a soft dependancy to ignore triggering until a DD event is done?

What sort of DD event was this? Was it an animation registered with SexLab?

Standing masturbation animation, I think it's from ZAP possibly but DDi uses it for its plug and piercing horny events. But yes, since ZAP animations go through SexLab I guess technically it's a SL animation.

The problem here appears to be the asynchronous nature of the animation system - Aroused Creatures performs checks to see if the actors are already involved in an SL animation, but another animation can then trigger AFTER the check is made so the two animations end up running together. In the past I've seen a single NPC engaged with two horses at the same time with the animals clipping through each other and the NPC cycling between the two positions - interesting but not the desired result.

Since I've added more checks I've not seen this happen again myself. I suspect it is affected by script lag so if there is a lot going on the checks are more likely to be invalid by the time an animation starts.

Honestly I'm not sure how to fix this. I don't think any more conditions will help if even SexLab itself is not catching it.

I've pretty much avoided this by changing the timers (in the MCM menu's) for all the differnt mods so that there is AT LEAST a 7 second difference between each mods checks. I set the ones I'm more interested in seeing to a low number like 4-6 and then set the others in the order I'm most interested in to 7 seconds after that 11-13 and so on down the line. It means that some of the animation packages don't fire their cloaks to check very often but the consistant 7 second lag between checks almost always means that even with the animation start lag the character is correctly identified as being currently engaged and the other mods lay off. Maybe it will help some others out there to try this method.

would it be possible to set different conditions for rape/consensual? like if creature arousal is more than X and player arousal is more than Y then sex is consensual. While at the same time if creature arousal is more than X and player arousal is less than Y then do rape? Would that kind of thing be possible?

would it be possible to set different conditions for rape/consensual? like if creature arousal is more than X and player arousal is more than Y then sex is consensual. While at the same time if creature arousal is more than X and player arousal is less than Y then do rape? Would that kind of thing be possible?

I'm going to think about this one. It should be technically possible and I'd like the mod to be as flexible as possible.

Maybe if this is a selectable option in place of the Consensual setting (currently just a toggle). So instead it would be three options Consensual, Non-Consensual and Threshold. When set to Threshold the arousal of each actor is taken into account using the existing threshold sliders. Then the engagement will only be treated as non-consensual if the creature's arousal is above its threshold and the PC/NPC's is not. So setting the PC or NPC's threshold to 0 would make every engagement consensual while setting it to 100 would make every engagement non-consensual - then you can find the sweet spot between them.

Starting to get a little concerned about the configuration getting so complicated that it's difficult to tell which settings are being overridden and which are doing the overriding. This one in particular stands to conflict with the Both Aroused option.

Just updated Devious Devices Integration to 2.8.2 from 2.8.1 and had some animation issues. 2.8.2 uses some kind of new 'phantom animation' feature, I don't know the details or if it's that which is causing it with AC or something else, but seemed like too much of a coincidence.

First an issue that's not linked to the update. So I'm walking to my horse, all aroused and so on, expecting to get jumped. As sometimes happens - maybe linked to AC, it crashes the instant the animation is supposed to trigger. This happened before 2.8.2 update too, and I suspect it's either SexLab 1.59 causing it or Aroused Creatures - probably AC as I don't remember non creature animations doing it. It goes something like this: Start up Skyrim, trigger a creature animation, crash. But not every time. For instance, if I restart Skyrim, usually (every time that I can recall), it will trigger the animation correctly. Just that the first time for some reason it crashes. I don't know what it's trying to initialize instead.

And then the new issue with 2.8.2, which seems to have been sorted, atleast for now. Following up from the above crash, I restarted, walked to my horse again expecting the scene to play out normally this time. But, horse lifts its frontlegs, gets an erection and I get a Visual C++ error and have to manually close Skyrim down. So try again, same thing happens without the VC error. No animation plays, horse stuck with an erection. Thinking of trying to do the faction fix, but restart Skyrim instead and try again. This occurs three more times, until finally the animation plays, if a little late. Both actors arousal zeroed, I can't immediately test it out again, and don't really feel like going through crashes and what not anyway.

Just updated Devious Devices Integration to 2.8.2 from 2.8.1 and had some animation issues. 2.8.2 uses some kind of new 'phantom animation' feature, I don't know the details or if it's that which is causing it with AC or something else, but seemed like too much of a coincidence.

First an issue that's not linked to the update. So I'm walking to my horse, all aroused and so on, expecting to get jumped. As sometimes happens - maybe linked to AC, it crashes the instant the animation is supposed to trigger. This happened before 2.8.2 update too, and I suspect it's either SexLab 1.59 causing it or Aroused Creatures - probably AC as I don't remember non creature animations doing it. It goes something like this: Start up Skyrim, trigger a creature animation, crash. But not every time. For instance, if I restart Skyrim, usually (every time that I can recall), it will trigger the animation correctly. Just that the first time for some reason it crashes. I don't know what it's trying to initialize instead.

And then the new issue with 2.8.2, which seems to have been sorted, atleast for now. Following up from the above crash, I restarted, walked to my horse again expecting the scene to play out normally this time. But, horse lifts its frontlegs, gets an erection and I get a Visual C++ error and have to manually close Skyrim down. So try again, same thing happens without the VC error. No animation plays, horse stuck with an erection. Thinking of trying to do the faction fix, but restart Skyrim instead and try again. This occurs three more times, until finally the animation plays, if a little late. Both actors arousal zeroed, I can't immediately test it out again, and don't really feel like going through crashes and what not anyway.

Sounds like a memory issue or too many mods......Have you tried installing low rez textures?

Almost certainly unrelated to the update. Are you even wearing any DD gear when the crash occurs? If so, post a copy of your log and we can rule it out entirely.

Ok, got an opportunity to test it some more. I'd say it's somehow connected to some change DDi 2.8.2 made even though the two mods should have nothing in common.

So start Skyrim, clear a dungeon, arousal has hit a point where AC could trigger so I go outside and cautiously approach my mount. It crashes as expected, but as I said earlier, this initial crash isn't connected to DDi. Restart, approach horse, animation starts  sort of. I get stripped by SexLab, then redressed immediately and am put into the first position of the animation but appear to be stuck as I'm not moving, though jumping breaks me out of the pose - other movement doesn't - I'm still in the pose but am now sliding across the ground. Quickload an try again, get into trigger distance and the same thing happens, this time another animation but I'm stuck in a pose again, no movement happening. Was going to enable logging but the third time everything runs fine.

Ok, got an opportunity to test it some more. I'd say it's somehow connected to some change DDi 2.8.2 made even though the two mods should have nothing in common.

So start Skyrim, clear a dungeon, arousal has hit a point where AC could trigger so I go outside and cautiously approach my mount. It crashes as expected, but as I said earlier, this initial crash isn't connected to DDi. Restart, approach horse, animation starts  sort of. I get stripped by SexLab, then redressed immediately and am put into the first position of the animation but appear to be stuck as I'm not moving, though jumping breaks me out of the pose - other movement doesn't - I'm still in the pose but am now sliding across the ground. Quickload an try again, get into trigger distance and the same thing happens, this time another animation but I'm stuck in a pose again, no movement happening. Was going to enable logging but the third time everything runs fine.

SexLab can glitch out for no apparent reason and the stuck pose is one of the symptoms of that. Might also have something to do with the crashes.

First thing I would do with an issue like this is run the Clean System tool from SexLab MCM and see if that does anything for you.

Are you seeing the same results if you disable AC in the MCM and use MatchMaker with the horse?

The Visual C++ crashes you were seeing could be indicative of corrupt behaviour or FNIS files in SexLab. If it is a general creature animation problem not isolated to AC then it may require reinstalling just to make sure all the files are good.

I didn't bother doing the Clean System thing. Instead I deleted all mesh data and scripts for SL and installed those again, also got rid of Bestiality Animations that some user said were good to have anyway even though they're outdated and SL already has all of them. Well, I only gave it one test and it took a long while as I did Sergius quest, but no crash on approach. So maybe that fixed it. However, whilst running around the college questing, I did notice one possible issue.

When Brelyna or whatshername wants to experiment on you and first turns you into a cow, then horse and then a dog I think, SLAC wakes up. I had messages turned on, and on cow it said couldn't find animations - fine. Horse it seemed to try and run something but then it quickly turned into a dog and at that point it said something about already engaged, ignoring for 2 hours. Maybe have AC ignore that particular quest? I'm guessing the engine turns the PC invis and just teleports the animals there.

I didn't bother doing the Clean System thing. Instead I deleted all mesh data and scripts for SL and installed those again, also got rid of Bestiality Animations that some user said were good to have anyway even though they're outdated and SL already has all of them. Well, I only gave it one test and it took a long while as I did Sergius quest, but no crash on approach. So maybe that fixed it. However, whilst running around the college questing, I did notice one possible issue.

When Brelyna or whatshername wants to experiment on you and first turns you into a cow, then horse and then a dog I think, SLAC wakes up. I had messages turned on, and on cow it said couldn't find animations - fine. Horse it seemed to try and run something but then it quickly turned into a dog and at that point it said something about already engaged, ignoring for 2 hours. Maybe have AC ignore that particular quest? I'm guessing the engine turns the PC invis and just teleports the animals there.

I think you're right. All have to disable the cloak during those quest stages.

Thanks for the heads-up and glad you got the other problem sorted.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still kinda confused on what thing: What animals does this affect? Does it only affect Horses?

With a vanilla creature roster it will work on dogs, horses, armoured huskies and armoured trolls - basically any creature that is not hostile to the player and has an SL animation. You may find there are exceptions such as bandit horses that appear friendly but are actually just passive enemies.

You can use mods like More Nasty Critters and Tame the Beasts of Skyrim II that will provide more non-hostile creatures including some types that are normally only enemies.

• 4 weeks later...