Puppet Master Swallow - Elimination enhancement for Puppet Master

View File

Puppet Master Swallow

"I had something else in mind."

What this is:
Puppet Master Swallow is a comprehensive overhaul of two facets of Puppet Master: The elimination functions, and the activities presented by the "something else in mind" dialogue tree. If you do not immediately know what that means, then it is recommended that you install the latest (and most likely final) iteration of Puppet Master (v1.7), make someone a puppet, and investigate the dialogue options, so you'll know what you're getting yourself into.

What this isn't:
Despite the fact that this mod absolutely requires Puppet Master v1.7, and even overwrites some elements of said, this is not a continuation of Puppet Master, and it is not my intent to "take over" Puppet Master, expand its capabilities, or fix any possible outstanding bugs. Almost everything unrelated to the aforesaid facets has actually been left completely untouched.

Things I changed in Puppet Master which cannot be optionally disabled:

1. Pools are now generated far more reliably, though still not 100%.
  2. Punctuation was corrected / brought into line with Skyrim's standard.
  3. Urinating sounds (and all sounds, actually) originate from specific and appropriate locations, rather than simply from the actor. This is useful for countering the phenomenon of displaced sounds which for example tends to be a problem during SexLab sequences because of the extensive repositioning of actors.

So what does this mod add, exactly?
A lot. Now that v1.1 (intended to be the final) is out, it's a good time to go into detail on this mod's origins and what it offers. If you would rather find out for yourself, skip ahead. I caveat once more that if you do not fully understand the nature of this mod, pay heed to the admonition made earlier in this post.

Puppet Master Swallow is intended to provide, within the limits of the resources available, as thorough a watersports / scat experience as possible. Probably moreso than any mod for any game so far. That said, I am no animator, and certainly the biggest blank that would have needed filling for a proper job is custom-made animations. Nevertheless, I was inspired by the elimination-themed options already made available by Puppet Master, and said mod was the first I know of to cover that ground in any capacity. I took it upon myself, at first, to attempt to fix some bugs with those options, but ultimately that exploded into Puppet Master Swallow.

Puppet Master Swallow enables:

Compatibility. These affect the player only.

• Private Needs. v2.11 and v3.0 are supported. Bladder and bowel volume is referenced and adjusted when they are emptied. Optionally, actual bladder and bowel volumes are adhered to even when they are zero, which will prevent said acts. Hygiene is referenced and adjusted when unclean acts are performed. In v3.0, eating and drinking affect the new digestion system. If Private Needs 3.0 is not in use, a simple, internally-calculated digestion system will be used instead.
  • Realistic Needs and Diseases. Hunger and thirst are referenced and adjusted based on the Puppet Master Swallow settings.
  • Drink, Eat, Sleep and Bathe. Hunger and thirst are referenced and adjusted based on the Puppet Master Swallow settings. Hygiene is referenced and adjusted when unclean acts are performed.
  • iNeed. Hunger and thirst are referenced and adjusted based on the Puppet Master Swallow settings.

New masturbation options. What this specifically means is that one gains the option to urinate and / or defecate during masturbation, or to tell any or all of their puppets to. The elimination acts will occur at randomized moments, lending variety to the effect.

Manual elimination keys for both the player and puppets. This is more or less the landmark feature of this mod. Hit a key during any circumstance and the player or puppet (or puppets) will eliminate, with or without first undressing. Should this occur during sex, orifices may be hindered depending on what's going on, and if there are oral activities taking place, consumption will be the result.

New sounds. Specifically, swallowing sounds, and some subtle defecation sounds. Nothing over the top.

New visuals.

• Poop animates out of the body.
  • Splash effects for the various orifices. Affected by things like oral activities, wearing a strapon, etc.
  • Adjustable urine stream size / visuals, as well as the option to force their origin to actors' urethras.
  • Urine pool positioning. They'll appear in locations more appropriate than simply beneath the actor.
  • Optional lighter yellow urine pool.

Better physics. Poop doesn't appear out of thin air, fall to the ground like a feather dropped on the moon, or wedge two-thirds of itself under the ground. If you move it, it does basically what you expect. (For the player, however, many sacrifices were made in order to achieve this result, and it is still, unavoidably, a little dodgy.)

Elimination animation selection (urinating and defecating). You can pick any animation you want, or combination of animations, and one will be randomly chosen from your selections.

Facial expression selection (player and puppets). You can pick any expression you want, or combination of expressions, and one will be randomly chosen from your selections.

Full control over what to undress when either eliminating or consuming. The menu for this option also features a display of every armor slot, showing everything being worn by the player.

Those are the major points, without going into all the nitty-gritty.

Things I should mention in advance:

• As the menu warns, the new visual effects, when applied to the player character, will almost certainly not work while in free-camera mode, thanks to a Skyrim bug related to said mode which will clearly never get corrected. NPCs are unaffected.

• One of my earliest goals in tampering with Puppet Master was to fix the drinking sequence, which played the wrong pose. This quirk was probably due to a change in SexLab which broke the method Puppet Master was using to call the correct stage. SexLab still has not reintroduced a method for immediately calling the desired stage, so the next best thing was to call it as soon as possible, which means after about one second.

• If something doesn't seem to work the way you expect, check the menus (for both Puppet Master Swallow and Puppet Master itself) and make sure there isn't an option preventing it from working.

• Just as with Puppet Master itself, this is a very script-heavy mod, with all the caveats that implies.

• The new sound effects were sourced hither and thither, and painstakingly remastered for usability. They are not personal recordings. They are also not, in my opinion, needlessly obtrusive or over the top.

• Because properly-aligned paired animation in Skyrim is effectively more theoretical than actual, the same thing goes for the new visual effects in Puppet Master Swallow. Everything was coordinated to fit idealized alignment which I personally never saw even once.

• Many of the new visual effects absolutely require the use of armor slot 60 or 61. The mod assumes slot 60 is free by default, but this can be changed to slot 61.

• Not specifically related to Puppet Master Swallow, but if you make use of puppets who are clones of one another (for example, you have spawned in two+ copies of a particular follower), SexLab will probably get confused and cause one or more actors to get stuck in their sequence, among other interesting phenomena. Puppet Master uses a similar system of record-keeping and so can also exhibit some unexpected anomalies.

• Despite my considerable efforts at contingency, it is theoretically possible for something to go awry, especially if one goes out of their way in trying to break things. Should this seem to happen, one may make use of the cleaning function available in the menu.

• As it happens, a thoroughly unexpected limitation of Skyrim and the Creation Kit caused the initial release of this mod to be almost completely nonfunctional. But at least, in the process of skirting that limitation, I found and corrected a handful more unrelated bugs. Considering the complexity of this mod, it is entirely possible - perhaps even probable - that some minor issues may remain. I'll probably keep tabs.

Things I grew too lazy to do:

1. Skin textures. For starters, a specular texture (for shininess) is essentially not an option because characters can only have one, and already have one, and outright replacing one with another can and does look just silly. And dirtiness textures are sort of rendered redundant by the compatibility aspect of this mod. But it is not inconceivable that I could throw something in at a later date.
  2. Probably all kinds of optimization could still be done, but after literally months on a single project, you get to a point where it's just time to release and be done with it.
  3. Estrus detection. Originally planned, but it turns out there's no event or other realtime, passive means of detecting these. Things will still work; they just won't be interactive as with SexLab.
  4. More dialogue swapping. Because of the (undocumented) way in which the Creation Kit sorts dialogue options, if I wanted to overhaul Puppet Master's dialogue to my liking, I would have to completely rebuild its entire structure, including recompiling and replacing every micro-script it currently uses.
  5. Three-actor SexLab sequences. Keeping track of more than two actors would have required a huge overhaul. Therefore, elimination acts may or may not properly adjust to what goes on in such sequences.

Installation:
You must already have Puppet Master v1.7. Put Puppet Master Swallow after Puppet Master.
For Puppet Master Swallow v1.3, you must install SexLab Animation Loader, run FNIS, and then register the "Puppet Master Swallow" animations from within SL Anim Loader's menu. Also, to have access to the newer Leito animations, those assets must be installed separately, such as from Alive Peeing.

Requirements:
Everything Puppet Master requires.

Uninstalling:
Inasmuch as one can ever truly "uninstall" a mod of this nature, I believe the best method would be to stop doing anything with it, run the shutdown function from the menu and let it complete. Shut down Puppet Master using its menu option. Save the game. Uninstall. Use of a save-cleaning app afterwards is entirely up to your discretion.

Acknowledgments:
Tons of people helped me get to this point, and I needed that help, because not only was I starting from a position of almost complete lack of expertise, but a huge chunk of the project demanded knowledge that was and remains poorly- or un-documented. But to cite a few:
h38fh2mf - For permission to submit a modified iteration of Puppet Master.
Ashal - For answers about SexLab which only he could provide.
Lother - For early enthusiasm about my intentions. Very much needed, considering how long it took.
germanicus - For reports about bugs. The mod is in its current, relatively stable state in large part because of this.
Everyone in the various forums who answered my questions. Literally dozens of people!

Preemptive FAQ:
Q: Why do I keep hearing unequip sounds?
A: Old Skyrim bug. Despite being able to specify not to play the unequip sounds, Skyrim will still play them.

Q: Why didn't you just merge PMS with Puppet Master so there wouldn't be two different .esps?
A: My initial aim was to create a mod which could be installed without touching any particular aspect of Puppet Master, but this quickly grew impossible. Nonetheless, I made a specific point of changing as little as possible of what already existed in Puppet Master, so, for example, Puppet Master's own menu remains completely unaltered. Philosophically, Puppet Master Swallow is a mod of a mod.

Q: Particle streams go through bodies. Why?
A: The particle engine used by Skyrim does not allow for collision detection of any useful nature. I thought about ways around this, but the only thing that would effect any result at all would be to use many different particle-generating files for all the different scenarios where they might collide with something. Not feasible.

Q: Why is pool position calculation disabled during sex?
A: Pool positioning works reasonably well under most circumstances, but it's a feature that unavoidably must be approximated, and my formulae fall to pieces when characters' torsos are at atypical angles (meaning during sex) for reasons that feel inexplicable. The result I arrived at took more time than I'd like to admit.

Q: I'd rather have a system in place which earns NPCs' trust to the point where they'd be willing to perform these acts, not coerce them with mind control.
A: Me, too. But Puppet Master is what it is, and doesn't pretend to be otherwise. Hypothetically, there is no technical boundary to the use of Puppet Master Swallow's main functions outside of Puppet Master itself. But the dialogue / relationship scripting that would be needed is manifestly not what Puppet Master is about, nor is it something I could see myself attending to with enthusiasm. (However, I would probably use such a mod.)

Q: Why does v1.3 come packaged with animations I already have?
A: There are two cases. First, the "Arrok Anal" animation changed between SexLab 1.59 and SexLab 1.60, ruining the effect in Puppet Master. Second, the "Arrok Lesbian" animation is not flagged as open-mouth, and because of the way SexLab 1.61b's code works, the only way to ensure the mouth stays open most of the time is to attach the "open mouth" flag to the animation by force.

New in v1.1:

• Added SexLab 1.57 compatibility.
  • Fixed bad urine pool positioning for medium-sized male stream.
  • Changed some of the code dictating pool positioning during sex.
  • Fixed some internal confusion over whose thirst is being affected.
  • Fixed a bug that would prevent future elimination if no animation was selected.
  • Fixed the problem of informal speech options not triggering events.
  • Fixed the problem of the armor tally not cleaning up slots.
  • Fixed many other minor bugs.
  • Addressed the papyrus log; footprint in the log is now perhaps zero.
  • Added a menu option to do as thorough a job as possible of disabling the mod.

New in v1.2:

• Added menu option to change the size of splash effects.
  • Fixed defecation failing to occur during the default defecation & pee function.
  • Corrected strapon detection.
  • More fixes to Papyrus log pollution.

New in v1.2b:

• Option to change which armor slot is used for urine streams. (Choose between 60 and 61.)

Note: Because the mod - both the Puppet Master half and the Puppet Master Swallow half - changed on a foundational level between v1.0 and v1.1, and because v1.0 had an unexpectedly large degree of instability, I cannot recommend, and do not suggest, that one make use of a preexisting save which had v1.0 installed.

For upgrading from v1.1 to v1.2b, it is probably okay to do so without uninstalling first, though certainly if you have the option, play it safe.

"Puppet Master 120sec Elimination" is a requested change to Puppet Master's menu to allow for longer elimination durations.

New in v1.3 (2016-04-19):

1: Compatibility with the latest Private Needs (4.0) is now functional.
2: Code updated to the SexLab 1.61b standard. No guarantees that things still work well with SexLab 1.59.
3: Several newer Leito animations have been added to the urinating / defecating lists. These are the ones I now use by preference. These are not packaged with Puppet Master Swallow! You must install Alive Peeing's assets and run FNIS. (You do not need to enable Alive Peeing's .esp.)
4: Animations can be forced to be used with the "manual urinating / defecating" hotkeys, both for the player and for puppets. This eliminates the need for menus and makes the process more real and spontaneous.
5: Animations can be forced to be chosen based on whether the actor was standing or crouching at the time of activation.
6: Leito animations come packaged with beginning animation components by default, which happen to be ill-suited for crouching actors. These beginning components can be disabled for crouching actors.
7a: In Puppet Master's menu, the duration for both urination and defecation can be extended as far as two minutes ("120sec Elimination" download is now redundant).
7b: For urination, this setting affects the menu-driven duration, the manual duration, the automated urinating-while-masturbating duration and the urinate-in-mouth duration.
7c: For defecation, this setting affects menu-driven durations. However, menu options are provided to force this setting to also affect manual and automated defecating-while-masturbating durations. In any case, what the duration affects is how long the actor spends producing excrement, so while anything longer than a handful of seconds is not precisely realistic, it may nonetheless be an altogether agreeable effect.
8: Both manual urination and manual defecation, for player and/or puppets, can be shut off prematurely by pressing the hotkey again.
9: SexLab 1.60+ arbitrarily replaced the original stage 1 Arrok Anal animation (butt-wagging) with an alternative that both animates differently and offsets the two actors to dramatically incompatible positions. In order to combat this and restore the correct animation to Puppet Master Swallow, I have taken advantage of the SexLab Anim Loader mod. Said mod will need to be installed if it is not already. FNIS must be run. And then, from within SL Anim Loader, the original Arrok Animation must be registered with SexLab. The end result is the correct animation with the correct actor positions when using poop-in-mouth, without needing to revert SexLab's odd change to Arrok Anal.
10: The poop texture was made darker so that it wouldn't be tan-colored in ENBs, or at least not the ENB I use. It still can be a bit, when in direct sunlight. Close enough.
11: Fixed inconsistencies in poop meshes.
12a: The necro function in Puppet Master is processed better, and properly takes advantage of "Necro"-tagged animations rather than a basic default. Done so one can have a straightforward necro option without, for example, having to install and configure the entire Defeat mod.
12b: The necro function does not forcibly strip the "armors" used by Namira's Goat, even if the chest slot is flagged in SexLab for stripping.

I am currently giving Skyrim my much-belated and final playthrough before moving on to Fallout 4 or whatever else comes. Part of the process of "playing" the game is updating and tweaking the mods I had originally made for myself, naturally including the first one I made, Puppet Master Swallow. This is not meant or guaranteed to be a fully bugchecked release. That said, it works well enough for my purposes, so some folks will likely get some use out of it.

As far as I can gather, Puppet Master Swallow v1.3 did not work for anyone but myself, and it is essentially impossible for me to discern what is causing SkyUI to choke, especially as I am unable to reproduce the issue for myself under any circumstance. I do not have time to continue to troubleshoot an impossible issue, so I have decided to redact v1.3 and avoid the trouble it causes. Outside of updating things to work with SexLab 1.61b, the changes were generally cosmetic. If using SexLab 1.59, sticking with v1.2b gets one the majority of the package.

If you are a modder and think you can nail down the reason why v1.3 evidently doesn't function correctly on any PC but my own, PM me for a copy and I may forward it.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/03/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    Puppet Master v1.7
  • Special Edition Compatible

O geee! Thanks. I'm having Puppet master since its beginning and being thrilled. Thank you for this addition. :heart: Waiting for such a thing for a long time.

Questin: when installing this mod manually or using NMM, should we overwrite existing file when asked?

I just tested the mod. Peeing works great but poops are not showing on the ground when NPC has been charmed with the spell.

Gongratulations for the relase! I have a feeling this will be a very popular mod so be prepared... ;)

I've just been working on urination & defecation mod "Private Needs Discreet" for the last couple of weeks, so I was very eager to try this mod out and I was happy about many things you've done. Sometimes tuning a miniscule detail can take time the mod users could never guess. There are bugs to be discovered and fixed, undoubtedly. I was happy to note how you took compatibility seriously with the various "needs" mods.

Ever since releasing my mod, people have been asking to add "watersports" support, which you seem to have covered. From now on, I will redirect those requests to this mod. B)  I will not doubt that you will have many requests related to this aspect of your mod.

One thing I urge you to do before going on your well-deserved break is to go through some actions and dialogue options and look at the Papyrus log before you're going to put out the next release.

Good work!

sounds intressting. so it changes puppetmaster a bit. do i still need the esps of puppetmaster?

Puppet Master has one .esp.  This plugin replaces that .esp, and has one .esp of its own.  As long as this mod is installed after Puppet Master - even if you had already been using Puppet Master, and even if you already have puppets active - things should work fine.  I definitely recommend Mod Organizer for pure ease.  And yes, it does change Puppet Master a little bit (detailed in the OP) but everything else this mod adds is transparent to Puppet Master.  One could ignore Puppet Master Swallow's menu and get something essentially identical to Puppet Master by itself.

Is the latest version of SexLab needed ?

No.  Just the stuff you needed for Puppet Master.

Not sure the new dialogue options are being added though: still getting the same 4 ones from the original mod under "I had something else in mind".

If you tick the "Extra masturbation options" option, you should get new options in said dialogue tree.  You may need to scroll down below the original four options.

Most of the things PMS enables are not turned on by default; a good examination of the menu is basically required to get the most out of this mod.  That said, I await any reports people are willing to give of the mod actually working as intended.  It works on my end, but I've had at least one report of visuals not appearing.

Not sure the new dialogue options are being added though: still getting the same 4 ones from the original mod under "I had something else in mind".

If you tick the "Extra masturbation options" option, you should get new options in said dialogue tree.  You may need to scroll down below the original four options.

Most of the things PMS enables are not turned on by default; a good examination of the menu is basically required to get the most out of this mod.  That said, I await any reports people are willing to give of the mod actually working as intended.  It works on my end, but I've had at least one report of visuals not appearing.

Just did as you suggested, still only 4 options. :-(

I can also confirm that the new visuals are not showing up (using 7b body).

Actually, the only thing I could confirm working are the new randomized positions. For the rest I don't know if the mod is really working as it should.

Perhaps try updating SKSE.  PMS makes heavy use of its functions, and perhaps you were able to get by with an older version.  I am seeing if I can make a 100% clean Skyrim install in order to ensure that things work as intended.

Edit: Things definitely seem awry.  Going to have to take it offline until I've deciphered what esoteric bit of knowledge I overlooked.

Perhaps try updating SKSE.  PMS makes heavy use of its functions, and perhaps you were able to get by with an older version.  I am seeing if I can make a 100% clean Skyrim install in order to ensure that things work as intended.

Edit: Things definitely seem awry.  Going to have to take it offline until I've deciphered what esoteric bit of knowledge I overlooked.

Thanks and good luck!

FYI, I am using the latest alpha of SKSE.

Well that was fun.  A lesson for future modders: If you want transparent compatibility for your mod, be prepared to sacrifice much blood tiptoeing around those mods so you can keep Skyrim happy, because the methodology is arbitrarily convoluted.  (The specific no-no is casting a form as a script variable when said script may not be available.  The consequences of doing this are dire.)

Anyway, things are again working.  Disappointing that they weren't two days ago, but I suppose that's pretty much how it goes with the very first mod project.

You should get rid of the old one completely because I had to change a lot of things in order to force things to work.  Actually the degree of functionality one could get out of the previous release depended largely upon the presence or absence of the various compatibility-supported mods.  (All of them at the same time might, theoretically, have resulted in a fully functional mod.)

Let me know how things work.  Goodness knows I enjoy beating my head against more inexplicable issues. ;p

Things that may be preventing it from working:

1: Overwriting the original release, or at any rate using a save that still thinks the original Puppet Master Swallow exists, may cause unexpected results like that.  This wasn't intended to be an "upgrade" release but rather an outright replacement for something that was patently broken.

2: Not ticking "Extra masturbation options".

3: Using Private Needs compatibility and having both an empty bladder and bowels.

4: If masturbation isn't starting at all, SexLab may have those animations turned off.

I just tried the mod out on a Skyrim that has literally nothing installed but the bare minimum - and this time with nothing hiding out in the data directory - and it thankfully works fine.  If you can't get the second menu to pop up when choosing "Masturbate" (for the player), and the extra options are ticked, then something's definitely wrong with the install, and all I can suggest is trying again with a clean save.

Added this to the description:

Q: Why doesn't feature X work like it's supposed to?

A: It turns out that the answer to this is probably that I coded this for SexLab 1.39 (the last stable release), not the alpha currently in progress.  I have recently dipped a toe into the SexLab 1.57 world and discovered that great chunks of my script are no longer valid code because great chunks of SexLab have been excised.  I will work on it - assuming there are adequate substitutes - but understand that if you're beta-testing the latest SexLab, that is the likely source of your troubles.

Added this to the description:

Q: Why doesn't feature X work like it's supposed to?

A: It turns out that the answer to this is probably that I coded this for SexLab 1.39 (the last stable release), not the alpha currently in progress.  I have recently dipped a toe into the SexLab 1.57 world and discovered that great chunks of my script are no longer valid code because great chunks of SexLab have been excised.  I will work on it - assuming there are adequate substitutes - but understand that if you're beta-testing the latest SexLab, that is the likely source of your troubles.

The beta is long over, 1.57 is a released version. It would have been much better if people had taken the time to check their mods while it was still in testing instead of sitting on their hands until it was released and only then finding out that the functions they used were no longer working or available.

Just calling a spade a spade here, it's no sillier than all the businesses that wait until Microsoft has released their first service pack patch before even considering an upgrade instead of assigning a person to work the MS development versions against their code to find and get problems resolved while MS still has a large body of coders working on that version of the OS. MS is not to blame if you didn't test your code until they've got most of their coders deep into developing the next release and just a few working up additional patches for everyone else who is too stupid to realize a little proactive work would save them loads of grief.

No, I do not and have never worked for Microsoft but I have worked for a company that actually tested pre-release OSes and understand how much more responsive an active development team is than a bug patching team.

Whew, guess you must have pushed a hot button of mine there. Not really your fault ;).

Version 1.1 is up.  As with the previous version, the intent here is that this be the final version.  I suppose we'll see. ;p

New in v1.1:

• Added SexLab 1.57 compatibility.
  • Fixed bad urine pool positioning for medium-sized male stream.
  • Changed some of the code dictating pool positioning during sex.
  • Fixed some internal confusion over whose thirst is being affected.
  • Fixed a bug that would prevent future elimination if no animation was selected.
  • Fixed the problem of informal speech options not triggering events.
  • Fixed the problem of the armor tally not cleaning up slots.
  • Fixed many other minor bugs.
  • Addressed the papyrus log; footprint in the log is now perhaps zero.
  • Added a menu option to do as thorough a job as possible of disabling the mod.

Note: Because the mod - both the Puppet Master half and the Puppet Master Swallow half - changed on a foundational level between v1.0 and v1.1, and because v1.0 had an unexpectedly large degree of instability, I cannot recommend, and do not suggest, that one make use of a preexisting save which had v1.0 installed.

downloaded and tested the mod. it works technically, but i just dont see any difference to puppet master regarding i have something else in mind. i just dont see anything.

the order " i want you to pee in my mouth etc still just show this SLanimation, no pee or defecate visible. it does not start during the Animation. if hotkey pressed during Animation pc or npc jumps a step Forward and stands still, nothing going on. so what must be done to get some Action from this mod ?