File Submitted: 25 May 2014

File Category: Other

Requires: NVSE 4.2something

yjb8jb6395jwjur4g.jpg

SHORT DESCRIPTION
If you want to try this, just watch this video AND read KNOWN ISSUES below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jmdZja36hI&feature=youtu.be

UPDATE
It now requires this to be downloaded separately, to increase compatibility. You place it inside your Data folder, activate it and put it before in your Load Order.

LONG DESCRIPTION
While waiting for Nina, I did this mod as a proof of concept, it was a nice way to test the reliability of some UDFs I did few days ago. This is classified as Beta because I just uploaded to have more tests on the "core" itself, trying that on other NV installations. Anyway, if it will work fine, this "bomb" will be craftable and I will hide the schematics inside a short quest involving some fiend bloodbath.

HOW IT WORKS
Take this bomb inside a trunk just in front of Doc Mitchell's house, on a wall. They are "ingestibles", it means you will find them under "Help" (or is it Aid?) in GECK, just like food.
When you use it and close the pipboy, you will be forced to equip a detonator, there's no way to remove it. After 1-2 seconds (it varies by game delays), a small buggy will be deployed on your feet, you will hear a sound like something that falls on the ground. DON'T CLICK your left button! or it will detonate just on your feet :)
At this point, you can decide to go a bit more far and detonate it, so it can be used just like a remote control mine, just like C4, or you can point your crosshair on the little car and activate it. A small menu will allow you to take the car back (so the detonator will be removed by your hands) or start driving the car (with the option Activate).
To drive you can use WASD just like you move your character. Still, if you press Fire, the car will detonate.
On top left there's a small hud that shows the damage of the car hull. If a monster will attach the car, when the health reaches zero it will detonate automatically.
Also, if while you drive the car your character with the remote control is attached by an enemy, the controls will go back to you and the car will detonate automatically (so be careful).
If you deployed the car and an enemy is attacking you, you won't be able to Activate it and drive against him, no matter if he's very far, if he's in the Combat condition you can't drive the car.
I guess that's all.

FUTURE PLANS (if everything works fine, much or less)
- Solving known and unknown bugs
- Putting a small quest to gain the schematics so that the car will be craftable
- Nerfing the explosion (fatman explosion is just a placeholder, it was nice to see)
- Putting a max range of the controller, definetely shorter in interiors
- Increase compatibility

INSTALLATION
Requires last NVSE, what is it... 4.2something.
Drop the content inside your Data folder, activate both the ESM (CamUtil.esp) and the ESP (BoomBoom.esp).
If some program tells you "hey it's marked as esm but it's an esp!", answer it that yes, you can read.

UNINSTALLATION
.(pse.mooBmooB) PSE eht dna (pse.litUmaC) MSE eht thob etavitca ,redlof ataD ruoy edisni tnetnoc eht porD
Basically, do the contrary of what you did when you installed it.

KNOWN ISSUES
- Since it's a beta, when you deploy the car till you detonate it, your console WILL SPAM A LOOOOT OF MY MESSAGES! can you disable them? yes but I don't tell you how. They don't hurt you and could help me if something goes wrong with you.
- ALMOST FULLY INCOMPATIBLE WITH PIPBOY REPLACERS! for now I'm sure that Readius works fine (next thing I'll fix) should be fixed
- INCOMPATIBLE with non-vanilla companions, just leave them grazing at home (next next thing I'll fix, at least for the most common ones) should be fixed
- PROJECT NEVADA: if you sprint with the detonator on your hand, the car will detonate, so CAREFUL!
- I can't really call it "script intensive", but well there are scripts running. If your installation is slow, something could not work fine. If you're unsure, please create new savegames and don't overwrite old ones.
A good way to understand if you're in danger: if the car doesn't do what it's supposed to do, like in the video, you're in danger.
At that point, really, DON'T overwrite your savegames. Please.

CREDITS and PERMISSION
Doctasax for his wonderful UDF tutorial
REZ for his wonderful buggy mesh resource
Contact me for any kind of permission

download.png
Click here to download this file

Cool another thing to torment my non vanilla followers with.  :D I use to have one for skyrim I think it was called nuke arrows turn on tgm shoot some of them at your feet wait for the explosion and go flying half way across the map without ever touching the ground you did have to have your followers set to essential and have them tagged so that you could find them if they lost/stuck. One arrow could set half the area map around you to hostile using it in town was fun just too see how many people you could launch out of the town and then watch them come back down and when they did they actually have a smoke stream following them when they reenter the atmosphere.

more than "INCOMPATIBLE" it's more "I can't touch non-vanilla followers so I can't put them in safe". At least for now. Soon I'll try include at least the most common ones as Niner, Willow and Delilah.

yes they told me! me, I saw that in some old movie, I don't even remember the name, I guess it was in the '80s

Tremors was a movie that extensively used the remote control car and dynamite to kill the monsters.

Anyway that is a cool mod that you created. Maybe even have a small quest where you find an old warehouse where these toys have been sitting for 200 years? Get a couple .. go out and bomb. Get a few more. :)  Could add some creatures there as well as some dynamite in a mini fight scene where the player has to use these to escape..? Just some ideas. Keep up the awesome work on these interesting mods.

I'll be away some days, if someone tries it I'd love to have a feedback on "functionality". I'm more concerned by the script doing what's supposed to do in that short delay time and in situations like fights. I'm playing with some scripted mods, but no textures or ENB at all, so my NV installation isn't heavy, would be nice to see how it works on other environments, if it moves smooth or if it stutter

UDFs for linear interpolation? Sounds good, I like it. Too much scripting, though, you can make linear interpolation (camera smooth A to B pos + angles movement) inside main script body. ~30 lines only.

Also, after player.setscale <value> always use

player.disable

player.enable

It will fix fps drop. Yes, there is fps drop after setscale. Because it's vanilla bug.

Not that much scripting, if you think they're made to be generic and all they do is conditional statements to adapt them in different situations. In the past I was putting everything in the main script, then I noticed how I was always copy pasting the same code over and over, of course adapting to the different context but still the same code. That's why I decided to write these. I also was reaching easily the max lenght script and UDF solved that unavoidable problem instead of splitting script in many sub-scripts. This... "mod" is for me just a way to test their reliability :)

Thanx for the clue on setscale, I'll add it on the UDF, I never noticed the fps drop, wondering if update3d could do the trick

In the past I was putting everything in the main script, then I noticed how I was always copy pasting the same code over and over, of course adapting to the different context but still the same code. That's why I decided to write these.

Yeah, that's why I like it. CamUtil can be used in other mods, if you release it separately (and maybe with some more funcs) with documentation. Just like UDF Math Functions Library for Oblivion.

Update3d will not work on PC in newest NVSE version. Even if it were working - it breaks the game. So Update3D is no-no function. Myth about open-close pipboy fix is just a myth. There are only two ways of updating player's 3D data - sexchange (twice) and disable-enable. Sometimes it's necessary to run both (workarounds ftw =D), but for setscale disable-enable is enough.

About FPS hit. It's not that noticeable (especially if your game runs at 60 frames and you have vsync enabled), but it's still there.

Also

you can find algohol functions in NVSE useful, if you will work with linear interpolation in the future. Those funcs are kinda godsend.

• QFromAxisAngle - Converts rotation axis and angle to quaternion.
  • QFromEuler - Converts euler angles to quaternion (two euler rotation sequences are available, because actors use different sequence than other objects. the default is XYZ, and optionally ZX for actors).
  • QInterpolate - Interpolates between two given quaternions (two methods are available: the default is normalized linear interpolation, and optionally spherical linear interpolation).
  • QMultQuat - Multiplies two quaternions (Grossmann product). The result is the second quaternion rotated by the first.
  • QMultVector3 - Multiplies a vector3 with a quaternion. The result is the vector rotated by the quaternion.
  • QNormalize - Converts rotation axis and angle to quaternion.
  • QToEuler - Converts a given quaternion to euler angles (again, two different euler rotation sequences available). The quaternion does not need to be normalized.
  • V3Crossproduct - Returns crossproduct of two vector3s.
  • V3Length - Returns length of a vector3.
  • V3Normalize - Returns normalized vector3.

More info here http://www.gribbleshnibit.com/projects/NVSEDocs and here http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/13337

On a side I was a bit disconcerted because people would have another plugin to flag in their beloved LO... but on the other side I think it really could be useful to make short scripts and not care to handle the math behind movements. It started as something for ingame cutscenes, but well I guess it's possible to use it in different contexts. My idea would be put it as free modder resource if people want to use it, I just feel it's too premature since it's the result of 3-4 days of scripting when I learnt UDFs. I'd like if it cares about movements, handling companions, camera angles, few math behind that all, and then the modder just needs to care about where/how to use it. Doing something like this for a modder is pretty easy, it only requires to put few xmarkers on the stage and pass their names to the UDF, and doesn't require to know anything else about how the UDFs operate, this would be essentially my goal. IF there's people willing to use it, of course... ;)

I didn't know these functions of NVSE, I'll take a look at them, thank you for pointing me there. I already see me spitting blood and banging head against the monitor because I don't understand the documentation... *laughs*

By the way, how's the Doge coming?

I just feel it's too premature since it's the result of 3-4 days of scripting

There's a lot of people who will tell you - it's definitely not premature. Yes, it may be easy for skilled scripter. But for not so skilled modders it may take a lot of time, more than just 3-4 days. Modder's resource is the way to go.

IF there's people willing to use it, of course...

More funcs - more fun. Scripters love new functions, so if there's something they can use to make their own scripts less long and more stable - they will use it.

Doge is done. Well, except companion wheel, hire quest, stats. Working on other feature atm, so doge will wait some time.

How's the horse coming? =))

took a break... I decided to learn something more about the "past", I started modding since too little and just in NV. To focus a reliable solution for a horse, I feel I miss important pieces of the puzzle. The last tries lent me to think that even if I manage to fake an Entry Point I still would have some issues with IK. Possible? yes. Reliable / nice to see? not really, it clips too much for now.

I figured an alternative idea but... I lack the will to do that, I should redo a complete alternative skeleton with many bones and I don't know if I really want to lose days/weeks/months behind that, without figuring if the result will be pretty.

That's also the beauty of modding, there are so many things one person could do, and not enough time to try them all :) and I have a worldspace to complete, I really would love to finish that one day...

there are so many things one person could do, and not enough time to try them all

That's why we have modding teams =) Nevada team for example. Too much work for 1 person. But not for a group, right?)

Anyway, I should stop flooding modpage with off-topic. Will PM you in a moment.

UDFs for linear interpolation? Sounds good, I like it. Too much scripting, though, you can make linear interpolation (camera smooth A to B pos + angles movement) inside main script body. ~30 lines only.

Also, after player.setscale <value> always use

player.disable

player.enable

It will fix fps drop. Yes, there is fps drop after setscale. Because it's vanilla bug.

Huh.  Glad that I stumbled in here.

How long does the fps drop last?  Until next game launch?