Hi, fellow members !

I've been wanting this bestiality thing in SexLab to be more than just an animation for a long time !

Now that we have such a good SSL release, and such awesome animators and meshes/textures creators for creatures/beasts, there is one thing missing : a good sound creator for creatures/beasts !

So I'm asking you, great modders, to get your fingers out once again and start making mods for adding sounds/voices to creatures/beasts actions with SexLab mods !

We all know we love horses ! Let's prove them we do ! Please !

While I'm not all that experienced at modding scripts, I'm currently looking over the source files and adding creature-voices should actually be doable. I'll post here of this goes anywhere.

sslVoiceDefaults loads the files from the .esm, so once that's expanded, it should be possible to just make the necessary functions to use them. I'll just have to find where SL checks the actors and assigns voices. It seems that SL only distinguishes between isCreature and !isCreature, meaning that having distinct voices for specific creatures might be tricky.

Are there any mods that add to the scripts or any information on how to acheive some kind of "merge" with existing scripts? From what I've seen this isn't just like adding new animations, you need to change the way sslActorAlias works.

By the way, does anyone know a good IDE for editing .psc files as packages?

Update: Alright, got a set of canine-sounds that work for testing. Made a new Sound Descriptor and Sound Marker.

While I'm not all that experienced at modding scripts, I'm currently looking over the source files and adding creature-voices should actually be doable. I'll post here of this goes anywhere.

sslVoiceDefaults loads the files from the .esm, so once that's expanded, it should be possible to just make the necessary functions to use them. I'll just have to find where SL checks the actors and assigns voices. It seems that SL only distinguishes between isCreature and !isCreature, meaning that having distinct voices for specific creatures might be tricky.

Are there any mods that add to the scripts or any information on how to acheive some kind of "merge" with existing scripts? From what I've seen this isn't just like adding new animations, you need to change the way sslActorAlias works.

By the way, does anyone know a good IDE for editing .psc files as packages?

Update: Alright, got a set of canine-sounds that work for testing. Made a new Sound Descriptor and Sound Marker.

These are very good news ! 

Thank you for working on this forgotten important feature !

As far as I know there should be more than just isCreature and !isCreature as some animations are played by some creatures and some other animations by other creatures. I think dogs and wolves are in the same 'package' as they play exactly the same animations, but there should be other 'packages' for other kinds of creatures/beasts. Maybe you could ask Ashal, or modders working on beasts/creatures animations/meshes/textures.

And the NPCs and player character can have different voices too, you can even choose them, and assign a voice to a NPC ID, meaning it will be saved for future 'use'. Why couldn't it be the same for creatures ?

For everything about .psc files, I really don't know as I've never worked on this kind of scripts but Ashal did ! A lot !

I've been looking through the scripts and it seems that there are 3 distinct points that need to be changed.

- using SetVoice during the setup/initialize/update of the ActorAlias (<- relatively easy, just needs an 'else if' block)

- creating either a script that extends sslBaseVoice or something new entirely; it's technically possible to load 3rd-party voices here, but that's not really usable in our case because...

- create "third option" to the current concept of actor-voices

The problem right now is that the entire voice-system is built around being "male/female" and "mild/medium/hot". The second part can be solved by simply giving all 3 states the same Voice Descriptor. The first part is where it gets tricky, because I still haven't mapped out all the areas where the voice becomes relevant. From what I've seen the current structure means that any voice that has been loaded is also available for the PC/NPCs. A Gender-value of '2' could cause all sorts of problems elsewhere.

The other issue is keeping any chances encapsulated and minimal. I'll have to look into how exactly inheritance works for Papyrus-scripts; if an object derived from sslBaseVoice can also be used as one.

Mmmm...

Maybe this should be done directly on the SexLab Framework Git development branch, maybe this could be easier to develop new functions and variables from there in order to add voices than using all imaginable tricks in order to make a mod adding sounds/voices to new actors, beasts/creatures in this case.

And I'm sure Ashal is always willing to help new developers willing to add cool features to his framework.

Anyway, please don't stop your investigation, if you manage to add this cool feature to SexLab, I'll give you some of my best pizza recipes ! :)

Mmmm...

Maybe this should be done directly on the SexLab Framework Git development branch, maybe this could be easier to develop new functions and variables from there in order to add voices than using all imaginable tricks in order to make a mod adding sounds/voices.

And I'm sure Ashal is always willing to help new developers willing to add cool features to his framework.

I'll probably have to read into it a bit more. Right now there's also no real way to have voices that aren't also available as PC/NPC-voices. I got so far that the voice was usable by the player, but assigning it to a creature-actor still has a few stops in the way.

I'll see about writing to Ashal.

Mmmm...

Maybe this should be done directly on the SexLab Framework Git development branch, maybe this could be easier to develop new functions and variables from there in order to add voices than using all imaginable tricks in order to make a mod adding sounds/voices to new actors, beasts/creatures in this case.

Anyway, please don't stop your investigation, if you manage to add this cool feature to SexLab, I'll give you some of my best pizza recipes ! :)

"I'll give you some of my best pizza recipes"

lol!

I hope this mod, or add on to SexLab becomes a reality.. it is, and has been needed needed pretty badly.

I'm curious.... by animal sex noises, do we mean like growling of the dog as it mounts? Or the call of a horse as it cums?

That's what I had in mind anyway. I mean you have to admit, it would be kind of strange if the animal was talking dirty or something during sex.. actually, that could be kind of hilarious. But no, it doesn't sound like that's where this mod is headed.

...which makes me wonder what might be able to be done with Clavicus Vile's talking dog, lol.

I'm curious.... by animal sex noises, do we mean like growling of the dog as it mounts? Or the call of a horse as it cums?

That's what I had in mind anyway. I mean you have to admit, it would be kind of strange if the animal was talking dirty or something during sex.. actually, that could be kind of hilarious. But no, it doesn't sound like that's where this mod is headed.

...which makes me wonder what might be able to be done with Clavicus Vile's talking dog, lol.

Oh I just meant if it was the like... the sound of sex. Like SFX. SInce that's mostly there. I mean, it would e good to hear for example the wolves growl as the character is being mounted and taken, I totally agree! It sounds easy in theory, but knowing my luck, it's not. Hehe.

Well, I'm at the point where I have a quick&dirty solution running that works. I wrote to Ashal, we'll see what he says.

Right now the only real issues are:

• moving the library of creature-races to its own script
  • checking further up the chain if creature-actors are ForcedSilent by default upon activation (right now IsForcedSilent is set false if a voice is found)
  • check out how/if there is a distinction when adding available voices from the VoiceSlots to the MCM and then make sure only non-creature voices are shown
  • in general: figure out if it's advisable to move functionality to new scripts, adding only a minimum of code to the current files

I won't post any of the alpha-stuff I have so far until I hear back from him though. Until then, if anyone knows any good links to (canine-), horse-, large cat- or bear-sounds that are open-source, just post them here. I'll convert them and add them to the library if they work out.

Well, I'm at the point where I have a quick&dirty solution running that works. I wrote to Ashal, we'll see what he says.

Right now the only real issues are:

• moving the library of creature-races to its own script
  • checking further up the chain if creature-actors are ForcedSilent by default upon activation (right now IsForcedSilent is set false if a voice is found)
  • check out how/if there is a distinction when adding available voices from the VoiceSlots to the MCM and then make sure only non-creature voices are shown
  • in general: figure out if it's advisable to move functionality to new scripts, adding only a minimum of code to the current files

I won't post any of the alpha-stuff I have so far until I hear back from him though. Until then, if anyone knows any good links to (canine-), horse-, large cat- or bear-sounds that are open-source, just post them here. I'll convert them and add them to the library if they work out.

I'm too tired right now to read about the progress you made on your quest, but I did read your request !

You heard the man, people ? Time for sound research ! Please, it's now time to help for this feature ! And we all can help ! Right now !

EDIT - Ok, so, Azolgar,

1) there are the sounds from Skyrim and the DLCs you could use, I don't know how to extract them but I do believe they are in the .bsa files.

2) All the 'only real issues' you're talking about, I don't get them, you should tell Ashal about them. Or other sounds modders or creatures/beasts modders.

3) I'm comin' up with open-source sounds and/or links asap. 

EDIT 2 -

Got something :

https://www.freesound.org/people/Robinhood76/sounds/161488/

Play with the search bar too, and the tags, to find sounds to your liking.

I'll be looking for more websites but this one is a good one for beginning.

EDIT 3 -

You could also check this one :

https://www.freesound.org/people/gabemiller74/sounds/50881/

Pretty good for werewolves. Maybe wolves too... And why not saber cats ? Your choice !

EDIT 4 -

Found this one :

http://soundbible.com/suggest.php?q=dog&x=0&y=0

You should check the sounds on this page, some are good !

The one named 'Tyrannosaurus Rex' could be use for Troll, Bear, or any massive beast imo. 

EDIT 5 -

Same website, other page :

http://soundbible.com/suggest.php?q=bear&x=0&y=0

Check these, some are good, and some need to get the sound in the back cleaned with audacity.

lets not forget that the latest sl and a few other mods that husky's and death hound's are now supported.

ie they use wolf animations.

also would like to hear the werewolf howl into the night as he finishes off inside a female.

lets not forget that the latest sl and a few other mods that husky's and death hound's are now supported.

ie they use wolf animations.

also would like to hear the werewolf howl into the night as he finishes off inside a female.

You're right, it might be tricky to make the right creature use the right sounds.

But there is a way, of that I'm sure.

As a former programmer, I know there is always a solution. But I also know there are multiple solutions, some are good and some are bad, the most important thing when programming is to make the right choices when making, calling and optimizing functions and variables.

And this can be done by knowledge and tests, a lot of tests.

I think the werewolf howl should match the action or it won't be relevant. If the animation shows a howling wolf, then a howl must be heard. If not a howl, then a grunt or something else may do the trick.

I haven't heard from Ashal yet. On the other hand I'm also a bit busy with other stuff at the moment. I'll probably have more time after next monday, at least until mid july when exam-hell starts again.

I know this exam-hell you're talking about, buddy.

Give you enough time to get well prepared, this is the only way to pass them imho.

EDIT - Btw, it looks like Ashal is around today. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Alright, I haven't gotten a reply yet, so I'll just release what I have so far.

This modifies the script-files:

• sslActoraAlias.pex
  • sslVoiceDefaults.pex
  • sslVoiceSlots.pex

If you have any mods that modify those files or if you modified them yourself, this will not work!

Installing:

• Install via ModManager or manually.
  • Back up all equivalent files beforehand, just to be safe.
  • Reset voice registry in the Sexlab MCM.

Uninstalling:

• Remove/replace original files.
  • Reset SL-voice registry.

The release should cause no conflicts otherwise. Aside from the new "Canine" voice, nothing else is stored on the save-game, so it should be safe to use. In any case, create a seperate save-game for testing.

Features so far:

• 1 voice for wolves

Issues:

• The canine voice is selectable as a character-voice. There is currently no structure to exclude specific voices from being used by players and I didn't want to mess with the registering mechanics just yet.

Beast Voices alpha.zip

• sslActoraAlias.pex
  • sslVoiceDefaults.pex
  • sslVoiceSlots.pex

If you have any mods that modify those files or if you modified them yourself, this will not work!

Installing:

Uninstalling:

The release should cause no conflicts otherwise. Aside from the new "Canine" voice, nothing else is stored on the save-game, so it should be safe to use. In any case, create a seperate save-game for testing.

Features so far:

• 1 voice for wolves

Issues:

• The canine voice is selectable as a character-voice. There is currently no structure to exclude specific voices from being used by players and I didn't want to mess with the registering mechanics just yet.

Thank you for this alpha !

I will get back to give you feedback.

Mmm... Btw, what are the requirements ?

• sslActoraAlias.pex
  • sslVoiceDefaults.pex
  • sslVoiceSlots.pex

Installing:

Uninstalling:

Features so far:

• 1 voice for wolves

Issues:

SexLab 1.57 and whatever you already need to have creature-animations running. It might work with an older SL version, if the files are compatible, but I'd suggest upgrading anyway since most mods will need the new version, too.

• sslActoraAlias.pex
  • sslVoiceDefaults.pex
  • sslVoiceSlots.pex

Installing:

Uninstalling:

Features so far:

• 1 voice for wolves

Issues:

SexLab 1.57 and whatever you already need to have creature-animations running. It might work with an older SL version, if the files are compatible, but I'd suggest upgrading anyway since most mods will need the new version, too.

It doesn't seem to work with SexLab v1.39b

I reset the voice registry by using the option in SexLab MCM, it seems to break the voice registry :

1) The voice doesn't appear in the list.

2) When I click on the PC voice to try to change it, it turns into RANDOM and doesn't want to change anymore.

Will test with v1.57

• sslActoraAlias.pex
  • sslVoiceDefaults.pex
  • sslVoiceSlots.pex

Installing:

Uninstalling:

Features so far:

• 1 voice for wolves

Issues:

It doesn't seem to work with SexLab v1.39b

I reset the voice registry by using the option in SexLab MCM, it seems to break the voice registry :

1) The voice doesn't appear in the list.

2) When I click on the PC voice to try to change it, it turns into RANDOM and doesn't want to change anymore.

Will test with v1.57

That's the problem with these kinds of changes. Anything that touches the existing SL files needs a compatible version. Adding new script files isn't going to be easy either, since you apparently need to add them as forms to the SexLabQuest in the esp, you can't just create new instances of e.g. sslCreatureVoices.

I think I'll write to Ashal again and see about that git repo.