Robots, Gynoids, Androids, Sex & Pregnancy, Thoughts & Ideas?

Currently there aren't any animations yet for Robots etc but Pergnancy does have the capability for Mini EyeBot & Mini HandiBot Pregnancy on the basis that some mod gets the dormant bot implanted (Ova in the female aren't required), but the Bot's don't grow, they just sort of wait in there for a time period (around 10 days at 100%) before birthing out in a baseball or basketball sized round casing.

Now I'm looking at support for the Ares race, and wondering what to do with them for Pregnancy, I'm thinking just treat them as perhaps an accelerated incubator but otherwise treated as a Human. Maybe their Ova produce growing Eyebots by nanites but require semen to initiate.

Now as far as Robots/Androids growing inside a living host the only way I see that happening is by Nanites, but I don't see nanites as really being Fallout Lore unless I missed something.

For Robot semen I was thinking along the lines of them ejaculating random/exotic creature semen or semen from Humans to repopulate the wasteland dependant on who was running the robots.

So I'm throwing the question out there for discussion on what users would like to see.

I think it's important here to distinguish between androids and robots, one being a humanoid race, the other a clunky metal creature.

For androids, I don't think nanites are particularly more off-key than androids themselves, lore-wise.  While most of the tech never get to the miniaturization stage, some progress got made in the isolation of the Institute to allow for androids, in which case nanites are probably fine.

I don't see them creating protectrons though, nor can I see protectrons depositing them.

Yeah I'd nearly go to the point of 3 races, Clunky Robots, Floating "Eggable" Bots and Androids.

Not sure somethings like Protectrons, Securitrons etc, need to be created by Pregnancy at all, the Min Handy bot's & Mini Eyebots sort of made sense because they were roundish and could be "egg shelled" into a Host.

Personally I think, if nano-tech can actually do what it is implied that it does in a human for this idea, then why do you even need a human?  I don't know it just sounds redundant to me.  The eyebot/robot pregnancy, I find utterly absurd (don't hit me).  It just seems a most inefficient (and silly) way to reproduce.

I think all eyebots/robots should be nothing more than autonomous sex toys.  Though you could go off the sci-fi deep end in all directions (giving material/taking material/implanting devices/trackers/etc).  I think the most viable way around this is for the robot to implant material that belongs to someone else. ie. All Mr. House faction bots give you essence de Mr. House.

Doc makes a good point about androids.  I would assume they already possess some kind of genetic material, in which case nano-tech could be a facilitator to producing their own compatible genetic 'seed'. ie. Just give them sperm. lol

I think the House-goo idea is pretty cool.  Is there a way pregnancy can make the offspring grow up to look like House, or at least something like Rene Auberjonois?  

I just had a disturbing vision of an army of House's all saying "House" sort of like Being John Malkovich joining the Securitrons at the dam.

As far as robots needing a human... The robots have been out there on their own for a couple of centuries (in alot of cases, at least).  They possess some form of intelligence but being clunky and un-dexterous (eyebots and protectrons)they have no real ability to build intricate Science!-y machines to construct/contain/grow more robots.  So they can't reproduce a-la Mass Effect's geth, but perhaps they have attained enough sentience to reprogram themselves in some ways.  They need "power" for their "offspring", and since animal life is in abundance maybe they figured out a way to draw the power they need from mammal wombs.  They deposit some minor portion of themselves, or nanites, whatever, which then proceeds to build itself further within a human.

Just the first idea that popped into my head.  It's late so I can't tell if it sucks  :D

How about this?

In the case of older tech, the bot implants some sort of hardware including an incubator designed to grow the brain that functions as the robot's CPU as part of some emergency repair/replace protocol. You can explain that in the case of a human, it can convert chemical energy and nutrients to be used for the process. In the case of the ares, it would just sort of plug itself in.

That way there's no need for vague and unspecific nanomagic hand-waving

Hmm, I could add MCM setting to Pregnancy to force Female Androids to be Sterile, produce Eyebots or Androids by Player Choice.

For Male EyeBots/Robots/Androids we basically want to know each Bots motivations:

Is it wanting to just hump the Actor till they Orgasm or Fatigue.

Is it wanting to inject an incapacitating drug like SleepEz to take the victim elsewhere.

Spreading a wasteland wide "Cure" inoculation, LustOh, Fertility enhancements or perhaps Sterilisation?

Implanting Spy Eyebots or Bombs? I could perhaps latter set up a Pregnancy type that required you to be at a specified location for birth to occur and caused pain/pleasure inducements to motivate.

Some mad experiment injecting Random, Mutated or Radioactive Semen.

This would need MCM settings in Spunk that could be overridden by Robot Mods.

Personally, I see robot reproduction as mildly ridiculous. In very specific instances, certain robots could be set up for experimental reproduction. In general, though, if robots are at all equipped for sex it'd just be as a sterile sex toy. Same with Androids/gynoids like Daughters of Ares. There are much more efficient means of production around the wasteland (Cerulean Robotics, House Tools, the robot production facilities around Big MT, the RobCo Factory in the Capital Wasteland if you play TTW, etc.), using nanites to turn human females into walking factories makes no sense. I say leave the general robot populace sterile, and if someone absolutely MUST make robot breeders, make a test/experiment facility like Breeder's Riverside.

Yeah, it seems to be a common feeling that robots are sterile but do they orgasm/ejaculate at all?

Or is their trigger going until the recipient Orgasms or Collapses?

Do Female Androids do similar?

I definitely plan to set Sterile as the default option for Androids in Pregnancy but I also need to structure it so there can be a Robot Breeder options.

As soon as I can get TTW working I then plan to install Daughters of Ares and Ares and add support for them to Pregnancy so they can or can't get pregnant at least by MCM setting rather than just treated as Caucasian.

The FO wasteland is also full of inefficient absurd ideas like turbine powered ground vehicles :)

I would place all robot sexual abilities under fetishism unless it's intended to be against the will of the player.  ie.  A robot that ejaculates.  Ejaculation would be a fetishist feature, akin to having different attachments for your love doll.

I can't see any reason to standardize robot impregnation outside of a quest mod.  So maybe facilitate the option for quest mods?  That's just imo.  I'm in the same camp as KC.  Though I've still got a pile of ideas for when/if robot sex anims ever get put in.... someday.

EDIT:  Just thought of a funny idea.  Robot Fluid Exchange Programs! lol

Robot goes to one location, guy screws it, uploading his seed.  Robot goes to second location and screws woman, impregnating her.

Edited by t3589

LOL  That would make a great story line now that I think about it.  Old broken down fertility robot used by married couples to procreate over long distances when they can't be together.  Some old coot in the hills finds it, fixes it, falls in love with it, and figures out he can bang it.

What he doesn't know is that it's malfunctioning and implanting everything slow enough for it to catch within 300 miles with his deposits...  Would make a great mod.  Like being chased around by a horny Dalek.

Wartime measure, created by the government to facilitate soldiers procreating with their wives back home. I think we're on to something here.

And I literally LOLed at "horny dalek". My girlfriend is staring at me like I'm insane, and I'm laughing to hard to explain.

• 3 weeks later...

horny dalek

EEE-JAC-U-LATE! EEE-JAC-U-LATE!

I think this opens up the possibility for a quest in which a town is celebrating an "immaculate" conception. As far as anyone from the town can tell, the child doesn't look like any of the drifters that've been through, and the timid and sheltered mother of this child basically has an alibi that she hasn't left the town, let alone the fact that she doesn't know the ins and outs of reproduction, or anything about the world abroad.

Some skeptic in the town could raise some doubts to the PC and spur an investigation. I've got a few ideas on how it could go, but none of them are really concrete. Basically, the idea forces an encounter at some point, etc.

• 2 months later...