[words removed for space]

I'm not familiar with that Draugr thing unfortunately. I've spent about 2 hours inside Skyrim and a year modding. I'll talk to the jarl of Whiterun one of these days.

But, that is very intriguing to me. The only thing I'll say is that people far smarter than me have been advising me on this stuff and they haven't mentioned it themselves. They have stuff like skeletons, FNIS or RaceMenu on their resumé and if they didn't see an alternative I don't know who will.

Unfortunately the only way known at the moment to enable ragdoll and erect animations to both seemingly function at the same time is to have two meshes of the same object, just with different bone names. For this setup, when a script sends a command for an erection, it switches to a mesh that has bones for the erection. It's simple enough for Sexlab, as there's already an "equip strap-on" setup for female characters that would be simple to modify.

You might have already thought of the weakness of this setup: stuff like Sexlab Aroused that effects erections slowly. That is something to be dealt with.

Erect mesh is connected to the pre-existing SoS bones, but for flaccid there is a secondary mesh that points to SoS Bone B or whatever. [Note: When I say "erect mesh" I don't mean it's permanently erect, just that it's attached to bones that control erections]

This is also why I split the mesh into multiple parts. The balls have no controlled animations in the default SoS system so they don't need to be switched out, they can always be ragdoll unless restricted by an equipped accessory or item.

Okay, with that out of the way I'm going to explain what I've been doing:

I've reached a little bit of an impasse as to the graphic fidelity and detail. I'm confident in the detail I've been giving them, but I think I've been giving them too much detail.

To explain what I mean and also to demonstrate my impressive skill in creating circles with a mouse (seriously check out the left side of the heads, you see how smooth and circle-like they are? I've never drawn a curve so smooth in my life)

post-145041-0-86275900-1403743345_thumb.png

Which row, top or bottom, is it easier for you to accept as different individuals?

The top, right? There isn't much detail, so you see the color change as important.

Everyone loves detailed penises, but as detail increases the more likely we are to reject them as clones. It's a fine line to tread and I keep stumbling over myself on it.

[words removed for space]

I'm not familiar with that Draugr thing unfortunately. I've spent about 2 hours inside Skyrim and a year modding. I'll talk to the jarl of Whiterun one of these days.

But, that is very intriguing to me. The only thing I'll say is that people far smarter than me have been advising me on this stuff and they haven't mentioned it themselves. They have stuff like skeletons, FNIS or RaceMenu on their resumé and if they didn't see an alternative I don't know who will.

Unfortunately the only way known at the moment to enable ragdoll and erect animations to both seemingly function at the same time is to have two meshes of the same object, just with different bone names. For this setup, when a script sends a command for an erection, it switches to a mesh that has bones for the erection. It's simple enough for Sexlab, as there's already an "equip strap-on" setup for female characters that would be simple to modify.

You might have already thought of the weakness of this setup: stuff like Sexlab Aroused that effects erections slowly. That is something to be dealt with.

Erect mesh is connected to the pre-existing SoS bones, but for flaccid there is a secondary mesh that points to SoS Bone B or whatever. [Note: When I say "erect mesh" I don't mean it's permanently erect, just that it's attached to bones that control erections]

This is also why I split the mesh into multiple parts. The balls have no controlled animations in the default SoS system so they don't need to be switched out, they can always be ragdoll unless restricted by an equipped accessory or item.

Okay, with that out of the way I'm going to explain what I've been doing:

I've reached a little bit of an impasse as to the graphic fidelity and detail. I'm confident in the detail I've been giving them, but I think I've been giving them too much detail.

To explain what I mean and also to demonstrate my impressive skill in creating circles with a mouse (seriously check out the left side of the heads, you see how smooth and circle-like they are? I've never drawn a curve so smooth in my life)

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

Which row, top or bottom, is it easier for you to accept as different individuals?

The top, right? There isn't much detail, so you see the color change as important.

Everyone loves detailed penises, but as detail increases the more likely we are to reject them as clones. It's a fine line to tread and I keep stumbling over myself on it.

While I tend to agree about a schlong with a goatee and mustache being somewhat disturbingly detailed, I personally wouldn't mind it, so go for it! :cool:

After all is it not every schlong's right to be fashionable? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Will there be a Hermaphrodite version???

That way you wouldn't need a strap on when doing the chicks while being a chick but could still be dicked as a chick....

Yeah that last line was in total bad taste...

considering its supposed to be "modular" yes hermaphrodite (pussy and dick, no balls) should be be available.

There is a no balls version of SOS available, I have no link but a quick search should get it for you. (you can use equip-able SOS as a fake strap-on)

Will there be a Hermaphrodite version???

That way you wouldn't need a strap on when doing the chicks while being a chick but could still be dicked as a chick....

Yeah that last line was in total bad taste...

considering its supposed to be "modular" yes hermaphrodite (pussy and dick, no balls) should be be available.

There is a no balls version of SOS available, I have no link but a quick search should get it for you. (you can use equip-able SOS as a fake strap-on)

Here is a link to One of them!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it's being worked on, it's painstaking work but I guarantee that Phygnos has not disappeared and has been working hard at this for a long time.

He's kind of recluse aboout updating his public thread and stuff about the project's status.

All good things take time, so just have patience :)

Yes, sorry. It's still being worked on. I just don't like coming to the forum when I have work to do because I see other mods and I get sidetracked.

I'm currently working on skin weighing and then it's specular and subsurface scatter maps.

I guess here's a teaser image that took way too long to make:

post-145041-0-64975900-1406695127_thumb.jpg

(anus still needs work, and the textures have to be blended in gimp or whatever)

Something everyone can do to help me is to get permission from various armor creators for me to use them for the SoS system.

Alright, I'll come out of seclusion for this mod. That is some damn fine penis modeling.

I'm a little worried about the proposed idea for mesh swapping.  Not only will it not be able to do transition states from arousal mods, but I think the game-engine mesh-swapping process is too slow; we'll probably end up with a few frames at the start of a SL scene where our guy is temporarily without the essentials while the game engine loads the 'new' mesh.

My suggestion (and I'm not claiming to be an expert in this area since I mainly worked on skeletons for SoS) would be to look into havok scripts.  Have two different sets of bones (one for flaccid with HDT, and another sans HDT for erection, as you already proposed), assign them both to the penis as needed, and then use havok to dynamically change the weight assigned to the bones.

Another option would be to use only the HDT bones and add an invisible collision object below the penis during erection. There would still be bounce and play during animation, but the object would act as a threshold.  The downside to this would be possible conflicts during scenes with other collision enabled parts.

... Brain storm! ... Better idea, lets get anatomical with this and put the HDT collision object inside the penis.  Use two sets of bones like planned before.  The erection bones control the internal collision objects. Change the penis model parts to use backfaces so the HDT would register within the mesh as well as exterior. When flaccid, the collision objects can be moved into the pelvis, giving the HDT free reign. When an erection starts the collision objects can slowly begin moving into the penis, and the collision on the backface will start the erection and limit free motion.

I probably have no idea what I'm talking about; don't even know if HDT or the game engine even supports backfaces...

Anyhow I'm really excited about this and would love to help if you have something specific that needs done.

That looks amazing Phygnos. How bout a beta release to get feedback?

Soon. In a week or so, hopefully. It won't have all the features, and I'm not sure if I can produce a good subsurface map in time, but we'll see. Havok likes to cause problems.

However the major ESP work with multiple mesh switched in and out won't be included

post-145041-0-70677100-1407049975_thumb.gif

• 2 weeks later...