[WIP] Demonica Dwarven Armor

Arngrim11

• 1 month later...

и почему я не проследил юбку? Вместо того, чтобы поставить этот розовый текстуры

Я не совсем уверен, что вы просите / заявив здесь. Я также не уверен, что розовый текстуры вы имеете в виду, возможно, если вы разместил скриншот я мог иметь некоторую помощь. 

post-284424-0-01686200-1409971103_thumb.jpg

post-284424-0-49052300-1409971115_thumb.jpg

и почему я не проследил юбку? Вместо того, чтобы поставить этот розовый текстуры

Я не совсем уверен, что вы просите / заявив здесь. Я также не уверен, что розовый текстуры вы имеете в виду, возможно, если вы разместил скриншот я мог иметь некоторую помощь. 

I see it would seem I did not pack the file correctly and no one has mentioned it until now. The texture path should be this "textures\arngrim\demonica\vanilla armor\dwarven\" not this "textures\vanilla armor\dwarven\" you just need to create the missing folders and move the existing ones into them. The pink/purple is what happens when a texture is missing.

I see it would seem I did not pack the file correctly and no one has mentioned it until now. The texture path should be this "textures\arngrim\demonica\vanilla armor\dwarven\" not this "textures\vanilla armor\dwarven\" you just need to create the missing folders and move the existing ones into them. The pink/purple is what happens when a texture is missing.

thanks, helped

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to ask how do you manage to make vanilla armors, or any other type of armors that were not specifically made, visible on Demonica. I tried using the CK but I have no clue where to start.

That depends on what your end goal is if you want the displayed model for the demonica race to be different from other races or if you just want it to display the default mesh. Here are a few images from the CK showing how I added the proper meshes for the Devious devices harness so it would display an entirely different mesh for the DEM and still allow the original to display on the other races.

This is how the armoraddon entry should look except you should use the weight 1 mesh to get a working weight slider. I always start with the weight 0 when doing converts this is why its the one selected. i93yccmlOT5RD.png

Second you need to add the new armor addons to the biped model list of the armor entry. As you can see I left the existing entries in the list the game determines the game knows to display all items that are compatible with your current race. Due to the fact Krista didn't give the DEM race default race or any other race for a sort of proxy no vanilla clothing is displayed. This is also another way to get things to display for the DEM character simply set the race value in the race window to default, nord, etc.

iiZ3IptbliRmQ.png

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the answer, Arngrim11, I almost forgot about this. I am just trying to make a few custom armors visible so I could try to convert them. I'm not an expert by any means but this body mesh is really well made and there are some good looking armors out there like the Tera armors or Brokefoot's stuff that will most certainly look good on it. Something a little more lore friendly perhaps.

• 7 months later...
Guest Momber

Thanks for this conversion, Arngirm. Much appreciated. I'm desperate for any new/additional armor for Demonica because she is the only character I play and I like her to change outfits a lot because I get tired of the same look rather quickly.

Just a question... with no new posts in this thread in over half a year, may we consider this project finished (or abandoned)?

Are you planning to convert any other armors to the demonica race?

TIA!

• 2 months later...
Guest Momber

Are there still people around who play the Demonica character, like I do? DEM just got even more pretty with the latest update 1.6.1 and all the texture options that come with it.

Unfortunately blackelf closed his blog for good so it will be a challenge for non-Russian speakers to continue to get updates :(

Anyhoo, I hope Arngrim is still around to read this. Your DEM Dwarven conversion motivated me to try my hand at modding, albeit with my almost non-existant knowledge and skills. But one has to start somewhere, right?

I wanted to create a unique armor for my Demonica character, is all. Here is what I did:

- edited Arngrim's armor mesh to replace the skirt with a leather miniskirt mesh from a mod called DEM Huntress armor. No panties - they are optional ;)

- edited Arngrim's boot mesh to allow for visibility of stockings. I use the stockings from DEM Gothic and edited the textures to match the color palette (originally they are red).

- used the 4K textures from aMidianborn Dwarven armor.

- used the normal maps only (!) from a mod called Dwarven Armor Restored (on nexus) to give it the extreme glossy look.

Thanks again, Arngrim for your lovely conversion which set this in motion. It is indeed appreciated! :)

Anyhoo, I'm pretty happy with the result. Here are some screenshots:

post-707395-0-22860100-1439123902_thumb.jpg post-707395-0-69707000-1439123916_thumb.jpg post-707395-0-92437500-1439123923_thumb.jpg

post-707395-0-17432800-1439123935_thumb.jpg post-707395-0-16334400-1439123941_thumb.jpg post-707395-0-33192500-1439123954_thumb.jpg

post-707395-0-68459400-1439123962_thumb.jpg

Are there still people around who play the Demonica character, like I do? DEM just got even more pretty with the latest update 1.6.1 and all the texture options that come with it.

Unfortunately blackelf closed his blog for good so it will be a challenge for non-Russian speakers to continue to get updates :(

Anyhoo, I hope Arngrim is still around to read this. Your DEM Dwarven conversion motivated me to try my hand at modding, albeit with my almost non-existant knowledge and skills. But one has to start somewhere, right?

I wanted to create a unique armor for my Demonica character, is all. Here is what I did:

- edited Arngrim's armor mesh to replace the skirt with a leather miniskirt mesh from a mod called DEM Huntress armor. No panties - they are optional ;)

- edited Arngrim's boot mesh to allow for visibility of stockings. I use the stockings from DEM Gothic and edited the textures to match the color palette (originally they are red).

- used the 4K textures from aMidianborn Dwarven armor.

- used the normal maps only (!) from a mod called Dwarven Armor Restored (on nexus) to give it the extreme glossy look.

Thanks again, Arngrim for your lovely conversion which set this in motion. It is indeed appreciated! :)

Anyhoo, I'm pretty happy with the result. Here are some screenshots:

attachicon.gifdwarven_shiny_00.jpg attachicon.gifdwarven_shiny_01.jpg attachicon.gifdwarven_shiny_02.jpg

attachicon.gifdwarven_shiny_03.jpg attachicon.gifdwarven_shiny_04.jpg attachicon.gifdwarven_shiny_05.jpg

attachicon.gifdwarven_shiny_06.jpg

Nice work! I'm happy I was of some help to you. But to answer your earlier post I will probably not do any more dem stuff. I like the body but tbh I have a few issues with how it's being handled. Plus I like being about to use the racemenu's face options. My body of choice atm is an unfinished edit of uunp. Here is a quick pick of it with Eldrids armor.

ibre9cKlWle2Wj.jpg

Guest Momber

Ah hello Arngrim, nice to see you're still around :)

Yeah, I hear you - I have often considered "retiring" Demonica for all the well-known reasons. But I'm still waiting for something as good, or better, to come along.

Your character looks hawt! Thanks for the glimpse... maybe a preset/mod coming up?

So I spent some time trying to make some weapons match the glossy armor texture. Before that, I did not know anything about normal maps, height maps, cube maps and so forth. If nothing else this process has given me HUGE respect for the tremendous and tedious amount of work that "proper" modders like you go through! Far out.

I managed to get the gloss effect right in the end and applied it to my Skyforge Dwemer Metal Greatsword. I think it looks alright... what do you think?

post-707395-0-81198900-1439350711_thumb.jpg

Archived