[Unofficial] Mudbox Texture Tutorials

blabba

Ok, now I am confused.

I triple checked, thinking that Windows might be hding files from me.

But no.

After unpacking the archive, this is all I see in the folder:

attachicon.gifFolder.png

I used the highest resolution one, so now I'll try anotehr one when I have the chance.

But unless I am seriously derping here I have no idea what could be wrong.

Those very well could be all the textures there are for realgirls right now (I believe the author said it's in beta?)

But I know for sure with Mature skin you'll have a full set.

When I attempt to do this, with the real girls skin it gets stuck on calculating tangents and the coloring for the hands are some sort of weird dark-jade green.

Try it again, it means it just got stuck or you just have to wait for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've figured out why it appears things are getting "stuck" for mudbox users. It would appear that the larger and higher quality you make the maps, the longer it takes for it to send them from the current UV map to the next. I left mine running for an entire shift at work and its only just gotten past the tangents and is not setting ocular maps. This seems a little exxadurated for such a program, so I wonder if the problem actually lies in Mudbox2015 and isn't really the fault of any user in particular. Going to keep playing around with this and see since for some reason the hand meshes don't line up with the body meshes for me. Installed the meshes included in the CITRUS download, but it is still beta so it might have just become upset with me a little. Things happen. I'll play with that and see what happens as well.

I've done 2k-4k textures no problem. Took like 10-20 mins at 4k.

Normal Maps take a bit longer though. (Usually their uncompressed and like 4k-8k)

I dunno about ever having problems with the texture transferring tools in mudbox, but I'm using mudbox 2014.5 and my system has a large amount of RAM (16GB)

I'll upload the OBJ's soon, so people with other mudbox versions or other tools like zBrush or something can try doing the same thing.

Just updated the OBJ's for people who can use other programs like zBrush/3dsMax/Maya or whatever to transfer the textures themselves.

If your selected application asks you for a 'preset' to import the .obj's please select 'Mudbox', If it doesn't ask you, then your probably fine anyway.

just converted the Fairskin hand texture and it was a HUGE success just by following your guide. 

there was no seems at all and totally smooth. i love it <3 its perfect now! god!

here is a MEGA link for you guys that want it. (hosting it here aswell now Fairskin Citrus Hands.rar )

Screenshots for the look  :D

63e6f02e46.jpgb8a4198476.jpg767829923b.jpg

way to get the look as i have is to follow this file priority:

1. Citrus Body and Textures

2. Fairskin Textures

3. My UV map patch ( i used version 7.4.1 for the conversion so if there is change in texture color then i have to make a new one i guess.)

The Fair Skin Complexion is made by HHaleyy and i have nothing to do with this texture other than fixing the UV map for it.

also, if people dont want to do this for themselfs, i can always do it again for you for whatever UNP texture you might have (i guess..... i can atleast try for you  :P)

Fairskin Citrus Hands.rar

just converted the Fairskin hand texture and it was a HUGE success just by following your guide. 

there was no seems at all and totally smooth. i love it <3 its perfect now! god!

here is a MEGA link for you guys that want it. (hosting it here aswell now )

2. Fairskin Textures

3. My UV map patch ( i used version 7.4.1 for the conversion so if there is change in texture color then i have to make a new one i guess.)

The Fair Skin Complexion is made by HHaleyy and i have nothing to do with this texture other than fixing the UV map for it.

also, if people dont want to do this for themselfs, i can always do it again for you for whatever UNP texture you might have (i guess..... i can atleast try for you  :P)

I'll take you up on that offer if you are willing. I don't know why but its taking 8 hours at a time for mud to render these textures on my beast of a gaming computer, and even then when its finished both times, I'm either getting a strange jet-black texture, or the seams don't match and are all disconnected, or both. If you can get it to work it would be much appreciated. 

Femalehands Specs.rar

2. Fairskin Textures

I'll take you up on that offer if you are willing. I don't know why but its taking 8 hours at a time for mud to render these textures on my beast of a gaming computer, and even then when its finished both times, I'm either getting a strange jet-black texture, or the seams don't match and are all disconnected, or both. If you can get it to work it would be much appreciated. 

suuuuure. will atleast give it my best shot. dont know what im doing. but aslong as the guide is working for this file aswell we should be fine XD LMAO

2. Fairskin Textures

Here thats the .dds file and the PSD file (incase you need to edit something.) the texture looked fine over here ( tho i didnt have rest of the textures XD)

2. Fairskin Textures

Here thats the .dds file and the PSD file (incase you need to edit something.) the texture looked fine over here ( tho i didnt have rest of the textures XD)

Thank a ton. Never really worked with 3D imaging, but with all the other parts of Skyrim I've started playing with I decided I'd give it my best shot. Its just beyond my comprehension for the moment, but at least the community is willing to work together and help when people get stuck.

2. Fairskin Textures

Thank a ton. Never really worked with 3D imaging, but with all the other parts of Skyrim I've started playing with I decided I'd give it my best shot. Its just beyond my comprehension for the moment, but at least the community is willing to work together and help when people get stuck.

i really just followed the mudbox guide to the letter. nothing more nothing less.

2. Fairskin Textures

i really just followed the mudbox guide to the letter. nothing more nothing less.

So did I was the weird part. It seemed pretty straightforward and simple, but it just never came out like it was suppose to. I'm almost certain I was doing something wrong tbh tho.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi Could some one point me in the direction of a tutorial for Gimp please. This will be my first time making a project and I could use some guidance. What I'm trying to do is take a skyrim argonian texture _d.dds and put it into fallout 4. When I do this for my char is works fine and I'm happy with the result using _s & _n.dds from fallout 4 cbbe mod. But the problem I'm trying to fix and I have no idea on how to tackle it, is getting the head and body textures to match up so it dosen't look like a blatant difference where the two different textures meet up.

Archived