[WIP] Male Tera Armor Conversion for SOS

DarkSchneiderBS

Wow, i've found my definitive outfit biggrin.png Thanks DS for the amazing work. But I've always the "strange shadows" issues on the modified armors sad.png I don't understand why!! (They appear in daylight) anyway i can't wear off my new aoutfit, I'll keep it even with the Strange shadows. I hope to solve this puzzle! Thanks again!!!!!! smile.png

EDIT:

Just a question: Why so many blocks in the nif when in the original aren't (like Tailbone and others).?

Anyway i've isolated the problem (at least for the Cerulean Alchemist). The issue appears when i wear the related gloves and in 1st person the bodyskin appear grey (screenshot). Indeed not wearing them the strange shadows not apeears.

READ THIS:

User PERRAINE wrote: ...I'm doing some ingame tests now to see how it lookw and works and one problem I'm getting is weird shaows on my model, I'm staning in the middle of a field with no trees or other objects to cast shadows at me so why do I get this bug ? please help smile.gif

Indoors and night time it's fine only during daytime do I have this problem.

ANSWER:

To fix the weird shadowing it's an issue caused by the bones number used in skyrimm per vertex , in the rigging of the mesh just set to max 4 bones per vertex and this should fix it.

Weird shadowing on the mesh when looking at it ingame on outside -------------------- reduce the amount of bones affected by rigging from 20 to 4 and remove zero vertices with a % less than a 0.something of your choice

Please, How Can I do it (at least for one armor) ? Thanks

enb_2014_08_02_19_39_29_76.jpg

enb_2014_08_02_18_16_36_55.jpg

enb_2014_08_02_18_23_41_09.jpg

Hi~!

Thank you as always!!!

The missing skin is due to the weighting and slot number problem.

I had to be more careful with the stuff....:(

And about the shadow problem!

I wasn't aware that problem because I was not actually playing with the armors! lol

(i don't have time to play skyrim...anymore...:( )

There was a report that there's a weird shadow problem with the DLC 2 armors, and I haven't figured it out.

You gave me the answer.

I included all the bones because copying the meshes in nifskope always takes too much time to match the bones.

So I made a base body with every bone (omg) and used it as a reference.

I will remove extra bones at the next version.

(However, I haven't touched the glove this time...somehow the body also contains the glove bone and causes a weird effect I guess...)

Anyway, Thanks for the research(!) and the answer I was looking for!

Still a lot to learn! :)

BTW, if you're using skimpy underwear version, be careful that there can be CTDs if female character wears the armor, 

I added Skimpy underwear with armor addon in CKtools and it didn't work as I intended. :( 

Wow, i've found my definitive outfit biggrin.png Thanks DS for the amazing work. But I've always the "strange shadows" issues on the modified armors sad.png I don't understand why!! (They appear in daylight) anyway i can't wear off my new aoutfit, I'll keep it even with the Strange shadows. I hope to solve this puzzle! Thanks again!!!!!! smile.png

EDIT:

Just a question: Why so many blocks in the nif when in the original aren't (like Tailbone and others).?

Anyway i've isolated the problem (at least for the Cerulean Alchemist). The issue appears when i wear the related gloves and in 1st person the bodyskin appear grey (screenshot). Indeed not wearing them the strange shadows not apeears.

READ THIS:

User PERRAINE wrote: ...I'm doing some ingame tests now to see how it lookw and works and one problem I'm getting is weird shaows on my model, I'm staning in the middle of a field with no trees or other objects to cast shadows at me so why do I get this bug ? please help smile.gif

ANSWER:

To fix the weird shadowing it's an issue caused by the bones number used in skyrimm per vertex , in the rigging of the mesh just set to max 4 bones per vertex and this should fix it.

Weird shadowing on the mesh when looking at it ingame on outside -------------------- reduce the amount of bones affected by rigging from 20 to 4 and remove zero vertices with a % less than a 0.something of your choice

Hi~!

Thank you as always!!!

I had to be more careful with the stuff.... :(

I wasn't aware that problem because I was not actually playing with the armors! lol

(i don't have time to play skyrim...anymore... :( )

There was a report that there's a weird shadow problem with the DLC 2 armors, and I haven't figured it out.

You gave me the answer.

I included all the bones because copying the meshes in nifskope always takes too much time to match the bones.

(However, I haven't touched the glove this time...somehow the body also contains the glove bone and causes a weird effect I guess...)

Still a lot to learn! :)

BTW, if you're using skimpy underwear version, be careful that there can be CTDs if female character wears the armor, 

I added Skimpy underwear with armor addon in CKtools and it didn't work as I intended. :(

Anyway i think THois tools can help you

Meshes Rigger

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24797-mesh-rigger-skyrim-fallout-oblivion-beta46-3-23-2014/

Testing it I've discovered that can copy from a set of body meshes origin to a target one copying and reolacing the skeleton. It works (tested) on your armors (cerulean) indeed had copied the skeleton of SOS as is but the Problem seems to be the gloves.

anyway take a look. :)

Hi DS I'm having so much fun with your conversions :D No weird shadows, the only issue I've found so far is the clipping with some robes like Ebon Shroud or Solace when crouching. I don't know if you will be able or have time to address this anyway thanks again for your efforts :) I wonder why the Eternal Magus robe could not be converted to SOS, it looks pretty close to the Nightwinder or Sikhanda robes, don't you think ?

Causing CTD

If you're using skimpy underwear version, uninstall it and reinstall the version without skimpy underwear version.

let me know If the problem continues.

Forgetting to install the original armor files also causes CTD... I forgot  :blush: 

Hi DS I'm having so much fun with your conversions biggrin.png No weird shadows, the only issue I've found so far is the clipping with some robes like Ebon Shroud or Solace when crouching. I don't know if you will be able or have time to address this anyway thanks again for your efforts smile.png I wonder why the Eternal Magus robe could not be converted to SOS, it looks pretty close to the Nightwinder or Sikhanda robes, don't you think ?

Hi~

I'm kind of aware of the situation, some of them can be fixed in the next release.

However, there're lots of armors that can't be fixed due to its original design...:(

Eternal magus robe is one of the armor that I gave up because of its design.

It can't be done as Nightwinder and Sikhanda Robes since it's not open sideways. 

I think it's hard to make conversion any soon.

I don't have plan to make the conversion soon. :(

(Also, original mesh doesn't have proper weighting (_0 and _1). )

Cheers~!

EDIT:

READ THIS:

ANSWER:

Hi~!

Thank you as always!!!

I had to be more careful with the stuff.... sad.png

(i don't have time to play skyrim...anymore... sad.png )

You gave me the answer.

Still a lot to learn! smile.png

I added Skimpy underwear with armor addon in CKtools and it didn't work as I intended. sad.png

Anyway i think THois tools can help you

Meshes Rigger

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24797-mesh-rigger-skyrim-fallout-oblivion-beta46-3-23-2014/

Testing it I've discovered that can copy from a set of body meshes origin to a target one copying and reolacing the skeleton. It works (tested) on your armors (cerulean) indeed had copied the skeleton of SOS as is but the Problem seems to be the gloves.

anyway take a look. smile.png

It helped me a lot!

And I've learned some thing. :)

Thank you for improving me~:)

I understand :) No problem, we are lucky you dedicated so much time and work for these conversions. Most of the male armors have slider support now, much better than the original mod ... Time for you to take vacation :cool: Cheers !

Hi DS I'm having so much fun with your conversions biggrin.png No weird shadows, the only issue I've found so far is the clipping with some robes like Ebon Shroud or Solace when crouching. I don't know if you will be able or have time to address this anyway thanks again for your efforts smile.png I wonder why the Eternal Magus robe could not be converted to SOS, it looks pretty close to the Nightwinder or Sikhanda robes, don't you think ?

Hi~

I'm kind of aware of the situation, some of them can be fixed in the next release.

However, there're lots of armors that can't be fixed due to its original design... :(

Eternal magus robe is one of the armor that I gave up because of its design.

It can't be done as Nightwinder and Sikhanda Robes since it's not open sideways. 

I think it's hard to make conversion any soon.

I don't have plan to make the conversion soon. :(

(Also, original mesh doesn't have proper weighting (_0 and _1). )

Cheers~!

@DarkSchneiderBS

Hi, i don't know in which version of TERA armors you're working on but in the V1.91 the gap in the forearm not wearing the gloves there isn't. The problem for all armors (weird shadows) is in the gloves. Not wearing theam the shadows disappear but the gap remains.. I've solved for now wearing different gloves from other armors... sometime don't look nice but at least cover the gap :) (I've imported some nif in my mod for testing).

• 2 weeks later...

@DarkSchneiderBS

Hi, i don't know in which version of TERA armors you're working on but in the V1.91 the gap in the forearm not wearing the gloves there isn't. The problem for all armors (weird shadows) is in the gloves. Not wearing theam the shadows disappear but the gap remains.. I've solved for now wearing different gloves from other armors... sometime don't look nice but at least cover the gap smile.png (I've imported some nif in my mod for testing).

Long time...:)

I've been working something else lol

I want to solve the problem, however, I'm not that good...lol

I may work on it if I find a way to solve the problem.

@DarkSchneiderBS

Hi, i don't know in which version of TERA armors you're working on but in the V1.91 the gap in the forearm not wearing the gloves there isn't. The problem for all armors (weird shadows) is in the gloves. Not wearing theam the shadows disappear but the gap remains.. I've solved for now wearing different gloves from other armors... sometime don't look nice but at least cover the gap smile.png (I've imported some nif in my mod for testing).

Long time... :)

:D oky, nevermind. At the end i've unistalled it ... too many issues for a normal playing. :) Thanks anyway for the mod. :)

@DarkSchneiderBS

Long time... smile.png

biggrin.png oky, nevermind. At the end i've unistalled it ... too many issues for a normal playing. smile.png Thanks anyway for the mod. smile.png

That's too bad...

May I ask what kind of issues you've experienced?

@DarkSchneiderBS

Long time... smile.png

biggrin.png oky, nevermind. At the end i've unistalled it ... too many issues for a normal playing. smile.png Thanks anyway for the mod. smile.png

That's too bad...

May I ask what kind of issues you've experienced?

...always the same (stupid and ugly to see) weirds shadows. ;) Maybe it's only a my problem, but is the only mod that does that.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived