[WIP] Demonica Dwarven Armor

Arngrim11

So I'm thinking about making an attempt at converting the vanilla skyrim armor for Krista's Demonica race. Here is a WIP screen of the Dwarven armor. I plan to add a skirt but haven't made it to that point yet. Let me know what you think.

iEGbJCapJWAdZ.png

Edit: Used the hdt test skirt and mirrored the stuff over to show closer to what the end product will be.

iEj3A642FGn7I.png

A quick in-game test to see how things are looking atm. I just did a quick weight copy so I could get it in-game keep that in mind as it's causing major clipping and odd movement for the skirt, tassets, pauldrons, and boots. I know its armor but who can pass up the chance for some zettai ryouiki.  Oh and added an esp so its not a complete replacer it only adds a mesh for when a dem character equips dwarven armor. I haven't added it to any of the enchanted versions yet will do that after it's finished. Also would anyone like to see the skirt area use some HDT if I can swing it?

id4eLv4gMh5uN.jpg

iq2oJmSuJD5T0.jpg

So I'm thinking about making an attempt at converting the vanilla skyrim armor for Krista's Demonica race. Here is a WIP screen of the Dwarven armor. I plan to add a skirt but haven't made it to that point yet. Let me know what you think.

Edit: Used the hdt test skirt and mirrored the stuff over to show closer to what the end product will be.

iEj3A642FGn7I.png

Is that headmesh from Demonica Race?

iEj3A642FGn7I.png

Is that headmesh from Demonica Race?

Yes it is.

Got some time to work on this a bit today. I made the belt but I'm not texture artist so it is lacking in detail. I also got around to messing with the weight painting some. The plates on the hips clip some but this is about the best i can do without making them bend which just looks odd to me. Oh and added the bloodmage panties with a white texture so it doesn't get as drafty.  I need to do the helm and I would like to change the skirt texture a bit maybe change the embroidery to gold maybe. Plus work on the skin weighting a bit more things look a bit odd in some poser poses lol. Here are a few pics.

iibMnG68fCukt.pngiKqU3drt9pozJ.pngij9VlPd1saBJ0.pngibqnQevvAlKHow.pngizSjYFTBbpa8r.png

Edit: I forgot to mention I have the meshes broken into sepurate pieces in the nif so you can remove parts if you would like. Such as the pauldrons, belt, tassets, and yes the skirt and panties also. 

Just modded the original Dwarven armor and changed some things for personal taste. As to fitting like a glove if I'm gonna take time to convert an armor I want it to fit as close to the skin as I can get it. I hate to see visible gaps between the the body and clothing when there shouldn't be any. Some things still need some work just waiting on the mood to work some more on it to strike me. 

Looks good.  Will happily download when you're done.  I should really do the same for some other armors. As much as I enjoy a skimpy "lydia" armor, something with some solid protection would be nice.

Skimpy is good for some kicks but I can't see using it all the time. I would like to do a demonica rendition of all the vanilla stuff but I'm a bit slow so it would be ages before it gets finished. ATM I'm thinking about what to do with the helm seeing as I can't change it to still show the face/head without editing the original as well. The way the dismemberment data works is odd its linked to both the armor addon which is the mesh and the armor entry. Oh and on that note any patch or edit that makes changes to the armor value will also conflict. But I assume that can be fixed using the bashed patch?

So went back to the lower poly arms of the original armor and added the helm. Here are a few screens. Plus the Release Candidate File. Just a weight 0 version atm for testing shouldn't take but a few mins to do the max weight when I'm ready for full release. Oh and Credit to the original porter/creater of the skirt, Krista for the body and panties and Bethesda for the original.  Post up some feedback and pics if you like the armor.

iDCBqSejPGkta.pngi78BJ3jC5kJjl.pngiJ9xohRslt49q.pngibjQSwMntf7Jlw.png

DEM Vanilla Armor RC1.7z

Note: This is not a replacer so it can be used without F-ing up your other characters armor I just added the proper armor addon so the unenchanted Dwarven armor will display on a Demonica character (this means your character must be a demonica for this version or the armor to appear). The esp modifies the armor entry for dwarven armor so its incompatible with any mod that changes the armor value, price, and etc of the armor. It's however compatible with all original non-dem mesh replacers. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thank's, this armor looks awesome!
I've downloaded it and it fits perfectly.

Is there a chance, that you can make a more dwemerish texture for that skirt, maybe like the dark purple on the original cloth-parts?
I tried to retexture that skirt, but I'm not good in that.

post-123551-0-33951900-1404543626_thumb.jpg

Nael would be very thankful if you can do this, maybe as an option?

I was thinking I would attempt a vanillaish color for the full release. I just kinda liked the way the white looked which is why I haven't done so yet. That and I'm a poor texture artist lol. I still plan on finishing this at some point I just haven't be motivated to work on it as of late. I have been attempting to rig this for HDT PE. Unfortunately it's kicking my ass. 

ioIkLzEGoe0zo.png

I must say I loved this dress in oblivion and feel it needs a good skyrim/DEM port  :lol: So I couldn't resist posting this screen lol.

Thank you, HeavyDude!

This is the result:

Front

post-123551-0-66038800-1404663652_thumb.jpg

Back

post-123551-0-21988500-1404663690_thumb.jpg

The problem is, I don't know, why there is so much gloss on that fabric.

If you can see in the backside picture, if there is no direct light, it looks ok.

I guess there is something wrong in the 6BSLightingShaderProperty of the 1 NiTriShape.

So I fought with this awhile last night thinking it was just the alpha channel on the normal map combined with the gloss setting. So I changed all that and it still didn't fix it so I fought with it some more with no success. I got up this morning and picked up where I left off only to find my dumb ass had saved the edited normal map in the old folder directory I was using before I changed it for the released test file. Here is what it looks like now with an unfinished re-texture.

iL1UTetkLrjYC.png

Here is a slightly different alpha in direct sunlight.

iUZ80csjPE0QM.png

Finished up the texture.

igPIxTeoDD57L.png

Let me know what your thoughts are.

Yes, yes, yes!

That's how it should look! *thumbs up*

Did I got it right, you used a different alpha in the first pic so that it looks darker?

If so, this would be my preferred Texture.

And again, thanks for your work!

Here is an updated version with the purple skirt and adjusted glossiness. As always share your thoughts and opinions. Here is a list of things I know I need to fix and add.

Things I plan to fix or add in the following order.

• Weight Slider support.
  • Gap between the arm portion and the chest.
  • Clipping around the armpits in some poses.(I will most likely just remove the body inside of the armor portion to solve this.)
  • Work on the smoothing groups on the tips of the boots to get a more rounded feel.

Things that will most likely remain the same.

• Some clipping issues the Tassets have will most likely remain as I don't wanna weight them to bend with the legs. That just seems odd to me.
  • Same Goes for the pauldrons although it looks like some bending is happening somehow now. Not sure how this happend.  :dodgy:  

DEM Vanilla Armor RC1.1.7z

I was thinking I would attempt a vanillaish color for the full release. I just kinda liked the way the white looked which is why I haven't done so yet. That and I'm a poor texture artist lol. I still plan on finishing this at some point I just haven't be motivated to work on it as of late. I have been attempting to rig this for HDT PE. Unfortunately it's kicking my ass. 

ioIkLzEGoe0zo.png

I must say I loved this dress in oblivion and feel it needs a good skyrim/DEM port  :lol: So I couldn't resist posting this screen lol.

Wow, great!

Look's cool!

Would you like to share it with us?

Downloaded your Update and this is how it looks:

post-123551-0-10322100-1404845918_thumb.jpg

Much better than before!

There is still a little glare, depending on the angle I look at the skirt, but this could be because of my ENB, I guess.

ioIkLzEGoe0zo.png

Wow, great!

Look's cool!

Would you like to share it with us?

Downloaded your Update and this is how it looks:

Much better than before!

There is still a little glare, depending on the angle I look at the skirt, but this could be because of my ENB, I guess.

I will most likely when and if I ever get some respectable skin weighting on the lower portion right now it just behaves terribly when walking and etc the screens I posted had some carefully selected poses  :P. As for the glare that is gonna vary greatly with enb selection if you have a dds plugin open the normal map and select the alpha channel and just lower the brightness or you can adjust the gloss in nifskope its at 30 right now try 10 and work your way down.

Archived