• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi! I don't think I'll get an answer at this point, but here we go!

First thanks for adding HDT to argonians and khajiit tails, I don't know if I could ever play with the Vanilla statics ones again.

I wanted to report something though, I don't know if it has already been.

Whenever I equip or remove an armor on an Argonian, HDT for the tail completely stops working, even if I reload the save or go back to the main menu, then load again. The only way for HDT to apply again is to quit the game and launch it again... It does not seem to happen to Khajiits.

If anyone knows why this happens, is there a simple way to fix this? I suppose it either comes from the tail nif, or the xml for argonian tail. Oh, I use bigger argonian tails too, I don't know if it has something to do with the problem.

Thanks in advance!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey! I hope someone can give me some advice on this. I recently downloaded a follower which comes with a draenei tail that has it's own xml file. But I didn't like the way the tail moved so I was thinking about making it use another tail xml that I downloaded from this mod: 

But I have never edited xmls before or made a tail use another xml and when I tried to link it to this xml in nifskope, the tail either stopped moving or disappeared from the follower. So I was wondering, how would on go about doing this the right way? To make a tail use another xml than the default one? Is this possible to do and does is it a long process to fix?

Hope someone can share some advice on this!

Thanks in advance! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there!

I am yet another person who is having difficulty getting the Alduin Tail to work with Nikitaa's Succubus Race mod.  I see all the replies of "find the dragon tail and simply swap the mesh with the succubus tail and it should work if you have hdt pe installed correctly".  But what does that mean?  Everything else that I have that relies on the hdt pe skeleton I have works.  The default succubus tail works.  As soon as I swap the Alduin tail mesh in, it just sticks straight out and does nothing.

My process: 

-Nav to "mods\Succubus Race\meshes\actors\character\SuccubusLite\SuccubusAppearance\Tails" (I use modorganizer2) and delete/remove the "AnimatedHDTTail_01.nif" from the folder and drop in "tail_alduin_1.nif" from "hdt_dragon_tails.zip\data\meshes\dragon_tail".

-Rename "tail_alduin_1.nif" to "AnimatedHDTTail_01.nif"

Nothing.  Straight, stiff tail.

Reverse the process, back to a fully hdt responsive spadetail.

I've tried even swapping and renaming the hdt tail SKSE script in the SKSE folder (interesting fact, these have different numericals under "hkobject name" in the xml's) but still nothing.

I've tried pairing the "tail_alduin_1.nif" with "tail_alduin_0.nif" in the succubus file named 01 and 00 and still nothing.

Even tried repositioning my XP32 and accompanying HDT extension mods to later in the order so that nothing is modifying/overwriting them.  Same results.

But apparently, people have gotten this to work!  How?  Please tell me!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Replying so google will index this. May also help some people.

The problem is basically that the tail does not work if the bones are not properly parented.

If you are trying to rig an armor piece with a tail, and the tail is not working properly when the player changes position (sneaking/etc), try the following:

1. Prepping the HDT tail skeleton
    1. Import the XP32 skeleton
    2. Import an existing HDT tail with the import skeleton and create with NiNodes options ON
  2. Skinning
    1. Apply skinning modifier to mesh
    2. Make sure that every bone in the HDT tail is rigged to a corresponding portion of the mesh (From CME TailBone01 to HDT TailBone0011)
      1. Apparently CME Tail Spine [Spn0] does not need to be rigged (confirm)
  3. Exporting (CRITICAL)
    1. Export with Flatten Hierarchy OFF, and Remove Extra Bones OFF
    2. Open mesh. It should have a ridiculous number of nodes.
    3. Nifskope > Spells > Optimize > Remove Bogus Nodes
    4. A correctly exported block list will look like this:
    5. image.png.0d9a58906c4216419fcf23bad8233b5d.png
    6. Copy the HDT Havok Path from an existing tail to this new mesh
    7. Save the mesh
  4. Creation Kit
    1. If you get duplicate tails, you likely tried to assign a tail to more than one armoraddon. Only use one.
  • 1 month later...
On 2/21/2020 at 7:30 PM, MrNoobMan said:

Ported to SE by me

enjoy

I appreciate the effort, but for some reason tails are not the same as jacques00 It's been some time since I played Oldrim with this mod (and shame Dailymotion bombed my video showcasing it) but I remember tails curling around and moving, well, more. Playing SSE now and testing various tail mods, but mostly these just hang flaccid, reacting to movement of course but lacking other movement. I don't know how the original modder made it better.

• 10 months later...
On 9/14/2020 at 6:42 PM, Kalatorni said:

I appreciate the effort, but for some reason tails are not the same as jacques00 It's been some time since I played Oldrim with this mod (and shame Dailymotion bombed my video showcasing it) but I remember tails curling around and moving, well, more. Playing SSE now and testing various tail mods, but mostly these just hang flaccid, reacting to movement of course but lacking other movement. I don't know how the original modder made it better.

Thank god I wasn't the only one that noticed.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

the tails for argonian race just stop animating and stick straight back, I haven't tried it for Khajit as I play Argonian I want to use hdt physics on Argonian tail, the issue may persist with Khajit's as well

On 5/23/2014 at 11:48 PM, jacques00 said:

Alternate Mesh Replacer (Higher Placement):

No .esp and no item numbers. Replaces vanilla Argonian and Khajiit tails only (Higher placement. Main mod is not required, but can be used together.)

hdt_beast_race_tail_replacer_cbbe.zip

• 7 months later...
On 3/13/2022 at 6:23 PM, Regret_Being_Here said:

the tails for argonian race just stop animating and stick straight back, I haven't tried it for Khajit as I play Argonian I want to use hdt physics on Argonian tail, the issue may persist with Khajit's as well

Even for LE users that mod has been broken for a long time.

I found this worthy successor for SSE though:

Equipable Beast Tails - HDT SMP (Physics) - there are two variants

1- a "full fat" ESP which adds crafting recipes to craft tails at the tanning rack (to be used by any vanilla or custom races that don't already have them, or as a tail remover for Khajits and Argonians that already do)

2- and a ESLified version with no crafting recipes, you can obtain the tails through console commands for the same effect though. 

Having the mod installed, by default gives Khajits and Argonians upgraded SMP tails, so you don't need to do anything for them.  However, if you want to REMOVE the tail from one of these races, install the mod, craft or console yourself a tail, and equip it to your tailed character - the two cancel each other out, leaving you with no tail at all.  I found out in my searches, that some people were actually looking to get rid of their tails.  Hey, that's not for me, but if you're happy, I'm happy.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2017 at 6:45 AM, Juranas said:

How would I go about using this as a replacer for the default Succubus Race tail? I think someone mentioned dropping an asset into a specific folder?

I also want to replace the succubus race tail in PSQ. When she transforms, the tail appears

But it is very difficult