Alright, I haven't gotten a reply yet, so I'll just release what I have so far.

This modifies the script-files:

• sslActoraAlias.pex
  • sslVoiceDefaults.pex
  • sslVoiceSlots.pex

If you have any mods that modify those files or if you modified them yourself, this will not work!

Installing:

• Install via ModManager or manually.
  • Back up all equivalent files beforehand, just to be safe.
  • Reset voice registry in the Sexlab MCM.

Uninstalling:

• Remove/replace original files.
  • Reset SL-voice registry.

The release should cause no conflicts otherwise. Aside from the new "Canine" voice, nothing else is stored on the save-game, so it should be safe to use. In any case, create a seperate save-game for testing.

Features so far:

• 1 voice for wolves

Issues:

• The canine voice is selectable as a character-voice. There is currently no structure to exclude specific voices from being used by players and I didn't want to mess with the registering mechanics just yet.

Thank you for this alpha !

I will get back to give you feedback.

Mmm... Btw, what are the requirements ?

SexLab 1.57 and whatever you already need to have creature-animations running. It might work with an older SL version, if the files are compatible, but I'd suggest upgrading anyway since most mods will need the new version, too.

It doesn't seem to work with SexLab v1.39b

I reset the voice registry by using the option in SexLab MCM, it seems to break the voice registry :

1) The voice doesn't appear in the list.

2) When I click on the PC voice to try to change it, it turns into RANDOM and doesn't want to change anymore.

Will test with v1.57

That's the problem with these kinds of changes. Anything that touches the existing SL files needs a compatible version. Adding new script files isn't going to be easy either, since you apparently need to add them as forms to the SexLabQuest in the esp, you can't just create new instances of e.g. sslCreatureVoices.

I think I'll write to Ashal again and see about that git repo.

Tested with v1.57 and...

Good news ! It works for me !

I just tested this alpha version with the Skyrim vanilla Dog and the standard Wolf, not with huskies or dog hounds or snow wolves or... but I tested with other creatures like Trolls and Saber Cats and as far as I can say it works as intended :

1) When choosing only canine voice for NPC and testing on creatures, only Dog and Wolf take this voice.

2) When choosing no voice for NPC and testing on creatures, dog and wolf have no voice, just like other creatures.

3) The voices are cool but not really matching the action right now, the climax should be different (stronger ?) and there should be more panting, and I don't remember hearing the bark during SSL canine animations to tell the truth, but this was just a quick test, I need to test it much more and so far this is just the beginning, it looks very promising. This is already much better than before ! Dogs and Wolves make sounds ! This is great ! Keep up the good work, Azolgar ! 

I will give more feedback later.

• sslActoraAlias.pex
  • sslVoiceDefaults.pex
  • sslVoiceSlots.pex

If you have any mods that modify those files or if you modified them yourself, this will not work!

Installing:

Uninstalling:

The release should cause no conflicts otherwise. Aside from the new "Canine" voice, nothing else is stored on the save-game, so it should be safe to use. In any case, create a seperate save-game for testing.

Features so far:

• 1 voice for wolves

Issues:

• The canine voice is selectable as a character-voice. There is currently no structure to exclude specific voices from being used by players and I didn't want to mess with the registering mechanics just yet.

SexLab 1.57 and whatever you already need to have creature-animations running. It might work with an older SL version, if the files are compatible, but I'd suggest upgrading anyway since most mods will need the new version, too.

I reset the voice registry by using the option in SexLab MCM, it seems to break the voice registry :

2) When I click on the PC voice to try to change it, it turns into RANDOM and doesn't want to change anymore.

Will test with v1.57

That's the problem with these kinds of changes. Anything that touches the existing SL files needs a compatible version. Adding new script files isn't going to be easy either, since you apparently need to add them as forms to the SexLabQuest in the esp, you can't just create new instances of e.g. sslCreatureVoices.

Tested with v1.57 and...

I just tested this alpha version with the Skyrim vanilla Dog and the standard Wolf, not with huskies or dog hounds or snow wolves or... but I tested with other creatures like Trolls and Saber Cats and as far as I can say it works as intended :

1) When choosing only canine voice for NPC and testing on creatures, only Dog and Wolf take this voice.

2) When choosing no voice for NPC and testing on creatures, dog and wolf have no voice, just like other creatures.

3) The voices are cool but not really matching the action right now, the climax should be different (stronger ?) and there should be more panting, and I don't remember hearing the bark during SSL canine animations to tell the truth, but this was just a quick test, I need to test it much more and so far this is just the beginning, it looks very promising. This is already much better than before ! Dogs and Wolves make sounds ! This is great ! Keep up the good work, Azolgar ! 

Thanks. I was thinking about how to implement a constant panting for wolves/dogs/werewolves, but it's not that easy. The script calls an update-function that also triggers a new moan(), provided the sfxtimer has run out on the previous one. Getting a constant sound to play might need a new structure entirely, or a prolonged sound that lasts until the next update call.

• sslActoraAlias.pex
  • sslVoiceDefaults.pex
  • sslVoiceSlots.pex

Installing:

Uninstalling:

Features so far:

• 1 voice for wolves

Issues:

SWEEET! the first alpha test! :lol:

• sslActoraAlias.pex
  • sslVoiceDefaults.pex
  • sslVoiceSlots.pex

Installing:

Uninstalling:

Features so far:

• 1 voice for wolves

Issues:

Will test with v1.57

Tested with v1.57 and...

Thanks. I was thinking about how to implement a constant panting for wolves/dogs/werewolves, but it's not that easy. The script calls an update-function that also triggers a new moan(), provided the sfxtimer has run out on the previous one. Getting a constant sound to play might need a new structure entirely, or a prolonged sound that lasts until the next update call.

The second option looks dirty but easy, the first option would be the best for future works on creatures/beasts sounds/voices but oc it will ask more time and brain.

Do what you think is the best for your own future work as you seem to be the one and only modder working on this feature so far.

EDIT - Ok, after some more testing I've found something interesting :

If the creature is not Dog or Wolf but something like Bear, Saber Cat, Horse, or even a Dog with a name like Vigilance, and the only voice selected is Canine (didn't try with other voices selected) the creature takes a female voice.

I've tested this and so far it's pretty good for an alpha release. It works for the wolves and dogs (sounds better with the dog though), I would suggest a more continuous pant noise (if possible) with some whimpering and happy barks in between.

A funny glitch I've noticed with this alpha is all the other creatures in my game use female sex sounds, lol.

After even more testing, I've found something even more interesting :

If multiple creatures are involved in some kind of orgy and if there is a Dog or Wolf involved in this orgy, only the Dog or Wolf will take the Canine voice, other creatures won't even take a female voice, they just act like before meaning no voice/sound.

I didn't try with male NPCs, though, only female NPCs in the orgy.

One last thing : these female NPCs didn't take the Canine voice, they took the same female voice, I don't know how to check which one, though.

EDIT - Mmm... Now that I've tested it a little more I think it was the creatures having female voice and the female not having voice because no voice option was checked for females.

EDIT 2 - Got it ! If the canine voice is not checked in voice options, dogs and wolves will take a female voice, seems to be the classic voice. All other beasts (I didn't test it with draugr, falmers, etc.) always take the female classic voice, it seems.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'll postpone any more work on this until August, since I won't have to worry about other stuff then. I'll also look into a different approach to using beast-voices, something closer to an addon with its own ModQuest object that simply listens for any signals sent from Sexlab.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it right now. I have a lot less free time than I thought and the more I look at the mod the more I realize that I'd need to learn how to write entirely new scripts for it. I can't say if I'll pick this up again, since the time until work starts again is already planned out. If anything comes up I'll post it here.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there another Mod like this? This Mod worked for me, the Canine/Wolf Sounds, and i still use it. But i am Looking for more Sounds. As i said before i could collect Sounds for each Creature, but if there isn't someone who could script it, well.. then i guess this Idea has Died... otherwise... maybe another one can grab up the Mod and make a Animal-Voice Mod.

I can't understand why so much peoples want Animal Creature Animations and just us few here wan't Animal Sounds..?

Bump!

- Khajiirah.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there another Mod like this? This Mod worked for me, the Canine/Wolf Sounds, and i still use it. But i am Looking for more Sounds. As i said before i could collect Sounds for each Creature, but if there isn't someone who could script it, well.. then i guess this Idea has Died... otherwise... maybe another one can grab up the Mod and make a Animal-Voice Mod.

I can't understand why so much peoples want Animal Creature Animations and just us few here wan't Animal Sounds..?

Bump!

- Khajiirah.

Double bump with all the new content coming out ;)  -- had to get my 2 cents in...

Bump

Bump

I'd like to see this mod advance. In sound but also in dialogue - I'd love to have animals "talk" (by some form of psychic/communication with nature link) and call their partners animal names and such :D Also, more sounds would be nice. The usual grunting/hit noises may be sufficient for starters.

• 4 weeks later...

Was trying to test the file tonight. With the new versions of sexlab, (160 hotfix 2) the mod he made seems broken. Oh well.

EDIT: Not to say it wouldn't be nice to have those sounds for just the canines though, since they're pretty common in the game.

• 3 weeks later...