Live Another Life problem?

gvman3670

I just did a clean wipe of my PC and of course had to reinstall Skyrim.

So I added Live Another Life, like always, and when I start a game something entirely new is happening. I am in a very dark cell, one I've never seen before, and after creating a character I can NOT for the life of me figure out how to get out. There is no statue of Mara at all. None. There is a ledge that has an activator as a bed, but if I try to activate it I just get a message that says "Sleep is the last thing on my mind right now.", and there's a locked cage door that just tells me "Nobody is responding to me screams.".

So just what in Sam's Hell is going on here? I've never seen anything like this before. It's all new to me. :lol: And I can't figure out how to get free either. I've tried console commands to unlock the door and nothing. Man, this has me perplexed.

After you choose your new life start by activating the statue of Mara, go sleep in the bed and volia, you will begin! That said, use the console command TCL and see if the Mara statue is hidden beneath the floor. If not, move the ESP to last in your load order and that might fix it. There is likely a conflict of sorts thats preventing the cell from loading properlly. A merge patch should help

consider following this easy tutorial on making your game more stable: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3Ul301GQXM

I just did a clean wipe of my PC and of course had to reinstall Skyrim.

So I added Live Another Life, like always, and when I start a game something entirely new is happening. I am in a very dark cell, one I've never seen before, and after creating a character I can NOT for the life of me figure out how to get out. There is no statue of Mara at all. None. There is a ledge that has an activator as a bed, but if I try to activate it I just get a message that says "Sleep is the last thing on my mind right now.", and there's a locked cage door that just tells me "Nobody is responding to me screams.".

So just what in Sam's Hell is going on here? I've never seen anything like this before. It's all new to me. :lol: And I can't figure out how to get free either. I've tried console commands to unlock the door and nothing. Man, this has me perplexed.

I ended up walking all over the cell looking at everything and in a place where there was nothing was the option to talk to the statue. I couldn't see it, but it was there. So all's good.

Still don't know why it was invisible. But I know where it is now.

• 3 months later...

I ended up walking all over the cell looking at everything and in a place where there was nothing was the option to talk to the statue. I couldn't see it, but it was there. So all's good.

Still don't know why it was invisible. But I know where it is now.

I have the same problem, but I can't find the statue. Can you tell me where you found it?

Or can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

• 2 months later...

So I've had this same bug, but I can't even find an invisible statue like the OP did. I looked where the statue is in the screenshot above, and nothing. I've crawled all over that cell, and nothing.

So I disabled every mod that might possibly edit the abandoned prison in any way. That didn't help, so I disabled every single esp and esm except skyrim.esm, update.esm, and Alternate Start. It STILL doesn't work. 

I used the console to place a new Statue of Mara, and it gave me all the dialogue options, but when I used the bed, nothing happened. I was stripped out of my clothes and left standing there. This suggests to me that the problem is something more complicated than a single missing object. I've redownloaded and reinstalled the mod twice.

Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?? Maybe just a direction I should be looking in?

I should add that LAL always worked fine on previous save games. This only started when I updated to 2.5.3.

Archived