Leashes, are they possible?

Thelargir

I'm just wondering if it is at all possible to make a working leash for skyrim? Perhaps with HDT? 

I just played through an enslavement-sequence with SD+, and thought it would be greatly improved with such a thing. No more free roaming. :P

If you check out Paradise Halls with PH Extension, there is a leash spell. If an NPC is wearing an enchanted collar, you can cast the spell near them to set an anchor point. If they try to run outside of the radius, it displays a lightning bolt from the anchor point to the collar, and a shimmering dome around the center appears for a second.

I believe the author has said that in the future, he wants to make the spell so that it works centered on the caster, a bit more like a leash as you imagine it. Maybe you could put in your suggestion there to have a mundane leash option as well as magical.

• 6 months later...

So, how hard would it be just to make a dangling collar leash ? Think the chains used in "Sexlab hormones" just to hang off the player. That would be cool, and probally pretty easy ? 

Easy no, easier than leashes yes, do-able yes. If it were to be done any time soon it'd be either by zaz or by theFirstHeretic in his HereticalResources mod which already has a couple items with HDT chains hanging loosely (from cuffs and other cool stuff).

• 2 months later...

Well I wanted to look at the possibilities of leashes, tethers and the like and I found something that might be useful. While it's not perfect, I think those of you who are interested in creating leashes should take a look at the soul crystal traps in the soul cairn, they create a visual magical tether between the player and a hidden mannequin actor inside the soul gem which is persistent while valid actors are within range, this is done using a cloak spell to detect the valid actor and a script to maintain the visual link. I have begun experimenting with this and have gotten it to work from 1 actor to another, ie. the player in a room with haelga, added the spell to her and voila, magical tether between both the player and haelga which both stretches and curves to both actors movement. 

I know this isn't a physical chain, but the visual effect wouldnt be too hard to switch to something that suits. And I saw SexDwarf's post mentioning how paradise halls leash system which would fire a lighting bolt from the 'leash point' to the collar the npc slave wears, I also downloaded the mod to look for myself too. So if someone could figure out how paradise halls does that, and combine that with the soul crystal effect... persistent tether between 2 actors, one end of which is attached to a collar.

• 1 year later...

Archived