[Tutorial Request] making mods and where to begin?

Jappercut

I think that there are two things that should be considered before any major writing starts.

1. What forum should this be under?
  2. How should it be split up?  Should there be one thread for Geck usage and a separate one for scripting?  A Sexout one should DEFINITELY be separate since it's a beast (with 2 backs ;)).  In making a tutorial for GECK usage, what's the order in which things should be covered?  Depending what you want to make, you might not even touch certain form types for a long time.

I see it (them?) as being a post with a shit-ton of reserved posts under it for subsequent lessons.  That's part of the reason that I think that a structure/list of topics should be created first.  Something's going to get left out.  That's just how it is.

I think it'll go in the tutorials and guides. I'll cover sexout as optional content. It will be mainly scripting but enough general GECK stuff to get started without knowing anything.

I've written a draft with sections:

1) Setting up the GECK

2) Creating your first script (MessageEX) and running it in game as a quest. This is kind of clever, because the script doesn't compile if you failed to setup the GECK for NVSE.

3) References / Base Forms / Functions: simple overview

4) Conditions (if else)

5) Variables 1

It gets your writing scripts that work in game by the end of part 2, and evolves after that.

After that I was thinking:

Optional exercise) Sex key mod with SexoutEZ

6) Variables 2 - Scope

7) Dialogue scripts

8) Spells

9) Object scripts

10) Loops

11) Arrays and form lists

Optional excercise) Orgy mod.

12) Appendix

How does that look?

Archived