[Request] Longer Elven Ears

In Oblivion there were quite a few mods to increase the size of Elvish ears, since Elder Scrolls ears are pretty small. :sleepy:

Are there any existing mods that have some variable sizes?

Unfortunately I haven't any experience with modelling or importing into Nifskope to make my own.

In Oblivion there were quite a few mods to increase the size of Elvish ears' date=' since Elder Scrolls ears are pretty small. :sleepy:

Are there any existing mods that have some variable sizes?

Unfortunately I haven't any experience with modelling or importing into Nifskope to make my own.

[/quote']

i'm not sure we will see this any time soon with the way the head meshes work, but could be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi first post.

Anyways. I have been able to make a custom race. However, the process of makling a custom race is much more complicated than Oblivion or Fallout. Besides from the complications of making custom races. It also seems that the way Skyrim is structured, custom races on different esp's will comflict with each other.

I will upload an my esp if people want to try it out.

Hi first post.

Anyways. I have been able to make a custom race. However' date=' the process of makling a custom race is much more complicated than Oblivion or Fallout. Besides from the complications of making custom races. It also seems that the way Skyrim is structured, custom races on different esp's will comflict with each other.

I will upload an my esp if people want to try it out.

[/quote']

I would really like some new races! :D

I downloaded a dremora-race-mod at nexus, but somehow those have not very many hairstyles, and also whatever they wear, they still appear naked. Maybe it's because of mods I run, but I would definitely check your races out!

Yes making over would be much easier and get rid of any comptability problems. I will try doing that.

I would really like some new races!

I downloaded a dremora-race-mod at nexus, but somehow those have not very many hairstyles, and also whatever they wear, they still appear naked. Maybe it's because of mods I run, but I would definitely check your races out!

The reason why armors don't appear on new races is because the vanila armors have restrictions on races the armor will appear on. When I said that new races will cause problems this is why. You actually need to go through every armor armture and enable the custom race so that they will so. This is also why comptablitiy is a problem. If there are more than one esp. The game will only have the armor enabled for the race that is loaded last.

the airy ears are cute yea' date=' but not quite the style im wantin >.< just the stock ears extended is about what im wantin personally, not so much the crazy shapes like faun and whatnot lol

[/quote']

Yeah, I completely agree :P

I would love to see what you skilled modders could do. It seems that making stuff for Skyrim is a lot harder than it was for Oblivion.... I'm completely lost all over again :P

In a nutshell i think that is probably the most requested makeover at the moment, i for one atleast want that, have to agree that the current faces are very..alien..to be honest i would very much enjoy having a range of ears to choose from, from stock to maybe something nuts like from world of warcraft kinda nuts. variety is the spice of life after all :P

I completely agree with you 100% Keilkravec. I figure you're talking about something like this:

lineage-history-and-memory-2a464.jpg

A nice oblivion one:

12785-1190657426.jpg

The tera helm that adds elven ears looks like it came from this Oblivion mod:

SS4836.jpg

Here's one of my own classic characters with those ears:

1622020-1297309061.jpg

The loop ear style ear type though, makes me think of more fae like elves. So they would be decent for a new custom race. Though to modify the standard races, I think the ones above would work well.

I would like ears that at least stick out of most of the hair mods out there. Some current hair mods cover one of the ears, making it even hard to discern if the character is even an elf or not.

Verrry close Silvist. Just had to go out and run an errand, thankfully my being a gear head driving a big V8 gives me my best thinking process. Best mod idea i can come up with, is taking a good few ear shapes, say the ones you listed Silvist, and maybe all the ones we could port form oblivion or original, then give them a height and a width slider, to make them more extended, or taller to an extent. alot of work and a good bit of scaling would be involved, but this seems like the best option to cater to a large majority of users, seeing as everyone has their own personal preference for Ears and such, some like smaller less obvious sizes some of us enjoy a medium length, fairly obvious ear some like big WoW style cartoonish big ears. Seeing as the CK is out, i'm personally curious as to whether or not some if not most of the oblivion type character customization could be implemented into skyrim, but seeing as the models (i think) are veery different from oblivion to skyrim this may or may not even be possible. But this is what i got so far. What you guys think?

I'm dying for well, I guess the best description of what I would love to see would be an updated mange elves race.

34449-1-1285005227.jpg

obviously by updated I'm speaking of a not so plastic skin textures, high resolution maps and such.

It very possible to port almost anything from Oblivion not speaking of just weapons and armors. Races and such would need a bit of updating as they would (as you had stated already) need to work with the sliders or it would most likely cause unexpected crashes or other issues. I know each body must have a light and heavy model which is very different from Oblivion where pretty much every body was the same basic size but via models were made to be extra curvy or very thin. The nice part of all this new body sizing in skyrim is the general diversity possibilities with the NPCs. Remember, nothing is impossible it just takes the right modders and a creative outlook.

Ryanhans thats all pretty much it, as far as updating the skin to not be so plastic as you said, thats just a matter of mainly using existing race textures. unless of course you talking the custom races that were made in oblivion such as the dremora and some of the oddball demon races, those would need to be reworked practically ground up as far as textures were concerned, but correct me if i am wrong, but for those races i think there is a dremora type skin out currently yes? if not taking it from say Sanguine or something..just a thought there. Summgai - The ears regardless would match skin tone since the sliders have been extended, it would just be a matter of the modder making the ears matching the ear color to the rest of the body as they are from stock settings. so all in all you can make it whatever color your heart desires regardless :)

Would someone be so kind as to pass a link to the Airy ears? They look pretty awesome.

I was under the impression that it was packaged with the airy outfit... but I was sadly disappointed. Unless there has been an update to the outfit that left the ears out. If thats the case I would love to get my hands on an older release so I can get those ears until something better comes along. :D

Would someone be so kind as to pass a link to the Airy ears? They look pretty awesome.

I was under the impression that it was packaged with the airy outfit... but I was sadly disappointed. Unless there has been an update to the outfit that left the ears out. If thats the case I would love to get my hands on an older release so I can get those ears until something better comes along. :D

The ears were with the Airy outfit I got. The one you got had a bunch of different outfits right? Should have included a light armor, a version of the top without armor, a transparent dress, and black lacy underwear. There should also have been a scarf and necklace.

The ears should be craftable under jewlrey named "Airy ears", and should appear at top of list. Should note that they only come in one colour and will not adjust to your skin tone unfortunatly.

If you have a different Airy mod that doesnt have all that then try this one: http://www.mediafire.com/?641j7a0b8cvxa29

+ this for english names for it: http://www.mediafire.com/?p3pgkof2l0hxzkj